Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,109 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

Should We Pity Or Hate Them? A Food For Thought - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Should We Pity Or Hate Them? A Food For Thought (493 Views)

Why Do Muslim Ladies Hate Polygamy? / I Am Beginning To Hate My Husband, Help!!! / Dogs Are Cute So Why Do Muslims Hate Them..? Find Out Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should We Pity Or Hate Them? A Food For Thought by dekatrons(m): 9:36am On May 31, 2015
Salaam alaykum.
Been tinking abt dis for quit a while now.nd tink its best if I ask my muslim broders nd sister in here.
PLEASE READ TO THE END
Having noticed dose who have physical ailments(sicknesses) are generally shown mercy and pity by there friends,close-ones nd even does who are not close at all...I began wondering nd pondering why does who commit evil acts are hated by people nd looked at with rancor,having read from d glorious koran that dis people have "a sickness in their hearts" -koran2vs10 which is a spiritual ailment whose gravity is miles greater dan does of physical ailments,den dis questions kept on coming into my mind wich is why I wnt to ask my broda and sister in here to knw dere views
Do does with spiritual ailment deserve more pity. And need more help dan does with physical ailments or should deh b hated as usual?
Ur opinions are very important.
Re: Should We Pity Or Hate Them? A Food For Thought by generaluthman: 9:55am On May 31, 2015
Hatred cannot be use to chase out evil or hatred, only love can.
Re: Should We Pity Or Hate Them? A Food For Thought by dekatrons(m): 10:16am On May 31, 2015
your reply brings forth anoda question
In islam we are thought to love that wich is good and discern that wich is bad
Will loving an evil person or act make d person see d wrongs in his act? Forgive me if I misunderstood ur statement
Re: Should We Pity Or Hate Them? A Food For Thought by kemiola89(f): 7:36am On Jun 02, 2015
^^^ 'Never despise or think bad of a fellow believer, no matter the sin they are doing. Hate the sin and not the person'. The best you can do is to make du'a for them, you can as well talk to them to desist from the act.
Re: Should We Pity Or Hate Them? A Food For Thought by PENMIGHT(m): 3:38pm On Jun 02, 2015
Allah, the Lord of Honour and Majesty, do not say you should "HATE". Rather, He says you shouldnt take them as bosom ffriends. He says:
"O you who believe! Take not My enemies and your enemies (i.e. disbelievers and polytheists, etc.) as friends, showing affection towards them, while they have disbelieved in what has come to you of the truth......

Allaah, The Lord of Honour and Majesty, butress the fact that He want us to deal with them in the best manner when He says:

" Perhaps, Allah will make friendship between you and those who you hold as enemies. And Allaah has power over all things, and Allaah is Oft Forgiving, Most Merciful."

The diseases they have in their hearts are such that can only be cured by Allaah. Thus, we present Islam to those of them who aren't hostile to us with the best of approach.

Allaah says:

" Allaah does not forbid you to deal justly and kindly to those who fought not against you on account of religion and did not drive you out of your homes. Verily, Allaah loves those who deal with equity"

However, for those who declare hatred and enmity against the Muslims, Allaah allows us to act back in proportionate manner guided by the dictates of Qur'an and the Sunnah.

Allaah says:

"It is only as regards those who fought against you on account of religion, and have driven you out of your homes, and helped to drive you out, that Allaah forbid you to befriend them.And whosoever will befriend them, then such are the Zalimun (wrongdoers)"

Allaah knows best!

NB- All verses quoted are from Surah Mumtahina ( Chapter 60)

(1) (Reply)

Our Extreme Need For Guidance From Allah. / Menses And Fasting / Why Islam Progresses Than Other Religions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.