Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,780 members, 7,866,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 10:40 AM

Asari Dokubo Faults Niger Delta Amnesty - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Asari Dokubo Faults Niger Delta Amnesty (1355 Views)

Buhari Approves N35bn For The Niger Delta Amnesty Programme / Asari Dokubo Faults Niger Delta Amnesty / Niger Delta Amnesty Due To End In December- Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Asari Dokubo Faults Niger Delta Amnesty by Nobody: 11:03am On May 31, 2015
Leader of the Ijaw Youth Council, Mr. Asari Dokubo, has condemned the amnesty granted to the ex-Niger Delta militants by the late president, Umaru Yar’adua.

According to him, this was a bribe to allow oil flow from the Niger Delta region to the North. He said that was the reason he rejected the offer.

Dokubo, who gave the clarification during the 2015 MASSOB day celebration, held in Owerri, Imo State, also faulted the national conference organised by the Federal Government, insisting that the exercise did not represent the views of the Niger Delta region that is yearning for a referendum.
“It only represented the views of the rest of the country. Let us be allowed to have a referendum. We have the right to hold a referendum on where we want to go,” he argued.

He described MASSOB and his group as partners in progress who are moving in the same direction to arrive at a common destination as one people and nation.

Dokubo, who faulted the last general elections in the country, decried the pace of growth and development of the nation over the years, noting that there should be massive infrastructural provision to stimulate the economy with conscious and unpolluted efforts to bring about industrial growth and job creation.

Meanwhile, members of MASSOB had a confrontation with the police at the Assumpta Roundabout while riding in convoy to the state capital for the celebration.

An eyewitness account had it that the police who had stationed their vehicles at the popular Control Post, Owerri, asked the MASSOB members to retreat but they refused and were teargassed by the police.

It was said that MASSOB members, who were numbered over 500, had hauled stones at the police, who shot in the air to scare them away.

Meanwhile, the Imo State Commissioner of Police, Austin Evbakvbokun, while confirming the incident, said that the police halted the movement of the MASSOB members to the state capital because they do not have a permit for such gathering.

He added that the group conducted itself in a disorderly manner, carrying insignias, which were not of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, thus necessitating the prompt action of his men to stop them.
www.punchng.com/news/asari-dokubo-faults-niger-delta-amnesty/
Re: Asari Dokubo Faults Niger Delta Amnesty by SHARIAREPORTERS: 11:04am On May 31, 2015
Nigeria as an entity is a big fraud

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Asari Dokubo Faults Niger Delta Amnesty by midolian(m): 11:06am On May 31, 2015
Chai! God, Why have you cursed our dear nation with pple like Asari? I don't know why these pple are never satisfied. If Yaradua had not granted them amnesty, I jst can't imagine what the story wld be today..

God, pls let these pple have the freedom they seek.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asari Dokubo Faults Niger Delta Amnesty by PassingShot(m): 11:06am On May 31, 2015
What say thou, enemies of PMB?

To cancel the amnesty or not to?

2 Likes

Re: Asari Dokubo Faults Niger Delta Amnesty by Nobody: 11:07am On May 31, 2015
Asaro Tokunbo, weren't you a leader of the Niger Delta region when the Amnesty programme kicked off? Why didn't you complain then?

Anyways, your rants are irrelevant now because the promotion of thuggery and militancy with national funds aka Amnesty is ending by December.

Buhari is now your President and leader of West Africa including Republic of Benin. If you don't like him, go to North Korea and slap Kim Jong Un......
And don't forget to tell God the name of the nuclear bomb they used to kill only you..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asari Dokubo Faults Niger Delta Amnesty by SHARIAREPORTERS: 11:08am On May 31, 2015
Re: Asari Dokubo Faults Niger Delta Amnesty by Nobody: 11:23am On May 31, 2015
SHARIAREPORTERS:

"." ?
No offense bro, are you a confusionist or a mumunist? Please don't tell me you are both.

4 Likes

Re: Asari Dokubo Faults Niger Delta Amnesty by Nobody: 11:24am On May 31, 2015
Instead of massob, can't we av a United nigeria?
Re: Asari Dokubo Faults Niger Delta Amnesty by SHARIAREPORTERS: 11:27am On May 31, 2015
NaijaTalkTown:
No offense bro, are you a confusionist or a mumunist? Please don't tell me you are both.
Ya fada shld answer dat
Datz if u got one?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Asari Dokubo Faults Niger Delta Amnesty by Nobody: 11:29am On May 31, 2015
adeekiti:
Instead of massob, can't we av a United nigeria?
Like PMB said at the Presidential Gala Night, they are some forces from and within that do not want a united and developed Nigeria. MASSOB, ND Militants and the PDP are part of them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Asari Dokubo Faults Niger Delta Amnesty by Nobody: 11:30am On May 31, 2015
SHARIAREPORTERS:

Ya fada shld answer dat
Datz if u got one?
NaijaTalkTown:
Ya fada shld answer dat
Datz if u got one? round 1
Re: Asari Dokubo Faults Niger Delta Amnesty by Flets: 11:31am On May 31, 2015
Fix the fundamental Nigerian problem or we'll only be going around in circles.

