Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,767 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

My Support For PMB: Beyond Partisanship And Politics! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Support For PMB: Beyond Partisanship And Politics! (13210 Views)

Aisha’s BBC Interview – She Got It All Wrong, My Respect For PMB Just Soars / DG SSS Partisanship: A Response To Alhaji Lai Mohammed's Request / World Leaders Line Up Offers Of Presidential State Visits For PMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Support For PMB: Beyond Partisanship And Politics! by Nobody: 8:12pm On May 30, 2015
The deal is done. Muhammadu Buhari is Nigeria's new president. He's the President. There's nothing ANYONE can do about it. Power comes only from God. Barring any unforeseen negative circumstances, which no sensible and patriotic Nigerian prays for, PMB shall be our president for the next four years!

My interest in politics and governance was quickened by my desire to see Nigerians enjoy basic amenities that citizens of other nations enjoy. My prime purpose for my involvement in the matters of government has been the welfare and happiness of the Nigerian masses.

I started that journey back in 2010 by openly criticising the PDP. The Arab Spring, which started late December, 2010, played no small role in fuelling my interest in politics- at least on social media. I attacked the PDP for not providing meaningful development after being in power for more than a decade. Any serious party can achieve tangible results in that period!

My later support for the PDP was occasioned by the merger of the APC and the unprincipled cross carpeting that occurred later on. I've been a vocal PDP critic all through the years.

It's my utmost desire to see Nigeria experience steady power. It's my deepest desire to see our recurrent expenditure drastically reduced. It's been my desire to see the salaries of our lazy lawmakers hewn down to reflect the economic realities of the day. It's being my deepest yearnings to see unemployment and corruption tackled to the barest minimum. The PDP's inability to meet these desires was my CHIEF reason for opposing it and everything it represented.

Though some of us are not happy with PMB at Aso Rock; I think it's time we support his government. If PMB can successfully tackle the issues the PDP failed to, I think it behoves on me and other sensible Nigerians to support him. That's what loyalty and patriotism are all about.

We must desist from the unpatriotic act of subtly wishing him to fail in order to confirm our apprehension. Even GEJ will be shocked at that! He won't support such an idea. PMB fails, we fail. He succeeds, we succeed.

There's a limit to partisanship and politics. It's time to show our commitment to his success. It's my deepest desire to see him succeed. It's time tto rise above party affiliation and demonstrate patriotism.

I'm still with the opposition, but my loyalty to Nigeria supercedes my loyalty to the PDP. If anyone assumes my hitherto hard stance on PMB as being unpatriotic, that person must have mistaken my person and values.

In conclusion, this message doesn't in any way remove criticism. PMB will be criticised. He may even be abused. That's a price he must pay for occupying that lofty office.

God bless the Ijaw nation!

God bless the Niger Delta.

God bless Nigeria!

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Support For PMB: Beyond Partisanship And Politics! by Firefire(m): 8:18pm On May 30, 2015
@ dearpreye, welcome to politics without continue bitterness.

Life is a song - sing it.

Life is a game - play it.

Life is a challenge - meet it.

Life is a dream - realize it.

Life is a sacrifice - offer it.

Life is love - enjoy it.

- Sai Baba

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Support For PMB: Beyond Partisanship And Politics! by jaybee3(m): 8:18pm On May 30, 2015
Absolutely nothing wrong with constructive criticism as at when necessary

Fact is every sane Nigerian want and deserve better so we should collectively hold our leaders accountable

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Support For PMB: Beyond Partisanship And Politics! by Firefire(m): 8:19pm On May 30, 2015
jaybee3:
Absolutely nothing wrong with constructive criticism as at when necessary

Fact is every sane Nigerian want and deserve better so we should collectively hold our leaders accountable

Accountability at all levels, beginning from Local Government to state and to Federal.

3 Likes

Re: My Support For PMB: Beyond Partisanship And Politics! by SeverusSnape(m): 8:21pm On May 30, 2015
Yes, We hope the dullard out performs Jonathan.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Support For PMB: Beyond Partisanship And Politics! by Nobody: 8:22pm On May 30, 2015
Welcome to the fellowship bro.
May our dreams about this administration come true.

