Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

Help Me Out (S5 Users ) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help Me Out (S5 Users ) (1107 Views)

Samsung Galaxy S5 Users How Is Your Phone Battery Life / Samsung Galaxy S5 Users What Are Your Expriences Vs Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Users / Galaxy S5 Original And Fake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me Out (S5 Users ) by braintext(m): 9:49pm On May 31, 2015
Pls is it advice able to flash a custom rom(Cm 12) to my lollipop GS5?.....I know the procedures very well...

My s5 lags alot and all these system apps consume my ram so much that games like mc5 lags on it...

Cm12 doesn't have those useless apps... But it doesn't have those cool features like Finger print scanner....

It wouldn't occupy my ram like thr stock android but i just like this touchwix skin...

I need your suggestions... Should i flash the custom rom... And if ur using an s5 with a custom rom, what's ur experience

Thanks
Re: Help Me Out (S5 Users ) by Tolzeal(m): 10:20pm On May 31, 2015
braintext:
Pls is it advice able to flash a custom rom(Cm 12) to my lollipop GS5?.....I know the procedures very well...

My s5 lags alot and all these system apps consume my ram so much that games like mc5 lags on it...

Cm12 doesn't have those useless apps... But it doesn't have those cool features like Finger print scanner....

It wouldn't occupy my ram like thr stock android but i just like this touchwix skin...

I need your suggestions... Should i flash the custom rom... And if ur using an s5 with a custom rom, what's ur experience

Thanks

Well, Im no s5 user , But seriously flashing a custom is eeally nice . I couldn't remember the last time i used my stock rom , Always moving from a custom to other because of remover of bloatwares makes my exp with customs wonderful.

S5 was once a flagship product no long ago.. i want to be believe you are not really optimizing ur battery reaaly well , that's whybu facing much troubles with battery.

Try See XDA forum, they've lots to offer.
Re: Help Me Out (S5 Users ) by Nobody: 1:03am On Jun 01, 2015
Hello i have an s5 as-well and will advice you to root it and freeze or uninstall all bloatware on it using an app like titanium backup...
what model is your s5 and which rom?
Re: Help Me Out (S5 Users ) by braintext(m): 3:24pm On Jun 01, 2015
gotemnutz:
Hello i have an s5 as-well and will advice you to root it and freeze or uninstall all bloatware on it using an app like titanium backup...
what model is your s5 and which rom?

I'm using the stock rom and its the sm-g900h...

Just that the blaotware are many and if you freeze the wrong one, your phone may develop faults
Re: Help Me Out (S5 Users ) by braintext(m): 3:25pm On Jun 01, 2015
Tolzeal:

Well, Im no s5 user , But seriously flashing a custom is eeally nice . I couldn't remember the last time i used my stock rom , Always moving from a custom to other because of remover of bloatwares makes my exp with customs wonderful.

S5 was once a flagship product no long ago.. i want to be believe you are not really optimizing ur battery reaaly well , that's whybu facing much troubles with battery.

Try See XDA forum, they've lots to offer.

Thanks but i don't seem to find a custom rom for my s5 variant the Sm-g900h
Re: Help Me Out (S5 Users ) by francis247(m): 4:33pm On Jun 01, 2015
braintext:

Thanks
I also use an S5. Just upgraded to Lollipop earlier this morning. I've noticed my battery drains more than twice as fast as before and also takes more than twice the time it used to to charge. Are you experiencing same issue? Is this custom ROM (CM 12) you want to flash not having similar issue or any major bug? Please if yes, share the download link or that of kitkat if you have any, Wouldn't mind downgrading. Thanks.
Re: Help Me Out (S5 Users ) by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jun 01, 2015
braintext:

Just that the blaotware are many and if you freeze the wrong one, your phone may develop faults

Ok what android version are you on currently is it kitkat or lollipop ? 4.4.2 or or 4.4.4 ?

and i can give you a list of systems apps to freeze so no need to have the worry of bricking your phone.

