Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

Know Of Any Chinese Android Phone That Doesn't Heat Up On Heavy Use (eg Gaming)? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Know Of Any Chinese Android Phone That Doesn't Heat Up On Heavy Use (eg Gaming)? (3855 Views)

How Many Hours Does Your Phone Lasts On Heavy Usage And What Is Your Battery Mah / Motorola Droid Turbo 2:An Unbreakable Screen Phone That Can Take 2TB MicroS Card / Leagoo Elite 1,2 And 3 Chinese Android Phones. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Know Of Any Chinese Android Phone That Doesn't Heat Up On Heavy Use (eg Gaming)? by shortisland: 4:27am On May 30, 2015
I'm a huge fan of Chinese android phone, but I've observed that I'm always out of luck in buying the android phones that doesn't heat up during heavy usage. I recently bought a Chinese android with the following specs:

Phone SoC : Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 MSM8274

Cores: 4

CPU Freq: 2200MHz

GPU: Qualcomm Adreno 330

GPU Cores: 4

RAM: 3GB

RAM Freq: 800MHz

RAM type: LPDDR3

BUT sadly it heats up after playing 5 or 6 sessions of NEED FOR SPEED.

Any hand's on suggestion (based on user experience) of any other Chinese phone that can weather heavy gaming without the corresponding heat?
Re: Know Of Any Chinese Android Phone That Doesn't Heat Up On Heavy Use (eg Gaming)? by Nobody: 5:14am On May 30, 2015
It will be very hard to find one,quad core use more energy,and thats why it heat on heavy usage..

I don't think there is phone that uses quad core or octa core that doesn't tend to heat up during heavy usage.
Re: Know Of Any Chinese Android Phone That Doesn't Heat Up On Heavy Use (eg Gaming)? by Otuabaroku: 6:09am On May 30, 2015
Not really, not every quad core gets heated up on heavy usage. This is where quality and design comes in. It is easy and cheap to assemble all those parts you mentioned by anybody. However, it is very costly to design and assemble it in very qualitative way.

Have you considered why the same specification you mentioned could cost 5 times if it was produced by Apple or Samsung. This is because, these companies invest heavily on design and ensure the end product is of high quality. This comes with a prize; in this case, cost. In return, you get a better product which does not heat up easily as the one you are complaining about.

3 Likes

Re: Know Of Any Chinese Android Phone That Doesn't Heat Up On Heavy Use (eg Gaming)? by Nobody: 7:55am On May 30, 2015
Hmmm.... Thanks for the enlightenment.
Re: Know Of Any Chinese Android Phone That Doesn't Heat Up On Heavy Use (eg Gaming)? by t33why: 8:33am On May 30, 2015
Because a mobile phone is produced by Samsung or anyone else does not mean it won't get heated up. Depends on a whole lot of things, so dont make samsung a saint or something. Its also well known that quad-cores tend to be more prone to this.

2 Likes

Re: Know Of Any Chinese Android Phone That Doesn't Heat Up On Heavy Use (eg Gaming)? by shortisland: 8:53am On May 30, 2015
Otuabaroku:
Not really, not every quad core gets heated up on heavy usage. This is where quality and design comes in. It is easy and cheap to assemble all those parts you mentioned by anybody. However, it is very costly to design and assemble it in very qualitative way.

Have you considered why the same specification you mentioned could cost 5 times if it was produced by Apple or Samsung. This is because, these companies invest heavily on design and ensure the end product is of high quality. This comes with a prize; in this case, cost. In return, you get a better product which does not heat up easily as the one you are complaining about.

Thanks. Do you have any suggestion, apart from Apple, Samsung et al, of any Chinese phone ( like I said I'm a huge fan) that can do this job?
Re: Know Of Any Chinese Android Phone That Doesn't Heat Up On Heavy Use (eg Gaming)? by shortisland: 8:54am On May 30, 2015
udemzy101:
It will be very hard to find one,quad core use more energy,and thats why it heat on heavy usage..