5 Likes

Re: My Support For PMB: Beyond Partisanship And Politics! by Mynd44: 8:22pm On May 30, 2015
On one hand you want succession and on the other, you want PMB to succeed which means one Nigeria.

Which Kin political confusion be this one na?

14 Likes

Re: My Support For PMB: Beyond Partisanship And Politics! by Truckpusher(m): 8:24pm On May 30, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Expecting so much from the olodo General is a suicide mission itself.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Support For PMB: Beyond Partisanship And Politics! by Duru1(m): 8:25pm On May 30, 2015
How could any reasonable person wish success to Nigeria?

4 Likes

Re: My Support For PMB: Beyond Partisanship And Politics! by vedd: 8:26pm On May 30, 2015
Other TANoids would rather continue with their campaign and show of idiocy in the guise of "vibrant opposition".

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Support For PMB: Beyond Partisanship And Politics! by CSTR2: 8:28pm On May 30, 2015
Duru1:
How could any reasonable person wish success to Nigeria?
haha
Re: My Support For PMB: Beyond Partisanship And Politics! by atlwireles: 8:28pm On May 30, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin It did not take you long to play your hand. Remember you fooled no one, one less impostor on the forum crying SS or Niger delta.

3 Likes

Re: My Support For PMB: Beyond Partisanship And Politics! by SeverusSnape(m): 8:29pm On May 30, 2015
Truckpusher:
You're right. Maybe I should jettison the idea of thinking the brainless one will out perform My Hero.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Support For PMB: Beyond Partisanship And Politics! by vedd: 8:30pm On May 30, 2015
Truckpusher:
Agreed! It is suicidal for you to have high expectations. That is why you blindly supported Jonathan (a total failure) because your life depends on his inadequacies.

27 Likes

Re: My Support For PMB: Beyond Partisanship And Politics! by Clerverly: 8:31pm On May 30, 2015
Address the letter to the hateful and enemies of Nigeria like, Whynotthetruth, barcanista, Mogidi, SeverusSnape, anonimi, Duru1, Babyosisi, and Several of you Biafra/Lower secessionist members!

Besides, you are just a flip flopping online noisemaker. How many times are you going to repeat this your write, and each time, you go back to your hateful vibe?? Abeg shift!

10 Likes

Re: My Support For PMB: Beyond Partisanship And Politics! by lolababe331e: 8:32pm On May 30, 2015
vedd:

Agreed! It is suicidal for you to have high expectations. That is why you blindly supported Jonathan (a total failure) because your life depends on his inadequacies.

Yeah they preferred to pitch their tent with the drunk who was certified as incompetent . Don't mind the sore losers grin

14 Likes

Re: My Support For PMB: Beyond Partisanship And Politics! by OkutaNla: 8:32pm On May 30, 2015
dearpreye:
The deal is done. Muhammadu Buhari is Nigeria's new president. He's the President. There's nothing ANYONE can do about it. Power comes only from God. Barring any unforeseen negative circumstances, which no sensible and patriotic Nigerian prays for, PMB shall be our president for the next four years!

My interest in politics and governance was quickened by my desire to see Nigerians enjoy basic amenities that citizens of other nations enjoy. My prime purpose for my involvement in the matters of government has been the welfare and happiness of the Nigerian masses.

I started that journey back in 2010 by openly criticising the PDP. The Arab Spring, which started late December, 2010, played no small role in fuelling my interest in politics- at least on social media. I attacked the PDP for not providing meaningful development after being in power for more than a decade. Any serious party can achieve tangible results in that period!

My later support for the PDP was occasioned by the merger of the APC and the unprincipled cross carpeting that occurred later on. I've been a vocal PDP critic all through the years.

It's my utmost desire to see Nigeria experience steady power. It's my deepest desire to see our recurrent expenditure drastically reduced. It's been my desire to see the salaries of our lazy lawmakers hewn down to reflect the economic realities of the day. It's being my deepest yearnings to see unemployment and corruption tackled to the barest minimum. The PDP's inability to meet these desires was my CHIEF reason for opposing it and everything it represented.

