Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

Buhari Breaks 3 Campaign Promises Less Than 24 Hours After Taking Oath - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Breaks 3 Campaign Promises Less Than 24 Hours After Taking Oath (5665 Views)

Buhari Made Only 3 Campaign Promises The Rest You Heard Was Propaganda – Amaechi / Buhari Breaks Fast With Ooni Ogunwusi And Other Traditional Rulers / Buhari Breaks Campaign Promise - Thebreakingtimes.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Breaks 3 Campaign Promises Less Than 24 Hours After Taking Oath by Btruth: 7:05am On May 31, 2015
Mynd44:
1. He said he will declare it publicly within 100 days. It ain't 100 days yet

2. Has any money being appropriated to the "First lady" or "the wife of the president's office"?

3. Buhari has always said they wont waste time probing people but draw a line from May 29. He only said certain cases will be looked into because of the amount involved.

You guys make this thing too easy for the pro-Buharis
Leave them my friend to be crying. They still have another 1458 days to cry, because Buhari is just entering his second day in the office nii. It's raining here, abeg, let me go back to sleep. smiley
Re: Buhari Breaks 3 Campaign Promises Less Than 24 Hours After Taking Oath by networkrecharg: 7:24am On May 31, 2015
OP IS either a PDP tanoid flu....
Dont let them infect u with senseless propaganda.
lets see how to get involved and be blessed by the current government.....
LAMENTATION OF THE CURRUPT

dulux07:
Too many immatured guys on NL, so what shud we do, we should turn against buhari, when u already want him to fail even b4 he started. Its jst few hours after his inaugurTion and ur already fibding fault. If ur that sensible, you should know that buhari failure is nigerias failure n his success is ours.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Breaks 3 Campaign Promises Less Than 24 Hours After Taking Oath by ogawisdom(m): 7:25am On May 31, 2015
Buhari speaks frm both sides of his mouth and can't b trusted I expect him to break many more. D guy is a scam n apc is a gathering of vultures undecided pathetic ppl
Re: Buhari Breaks 3 Campaign Promises Less Than 24 Hours After Taking Oath by hilary26(m): 7:42am On May 31, 2015
MKO4ever:
You must be drunk, the guy has not even spent 2 days in office, why don't you calm down?

@enboldened. That's the more reason you should be worried. Just the same day of inauguration he starts to change even his campaign promise.

Are you not with brains?

The guy na scam. #BabaOneChance

He should declare his assets publicly then you ll see he was never poor, humble and honest.

He has only been a snake.
Re: Buhari Breaks 3 Campaign Promises Less Than 24 Hours After Taking Oath by hilary26(m): 7:47am On May 31, 2015
networkrecharg:
OP IS either a PDP tanoid flu....
Dont let them infect u with senseless propaganda.
lets see how to get involved and be blessed by the current government.....
LAMENTATION OF THE CURRUPT

You pple should stop all these baseless attacks. Now there is a reason in the post.

The new President has just started to fail in his promises and you keep having patience.

Stop attacking PDP, TANoids. Start being critical in assessing the new govt against there manifesto. That's the way to go to put them in check so they don't derail.
Pls forget sentiments.
Re: Buhari Breaks 3 Campaign Promises Less Than 24 Hours After Taking Oath by DDoubleUps(m): 8:18am On May 31, 2015
In as much as i know that this change is built pn lies and deceit, deep down in my heart and my prayers, i serriously wish that Buhari succeeds and build a nigeria every nigerian will be proud of and not just a nigeria for the rich and highly placed... no well meaning nigerian should wish that the president fails, cause it will affect every nigerian and so the lies of campaign are in the past, but now is reality pmb please do what is required to put the country in a good position and we all will praise you just like we praised gej for saving us nigerians from blood shed... goodluck pmb

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Breaks 3 Campaign Promises Less Than 24 Hours After Taking Oath by networkrecharg: 9:10am On May 31, 2015
Stop promotion qgitations lies and false acxusations.
PMB promised to declear his assets. He has done it. it is public thats why u can discuss it.

GeJ n his sex mate alison reduced petrol pricebtp 87 naira but all perol stations started seling it for 100naira, until buhari entered. its now 87naira for real.

PLEASE ACCEPT THE CHANGE OR GO TO OTUEKE...
ALISON MUST RETURN THE TRILLIONS OF DOLARS SHE STOLE.

hilary26:

You pple should stop all these baseless attacks. Now there is a reason in the post.

The new President has just started to fail in his promises and you keep having patience.

Stop attacking PDP, TANoids. Start being critical in assessing the new govt against there manifesto. That's the way to go to put them in check so they don't derail.
Pls forget sentiments.
Re: Buhari Breaks 3 Campaign Promises Less Than 24 Hours After Taking Oath by networkrecharg: 9:15am On May 31, 2015
Mybonly regret is that he may not teach the PDP lessons that impunity is evil...
....that killing fellow nigerians is evil.
...That democracy is live and let othera live.
....THE BLOOD OF 94 RIVERS PEOPLE KILLED WILL HUNT THEIRE KILLERS.
....EXCEPT WIKE CONPENSATE THEIR FAMILIES....

