Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,590 members, 7,837,224 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. (112292 Views)

Comedian Akpororo Apologizes To Kate Henshaw After Her Outburst / Okey Bakassi Throws Shade At Buhari / Comedian Akpororo Weds Josephine (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by dom(m): 11:23am On May 30, 2015
Oh well, APC chose entertainers it felt werent loyal or close to the past administration. So they got what they wanted. My choral group has given close to 10 watertight performances in the presence of past presidents, yet our proposal to perform at this year's inauguration events was turned down. They forgot that entertainers are like water wey no get enemy.

1 Like

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by ucloaded1: 11:24am On May 30, 2015
The jokes i just read are funny to me. Maybe he presented them poorly... E no easy sha.
Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by Nobody: 11:24am On May 30, 2015
Ariel20:
I actually felt for the dude, his jokes did not fit that occasion. An Ali Baba is more matured & would have done better. His tight trouuser sef wey come they show him penile map didn't even help matters.

Very very tight for comfort abeg grin

Wetin divert ur eyes go there sef lol
Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by egobetatoday: 11:49am On May 30, 2015
hedonistic:

So this explains it. Starting the new government with nepotism and 'Man know Man' - even in the smallest of things. Is this what the much-vaunted 'change' will entail?

hehehe...this is their kind of 'change'. i dont expect them to know what 'change' means anyway.

in their own dictionary 'change' means change of govt from Gej to Gmb. pls dont expect change in any other area so u wont be TOO disappointed.
Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by Ekaka1(m): 11:52am On May 30, 2015
expozey:
Quite surprised to hear this. I personally consider him one of Nigeria's top conedians judging by some of his performances I've witnessed.
Probably this was the biggest occasion he has performed in and was just so nervous. I know he'll definitely get better.
I'm sure it's either He was brought in at last minute to fill in or the typical Nigerian nonchalant spirit (pleases forgive the generalisation) took him over.
This dude has performed a couple of times at the EXPERIENCE which holds at TBS with lots of dignitaries and over 550k people in attendance nah
Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by Ekaka1(m): 11:56am On May 30, 2015
pek:
bros, it is secular and not circular. Also, believe you me is wrong. Just say, believe me.
Are you saying, He just 'over-rated' himself over Akpororo until you busted him grin tongue
Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by dmcdad: 11:56am On May 30, 2015
Ariel20:
I actually felt for the dude, his jokes did not fit that occasion. An Ali Baba is more matured & would have done better. His tight trouuser sef wey come they show him penile map didn't even help matters.

Very very tight for comfort abeg
grin
Imagine where your eyes go...cheesy

1 Like

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by drehdinho(m): 11:57am On May 30, 2015
vizkiz:
I wasn't expecting him(apororo) to be the comedian at that kindda occasion though(no hating)
Ali baba, or basket mouth...even seyi law would have done better! Even their maturity speaks smiley

As Dem no con use any of ur recommended comedians bayi. any comedian Wey do the performance no go do am well. Even if the comedian couldn't have been better than any of your recommended yeye comedians. Na wetin dey vex me be dis kind tin; We Nigerians no dey like to dey give room for others to develop. And weda we all like am or not ;as Buhari don carry change for head like gele(head gear). we no get any other choice than to adapt to his ways. Shikena!

1 Like

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by Remarkable: 11:59am On May 30, 2015
I disagree with the OP after watching the clip on youtube, those of you wey get MB abeg watch the video and see that the crowd was laughing, especially when he said the bit on changing one's father or that Buhari was his father...

when one sucks, the audience does not applaud the way they did for the guy... nothing he did or said showed he was nervous, he didfnt forget anything, no ums or ahhs or whatever, but he moved smoothly from one joke to the next... the crowd might not have fallen off their chairs laughing, but they were entertained for sure. Again, listen at the end and see how they applauded to appreciate him... (this time, without his asking!)

The OP needs a pastor.

1 Like

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by niceguy7(m): 12:09pm On May 30, 2015
Krasid:
Who says he's not funny? All the OP said was that his nervousness made his jokes yesterday a bit dry.
K....buh to crack jokes no be beans grin
Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by Nobody: 12:15pm On May 30, 2015
Ariel20:

He's way better than your clueless hero.