I don't think there is phone that uses quad core or octa core that doesn't tend to heat up during heavy usage.

So which Chinese make or phone spec do you suggest I go for?
Re: Know Of Any Chinese Android Phone That Doesn't Heat Up On Heavy Use (eg Gaming)? by Nobody: 9:00am On May 30, 2015
shortisland:

I don't know oooooo,most of these chinese phones do heat up on heavy usage.

Especially those running on quad core,you can google the advantages and disadvantages of quad core.
Re: Know Of Any Chinese Android Phone That Doesn't Heat Up On Heavy Use (eg Gaming)? by Nobody: 9:26am On May 30, 2015
Try jiayu s3..

1 Like

Re: Know Of Any Chinese Android Phone That Doesn't Heat Up On Heavy Use (eg Gaming)? by Otuabaroku: 9:33am On May 30, 2015
shortisland:

Thanks. Do you have any suggestion, apart from Apple, Samsung et al, of any Chinese phone ( like I said I'm a huge fan) that can do this job?

Unfortunately I have not had any experience with Chinese quad core phones and unable to recommend one for now.

Re: Know Of Any Chinese Android Phone That Doesn't Heat Up On Heavy Use (eg Gaming)? by shortisland: 9:38am On May 30, 2015
udemzy101:

I don't know oooooo,most of these chinese phones do heat up on heavy usage.

Especially those running on quad core,you can google the advantages and disadvantages of quad core.

I think every phone heats up ( depending on degree of use) but I just need one that can stand a little gaming without going crazy over high temperature

1 Like

Re: Know Of Any Chinese Android Phone That Doesn't Heat Up On Heavy Use (eg Gaming)? by shortisland: 9:39am On May 30, 2015
Otuabaroku:

Unfortunately I have not had any experience with Chinese quad core phones and unable to recommend one for now.

Thanks for your input. Other viewers with experience should kindly drop theirs.
Re: Know Of Any Chinese Android Phone That Doesn't Heat Up On Heavy Use (eg Gaming)? by Nobody: 10:31am On May 30, 2015
Get huawei phones. But they are e
quite pricey. Huawei P7 and mate 7. Great phones.

Mate 7 is ard 120k and p7 is ard 70k
Re: Know Of Any Chinese Android Phone That Doesn't Heat Up On Heavy Use (eg Gaming)? by xtervaganza(m): 10:46am On May 30, 2015
shortisland:
I'm a huge fan of Chinese android phone, but I've observed that I'm always out of luck in buying the android phones that doesn't heat up during heavy usage. I recently bought a Chinese android with the following specs:

Any hand's on suggestion (based on user experience) of any other Chinese phone that can weather heavy gaming without the corresponding heat?

i once had gionee elife e5. I enjoyed the phone so much ooo. Ni stupid lagging or heating up
Re: Know Of Any Chinese Android Phone That Doesn't Heat Up On Heavy Use (eg Gaming)? by shortisland: 1:29pm On May 30, 2015
xtervaganza:
i once had gionee elife e5. I enjoyed the phone so much ooo. Ni stupid lagging or heating up

Nice phone...very slim...used it last in 2013...cool phone
Re: Know Of Any Chinese Android Phone That Doesn't Heat Up On Heavy Use (eg Gaming)? by sauceEEP(m): 4:09pm On May 30, 2015
Try umi hammer...
Re: Know Of Any Chinese Android Phone That Doesn't Heat Up On Heavy Use (eg Gaming)? by martineverest(m): 6:14pm On May 30, 2015
Its either the OP lied or d OEM lied about the spec of d phone.

From my observations;
*how many china OEMs use snapdragon?...most of dem are mediatek

* 3gb ram for SD 800?(what yr was ur fone manufactured?)...though,its highly possible.