DDoubleUps:
In as much as i know that this change is built pn lies and deceit, deep down in my heart and my prayers, i serriously wish that Buhari succeeds and build a nigeria every nigerian will be proud of and not just a nigeria for the rich and highly placed... no well meaning nigerian should wish that the president fails, cause it will affect every nigerian and so the lies of campaign are in the past, but now is reality pmb please do what is required to put the country in a good position and we all will praise you just like we praised gej for saving us nigerians from blood shed... goodluck pmb
Re: Buhari Breaks 3 Campaign Promises Less Than 24 Hours After Taking Oath by abokikhalifa: 9:17am On May 31, 2015
Op the only option you have right now is to go and kill ur self o. U never chi chomting
Re: Buhari Breaks 3 Campaign Promises Less Than 24 Hours After Taking Oath by clip: 10:12am On May 31, 2015
100 days countdown
97days to go
Re: Buhari Breaks 3 Campaign Promises Less Than 24 Hours After Taking Oath by nawtibownie: 11:41am On May 31, 2015
People using Panadol for his headache. Why not sit down, relax and see how he performs in the next 97days.
Re: Buhari Breaks 3 Campaign Promises Less Than 24 Hours After Taking Oath by aresa: 3:27pm On May 31, 2015
hilary26:

Pls forget sentiments.

Coming from bigots and unintelligent jokers who looked the other way with no question esked while the Jonathan crippled the country?

All of a sudden you clowns and bigots care about putting public officials in check.

Beats me why you people think you should be take seriously...
Re: Buhari Breaks 3 Campaign Promises Less Than 24 Hours After Taking Oath by aresa: 3:31pm On May 31, 2015
hilary26:
Fashola never spends a dime on any area densly populated by Igbos.
Quote me in disagreement but show counter evidence.

That's Cemetery road in Ajegunle..

See why you village clowns and bigots shouldn't be listened to or taken seriously ...

Re: Buhari Breaks 3 Campaign Promises Less Than 24 Hours After Taking Oath by cuteboy2: 7:02pm On Jun 01, 2015

https://www.nairaland.com/2351049/corruption-case-against-sylva-withdrawn

With the announcement today by Director of Public Prosecution, Mr D.S. Diri of Federal Ministry of Justices that Buhari's government has withdrawn the EFCC N2.4 billion corruption case against the profoundly corrupt ex-Bayelsa State Gov Timpre Sylva, and APC chieftain, it is now confirmed that the central plank of Buhari's campaign promise to fight corruption across board is firmly broken.

It is now clear that if Buhari will fight corruption, it will be against his perceived enemies. People like Bola Tinubu and corrupt former PDP members like Dino Melaye,who have sought shelter in APC will be spared. Subsidy cabal members like Wale Tinubu of OANDO will have nothing to fear from Buhari.
Re: Buhari Breaks 3 Campaign Promises Less Than 24 Hours After Taking Oath by cuteboy2: 7:10pm On Jun 01, 2015
Timpre Sylva APC Governorship candidate of Bayelsa forgiven. Corruption case withdrawn by Director of Public Prosecution (DPP)

https://www.nairaland.com/2351049/corruption-case-against-sylva-withdrawn

This is similar pardon that Jonathan granted his political godfather, Alameyisiegha, and he was lampooned by the press for being soft on corruption. Waiting to see if Tinubu's Nation newspaper will report this at all.
Re: Buhari Breaks 3 Campaign Promises Less Than 24 Hours After Taking Oath by cuteboy2: 7:18pm On Jun 01, 2015
DDoubleUps:

Totally agree with you bro. There is no day we don't mention Buhari's new govt in our daily prayers, that God will give him the wisdom to succeed. But the man has to start by taking simple right decisions. So much hope and expectation is invested in this man, he has assumed a messianic aura among Nigerians and international community alike.

Starting so early to break simple campaign promises is not doing his credibility any good at all. In politics, simple things matter a lot.

Why for example did the Director of Public Prosecutions withdraw with such the long standing corruption case against APC governorship aspirant in Bayelsa State, Timpre Sylva, barely 48 hours after Buhari is sworn in? The signs are ominous.
Re: Buhari Breaks 3 Campaign Promises Less Than 24 Hours After Taking Oath by DDoubleUps(m): 7:32pm On Jun 01, 2015
cuteboy2:

Totally agree with you bro. There is no day we don't mention Buhari's new govt in our daily prayers, that God will give him the wisdom to succeed. But the man has to start by taking simple right decisions. So much hope and expectation is invested in this man, he has assumed a messianic aura among Nigerians and international community alike.

Starting so early to break simple campaign promises is not doing his credibility any good at all. In politics, simple things matter a lot.