#Satan be gone grin grin
Ode... na gun wey u hold dey shack u ba?
Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by weedfada(m): 12:40pm On May 30, 2015
kenonze:
Things are getting more difficult these days.
Whatever u do, know that u have competitors all over.
Package ursef well so that u wont miss next opportunity when it presents.

I am gradually loosing interest in nigeria comedy simply because it has been stereotyped. Same with Nollywood actors, everyone wanna be a comedian.
I have lost interest in NTA, AIT, Super Eagles, Nollywood, naija politicians, NEPA, Naija comedy,

I never expected anything different from his performance last night thus I wasnt disappointed.

Hmmm... Like your reasoning bro. What about the music industry? What's your take on that??
Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by mulattoclaro(m): 12:46pm On May 30, 2015
martineverest:
I was really embarassed.i had to switch to another station.....his suit was over-size....i really pity him.
Hahaha. Akpororo don really suffer. Domor sir.

1 Like

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 12:48pm On May 30, 2015
PassingShot:

So, someone saying "he might have been brought by Osinbajo" is enough to disorganize your whole system!
We know that TANoids opposition will be very hilarious. Keep it up!
Na only his comment you see?Oh I forgot,you are been paid to defend Apc no matter d situation
Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by naijanaso: 1:08pm On May 30, 2015
tenry:
Yesterday was a bad day for him cos I doubt it if he ll get called to perform at any presidential event again. Even those amateur national troop elicited laughter frm Mr President, something a so called professional comedian could not achieve. He was called thru his contact wit VP. He usually performs in Redeemed churches. In fact I have watched him life at d redemption camp before and according to someone, he attends one of their parishes in Lagos. Osinbajo might have brought him in. Btw whether he says something good or not, his account balance has changed.

That was the worst comedy I have ever listened to in Naija. For such occasions, I respect BOVI.

1 Like

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by Ihuomadinihu: 1:15pm On May 30, 2015
tupem:
dude! those dry jokes have changed his account balance for good!
Na Godwin.

1 Like

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by kritikali(m): 1:38pm On May 30, 2015
shortgun:
Blame the brainless Daura President

Nobody in ur miserable family can ever be like him..
Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by abei: 1:44pm On May 30, 2015
Akpororo was off track..
Different events have different formats..
Alibaba, Gordons, basketmouth, etcetera would have killed dat show yesterday..
Imagine Korede coming to perform Godwin dere na.?
Dis shows akpororo needs to work on his creativity

1 Like

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by mcprince32(m): 1:52pm On May 30, 2015
Folks, it implied I would ave done excellently , bc as the comedian, I wd simply fart and amplify with mic.
Shey I try?
Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by Nobody: 1:59pm On May 30, 2015
weedfada:

Hmmm... Like your reasoning bro. What about the music industry? What's your take on that??

I dont have problem with the music industry so long as the people loves it.
Music is something u can out rightly condemn so long as majority of the consumers are ok with it
Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by expozey(f): 3:13pm On May 30, 2015
Ekaka1:

I'm sure it's either He was brought in at last minute to fill in or the typical Nigerian nonchalant spirit (pleases forgive the generalisation) took him over.
This dude has performed a couple of times at the EXPERIENCE which holds at TBS with lots of dignitaries and over 550k people in attendance nah

Hmm. You may be right.

1 Like

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by expozey(f): 3:17pm On May 30, 2015
redcliff:

That guy is not funny in anyway. He shouts too much and talk more rubbish

You are correct on the shouting aspect but the guy is funny o. His style of jokes might not suit you, just like I'm not too into basketmouth's. Prefer funnybone and mc abbey.
Gordons even.

1 Like

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by redcliff: 4:06pm On May 30, 2015
expozey:

You are correct on the shouting aspect but the guy is funny o. His style of jokes might not suit you, just like I'm not too into basketmouth's. Prefer funnybone and mc abbey.
Gordons even.

For now the best and most creative is gordons..even if he shouts too theres alot of sense in it.

