Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,359 members, 7,836,463 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:17 AM

Grief With Me Ohh Nairalanders - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Grief With Me Ohh Nairalanders (3549 Views)

Labour Day Don Scatter Ohh / Coping With Grief (2). / Coping With Grief (1). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Grief With Me Ohh Nairalanders by scentmarlc(m): 10:08am On Jun 01, 2015
**sobbing** tears flowing
-------------------------------------
Am so sad and bereaved. My eyes is aching. My joint is shaking, my heart is bleeding.

Yesterday i felt so reluctant to wake up. I was havin a pleasant sleep. A very cozy one at that. After so much pester and nagging by my aunt, i woke up sluggishly. I took my bath and wore one of my ugliest church cloth.

I rpoceeded to St Gregory catholic church, ikare akoko,ondo state. Yea, am on a visit to my aunt over there. Rev Fr Akinyemi took reigns and preached a beautiful sermon. He spoke on the oneness yet uniqueness of trinity. He spoke so softly and lovely --even though i slept halfway.

The mass went so well. It wasnt just Rev.Fr.Akinyemi's preaching that made it so, but a visiting priest helped as well. He is not a visitor that much sha, coz his parents are devouted parishioners of st.gregory. His name is Father Onfoyelu (of the famous onyekachukwu breadbuns family of ikare). This father spoke so craftily so much i was contemplating of goin to d seminary myself.

Father onfoyelu, in his gentle stride, eulogised the congregant for keeping the faith alive. He thanked us for our support and understanding. He also used the opportunity to plead with us for not visiting for the past five years. He assured us of his prayers whereever he find himself. He told us he decided to mass with us that day because his spirit led him to do so. We clapped, we rose and some members even drop few tears of joy ----welcome back, our illustrious son

Yesterday went, and this morning came. I woke up feeling so gingered to court some support for my MR NL ambition and i was at it when the news struck me. Father Onfoyelu is dead. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttttttttt? How? When? Where?......my mouth went ajar

He and his younger brother, while returning to his base in akure, were shot and burnt up like plantain by deadly arm robbers on Ikare-Owo axis. They were shot, then burned.....why?

Am so sad, am so bereaved am so so so so down. Not that i have a personal reltionship with him, but i did have the greatest respect and regards for human life. I know its hard to call you all out to grief, but please learn from this. Our lives can be taken anymoment. Be it a pastor, a priest, an immaam, or anybody, no one knows wen his end will come. Only the good and holy things you did while alive willprecede you.

I love you all and i respect you all. Thank you for reading this.

R.I.P Rev Fr Onfoyelu. Nairaland bids You Farewell

3 Likes

Re: Grief With Me Ohh Nairalanders by winetapper: 10:11am On Jun 01, 2015

its touching bro.. But how e take concern your MR NL contest?
Re: Grief With Me Ohh Nairalanders by Nobody: 10:16am On Jun 01, 2015
Eeyaaaa....oya no contest again, u hear!
Re: Grief With Me Ohh Nairalanders by Nobody: 10:19am On Jun 01, 2015
sorry take heart he's in a better place
Re: Grief With Me Ohh Nairalanders by IamLEGEND1: 10:21am On Jun 01, 2015
i no read am

SUMMARY, ANYONE?

1 Like

Re: Grief With Me Ohh Nairalanders by ggrin(f): 10:24am On Jun 01, 2015
Ehya sad
Go for holiday opsad
Gboju for MR NLcry
Re: Grief With Me Ohh Nairalanders by SWAGGAVILLAGE(m): 10:33am On Jun 01, 2015
IamLEGEND1:
i no read am

SUMMARY, ANYONE?
e say him go church come back,d rev wey preach say dem burn am like plantain and shoot am..
Re: Grief With Me Ohh Nairalanders by Jayjay0(m): 10:39am On Jun 01, 2015
I didn't read it too...
help a brother summarise
Re: Grief With Me Ohh Nairalanders by dharay99: 10:41am On Jun 01, 2015
Midehi:
try to b emotionally sensible na. angry
Re: Grief With Me Ohh Nairalanders by dharay99: 10:44am On Jun 01, 2015
ggrin:
Ehya sad

Go for holiday opsad

Gboju for MR NLcry
#smd. lipsrsealed
Re: Grief With Me Ohh Nairalanders by sinizia: 10:49am On Jun 01, 2015
So sorry for your loss. But this sounded more than a robbery operation. Robbers don't kill a victim and still go ahead to burn them. This sounds more like an assassination.
Re: Grief With Me Ohh Nairalanders by ggrin(f): 10:51am On Jun 01, 2015
dharay99:

#smd. lipsrsealed
shake amu wellundecided
Re: Grief With Me Ohh Nairalanders by PMBlackett: 10:55am On Jun 01, 2015
Sorry about your loss bro. What a graphic and painful way to die.
Re: Grief With Me Ohh Nairalanders by Nobody: 10:57am On Jun 01, 2015
Bros..
sorry sir sad
Re: Grief With Me Ohh Nairalanders by MrTeymee(m): 11:15am On Jun 01, 2015
ggrin:
Ehya sad

