Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,792 members, 7,820,785 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

Jonathan: I Was Scared, I Thought Bayelsa People Would Boo Me - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan: I Was Scared, I Thought Bayelsa People Would Boo Me (592 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan : I Am Under Pressure To Contest For Presidency In 2019 / Goodluck Jonathan : I Have Not Quit Politics Yet / Jonathan: I Did Not Leave Empty Treasury (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan: I Was Scared, I Thought Bayelsa People Would Boo Me by oludashmi(f): 2:05am On May 30, 2015
The immediate past president of Nigeria, Jonathan Goodluck said he is still in shock over the king of reception put in place to celebrate him back to Bayelsa state.

Jonathan said he thought Bayelsa people would boo him but he is surprised at his welcome ceremony. He said he opted for a quiet return but the state governor had insisted that it would be a grand ceremony.

He also told his people how he would use the remaining part of his life to peace building across the country.

“I thank all of you here and my brothers and sisters outside who cannot come in because of the size of the hall, Sometimes when you are exposed to some high offices and you finish serving, you are even afraid of going back home. Because in one way or the other you will feel that you did not satisfy the people.

“Sometimes at the late hour it dawns on you that you could have done that, you could have done that, you failed to do this you, failed to do that. Sometimes you begin to fear whether the people that came to receive you, will they curse you, will they hoot at you?”

“I really don’t have anything to say. The only thing I can do is to thank all Bayelsans, all Ijaw people, all people from the South South, and indeed all Nigerians for giving me the privilege,” he said.

“Sometimes when I step back, I used to say that probably if I had stayed back in Bayelsa I’d have been more useful to the people. But vacating the seat here gave the opportunity for others and they have done wonderfully well. So this period from 1999 till date, my people Bayelsans and Nigerians have given me rare opportunity to serve. First as governor of the state, vice president and president of the country.”

More here >> http://www.nigerianheadlines.com/jonathan-i-was-scared-i-thought-bayelsa-people-would-boo-me/
Re: Jonathan: I Was Scared, I Thought Bayelsa People Would Boo Me by Nobody: 2:09am On May 30, 2015
Lol
Re: Jonathan: I Was Scared, I Thought Bayelsa People Would Boo Me by Orunto: 4:35am On May 30, 2015
Boo you, for what? You will always remain the most resillient President against a dangerous flood and the most educated so far. My advice, continue to fear God and pray harder !!!!

(1) (Reply)

30 Key Quotes From President Buhari's Inaugural Speech / Jonathan Hails Buhari’s Inaugural Speech / Any Thread About Bomb Blast Should Have The Date Of The Incident From Now On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.