Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:37 AM

Why Do Christians Oppose The Devil Without Hearing His Side Of The Story? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Christians Oppose The Devil Without Hearing His Side Of The Story? (3838 Views)

Do Christians Need To Confess Their Sins? See Why / Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? / Hearing His Voice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Christians Oppose The Devil Without Hearing His Side Of The Story? by Nobody: 5:38pm On May 30, 2015
I was just thinking to myself. Every story has two sides, right ? We've heard God's side from the bible. But how many of you have actually tried to find out what happened according to the devil ? I mean, it's really not fair to the Devil if we just condemn him based on only Gods testimony. Afterall, if i am in a fight with someone and a mediator comes to settle the case, i'd alway want to put myself in the right.

N/B: I'm in no way supporting the worship of satan...just wondering if any of you have ever given it a thought.

lemme invite some people who appear to be knowledgeable when it comes to religion: an2select2 malvisguy212 emusmith Hiswordxray MizJanet Kay1one2 MrPresident1 , lemme also invite johnydon22 to observe with me.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Christians Oppose The Devil Without Hearing His Side Of The Story? by An2elect2(f): 5:46pm On May 30, 2015
I hate Him angry I don't care what he has to say.

When God found evil in Him and threw him out, it wasn't a single story, it was the whole story of Lucidoomed.
Re: Why Do Christians Oppose The Devil Without Hearing His Side Of The Story? by StealthyMe(m): 5:49pm On May 30, 2015
You want to hear the truth and you ask for it from a chronic liar?

Wrong move bro... undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Oppose The Devil Without Hearing His Side Of The Story? by Nobody: 5:52pm On May 30, 2015
To d guy above me calling the Devil a chronic liar, isn't it from the bible which is God's testimony that you got that ?

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Christians Oppose The Devil Without Hearing His Side Of The Story? by malvisguy212: 5:54pm On May 30, 2015
cupid1:
I was just thinking to myself. Every story has two sides, right ? We've heard God's side from the bible. But how many of you have actually tried to find out what happened according to the devil ? I mean, it's really not fair to the Devil if we just condemn him based on only Gods testimony. Afterall, if i am in a fight with someone and a mediator comes to settle the case, i'd alway want to put myself in the right.

N/B: I'm in no way supporting the worship of satan...just wondering if any of you have ever given it a thought.

lemme invite some people who appear to be knowledgeable when it comes to religion: an2select2 malvisguy212 emusmith Hiswordxray MizJanet Kay1one2 MrPresident1 , lemme also invite johnydon22 to observe with me.
I will be really glad if you can provide the devil claimed. meanwhile;

Ezekiel 28:12-15 describes
Satan as an exceedingly beautiful angel;

Ezekiel 28:12–15
12 “Son of man, araise a lamentation
over the king of Tyre, and say to him,
Thus says the Lord God:
“You were the signet of perfection,1
full of wisdom and perfect in beauty.
13 You were in Eden, the garden of
God;
fevery precious stone was your covering,
sardius, topaz, and diamond,
beryl, onyx, and jasper,
sapphire,2 emerald, and carbuncle;
and crafted in gold were your settings
and your engravings.3
On the day that you were created
they were prepared.
14 You were an anointed guardian
cherub.
I placed you;4 you were on the holy
mountain of God;
in the midst of the stones of fire you
walked.
15 You were blameless in your ways
from the day you were created,
till unrighteousness was found in you.

HOW IS UNRIGHEOUSNESS FOUND IN SATAN?
He desired to be God, not to be a servant of God. Notice the many “I will...” statements in Isaiah 14:12-15.

Isaiah 14:12–15
12 “How you are fallen from heaven,
O Day Star, son of Dawn!
How you are cut down to the ground,
you who laid the nations low!
13 You said in your heart,
I will ascend to heaven;
above the stars of God
I will set my throne on high;
I will sit on the mount of assembly
in the far reaches of the north;
14 I will ascend above the heights of the
clouds;
I will make myself like the Most High.’
15 But you are brought down to Sheol,
to the far reaches of the pit.

