Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,183 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:42 PM

How To Keep Your Samsung S3 On 3G Or Edge Constant - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Keep Your Samsung S3 On 3G Or Edge Constant (1105 Views)

How I Manage To Use My Airtel 2G Data Pack On 3G (PICS) / How To Use AIRTEL 2gb For 200 On 3g Normal Speed No App Needed Only Settings / How To Use Airtel 2GB And 6GB 2g Network Data On 3G Network (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Keep Your Samsung S3 On 3G Or Edge Constant by guyX(m): 8:02pm On Jul 06, 2015
Recently I bought a fairly used Samsung s3 AT &T model. And I've been having problems keeping it on constant 3g or changing it to edge when my battery is down. Since it's not in the phone's settings. But it all ended today as I found a way to solve the problem.
Type in this code in your dialer
*#*#4636#*#*
Then select Device Information
Scroll down, and you'll see
GSM/LTE/WCDMA
Click on it.
Then select anyone you which.
For me I prefer WCDMA only when I need high speed internet since there's no 4g in my area. But if there's 4g is your neighborhood, select WCDMA(3.75G)/LTE(4G) just in case it steps out of LTE(4G).
But if you want to save your battery, select GSM or EVDO.
Before you even attempt any of the above, make sure you data is turned off.
After you must have changed it, exit, then turn on data.
It's that easy.
Thank me later.
Re: How To Keep Your Samsung S3 On 3G Or Edge Constant by guyX(m): 8:14pm On Jul 06, 2015
Screenshots

Re: How To Keep Your Samsung S3 On 3G Or Edge Constant by guyX(m): 8:25pm On Jul 06, 2015

Re: How To Keep Your Samsung S3 On 3G Or Edge Constant by guyX(m): 8:31pm On Jul 06, 2015

Re: How To Keep Your Samsung S3 On 3G Or Edge Constant by guyX(m): 8:33pm On Jul 06, 2015

Re: How To Keep Your Samsung S3 On 3G Or Edge Constant by dustmalik: 4:29am On Jul 07, 2015
Nice share.
Re: How To Keep Your Samsung S3 On 3G Or Edge Constant by Joejonah(m): 2:24pm On Jul 07, 2015
guyX:

I have same problem before now, but have resolved it.
The issue now it that my flash share and xender can't create connection. Any time I try to do that it always request I switch on mobile data.

And secondly my mobile Hotspot won't switch on too.
Re: How To Keep Your Samsung S3 On 3G Or Edge Constant by guyX(m): 3:55pm On Jul 07, 2015
Joejonah:

I have same problem before now, but have resolved it.
The issue now it that my flash share and xender can't create connection. Any time I try to do that it always request I switch on mobile data.

And secondly my mobile Hotspot won't switch on too.
You need to have your phone rooted for starters.
Your hotspot and Wi-Fi is linked to AT & T sim card. That's why it says insert sim.

Mine does that too but when I turn on xender, it(hotspot and WiFi) turns on.

Google XDA-developers forum and the issue.

(1) (Reply)

Is This The End Of Samsung,iphone And Co?? / Tecno M6 Review And Unboxing / Help, Which Is Better

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.