Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:40 AM

Do Christians Need To Confess Their Sins? See Why - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Christians Need To Confess Their Sins? See Why (13377 Views)

Stephanie Otobo: "I Was Not Paid To Confess, I Will Name My Sponsors In Court" / "Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective / The Story Of Jesus: A Plagiarized Lie Christians Need To Stop Believing. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Christians Need To Confess Their Sins? See Why by geraldgiz(m): 8:18am On Jun 19, 2016
Do we need to confess our sins as believers?
Should we be sin-conscious? Yes and yes.
False-grace teachers would say that it’s not
necessary to confess sins because there is no sin
in us. God’s grace has eradicated it. Folks, let me
be very, very clear: that is a heretical teaching
that absolutely puts people at risk of hell.
— 1 John 1:8-9—”If we say that we have no sin,
we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to
forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all
unrighteousness”
It’s not only critical, but it’s wonderful to live in a
state of continual repentance! God’s love for us
is so amazing, that running away from sin and to
Him is awe inspiring! As we daily allow God to
search our hearts and reveal issues that are
barriers to his love fully impacting us, the
freedom and resulting life is amazing!
I often hear people say that Christians shouldn’t
be sin-conscious. Not only is that not biblical, it
does us a disservice. Ignoring sin doesn’t disarm
it; it empowers it! Allow God to reveal the
darkness and set us free!
— 2 Corinthians 7:1—Since we have these
promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from
all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting
holiness in the fear of God
We must remain diligent regarding sin. As we
grow in grace and knowledge we will have the
strength to remain stable.
— 2 Peter 3:14—”Therefore, beloved, since you are
waiting for these things, be diligent that you may
be found by Him in peace, spotless and
blameless”
— 2 Peter 3:17-18—”You therefore, beloved, since
you know these things beforehand, beware lest
you also fall from your own firm footing, being
led away by the deception of the wicked. But
grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and
Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be glory, both now
and forever. Amen”
~ From an article by preacher John Burton

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Their Sins? See Why by Nobody: 8:31am On Jun 19, 2016
Bros, after stealing my goat, you got convicted.. don't just tell Jesus sorry na, return my meat so I'll see your face. grin

Happy Sunday there.

3 Likes

Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Their Sins? See Why by CAPSLOCKED: 11:41am On Jun 19, 2016
undecided
Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Their Sins? See Why by NwaNimo1(m): 4:56pm On Jun 19, 2016
Confess to a fellow sinner? I don't think so!

3 Likes

Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Their Sins? See Why by tahir01(m): 4:56pm On Jun 19, 2016
ok
Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Their Sins? See Why by AnodaIT(m): 4:56pm On Jun 19, 2016
I dont believe in good and bad, I believe only in right and wrong and the right thing is to do God's will at all times.

I can die for God, I can kill for God. I'm not a holy man, I'm a righteous man. King David is my mentor - ITy, 2010

1 Like

Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Their Sins? See Why by nnemmpi(m): 4:57pm On Jun 19, 2016
heee hee

2 Likes

Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Their Sins? See Why by milky3(f): 4:57pm On Jun 19, 2016
remember not my sins dear Lord
Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Their Sins? See Why by Kemicares(f): 5:01pm On Jun 19, 2016
Yea right...

1 Like

Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Their Sins? See Why by Aviero: 5:02pm On Jun 19, 2016
I'm tired already.

I want a list of all the sins, so I'll know where to start from.

Is reproducing (photocopying) a text book without the author's consent not a bad thing to do? That makes it a sin, right?

This religious life is just somehow.

No matter how hard we try, as regards sin, failure is certain.

5 Likes

Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Their Sins? See Why by Life4Varnity: 5:06pm On Jun 19, 2016
who do we confess to pls ?

and how do we make this confession ?

i thought we are meant to confess our sin to God while praying

1 Like

Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Their Sins? See Why by baybeeboi: 5:07pm On Jun 19, 2016
Yes, confession is necessary

my problem is how we are made to believe our sins should go to God through a fellow man, another sinner when God himself has said our very own fate can move mountains.

why do i have to confess to man when my own faith can summon the presence of God?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Their Sins? See Why by Nuezha(m): 5:08pm On Jun 19, 2016
Docjay487:
Bros, after stealing my goat, you got convicted.. don't just tell Jesus sorry na, return my meat so I'll see your face. grin

Happy Sunday there.