So you see, God give satan equal right and even create him far more handsome and stronger than all the angels, because of this he desire to be God and don't want to play by His(God) ruled.
Re: Why Do Christians Oppose The Devil Without Hearing His Side Of The Story? by Nobody: 5:55pm On May 30, 2015
An2elect2:

When God found evil in Him and threw him out, it wasn't a single story, it was the whole story of Lucidoomed.
but you got all these stories from God's testimony which is still one side of the story :x

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Christians Oppose The Devil Without Hearing His Side Of The Story? by Nobody: 5:56pm On May 30, 2015
Everybody deserves a second chance, even the devil himself.
Re: Why Do Christians Oppose The Devil Without Hearing His Side Of The Story? by Nobody: 5:59pm On May 30, 2015
malvisguy212:
I will be really glad if you can provide the devil claimed. meanwhile;

Ezekiel 28:12-15 describes
Satan as an exceedingly beautiful angel;

Ezekiel 28:12–15
12 “Son of man, araise a lamentation
over the king of Tyre, and say to him,
Thus says the Lord God:
“You were the signet of perfection,1
full of wisdom and perfect in beauty.
13 You were in Eden, the garden of
God;
fevery precious stone was your covering,
sardius, topaz, and diamond,
beryl, onyx, and jasper,
sapphire,2 emerald, and carbuncle;
and crafted in gold were your settings
and your engravings.3
On the day that you were created
they were prepared.
14 You were an anointed guardian
cherub.
I placed you;4 you were on the holy
mountain of God;
in the midst of the stones of fire you
walked.
15 You were blameless in your ways
from the day you were created,
till unrighteousness was found in you.

HOW IS UNRIGHEOUSNESS FOUND IN SATAN?
He desired to be God, not to be a servant of God. Notice the many “I will...” statements in Isaiah 14:12-15.

Isaiah 14:12–15
12 “How you are fallen from heaven,
O Day Star, son of Dawn!
How you are cut down to the ground,
you who laid the nations low!
13 You said in your heart,
I will ascend to heaven;
above the stars of God
I will set my throne on high;
I will sit on the mount of assembly
in the far reaches of the north;
14 I will ascend above the heights of the
clouds;
I will make myself like the Most High.’
15 But you are brought down to Sheol,
to the far reaches of the pit.

So you see, God give satan equal right and even create him far more handsome and stronger than all the angels, because of this he desire to be God and don't want to play by His(God) ruled.
my brother, sorry to say this but...we're back to where we started. All the quotations you provided are from the bible which is still God's side of the story.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Christians Oppose The Devil Without Hearing His Side Of The Story? by honeric01(m): 5:59pm On May 30, 2015
Hmmm valid point but do you even know if the devil exist?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Oppose The Devil Without Hearing His Side Of The Story? by Nobody: 6:01pm On May 30, 2015
Tydies:
Everybody deserves a second chance, even the devil himself.
so true, and another problem is that no one has bothered to see the matter from the Devil's point of view
Re: Why Do Christians Oppose The Devil Without Hearing His Side Of The Story? by Nobody: 6:05pm On May 30, 2015
honeric01:
i've also thought of that, but in this case we're assuming he does

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Christians Oppose The Devil Without Hearing His Side Of The Story? by Nobody: 6:11pm On May 30, 2015
cupid1:
Well logically. No one asked for God's side of the story and no one is also stopping the devil from airing his side of the story.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Christians Oppose The Devil Without Hearing His Side Of The Story? by kay1one2(m): 6:13pm On May 30, 2015
There are two main ideologies in the world... Light/good/selflessness and darkness/evil/selfishness.
The devil embodies the later.
God represents Love and kindness. Satan selfishness and evil. Its really about what ideology one believes in.
As the Bible says; "I have set before you life and death. Choose life! (sic).
Now let me go and celebrate Walcott's fa cup goal! grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Oppose The Devil Without Hearing His Side Of The Story? by GoodMuyis(m): 6:18pm On May 30, 2015
cupid1:
my brother, sorry to say this but...we're back to where we started. All the quotations you provided are from the bible which is still God's side of the story.

