Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,375 members, 7,850,353 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:22 PM

'Immunity Or Not, You'll Face The Law' - Buhari On Corrupt Leader - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Immunity Or Not, You'll Face The Law' - Buhari On Corrupt Leader (35783 Views)

Crackdown On Corrupt Judges: How BVN Gave Out Suspects’ Hidden Cash-the Vanguard / Jonathan Not A Corrupt Leader – Ebenezer Babatope / Protesters Storm Buharis Office Demand Death Penalty On Corrupt Politicians. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Immunity Or Not, You'll Face The Law' - Buhari On Corrupt Leader by appini: 9:11am On Jun 01, 2015
BabaOldSoldier Nigerians want policy direction from you not this your everyday ranting and threatening of the masses.

1 Like

Re: 'Immunity Or Not, You'll Face The Law' - Buhari On Corrupt Leader by nerodenero: 9:13am On Jun 01, 2015
chupcake:
Bro Pls, enough of this asset talk. He decleared it publicly during campaigns. When you in government, there is a procedure and its already ungoing. Do your research properly pls.
Pls kindly provide a link indicating that PMB publicly declared his assets during campaigns. Again, don't tell me to ask google because it has no record of this. Thank you.
Re: 'Immunity Or Not, You'll Face The Law' - Buhari On Corrupt Leader by Owliver(m): 9:17am On Jun 01, 2015
eph12:
He can't say immunity or not. With immunity anything he does will be unlawful and as such won't be accepted. I think he should first work on removing the immunity clause and then anything can go.
this is the first reasonable comment on the thread. I don't know if others commenting are below 12yrs old or something. Lol

1 Like

Re: 'Immunity Or Not, You'll Face The Law' - Buhari On Corrupt Leader by Bigdreams(m): 9:23am On Jun 01, 2015
Let's wait and see.

Re: 'Immunity Or Not, You'll Face The Law' - Buhari On Corrupt Leader by BekeeBuAgbara: 9:26am On Jun 01, 2015
Buhari always talk about 16 years of PDP as if Nigeria was like New York before 1999, has he forgotten that Amaechi one of his sponsors was a governor under PDP for almost 7 years, most of the people that damaged PDP are today drinking and eating with him in APC.

He doesn't talk about the military regimes because he was part of them, they are the goverments that mismanaged the Nigerian airways, Nigerian national shipping line and Nigeria railway not PDP.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Immunity Or Not, You'll Face The Law' - Buhari On Corrupt Leader by Nobody: 9:27am On Jun 01, 2015
Oya, let the prosecutions begin. Alele to the TANoids and the corrupt heads in Oga Jona's administration; plus #Mimiko
Re: 'Immunity Or Not, You'll Face The Law' - Buhari On Corrupt Leader by Nobody: 9:28am On Jun 01, 2015
Oya, let the prosecutions begin. Alele to the TANoids and the corrupt heads in Oga Jona's administration; plus #Mimiko!
Re: 'Immunity Or Not, You'll Face The Law' - Buhari On Corrupt Leader by Able4christ(m): 9:29am On Jun 01, 2015
I will be so happy if such will take place in Nigeria so that all those gluters will give way for the leaders of tomorrow. It's easy to say that but to hard to back it up. Remember Nigeria then is not Nigeria now.
Re: 'Immunity Or Not, You'll Face The Law' - Buhari On Corrupt Leader by yooglodotcom: 9:30am On Jun 01, 2015
Lets see action sir. Enough of the warnings and threats. Just show us some actions backing up your position. We want to see corrupt people undergo commensurate suffering irrespective of party affiliate, religion, ethnicity or social status.

1 Like

Re: 'Immunity Or Not, You'll Face The Law' - Buhari On Corrupt Leader by vikyno(m): 9:31am On Jun 01, 2015
Baba should talk less and get down to business. Enough of I will do this, I will do that...

Back to immunity or no immunity statement there. It's like this man love speaking with both sides of the mouth.
He promised us he will ensure immunity clause is removed. Now he is turning it to a conditional statement.

He said he will declare his assets publicly, now another things is showing up.

He criticized Patience Jonathan then saying the constitution does not recognize the office of the first lady. His wife has released her official portraits, getting ready to start work as the First lady.

#Babawearewatching.

2 Likes

Re: 'Immunity Or Not, You'll Face The Law' - Buhari On Corrupt Leader by LIGHT6484: 9:34am On Jun 01, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
My general is talking!!!!!!.......where is bode george?
corruption is the major problem in Nigeria. what are the solution ?
Re: 'Immunity Or Not, You'll Face The Law' - Buhari On Corrupt Leader by nd07(m): 9:38am On Jun 01, 2015
Caseless:
Diezani comes to mind in this case.
People say buhari should not probe jonathan administration, and I kept asking this question; how can buhari deter others from participating in corrupt practices without using those in gej's gov't as examples? Gej's gov't depicts anything corruption hasn't been in our history and, it must be probed.