Though some of us are not happy with PMB at Aso Rock; I think it's time we support his government. If PMB can successfully tackle the issues the PDP failed to, I think it behoves on me and other sensible Nigerians to support him. That's what loyalty and patriotism are all about.

We must desist from the unpatriotic act of subtly wishing him to fail in order to confirm our apprehension. Even GEJ will be shocked at that! He won't support such an idea. PMB fails, we fail. He succeeds, we succeed.

There's a limit to partisanship and politics. It's time to show our commitment to his success. It's my deepest desire to see him succeed. It's time tto rise above party affiliation and demonstrate patriotism.

I'm still with the opposition, but my loyalty to Nigeria supercedes my loyalty to the PDP. If anyone assumes my hitherto hard stance on PMB as being unpatriotic, that person must have mistaken my person and values.

In conclusion, this message doesn't in any way remove criticism. PMB will be criticised. He may even be abused. That's a price he must pay for occupying that lofty office.

God bless the Ijaw nation!

God bless the Niger Delta.

God bless Nigeria!

Respect! Very mature of you.

5 Likes

Re: My Support For PMB: Beyond Partisanship And Politics! by Ezenwammadu(m): 8:34pm On May 30, 2015
SeverusSnape:
How can the ancient brainless one surrounded by theives outperform GEJ

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Support For PMB: Beyond Partisanship And Politics! by SeverusSnape(m): 8:35pm On May 30, 2015
Clerverly:
Address the letter to the hateful and enemies of Nigeria like, Whynotthetruth, barcanista, Mogidi, SeverusSnape, anonimi, Duru1, Babyosisi, and Several of you Biafra/Lower secessionist members!

Besides, you are just a flip flopping online noisemaker. How many times are you going to repeat this your write, and each time, you go back to your hateful vibe?? Abeg shift!
See this Igbo impostor. Igbo wannabe..
Didn't you see my post?... I hope the dullard will do well. grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Support For PMB: Beyond Partisanship And Politics! by Truckpusher(m): 8:35pm On May 30, 2015
vedd:

I would rather run with another Jonathan than your brainless babaonechance who couldn't figure out the acronym INEC.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Support For PMB: Beyond Partisanship And Politics! by omenka(m): 8:36pm On May 30, 2015
Firefire:
@ dearpreye, welcome to politics without continue bitterness.

Life is a song - sing it.

Life is a game - play it.

Life is a challenge - meet it.

Life is a dream - realize it.

Life is a sacrifice - offer it.

Life is love - enjoy it.

- Sai Baba
Stop trying to make yourself appear like the op. You guys are worlds apart. Much of what he said were true of him but you are a two faced hypocrite. Just earlier, on a thread about a head of state's visit to Rufai, you typed "when would the Iranian or Iraqi presidents visit Borno state governor" confirming your thinly veiled religious bigotry. People of your mindset are some of the biggest problems afflicting this country. You scuff at people's culture and religion and draw a lot of comfort and satisfaction from their misery. Makes me wonder what part of the element of humanity you got missing in your souls.

@dearpreye:
God bless you for these lines. It really buggles the mind why anyone would wish their president fails. I just don't get it.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Support For PMB: Beyond Partisanship And Politics! by Firefire(m): 8:36pm On May 30, 2015
Truckpusher:

Please join our prayers for him to succeed, we expect him to cage the criminal and career politicians, some who are even richer than their state.

Let join hands to build our country.

In togetherness we can rebuild our nation. cool

5 Likes

Re: My Support For PMB: Beyond Partisanship And Politics! by SeverusSnape(m): 8:37pm On May 30, 2015
Ezenwammadu:
How can the ancient brainless one surrounded by theives outperform GEJ
Hehehehehehehehehehe...Come on man!... Don't you know Tinubu is a transparent Nigerian?... He's an agent of change, Obasanjo too grin
These men will help him change Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Support For PMB: Beyond Partisanship And Politics! by Truckpusher(m): 8:37pm On May 30, 2015
Clerverly:

Sharrap, who takes a closet gay that is suffering from gender identity crisis these days serious? undecided

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Support For PMB: Beyond Partisanship And Politics! by Mogidi: 8:38pm On May 30, 2015
Though some of us are not happy with PMB at Aso Rock; I think it's time we support his government.