We cant be judge btw God and satan, but if we are to allow him chance, then he should come out and defend himself.
But for you to now he is truly evil he cant show up, those who claim to have meet with him were all servant of evil, the witches, wizard, the occultist.

so i go with the below:
StealthyMe:
Re: Why Do Christians Oppose The Devil Without Hearing His Side Of The Story? by plaetton: 6:20pm On May 30, 2015
An2elect2:

Lolol.
But YOU have quoted in another thread that god himself creates evil.

God creates evil, but He dislikes it, or the devils evil is different from the one that god created?

Pls help us out here, and pls think first before you post.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Christians Oppose The Devil Without Hearing His Side Of The Story? by plaetton: 6:26pm On May 30, 2015
StealthyMe:

From whence did you deduce that he is chronic liar? Still from the one side of the story.

Its like saying that you should not have the chance to defend yourself in court simply because the accuser is calling you liar.
That doesn't seem fair.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Christians Oppose The Devil Without Hearing His Side Of The Story? by johnydon22(m): 6:30pm On May 30, 2015
Lolzzz.. Nice curious question cupid1. . let me observe with you too.

But the story of Yahweh and satan just like any other comic stories dont always tell us what made the antagonist do what he does.

Like every other Comic story the writer don't always tell the story from the Villain's perspective or the protagonist would have to look like the antagonist this time.

Same goes to the quranic version of the story, it didnt still tell the satan side of the story...Lol...

Anyway maybe SonOfLucifer can since it is his father's side of the story we want to hear now. . .

While we just grab our pop corns and watch . . smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Oppose The Devil Without Hearing His Side Of The Story? by johnydon22(m): 6:39pm On May 30, 2015
Ichiato:

Well logically. No one asked for God's side of the story and no one is also stopping the devil from airing his side of the story.

Lol...i agree with this, no body is stopping him from telling his own side of the story ooo my brother ...hahahaha smiley. . . . . But if it eventually does would you believe it? wink
Re: Why Do Christians Oppose The Devil Without Hearing His Side Of The Story? by Nobody: 6:40pm On May 30, 2015
johnydon22:
[b]Lolzzz.. Nice curious question cupid1. . let me observe with you too.

But the story of Yahweh and satan just like any other comic stories dont always tell us what made the antagonist do what he does.

Like every other Comic story the writer don't always tell the story from the Villain's perspective or the protagonist would have to look like the antagonist this time.

Same goes to the quranic version of the story, it didnt still tell the satan side of the story...Lol...

Anyway maybe SonOfLucifer can since it is his father's side of the story we want to hear now. . .

While we just grab our pop corns and watch . . smiley
it's you and i with the pop corn all the way bro. Thats the reason i chose you as my observer cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Oppose The Devil Without Hearing His Side Of The Story? by johnydon22(m): 6:43pm On May 30, 2015
honeric01:

Yeah you don't need to believe Spiderman exists before discussing him or the story. . do you?wink

Well there are all colourful stories so we can have a lot of fun discussing it. smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Oppose The Devil Without Hearing His Side Of The Story? by honeric01(m): 7:00pm On May 30, 2015
johnydon22:

Yeah you don't need to believe Spiderman exists before discussing him or the story. . do you?wink
Well there are all colourful stories so we can have a lot of fun discussing it. smiley

Should we then say the story of God and devil is a fairytale just like Spiderman?

Every sane person knows spiderman story is a made-to-believe story. is God and devil story same?
Re: Why Do Christians Oppose The Devil Without Hearing His Side Of The Story? by StealthyMe(m): 7:01pm On May 30, 2015
plaetton:

From whence did you deduce that he is chronic liar? Still from the one side of the story.

Its like saying that you should not have the chance to defend yourself in court simply because the accuser is calling you liar.
That doesn't seem fair.

Alright bro smiley
When you get his side of the story,kindly share with us smiley
It'll make for an interesting read...
Re: Why Do Christians Oppose The Devil Without Hearing His Side Of The Story? by honeric01(m): 7:03pm On May 30, 2015
johnydon22:

Lol...i agree with this, no body is stopping him from telling his own side of the story ooo my brother ...hahahaha smiley. . . . . But if it eventually does would you believe it? wink

There are books "telling" the story of the devil online. google them.