GEJ is not afraid of probe but he said probe should start from his predecessors dazzol.

1 Like

Re: 'Immunity Or Not, You'll Face The Law' - Buhari On Corrupt Leader by natureblack(m): 9:40am On Jun 01, 2015
PassingShot:

Read the interview again and tell me where he is wrong on this.

He clearly said that his administration will work with the judiciary to see how those with immunity can be brought to justice. Enough said.
Show me where I stated he's wrong on this. undecided

Comprehension is evident when a reader can read "between the lines" to understand underlying meanings.
Re: 'Immunity Or Not, You'll Face The Law' - Buhari On Corrupt Leader by rigarmortis: 9:47am On Jun 01, 2015
more action, less talk.

these people are starting to bore me with their unending rhetoric.

1 Like

Re: 'Immunity Or Not, You'll Face The Law' - Buhari On Corrupt Leader by Amanwulu1(m): 9:50am On Jun 01, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
Change has truly come, immunity cannot save any corrupt governor again, we d masses wil bounce on them till they exhaust their immunity.
cos buhari said it? Honestly I'm surprised at some ppl's including d president's ignorance of our constitutn. For d avoidance of doubt, talk is cheap. Let him work more and talk less. He is a talking president for now till he gets down to work.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Immunity Or Not, You'll Face The Law' - Buhari On Corrupt Leader by Nobody: 10:01am On Jun 01, 2015
Gbam!
Re: 'Immunity Or Not, You'll Face The Law' - Buhari On Corrupt Leader by Bluffly: 10:09am On Jun 01, 2015
lolaxavier:
President Muhammadu Buhari has reinforced his government’s commitment to fight corruption and to ensure offenders face the full wrath of the law.

In a Vanguard compilation of comments and thoughts of Buhari, 48 hours before his inauguration as the new Nigeria leader, he reiterated the top issues his administration will tackle after assuming office – security, unemployment, fighting corruption, infrastructure amongst others.

He said the Goodluck Jonathan administration has grounded the Nigerian system, as he acknowledged the challenges he must face to bring about the ‘change’ Nigerians are yearning for.

He said, “the biggest message is to try and persuade the people that it is not possible to change the state of affairs now. It took 16 years to get to that state of affairs. Nigeria earned more revenue during that period than what it earned from 1914 to 1999.

“We used to have Nigeria Airways, Nigerian National Shipping Line, Nigeria Railway. Where are they now? Where is the infrastructure that is commensurate with what we earned in-between, what is on ground? That is how efficiently the PDP managed Nigeria in the last 16 years."

Buhari assured that no stone will be left unturned in the fight against corruption, noting that not even immunity clause will aid the escape of anyone who is fingered and found guilty by the law.

He stated, “we will make sure that we get cooperation from the judiciary so that people who worked against the law are prosecuted, especially those who have lost their immunity, even those who think they have immunity because this is the best way to stabilize the system.

“People must not benefit from being lawless. You can’t be in a position by virtue of the Constitution, subvert the Constitution and continue to enjoy the privileges offered by the Constitution. I don’t think that will be acceptable by the APC.

“So, whether you are in the opposition or the government, you have to behave. I think that is the way we can make progress.”

http://pulse.ng/politics/muhammadu-buhari-immunity-or-not-youll-face-the-law-president-speaks-on-corrupt-leaders-id3813764.html

I beg this is not about APC or PDP anymore but about Nigeria. So do what you need to do be it in APC or PDP or any gadem thing.
Re: 'Immunity Or Not, You'll Face The Law' - Buhari On Corrupt Leader by lookingfly: 10:19am On Jun 01, 2015
why won't he say immunity or not,he is going to prosecute those that are corrupt when the constitution says u need a minimum of ssce to be eligible to contest but he never fulfill that and still went ahead to contest.a common saying is 'you can only bend a fish when it is still fresh and not when dried'

1 Like

Re: 'Immunity Or Not, You'll Face The Law' - Buhari On Corrupt Leader by patfem(m): 10:32am On Jun 01, 2015
We need actions please. We ar tired of talktalk

1 Like

Re: 'Immunity Or Not, You'll Face The Law' - Buhari On Corrupt Leader by walozanga(m): 10:35am On Jun 01, 2015
Oga... Start from urself and I will single handedly bring ObJ to be stoned.

1 Like

Re: 'Immunity Or Not, You'll Face The Law' - Buhari On Corrupt Leader by pretty16(f): 10:40am On Jun 01, 2015
God Bless you Mr President
Re: 'Immunity Or Not, You'll Face The Law' - Buhari On Corrupt Leader by babyfaceafrica: 10:42am On Jun 01, 2015
LIGHT6484:
corruption is the major problem in Nigeria. what are the solution ?
my bro..our values have droped drastically..its nt just the politicians..its everywhere,in the school,in the church,in the mosque,at the market...everybody is shortchanging each other.....we have to change our priority....we are too money oriented!!!!