That's restitution. You can only do that if you've been convicted of your wrong by your own conscience.
Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Their Sins? See Why by stano2(m): 5:09pm On Jun 19, 2016
let Jah be praised
Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Their Sins? See Why by cirmuell(m): 5:11pm On Jun 19, 2016
nnemmpi:
heee hee
Damn! what dafuq is that? shocked
Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Their Sins? See Why by allanphash7(m): 5:11pm On Jun 19, 2016
How do you weigh sin ?
Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Their Sins? See Why by cirmuell(m): 5:15pm On Jun 19, 2016
Aviero:
I'm tired already.

I want a list of all the sins, so I'll know where to start from.

Is reproducing (photocopying) a text book without the author's consent not a bad thing to do? That makes it a sin, right?

This religious life is just somehow.

No matter how hard we try, as regards sin, failure is certain.
Staying in the path of God in this age is not an easy task at all. Even the so called MOG stray sometimes, all we need is grace.

2 Likes

Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Their Sins? See Why by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jun 19, 2016
If I should confess all my sins to everyone I offended even those I don't know where they live anymore, I will spend the rest of my life looking for these people. It's baseless I think you confess to God and forget the rest.
Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Their Sins? See Why by Pyno30: 5:17pm On Jun 19, 2016
I never pray without confessing my sins to God.

2 Likes

Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Their Sins? See Why by Aviero: 5:19pm On Jun 19, 2016
cirmuell:
Staying in the path of God in this age is not an easy task at all. Even the so called MOG stray sometimes, all we need is grace.
Exactly. I pray for Grace everyday.

Most times, the things we even do unconsciously are sins, and they're things that we just can't help.

1 Like

Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Their Sins? See Why by Exponental(m): 5:20pm On Jun 19, 2016
Sin.......Grace...... Forgiveness!
Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Their Sins? See Why by Life4Varnity: 5:20pm On Jun 19, 2016
AnodaIT:
I dont believe in good and bad, I believe only in right and wrong and the right thing is to do God's will at all times.

I can die for God, I can kill for God. I'm not a holy man, I'm a righteous man. King David is my mentor - ITy, 2010

hold on. why killing for God ?

what kinda killing you talking about ?

but do you know that you cant fight for God ? God fight for himself i think.

your comment making me think another thing like BK.. i no talk say u b boko o but, i beg explain further bro maybe am not getting you right .

expalanation pls

3 Likes

Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Their Sins? See Why by OLUJOSHINS(m): 5:22pm On Jun 19, 2016
Yes.
Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Their Sins? See Why by chikel2000(m): 5:30pm On Jun 19, 2016
Ist n foremost confession of sins is not just for Christians but for all. Two, as children of God, we don't need to confess sins n go back to them, we r made to confess n forsake them completely.
Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Their Sins? See Why by histemple: 5:31pm On Jun 19, 2016
Life4Varnity:

hold on. why killing for God ?

what kinda killing you talking about ?

but do you know that you cant fight for God ? God fight for himself i think.

your comment making me think another thing like BK.. i no talk say u b boko o but, i beg explain further bro maybe am not getting you right .

expalanation pls

David killed for God and he was (is) the man after God's heart.
Remember that we were told to be violent so that we can take the kingdom of God which has been suffering violence by force. Matt.11:12

There are so many bible accounts where God told some tribes to take up arms and kill others and posses their lands.
Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Their Sins? See Why by mccoy47(m): 5:49pm On Jun 19, 2016
Confess my sins to a man
Who is probably a fáģgot? angry
Nah if God won't hear my confessions directly then he should leave it! I'll pass
Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Their Sins? See Why by mccoy47(m): 5:51pm On Jun 19, 2016
Pyno30:
I never pray without confessing my sins to God.

Only!
Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Their Sins? See Why by whitestar01(m): 5:58pm On Jun 19, 2016
baybeeboi:
Yes, confession is necessary

my problem is how we are made to believe our sins should go to God through a fellow man, another sinner when God himself has said our very own fate can move mountains.

why do i have to confess to man when my own faith can summon the presence of God?
U can only confess to God alone, no one else should no about it except GOD . Forget about those who confess to their priest, their problem is igoRANCe
Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Their Sins? See Why by geraldgiz(m): 5:58pm On Jun 19, 2016
I finally made fp

1 Like

Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Their Sins? See Why by Aremu01(m): 6:04pm On Jun 19, 2016
Let he thar thinks he stand take heed...
Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Their Sins? See Why by nortcentrallord(m): 6:19pm On Jun 19, 2016
Some claim that confessing to a fellow man shouldn't be but we forget so easily the injection of Christ on the apostles that what ever you bound on earth is bound in heaven and whatever you loose on earth is loosed in heaven...

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Exclusive: Meet Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Look Alike & They Have The Same Initial / Kids Raised Going To Church Are Happier Adults, Study Finds / What Is Yuletide, And What Does It Have To Do With Christmas?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.