The problem with the smg900h is that its a niche device so developers didn't garner enough interest in it so no much of custom roms for it ..best is to completely debloat it or download a debloated rom for it.
Re: Help Me Out (S5 Users ) by braintext(m): 12:25am On Jun 02, 2015
gotemnutz:

Ok what android version are you on currently is it kitkat or lollipop ? 4.4.2 or or 4.4.4 ?

and i can give you a list of systems apps to freeze so no need to have the worry of bricking your phone.

The problem with the smg900h is that its a niche device so developers didn't garner enough interest in it so no much of custom roms for it ..best is to completely debloat it or download a debloated rom for it.

I'm running 5.0 lollipop
Re: Help Me Out (S5 Users ) by braintext(m): 12:26am On Jun 02, 2015
francis247:
I also use an S5. Just upgraded to Lollipop earlier this morning. I've noticed my battery drains more than twice as fast as before and also takes more than twice the time it used to to charge. Are you experiencing same issue? Is this custom ROM (CM 12) you want to flash not having similar issue or any major bug? Please if yes, share the download link or that of kitkat if you have any, Wouldn't mind downgrading. Thanks.

Which version is its? G900h of g900f?
Re: Help Me Out (S5 Users ) by francis247(m): 2:13am On Jun 02, 2015
braintext:

Which version is its? G900h of g900f?
G900h
Re: Help Me Out (S5 Users ) by firetrap(m): 7:21am On Jun 02, 2015
@braintex, there's no official cm 12 ROM for the s5, I also have one (S5) but I'm still on stock 5.0 and its running smoothly. the trick is to reset back to factory when u flash to 5.0 from 4.4. some of the old system files from 4.4 are not compatible with 5.0 so it causes lag. @francis247 root ur phone and install titanium backup to back up all ur apps then flash android 5.0 with Odin and in the options in Odin tick factory reset and when ur phone boots up install the backed up apps but make sure not to install backed up system apps. and you'll not notice any lag
Re: Help Me Out (S5 Users ) by braintext(m): 8:17am On Jun 02, 2015
francis247:
G900h

Did you format ur phone after the upgrade? if no then do it....bcus it may be those apps that are not compatible with art runtime that is causing them....As for me 'im not experiencing any bug. ...just the normal ram eating system apps
Re: Help Me Out (S5 Users ) by braintext(m): 8:18am On Jun 02, 2015
firetrap:
@braintex, there's no official cm 12 ROM for the s5, I also have one (S5) but I'm still on stock 5.0 and its running smoothly. the trick is to reset back to factory when u flash to 5.0 from 4.4. some of the old system files from 4.4 are not compatible with 5.0 so it causes lag. @francis247 root ur phone and install titanium backup to back up all ur apps then flash android 5.0 with Odin and in the options in Odin tick factory reset and when ur phone boots up install the backed up apps but make sure not to install backed up system apps. and you'll not notice any lag

Is the rom for g900h?
Re: Help Me Out (S5 Users ) by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jun 02, 2015
I want to sell a brand new white Samsung Galaxy Note 4 for sale with all accessories for 110k, reach on 09098363226. Thanks

Re: Help Me Out (S5 Users ) by braintext(m): 1:27pm On Jun 02, 2015
feelz:
I want to sell a brand new white Samsung Galaxy Note 4 for sale with all accessories for 110k, reach on 09098363226. Thanks

Why not go to the right section for this?
Re: Help Me Out (S5 Users ) by Collinz2(m): 3:39pm On Jun 02, 2015
braintext:

link to download the stock 5.0 lillpop firmware or rom
Re: Help Me Out (S5 Users ) by braintext(m): 6:44pm On Jun 02, 2015

(1) (Reply)

How To Keep Your Samsung S3 On 3G Or Edge Constant / Kingzone N5 / Glo Free Tomorrow Promo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.