1 Like

Re: 'Immunity Or Not, You'll Face The Law' - Buhari On Corrupt Leader by neocortex: 10:50am On Jun 01, 2015
Blastfinito:
How I wish this regime has the backing of some martial laws to aid quick journey of some despotic elements in this nation to the gulag.

Only jungle-brained individual will think like that, but if you prefer martial law you are free to relocate to North Korea where primitive slaves worship their "dear leader".

1 Like

Re: 'Immunity Or Not, You'll Face The Law' - Buhari On Corrupt Leader by LasoulMacuby(m): 11:05am On Jun 01, 2015
lolaxavier:
My general...there are plenty of them here on nairaland...Abeg start with barcanista, temitemi, oressmusantus... grin
Mogidi, SeverusSnape, noblezone, appini and some others i will be naming soon
Re: 'Immunity Or Not, You'll Face The Law' - Buhari On Corrupt Leader by solonazzy: 11:05am On Jun 01, 2015
noblezone:
Immunity or not?
And children are clapping for him?

This is very funny.
Either some people are deceiving the tyrant or the tyrant is deceiving some people.

The first step will be to remove the immunity clause through the National Assembly.
Any short of that is tyranny.

Am I surprised??
Not all, the man has no single regard for the laws of the land.

Perhaps, Nigerian laws are not meant for all.

Once more, shame on Luggard, the founder of this of this jungle.
if he breaks d law 1millions tyms just to prosecute corrupt Ppl, d larger % of d country which I'll b among support it.....we all kno d celebrated thieves.....we cant wait for d clause to b removed 1st by Ppl dat dey demselves are corrupt....u n I kno dat wnt happen....buhari do as u wish on corruption
Re: 'Immunity Or Not, You'll Face The Law' - Buhari On Corrupt Leader by Mogidi: 11:07am On Jun 01, 2015
LasoulMacuby:

Mogidi, SeverusSnape, and some others i will be naming soon

I be your mate?

Face front from now on or else.
Re: 'Immunity Or Not, You'll Face The Law' - Buhari On Corrupt Leader by Horpeyemi93(m): 11:08am On Jun 01, 2015
[color=#000099][/color]yes dats d man we are talking about#TeamPMB
Re: 'Immunity Or Not, You'll Face The Law' - Buhari On Corrupt Leader by Horpeyemi93(m): 11:15am On Jun 01, 2015
lookingfly:
why won't he say immunity or not,he is going to prosecute those that are corrupt when the constitution says u need a minimum of ssce to be eligible to contest but he never fulfill that and still went ahead to contest.a common saying is 'you can only bend a fish when it is still fresh and not when dried'
Oga jst listen 2 ur self,so they are some so dumb in this country dat still believe Buhari has no certificate?b4 climbing the rank of a General in Nigeria He went to India to study&America with concrete fact & u are there saying rubish.is an insult 2 Nigeria as a whole#Team GMB
Re: 'Immunity Or Not, You'll Face The Law' - Buhari On Corrupt Leader by husnath(m): 11:16am On Jun 01, 2015
“We used to have Nigeria Airways, Nigerian National Shipping Line, Nigeria Railway. Where are they now? Where is the infrastructure that is commensurate with what we earned in-between, what is on ground? That is how efficiently the PDP managed Nigeria in the last 16 years."
Re: 'Immunity Or Not, You'll Face The Law' - Buhari On Corrupt Leader by medeay(m): 11:34am On Jun 01, 2015
nerodenero:
A step in the right direction but all these wont be possible if you dont lead my example. I expect within the first 100 days that you declare your assets publicly and by so doing, you would have sent the necessary signals that it's not going to be business as usual.

The task of rebuilding Nigeria is a task that must be done.
bros, he has filled a form which will be published in the official gazette after thorough investigation. you can grab your copy once its published. thanks
Re: 'Immunity Or Not, You'll Face The Law' - Buhari On Corrupt Leader by DrSanya: 11:35am On Jun 01, 2015
yes o. number one of our major challenge. Ifyin Cuba n co should be prepared. Thus that were pardoned e.g Alam n Bode George should be ready to go back to jail. its not business as usual. Nigeria I hail thee
Re: 'Immunity Or Not, You'll Face The Law' - Buhari On Corrupt Leader by eph12(m): 11:41am On Jun 01, 2015
chuna1985:

Only the Nigeria senate has the power to remove immunity, And I assure u that they won't.
Well thank God we have APC as the majority party right? Mr Buhari should be able to convince his party of the importance of this singular act.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC Supporters Escape Death While Celebrating Buhari's Re-election. Photos / Some Hilarious Photos Of Nigerian Politicians During Election Season / 2023 : Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu Joins Race For Imo East Senatorial Seat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.