Why for example did the Director of Public Prosecutions withdraw with such the long standing corruption case against APC governorship aspirant in Bayelsa State, Timpre Sylva, barely 48 hours after Buhari is sworn in? The signs are ominous.
I share your concerns too bro about Buhari, from the beggining any right thinking person know that all the rants that he made during campaign were all lies... ex president, ex oil minister and a retired army general coming to tell us that he has only a million naira in his account and only 150cows... so many lies were told and so many deceiving was made by him and his campaign officers but now the reality is that we are stuck with him for atleast four years unless something drastic happens and my prayer is that he sees sense to it and do the right thing by the masses... truth be said 99% percent of the election promises will be broken and i am not surprised by it, but i wish that atleast whatever it is that is his real agenda should be for the good of the country and help uplift the millions of poor masses in the country.
Re: Buhari Breaks 3 Campaign Promises Less Than 24 Hours After Taking Oath by cuteboy2: 7:42pm On Jun 01, 2015
DDoubleUps:
I share your concerns too bro about Buhari, from the beggining any right thinking person know that all the rants that he made during campaign were all lies... ex president, ex oil minister and a retired army general coming to tell us that he has only a million naira in his account and only 150cows... so many lies were told and so many deceiving was made by him and his campaign officers but now the reality is that we are stuck with him for atleast four years unless something drastic happens and my prayer is that he sees sense to it and do the right thing by the masses... truth be said 99% percent of the election promises will be broken and i am not surprised by it, but i wish that atleast whatever it is that is his real agenda should be for the good of the country and help uplift the millions of poor masses in the country.

Amen! Ameeen!! Ameeeeeeeeeeeeee...eeeeen!!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Breaks 3 Campaign Promises Less Than 24 Hours After Taking Oath by cuteboy2: 7:56pm On Jun 01, 2015
aresa:

Oh I see. It is official picture because of the flag in the background and the photographer called okoro stamped his name and 2015 on official government picture to make it official. grin

Btw, who released this picture and even labeled it official government picture? The ministry of information or federal ministry of Linda ikeji? grin

You people should just remain inside your caves for the sake of humanity..

I suppose it is Linda Ikeji that made Aisha Buhari to sit down in a plush seat, planted the Nigerian flag behind her, told her to say "cheeeeeese", snapped the picture, and issued the picture as "Official Portrait of First Lady". grin grin grin

The word "official" derives from the word "office". If there is no "office", there cannot be "official". Get it??

Nigerians have a funny habit of hiding their brains in ravine, allowing reason to take flight, and putting on blinkers when they want to defend the indefensible
Re: Buhari Breaks 3 Campaign Promises Less Than 24 Hours After Taking Oath by cuteboy2: 9:07pm On Jun 01, 2015
CMSbrands:

Long live Sai baba

Yes, "Long live Sai Baba" as long as he does not break any more promises
Re: Buhari Breaks 3 Campaign Promises Less Than 24 Hours After Taking Oath by cuteboy2: 9:11pm On Jun 01, 2015

By Yemi Adebowale

Popular lawyer, Festus Keyamo, has withdrawn as prosecuting counsel in a corruption case between the Federal government and former Governor Timipre Sylva of Bayelsa State.

Mr. Keyamo said he was stepping down as the lead prosecutor for the case instituted by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, due to recent developments which could hinder him from prosecuting the case effectively and vigorous.

He did not give details of the developments.

“Kindly recall that sometime in 2012, the Commission briefed my Chambers to prosecute Charge No. FHC/ABJ/CR/23/2012; Between: The Federal Republic Of Nigeria V. Timipre Sylva, he wrote in a letter to the EFCC.

“Since then, we have diligently prosecuted the Charge and successfully opposed the bid of the accused person to quash the Charge in limine. The court ruled in our favour for the trial to commence and the Court of Appeal also refused to stay proceedings in the trial.

“However, certain recent developments (in respect of which I would prefer not to elaborate) have necessitated my decision to withdraw from further prosecution of the said Charge. This is because these recent developments may hamper my effective, efficient and vigorous prosecution of the Charge, duties that are expected of every prosecutor” Keyamo said in the letter made available to journalists.

However, an inside source in the All Progressives Congress (APC) who spoke to BREAKING TIMES on condition of anonymity disclosed that the President-Elect, Muhammadu Buhari it was who ordered Keyamo to stay off the case as part of attempts to kill the case for Timipre Sylva who is the Chairman of the Buhari May 29 Transition Committee. Keyamo, a strong supporter of the Buhari presidential campaign is believed to have the ears of the incoming President on legal matters. According to our source, with Keyamo’s involvement in the case as prosecuting counsel, Timipre Sylva would not escape conviction. “Timipre actually begged the President-Elect to soften the grounds for him as his possible conviction would do more damage that Buhari will not recover from”, the source said.

The trial of Timipre Sylva had been fixed for Monday.

Mr. Sylva was docked alongside his co-accused in July 2014 for allegedly using three companies to siphon funds from Bayelsa state treasury between 2009 and 2012.

The companies are Marlin Maritime Limited, Eat Catering Services Limited, and Haloween-Blue Construction and Logistics Limited.

Choi!!! So this is how Buhari will fight corruption

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kate Upton Hot Sexy Video Free Watch / Is This The Picture Yoruba Muslims Hate The Most? / RUGA: The Only Tribe Fulani Fear In Nigeria Is Igbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.