Chinese OEMs always lie about dia fones specs. If u must get a chinese fone,get huawei,1+1,xiaomi and oppo.the last three are not available in nigeria

1 Like

Re: Know Of Any Chinese Android Phone That Doesn't Heat Up On Heavy Use (eg Gaming)? by basille(m): 3:35am On May 31, 2015
Lenovo k3 note.
Re: Know Of Any Chinese Android Phone That Doesn't Heat Up On Heavy Use (eg Gaming)? by shortisland: 6:20am On May 31, 2015
martineverest:
Its either the OP lied or d OEM lied about the spec of d phone.

From my observations;

* 3gb ram for SD 800?(what yr was ur fone manufactured?)...though,its highly possible.

Chinese OEMs always lie about dia fones specs. If u must get a chinese fone,get huawei,1+1,xiaomi and oppo.the last three are not available in nigeria

@bolded funny you chose to go such route.

here's link to the phone's website http://en.iuni.com/u2/u2_3.shtml phone has got camera you can literally die for

here's a review from another site www.gizchina.com/2014/04/11/iuni-u2-review-feature/
Re: Know Of Any Chinese Android Phone That Doesn't Heat Up On Heavy Use (eg Gaming)? by shortisland: 6:25am On May 31, 2015
basille:
Lenovo k3 note.

Me just dey eye this phone. Just that my maximum phone length na 5.0....anything above I no follow...

thanks for your input
Re: Know Of Any Chinese Android Phone That Doesn't Heat Up On Heavy Use (eg Gaming)? by shortisland: 6:30am On May 31, 2015
sauceEEP:
Try umi hammer...

do you presently use one?
Re: Know Of Any Chinese Android Phone That Doesn't Heat Up On Heavy Use (eg Gaming)? by ayindejimmy(m): 7:47am On May 31, 2015
Otuabaroku:

My Samsung Galaxy x4 zoom heats up most time. And it cost 48k. How do you explain that.
Re: Know Of Any Chinese Android Phone That Doesn't Heat Up On Heavy Use (eg Gaming)? by Nobody: 8:13am On May 31, 2015
All phones heat up,especially those on quad core above.

Now the heat up can be warm or very hot,which ever one you experience,they all heat up,it also depend on how you use it too...

If laptop that have a fan installed inside to cool it down still heat up too,how much more a phone where there is no space to cool it off?

Whether big brand or small brand,it all depend on usage,if you charge your phone and still use it to play games or surf the net,bros it will heat up.

Like i said earlier,it all depend on usage. Even na #160k phone,if you use am anyhow,e go hot...simple.

1 Like

Re: Know Of Any Chinese Android Phone That Doesn't Heat Up On Heavy Use (eg Gaming)? by Otuabaroku: 8:33am On May 31, 2015
ayindejimmy:

My Samsung Galaxy x4 zoom heats up most time. And it cost 48k. How do you explain that.

The only explanation I have for this is that you could have bought defective type. This is because I have been using my Samsung S4 for more than 2 yrs now and always engage it in heavy usage and I have not experienced any over heating issue .

Here are few suggestion you can try:

Turn the device off and take the battery out. Check to see if it is swollen.

If it is do not turn back on until you got a new battery.

Hold the home button and deactivate any apps.

Also Settings – More – Security – “Security policy Updates”- Unclick “automatic update  (This is a massive power drainer)

Also activate power save under “my devices”

Lastly under “accounts” it shows the apps which back up to the net and update so deactivate any you don’t want or need. Google is the worse as it checks and back up loads so un-tick and services you don’t need.

Re: Know Of Any Chinese Android Phone That Doesn't Heat Up On Heavy Use (eg Gaming)? by scarr: 8:49am On May 31, 2015
shortisland:

THL 4000 dat I use hardly gets hot, I've been playing MC5 online for almost two hours and my battery temp is 40°, overall temp of the phone is 35°.
If your within abuja or environs I can give you the phone for a small token

1 Like

Re: Know Of Any Chinese Android Phone That Doesn't Heat Up On Heavy Use (eg Gaming)? by AndroBlaze: 10:00am On May 31, 2015
@ OP

Besides the heating issue, how would you rate the phone and the overall experience using it? Also does the battery perform to expectation?
Re: Know Of Any Chinese Android Phone That Doesn't Heat Up On Heavy Use (eg Gaming)? by ayindejimmy(m): 10:44am On May 31, 2015
Otuabaroku:

The only explanation I have for this is that you could have bought defective type. This is because I have been using my Samsung S4 for more than 2 yrs now and always engage it in heavy usage and I have not experienced any over heating issue .