1 Like

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by uppa(m): 5:14pm On May 30, 2015
Sommyangel:
ole
lolz.......ogini? What haf stole?
Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by Decentdamsel(f): 5:25pm On May 30, 2015
I know that no matter what he got paid but his jokes were too dry esp d dog and nollywood part.I only laughed when he said Buhari was his Dad,but then again,he said Buhari was laughing and asked d cameraman to capture him but Baba wasn't even amused,D M.Cs were worst and pls don't remind me of those Niger abi Chad women performance...if u ask me,I'd say the event was boring and twas d organisers dat caused it

And hey in Tinubu's voice...CONGLAGRATION to him for his changed acc details

1 Like

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by martineverest(m): 5:31pm On May 30, 2015
I greet u,my boss......how our wife?
mulattoclaro:
Hahaha. Akpororo don really suffer. Domor sir.
Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by kennethkaycee(m): 5:37pm On May 30, 2015
hedonistic:
I felt vicarious embarrassment for the dry punk. Had to quickly change the channel when it was getting too much to bear.

Dats where you are getting it all wrong, for someone to fail is not bad at all, he's done better than you who didn't try at all (I guess you know that he was paid)
You can change the channel for all he cares.
Can you make a presentation with such multitude of dignitaries
We are not talking just common men (the whole world was watching, what do you think was going on in his mind?)
Get real brov, I'm sure people like you can't even give testimonies in church talk more face our PRESIDENT AND THE OUTSIDE WORLD grin

1 Like

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by kennethkaycee(m): 5:41pm On May 30, 2015
Ariel20:

Very very tight for comfort abeg grin

Ariel, I dey suspect you shocked
see wetin you dey see shocked on top this matter eee.
Babe, small small ooo grin
Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by shadrach77: 5:56pm On May 30, 2015
honvalid:
kissIm not surprise at all.i think akpororo is over rated for such event.He is my close friend so iknow the programmes dat he can perform well.He is more like 95percent good for church programmes and 50percent okay for circular show.Believe u me he is over rated.They should have give it to Bovi or gandoki.He is not really a total comedian.He only sing,dance and add some jokes when its necessary.
He is your friend yet you feel he is overrated. With friends like you, no one needs an enemy cry cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by Yomboy4ever(m): 6:04pm On May 30, 2015
Esdb3:
Akpororo was the comedian invited for the presidential inaugural gala night, he was banal and even though he tried to hide it, he was nervous!

He came up and cracked his dry egg shell of jokes like this"ahem, can you please appreciate me, pls appreciate me once again. If I crack joke and you no laugh it shows your problem is big and you need a pastor not a comedian. Tell your neighbour you are looking good, tell him or her once again. My name is akpororo but the white men call me akporaurau. My father one time went to buy a dog, though the dog didn't behave like a dog but like a cat anyways dog na dog. You know how people call their dogs by human name, you go see dog called kelvin, gabriel. You'll see white people say gabriel jump, sit, run. One day thieves came and shouted everybody lie down, na so the dog lie. The owner look at the dog and said gabriel bark, bite these people. The dog replied if you no shut up I go bite your ear, no be gun they hold so?(That was the funniest of his jokes and it isn't even funny)"

He then, talked about a warri pastor that asked people to tell their neighbour that what happened to me will happen to you. "Na so I look my neighbour hin get bandage for I eye I con talk say neighbour what happened to you will happened to you" (akpororo then laughed) then he. Greeted joke silva and said "shout to my great aunty, aunty joke silva. We need to improve our nollywood. You see our accident and spirit scenes let us leave the accident scenes to the indians." He then said rubbish about spirit scenes that made no meaning to everybody"

He finally capped his "unfunny" display with "thank you mr president for being a good father, you are my father from far away and thank you my mother(referring to the first lady) even though you don't know you borne me, we want change ehn(then he started chuckling) so we can change our father and we can change our mother"

He finally dropped one dumb joke I won't bore you further with and promised to return. But aint nobody wanna hear that shii no more, I guess so because he didn't return!!!

Damn that dude was so dry. Why didn't they invite basket mouth or ali baba.

Op show us pictures now.

Abeg na joke I dey joke make una no come tak say I don take weed.
Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by mulattoclaro(m): 6:15pm On May 30, 2015
martineverest:
I greet u,my boss......how our wife?
koyo Baba. She's fine. She sends her greetings. How have you been?
Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by martineverest(m): 6:18pm On May 30, 2015
Cool...just too much stress o
mulattoclaro:
koyo Baba. She's fine. She sends her greetings. How have you been?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sexiest Nollywood Actors In 2017 (Photos) / Tiwa Savage Shares Throwback Photo: "When My Bumbum Was Bigger Than Bombay" / 8 Nigerian Guys Richer Than Hushpuppi But Still Humble – Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.