Go for holiday opsad

Gboju for MR NLcry

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Grief With Me Ohh Nairalanders by dharay99: 11:15am On Jun 01, 2015
ggrin:
shake amu wellundecided
keep waiting 4me to...ok?
Re: Grief With Me Ohh Nairalanders by peeparty(m): 11:51am On Jun 01, 2015
Midehi:
lol una no dey try oo
Re: Grief With Me Ohh Nairalanders by peeparty(m): 11:53am On Jun 01, 2015
it well my brother
Re: Grief With Me Ohh Nairalanders by Aminat508(f): 11:56am On Jun 01, 2015
Pele scentmarlc embarassed
Re: Grief With Me Ohh Nairalanders by kinglekan: 12:49pm On Jun 01, 2015
ggrin:
Ehya sad
Go for holiday opsad
Gboju for MR NLcry
Ode undecided
Re: Grief With Me Ohh Nairalanders by kinglekan: 12:51pm On Jun 01, 2015
May his gentle soul rest in peace.
Re: Grief With Me Ohh Nairalanders by scentmarlc(m): 2:31pm On Jun 01, 2015
Aminat508:
Pele scentmarlc embarassed
aminatu oree mii. Aboo rii mii bayii. May God protect and guide us and all our family members.

Tanx for the heads up.
God bless
Re: Grief With Me Ohh Nairalanders by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jun 01, 2015
Sad one
May his soul rest in peace
Re: Grief With Me Ohh Nairalanders by Hurklan(m): 2:37pm On Jun 01, 2015
sorry for the loss bro
Re: Grief With Me Ohh Nairalanders by ademoladeji(m): 2:38pm On Jun 01, 2015
scentmarlc:
aminatu oree mii. Aboo rii mii bayii. May God protect and guide us and all our family members.

Tanx for the heads up.
God bless

Amen bro
Re: Grief With Me Ohh Nairalanders by scentmarlc(m): 7:18pm On Jun 01, 2015
ademoladeji:

Amen bro
amen ooo. Ku ise baby mii.
Success all the way for TeamScent oooo
Re: Grief With Me Ohh Nairalanders by scentmarlc(m): 7:18pm On Jun 01, 2015
ademoladeji:

Amen bro
amen ooo. Ku ise baby mii.
Success all the way for TeamScent oooo
Re: Grief With Me Ohh Nairalanders by scentmarlc(m): 7:41pm On Jun 01, 2015
winetapper:

its touching bro.. But how e take concern your MR NL contest?
winetapper winetapper winetapper....how many times did i call you? Oya drop dat wine calabash and listen again......

The bad news dampened my spirit. Even for a fact that he is a Rev Father angers my soul. I feel so empty within me.....coz if a man dat have refuse to do shokii for the whole of his life and has done traditional marriage with holy mary could be attacked, killed and burnt all because of money..............then what is my own fate. Me a chronic shokii exponent, die hard skelewu dancer, softselling rumour monger and a host of other vices in the my cabinet.

So i took time off my campaign on the awareness thread to reflect on how much of God i have allowed to direct my path? And i also created this thread to admonish you and all my friends on the volatilty and temporariness of our being. Always do good my brother, drink less palmwinegringringrin
Re: Grief With Me Ohh Nairalanders by scentmarlc(m): 7:45pm On Jun 01, 2015
Midehi:
Mmmmmmba, amaka why nahhh.

If i refuse to contest, den devil has won completely be dat. Am not a quitter. I believe in me and i am beckonin to you to believe in me. Will you?
Re: Grief With Me Ohh Nairalanders by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jun 01, 2015
scentmarlc:
Mmmmmmba, amaka why nahhh.

If i refuse to contest, den devil has won completely be dat. Am not a quitter. I believe in me and i am beckonin to you to believe in me. Will you?
better..thats the spirit, am behind you.
Re: Grief With Me Ohh Nairalanders by Prettyvhickie(f): 7:48pm On Jun 01, 2015
Ohh,what a painful thing.take heart bro,all is well
Re: Grief With Me Ohh Nairalanders by scentmarlc(m): 7:49pm On Jun 01, 2015
mistytohcute:
sorry take heart
he's in a better place
amen oooo. Thank you my lovly sister. Tanx so much **prostrates with my agbada**

Do yu know you can be of. Good support to me? How?

Be part of my strong and amiable campaign team on whatsapp. There yu get to meet fine and brilliant chaps you never knew existed sef. My team needs you....but na me need you passgringringrin

P:s My contact is on my signature for all to see. Add me up and you will know that "rere loluwa"gringringrin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Girl Slumped And Died After Being Dropped Off / 2023 Presidency: Amaechi Gives Reasons He’s More Qualified Than Tinubu, Atiku, W / Meet The Man Who Sued Guinness World Record For Giving Him An Award.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.