I hope you know some people worship this so called devil?
Re: Why Do Christians Oppose The Devil Without Hearing His Side Of The Story? by johnydon22(m): 7:05pm On May 30, 2015
honeric01:

Should we then say the story of God and devil is a fairytale just like Spiderman?

Every sane person knows spiderman story is a made-to-believe story. is God and devil story same?

So actually you didn't get the drift?. . .

If the story of spiderman was in the bible, am sure you would have believed it. . . If you can recognize the criteria by which you deducted spiderman story to be fairy tale, then employ it in the yahweh and satan story in the bible, zeus and hades, allah and satan and other ancient mythologies and lets see how very different they are. smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Oppose The Devil Without Hearing His Side Of The Story? by honeric01(m): 7:06pm On May 30, 2015
cupid1:

I think the da vinci code book shed a bit of light into the "devil" story.
Re: Why Do Christians Oppose The Devil Without Hearing His Side Of The Story? by johnydon22(m): 7:09pm On May 30, 2015
honeric01:

There are books "telling" the story of the devil online. google them.

I hope you know some people worship this so called devil?

Ooh i know far too well people worship this devil. . people will worship anything ranging from stones to mythical entities (abstract ideas) found in the pages of books like god(s)/devil(s)... . So its quite understandable.

For the books online,.Uuhm i'd actually prefer books arranged in verses and chapters like the quran or bible. . wink
Re: Why Do Christians Oppose The Devil Without Hearing His Side Of The Story? by johnydon22(m): 7:10pm On May 30, 2015
honeric01:

I think the da vinci code book shed a bit of light into the "devil" story.

And the da vinci code book was not even written by Da Vinci so its forgery and da vinci was a christian not satanist.
therefore the da vinci code fails to pass the criteria needed to for it to be taken serious.
Re: Why Do Christians Oppose The Devil Without Hearing His Side Of The Story? by honeric01(m): 7:11pm On May 30, 2015
johnydon22:

So actually you didn't get the drift?. . .

If the story of spiderman was in the bible, am sure you would have believed it. . . If you can recognize the criteria by which you deducted spiderman story to be fairy tale, then employ it in the yahweh and satan story in the bible, zeus and hades, allah and satan and other ancient mythologies and lets see how very different they are. smiley

How did you come to the conclusion that i believe everything in the bible or that i follow everything in the bible intoto?
Re: Why Do Christians Oppose The Devil Without Hearing His Side Of The Story? by honeric01(m): 7:13pm On May 30, 2015
johnydon22:

And the da vinci code book was not even written by Da Vinci so its forgery and da vinci was a christian not satanist.
therefore the da vinci code fails to pass the criteria needed to for it to be taken serious.

Hehe..and those who wrote the scrolls that were compiled together were Christians? he he heh e
Re: Why Do Christians Oppose The Devil Without Hearing His Side Of The Story? by Naital(m): 7:14pm On May 30, 2015
cupid1:

A sheer waste of time.

Of God or the Devil...their existence or nonexistence is irrelevant.

It is impossible to prove that what does not exist does not exist. That's just the way things are.

I'd rather spend my time on more productive matters.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Oppose The Devil Without Hearing His Side Of The Story? by honeric01(m): 7:15pm On May 30, 2015
johnydon22:

Ooh i know far too well people worship this devil. . people will worship anything ranging from stones to mythical entities (abstract ideas) found in the pages of books like god(s)/devil(s)... . So its quite understandable.

For the books online,.Uuhm i'd actually prefer books arranged in verses and chapters like the quran or bible. . wink

There are books similar to the bible in organization.. search..
Re: Why Do Christians Oppose The Devil Without Hearing His Side Of The Story? by johnydon22(m): 7:15pm On May 30, 2015
honeric01:

How did you come to the conclusion that i believed everything in the bible or that i follow everything in the bible intoto?

Its not a conclusion, its an imaginative assumption. . . I might be wrong.. But i am wondering if you are a christian and dont believe the stories in the bible in toto then it leaves us wondering if you think some part of the word of god aint worth believing.. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Judas Iscariot: Betrayer Or Enabler? / What Is Halloween? / Boko - Haram Attacked Scoan Guest House - TB Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.