Regional governance is the ONLY way forward for a United and prosperous Nigeria. Otherwise. ... we can only get worse.
Re: Asari Dokubo Faults Niger Delta Amnesty by Nobody: 11:31am On May 31, 2015
NaijaTalkTown:
Like PMB said at the Presidential Gala Night, they are some forces from and within that do not want a united and developed Nigeria. MASSOB, ND Militants and the PDP are part of them.
mmm that's very true but dey won't help situations at all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Asari Dokubo Faults Niger Delta Amnesty by Nobody: 11:32am On May 31, 2015
NaijaTalkTown:
round 1
Re: Asari Dokubo Faults Niger Delta Amnesty by Nobody: 11:34am On May 31, 2015
adeekiti:
round 1
Lol
Re: Asari Dokubo Faults Niger Delta Amnesty by Nobody: 11:35am On May 31, 2015
Re: Asari Dokubo Faults Niger Delta Amnesty by Sunnybobo3(m): 11:37am On May 31, 2015
NaijaTalkTown:
Asaro Tokunbo,[b] weren't you a leader of the Niger Delta region when the Amnesty programme kicked off? [/b]Why didn't you complain then?

Anyways, your rants are irrelevant now because the promotion of thuggery and militancy with national funds aka Amnesty is ending by December.

Buhari is now your President and leader of West Africa including Republic of Benin. If you don't like him, go to North Korea and slap Kim Jong Un......
And don't forget to tell God the name of the nuclear bomb they used to kill only you..

Asari had always been against tge amnesty program right from inception and has always spoken against it. He personally rejected the amnesty under Yaradua saying amnesty is granted to someone who has committed crime and as far as he's concerned, he's not committed any crime.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/05/asari-dokubo-rejects-fg-amnesty-programme/

1 Like

Re: Asari Dokubo Faults Niger Delta Amnesty by Nobody: 11:37am On May 31, 2015
people say they no longer want to be with you, why don't you let them go? i don't just understand this point, somebody please explain to me, why won't they allow the igbos go their separate ways? why?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asari Dokubo Faults Niger Delta Amnesty by abduljabbar4(m): 11:40am On May 31, 2015
He better starts controlling himself. Things have changed
Re: Asari Dokubo Faults Niger Delta Amnesty by Nobody: 11:43am On May 31, 2015
jack67:
people say they no longer want to be with you, why don't you let them go? i don't just understand this point, somebody please explain to me, why won't they allow the igbos go their separate ways? why?
Nobody is stopping anybody from going to the U.N. Their own lack of integrity, will power, resources and diplomatic strength is what is holding them back.

1 Like

Re: Asari Dokubo Faults Niger Delta Amnesty by SHARIAREPORTERS: 11:44am On May 31, 2015
abduljabbar4:
He better starts controlling himself. Things have changed

Am a christian and not a terrorist
Re: Asari Dokubo Faults Niger Delta Amnesty by Nobody: 11:47am On May 31, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

Asari had always been against tge amnesty program right from inception and has always spoken against it. He personally rejected the amnesty under Yaradua saying amnesty is granted to someone who has committed crime and as far as he's concerned, he's not committed any crime.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/05/asari-dokubo-rejects-fg-amnesty-programme/
Ok so his boys have no reason to go back to kidnapping albinos and terrorising well educated and highly trained oil workers after December 2015 right?
Re: Asari Dokubo Faults Niger Delta Amnesty by buzquet(m): 11:59am On May 31, 2015
Mr Asaro Dokubo!!!! Ow many times did I call u? If u do anyhow, u go see anyhow. No b ur clueless master dey there anymore, na PMB dey there nw oooo!!! I dey warn u
Re: Asari Dokubo Faults Niger Delta Amnesty by Idrismusty97(m): 12:28pm On May 31, 2015
jack67:
Stop feeling important, start by leaving any corner of the country to your glorious Eldorado. And don't you know when the UN is? Many Igbo's here didn't even know there was a Biafra independence day yesterday, it is business as usual.

(1) (Reply)

Another ‘ojukwu’ Will Go To War If You Touch Ihejirika – Ohanaeze Warns / Photo: Aliko Dangote Pays A Courtesy Call On Akinwunmi Ambode / Tinubu, Saraki Lobby Buhari, Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.