[size=15pt]PMB will get the same support he gave GEJ[/size]>>>Zero support

Count me out.

18 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Support For PMB: Beyond Partisanship And Politics! by Islanders1: 8:38pm On May 30, 2015
They will soon call the OP Yoruba or betrayal for this post. If Buhari fails, the fools wishing him evil will suffer as well. The man wont sleep in darkness nor queue for fuel, na una go tire.

15 Likes

Re: My Support For PMB: Beyond Partisanship And Politics! by Firefire(m): 8:39pm On May 30, 2015
omenka:
Stop trying to make yourself appear like the op. You guys are worlds apart. Much of what he said were true of him but you are a two faced hypocrite. Just earlier, on a thread about a head of state's visit to Rufai, you typed "when would the Iranian or Iraqi presidents visit Borno state governor" confirming your thinly veiled religious bigotry. People of your mindset are some of the biggest problems afflicting this country. You scuff at people's culture and religion and draw a lot of comfort and satisfaction from their misery. Makes me wonder what part of the element of humanity you got missing in your souls.

@dearpreye: God bless you for these lines. It really buggles the mind why anyone would wish their president fails. I just don't get it.

Yes, we are waiting for the Iranian and Iraqi president to visit Borno Governor to receive commendation for the great support given for the Boko Haram case.

Talking of religious bigotry, I presume you are mistaken.

I am not part of that. sorry.

4 Likes

Re: My Support For PMB: Beyond Partisanship And Politics! by ifeegee(f): 8:39pm On May 30, 2015
I wish others wishing him failure will understand this philosophy too. It goes beyond political affiliation.

If he succeeds today, we all succed,he fails we also fail as well

When the power sector improves ,there will be light in my house, constant water supply, it run will run in my kitchen.

Good roads, I'll drive on them, security,I will sleep with both eyes closed. Quality education, I won't have to pay the cut throat fee I pay at the
moment. Good health care, my heart won't be palpitating each time anyone fails sick in my household.

The benefit of his success is too numerous to count. Let us set our emotions aside and pray for his success , for in the peace of this nation is our own peace too.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Support For PMB: Beyond Partisanship And Politics! by Truckpusher(m): 8:41pm On May 30, 2015
Firefire:

Please join our prayers for him to succeed, we expect him to cage the criminal and career politicians, some who are even richer than their state.

Let join hands to build our country.

In togetherness we can rebuild our nation. cool
Of course we will support the dauradullard till 2019 when these change chanting zombies would have been too gobsmacked to shout 'sai' tongue grin

4 Likes

Re: My Support For PMB: Beyond Partisanship And Politics! by atlwireles: 8:42pm On May 30, 2015
Mogidi:

[size=15pt]PMB will get the same support he gave to GEJ.[/size]>>>Zero support

Count me out.

What we have is one impostor less. Good they are hanging up early. I wish Buhari and his supporters the same things they wished Goodluck and Nigeria. Nothing is more preposterous than a pretentious SOB. Mogidi, no shaking, we shall see the end of this. angry angry angry angry

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Support For PMB: Beyond Partisanship And Politics! by kazmanbanjoko(m): 8:42pm On May 30, 2015
Sai Baba, you are not el-kenami. Just take your time, we dey your back. Just deal with them small small.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Support For PMB: Beyond Partisanship And Politics! by vedd: 8:42pm On May 30, 2015
atlwireles:
grin grin grin grin grin grin It did not take you long to play your hand. Remember you fooled no one, one less impostor on the forum crying SS or Niger delta.
I'm also from SouthSouth/Niger Delta. Have any problem with that?

As my slave, I command you to call me an imposter!

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

El-Rufai Condemns Attack On Shehu Sani, Suleiman Kunkiyi And NUJ / Oshiomhole Meets Buhari, Dismisses Corruption Allegations / Soludo Has No Regret Over Anti-obi Comments – Aide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.