Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,593 members, 7,812,932 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:54 PM

4 Smartphone Brands In Nigeria You Have Never Heard Of - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 4 Smartphone Brands In Nigeria You Have Never Heard Of (3850 Views)

Top Quality Smartphone Brands Nigerians Should Stop Neglecting.(photos) / How Smaller Smartphone Brands Are Becoming Unapologetic Profit Driven Companies / Top 5 Most Popular Mobile Phone Brands In Nigeria 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Smartphone Brands In Nigeria You Have Never Heard Of by Nobody: 8:19am On Oct 13, 2015
Editor's Note : Kelvin Ogwu writer and Mobile Influencer. He's the senior editor of Android Portal Nigeria.

In my heart , I have always considered Nigeria to be the biggest mobile market in the world.

Although analysts say China has the biggest mobile market , Its hard to fathom why Nigeria is not number one. If you have ever been to computer village (Ikeja) , you will understand what i'm trying to say. That place is a beehive of activities with all sorts of smartphones. The dirty-cheap and the expensive ; all in one place.

I was doing a research recently and I discovered that there are so many "Unknown" smartphone brands selling in Nigeria. Its amazing how they've been on a "Lowkey" for so long. Here are some of them :

Malata

Malata is a subsidiary of Wanlida Group Co., Ltd , a consumer electronics R&grin company based in China. Wanlida Group has been in existence since 1984 , with a strong focus on research and development, as well as producing and selling consumer electronic products.

Just like most chinese brands , Malata is also targeting the low / mid end of the market. Their product catalog includes series of smartphones with average specs. Their most expensive smartphone , Malata S501 , sells for #27,575 while the least expensive smartphone costs #10,300.

They sell their products Online (On Jumia) and in some offline stores.

Oryx Mobile

Getting info about this brand seemed impossible but we were able to crack the nut.

Oryx Mobile is a division of Elisar Resources Ltd, a Nigeria based company aiming Towards offering High Quality Products, Technologies and Solutions to the growing Nigerian market.

Oryx Social is their first and only smartphone so far and it costs just #10,500.

They sell their products online on Jumia and Konga.

Imose Mobile

Imose Mobile is a consumer electronics company that claim to be "Made in Nigeria". They have a product line that includes smartphone and tablets with typical Nigerian names.

Some of their products include Omotab 1.0 Educational Tablets for Kids , Kampe dual sim phone with 10,000mAh battery and hot selling Imose Ankara K2.

They sell their products online on Jumia and Konga

Orbra

Orbra is not new to the game. They have been in the market since 2011 when they launched their first tablet. Ever since then they have launched 4 devices. Orbra Avalanche , Orbra Inferno , Orbra Eve and Most recently , Orbra Eve 2.

Orbra devices are designed in Nigeria, hardware is assembled in China , Software and Packaging are done here in Nigeria.

So can we call them Made in Nigeria? smiley

http://androidportalng.com/4-smartphone-brands-in-nigeria-you-have-never-heard-of/

2 Likes

Re: 4 Smartphone Brands In Nigeria You Have Never Heard Of by ige101(m): 8:33am On Oct 13, 2015
Are they trusted n tested?
Re: 4 Smartphone Brands In Nigeria You Have Never Heard Of by RobinHez(m): 8:53am On Oct 13, 2015
Everyone be advertising for Jumia now undecided ^^^

Anyways, I'm a Jumia consultant too grin
Re: 4 Smartphone Brands In Nigeria You Have Never Heard Of by Nobody: 9:27am On Oct 13, 2015
The rate at which everybody dey open phone making companies now, I dey fear o, na the business whey dey my mind be that.

Anyway

Those obra phones looks good, but I don't. Like to buy startups cos they don't perform at maximum, no optimisation and finally, updates and support.

2 Likes

Re: 4 Smartphone Brands In Nigeria You Have Never Heard Of by Nobody: 10:33am On Oct 13, 2015
ige101:
Are they trusted n tested?

Tested : No

Trusted : Not sure. They are really on a low key. So its difficult to guage their trust level with Nigerians.
Re: 4 Smartphone Brands In Nigeria You Have Never Heard Of by Nobody: 11:57am On Oct 14, 2015
Re: 4 Smartphone Brands In Nigeria You Have Never Heard Of by TechRez(m): 12:00pm On Oct 14, 2015
Nice collections of rear smartphones. Imose caught my attention, hower. Why it failed to gather traction is beyond me.
Re: 4 Smartphone Brands In Nigeria You Have Never Heard Of by Glowstone(m): 12:24pm On Oct 14, 2015
haven't u heard of oxymoron
Re: 4 Smartphone Brands In Nigeria You Have Never Heard Of by Nobody: 4:37pm On Oct 14, 2015
Glowstone:
haven't u heard of oxymoron

Are they in Nigeria?
Re: 4 Smartphone Brands In Nigeria You Have Never Heard Of by Nobody: 6:24am On Oct 15, 2015
Cc:lalasticlala
Re: 4 Smartphone Brands In Nigeria You Have Never Heard Of by Osyxcel(m): 7:34am On Oct 15, 2015
Mrkelv:
In my heart , I have always considered Nigeria to be the biggest mobile market in the world.

Although analysts say China has the biggest mobile market , Its hard to fathom why Nigeria is not number one. If you have ever been to computer village (Ikeja) , you will understand what i'm trying to say. That place is a beehive of activities with all sorts of smartphones. The dirty-cheap and the expensive ; all in one place.

China's population is x9 that of Nigeria, India x8, USA x2 and they are all more technologically inclined than Nigeria, so why should it be hard to "phantom why Nigeria is not number one"? tongue
Re: 4 Smartphone Brands In Nigeria You Have Never Heard Of by Nobody: 7:48am On Oct 15, 2015
We
Osyxcel:

China's population is x9 that of Nigeria, India x8, USA x2 and they are all more technologically inclined than Nigeria, so why should it be hard to "phantom why Nigeria is not number one"? tongue

You're right. But Nigerians are Heavy users of Mobile.
Re: 4 Smartphone Brands In Nigeria You Have Never Heard Of by Youngnarrowlee: 7:20pm On Aug 17, 2019
Malata S501 part is available. Call 08162787414 or whatsapp me cool

(1) (Reply)

You've Been Charging Your Phone The Wrong Way / How To Network Unlock MTN S730/s720i Phones And Other Android Phones / Is Honor 8x Worth It At 60k?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.