Here are few suggestion you can try:

Turn the device off and take the battery out. Check to see if it is swollen.

If it is do not turn back on until you got a new battery.

Hold the home button and deactivate any apps.

Also Settings – More – Security – “Security policy Updates”- Unclick “automatic update  (This is a massive power drainer)

Also activate power save under “my devices”

Lastly under “accounts” it shows the apps which back up to the net and update so deactivate any you don’t want or need. Google is the worse as it checks and back up loads so un-tick and services you don’t need.

The phone is brand new.
I know why it's heating up. It's loaded with apps Cos the ram is usually at 89%.
Luckily, I'm not an heavy gamer. It's just when I'm online it heats up.
Re: Know Of Any Chinese Android Phone That Doesn't Heat Up On Heavy Use (eg Gaming)? by shortisland: 11:09am On May 31, 2015
scarr:

THL 4000 dat I use hardly gets hot, I've been playing MC5 online for almost two hours and my battery temp is 40°, overall temp of the phone is 35°.
If your within abuja or environs I can give you the phone for a small token

Thanks for the offer. But I'll pass on the offer
Re: Know Of Any Chinese Android Phone That Doesn't Heat Up On Heavy Use (eg Gaming)? by tdayof(m): 12:20pm On May 31, 2015
martineverest:
I[s]ts either the OP lied or d OEM lied about the spec of d phone.

From my observations;

Chinese OEMs always lie about dia fones specs.[/s] If u must get a chinese fone,get huawei,1+1,xiaomi and oppo.the last three are not available in nigeria
chai see as you talked without fact....

JARGONS
Re: Know Of Any Chinese Android Phone That Doesn't Heat Up On Heavy Use (eg Gaming)? by yusfatedeeprof(m): 1:33pm On May 31, 2015
shortisland:

it is not about a Chinese Fone that makes fones heat up. it depends on the way the fone is been processed. All fone heat up at a point in time due to heavy usage especially if u are using it while charging. even this high cost smart fone heat up. take for instance Sony experia, Samsung etc. what I'm trying to say is that any fone may heat up it doesn't depend on the type or model. what constitute heating up of fones is the way it is framed
Re: Know Of Any Chinese Android Phone That Doesn't Heat Up On Heavy Use (eg Gaming)? by shortisland: 2:38pm On May 31, 2015
yusfatedeeprof:
it is not about a Chinese Fone that makes fones heat up. it depends on the way the fone is been processed. All fone heat up at a point in time due to heavy usage especially if u are using it while charging. even this high cost smart fone heat up. take for instance Sony experia, Samsung etc. what I'm trying to say is that any fone may heat up it doesn't depend on the type or model. what constitute heating up of fones is the way it is framed

I'm not implying that only Chinese phone heat up, I'm actually their fan.

Just seeking users experiences .

Thanks
Re: Know Of Any Chinese Android Phone That Doesn't Heat Up On Heavy Use (eg Gaming)? by Stancity(m): 3:31pm On May 31, 2015
Otuabaroku:

There is no phøne that doesnt heat up, even those brands you mentioned... I once used Sammy s3, Note 2 and currently, i have Ipad 2 + Jiayu S3.. All gets hot during heavy usage.. A friend sold his S5 to buy Htc m8 becus of heat s5 produces wen on heavy use.. My friend also wants to sell his iphone 4 cus of same pooo..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Modern Combat 5 Blackout 1.3.0j (summer Update) Data + APK – Download Now / 4 Smartphone Brands In Nigeria You Have Never Heard Of / Which Tablet Do I Buy Between 20-35k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.