Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,306 members, 7,836,332 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

Dissecting The Blunder In Buhari I Belong To Everybody Speech-ifeduba - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dissecting The Blunder In Buhari I Belong To Everybody Speech-ifeduba (1348 Views)

Buhari: I Felt Like Absconding When I Assumed Office / RE: Understanding Buhari In 100 Days, Dissecting Garba Shehu's Deceptive Piece / Buhari Commits Another Blunder In USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dissecting The Blunder In Buhari I Belong To Everybody Speech-ifeduba by ifedubatoochukw: 12:03pm On Jun 01, 2015
President Buhari on the 29th of May 2015 during his swearing in ceremony uttered this controversial speech that have continued to generate a lot of issues and debates from various quarters as a political Analyst we shall closely study the implication of the said speech and what it portrays for the people of Nigeria ..

Extract of the Presidential speech

***Having just a few minutes ago sworn on the Holy Book, I intend to keep my oath and serve as President to all Nigerians.
I belong to everybody and I belong to nobody.
A few people have privately voiced fears that on coming back to office I shall go after them. These fears are groundless. There will be no paying off old scores. The past is prologue******

Implications
The unsavory speech by President Buhari is a direct contradiction to the oath of office he just took few minute before then. there is no grammar as to where the allegiance of the President of Nigeria belongs it is clearly spelled out in both the Presidential oath of office and the Nigeria constitution.

President Buhari does not belong to everybody and Nobody there is no argument here or confusion He Belongs to THE GOVERNMENT AND PEOPLE OF NIGERIA in fact he ceased to be an Independent man the moment he took that presidential oath and automatically become the servant of the people and must be held accountable in words and action from that very moment thereof

Below is the Presidential Oath of Office for the President and commander in Chief of Nigeria Armed Forces;

" The Constitution of Nigeria specifies an oath of office for the President of the federation. The oath is administered by the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Nigeria or the person for the time being appointed to exercise the functions of that office:

“ I do solemnly swear/affirm that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to the Federal Republic of Nigeria; that as President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, I will discharge my duties to the best of my ability, faithfully and in accordance with the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and the law, and always in the interest of the sovereignty, integrity, solidarity, well-being and prosperity of the Federal Republic of Nigeria; that I will strive to preserve the Fundamental Objectives and Directive Principles of State Policy contained in the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria; that I will not allow my personal interest to influence my official conduct or my official decisions; that I will to the best of my ability preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria; that I will abide by the Code of Conduct contained in the Fifth Schedule to the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria; that in all circumstances, I will do right to all manner of people, according to law, without fear or favour, affection or ill-will; that I will not directly or indirectly communicate or reveal to any person any matter which shall be brought under my consideration or shall become known to me as President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, except as may be required for the due discharge of my duties as President;AND THAT I WILL DEVOTE MYSELF TO THE SERVICE AND WELL -BEING OF THE PEOPLE OF NIGERIA. So help me God.

IFEDUBA THANKGOD T ( A political Analyst writes in From Anambra state)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dissecting The Blunder In Buhari I Belong To Everybody Speech-ifeduba by Mogidi: 12:04pm On Jun 01, 2015
"I belong to everybody and I belong to nobody"

My first thought was Tinubu, I mean after all his investment came this warning from Buhari.

It was a sad day for the Asiwaju of corruption.

1 Like

Re: Dissecting The Blunder In Buhari I Belong To Everybody Speech-ifeduba by Rapmoney(m): 12:07pm On Jun 01, 2015
Op, what do you expect from a Daura illiterate?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dissecting The Blunder In Buhari I Belong To Everybody Speech-ifeduba by Idrismusty97(m): 12:12pm On Jun 01, 2015
The Biafra Defence minister still put up his sponge bob picture at the end of this horseshît article. The guy who thinks he knows more than a five star military general that had commanded troops and infantries...Stop forming analyst and go get yourself a job!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dissecting The Blunder In Buhari I Belong To Everybody Speech-ifeduba by doctokwus: 12:16pm On Jun 01, 2015
This your nauseating way of putting up your picture after your childish write-ups is becoming unbecoming.
Do we have to suffer you and your poo analysis at d same time?Pls grow up!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dissecting The Blunder In Buhari I Belong To Everybody Speech-ifeduba by Idrismusty97(m): 12:20pm On Jun 01, 2015
doctokwus:
This your nauseating way of putting up your picture after your childish write-ups is becoming unbecoming.
As if the horseshit isn't enough he would top it up with some cartoon picture.

4 Likes

Re: Dissecting The Blunder In Buhari I Belong To Everybody Speech-ifeduba by QuotaSystem: 12:24pm On Jun 01, 2015
ifedubatoochukw:
[s]President Buhari on the 29th of May 2015 during his swearing in ceremony uttered this controversial speech that have continued to generate a lot of issues and debates from various quarters as a political Analyst we shall closely study the implication of the said speech and what it portrays for the people of Nigeria ..

***Having just a few minutes ago sworn on the Holy Book, I intend to keep my oath and serve as President to all Nigerians.
A few people have privately voiced fears that on coming back to office I shall go after them. These fears are groundless. There will be no paying off old scores. The past is prologue******

Implications
The unsavory speech by President Buhari is a direct contradiction to the oath of office he just took few minute before then. there is no grammar as to where the allegiance of the President of Nigeria belongs it is clearly spelled out in both the Presidential oath of office and the Nigeria constitution.

President Buhari does not belong to everybody and Nobody there is no argument here or confusion He Belongs to THE GOVERNMENT AND PEOPLE OF NIGERIA in fact he ceased to be an Independent man the moment he took that presidential oath and automatically become the servant of the people and must be held accountable in words and action from that very moment thereof

Below is the Presidential Oath of Office for the President and commander in Chief of Nigeria Armed Forces;

" The Constitution of Nigeria specifies an oath of office for the President of the federation. The oath is administered by the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Nigeria or the person for the time being appointed to exercise the functions of that office:

“ I do solemnly swear/affirm that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to the Federal Republic of Nigeria; that as President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, I will discharge my duties to the best of my ability, faithfully and in accordance with the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and the law, and always in the interest of the sovereignty, integrity, solidarity, well-being and prosperity of the Federal Republic of Nigeria; that I will strive to preserve the Fundamental Objectives and Directive Principles of State Policy contained in the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria; that I will not allow my personal interest to influence my official conduct or my official decisions; that I will to the best of my ability preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria; that I will abide by the Code of Conduct contained in the Fifth Schedule to the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria; that in all circumstances, I will do right to all manner of people, according to law, without fear or favour, affection or ill-will; that I will not directly or indirectly communicate or reveal to any person any matter which shall be brought under my consideration or shall become known to me as President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, except as may be required for the due discharge of my duties as President;AND THAT I WILL DEVOTE MYSELF TO THE SERVICE AND WELL -BEING OF THE PEOPLE OF NIGERIA. So help me God. [/s]

You're just an idle illiterate.

Definition of DEVOTE in English:
verb

[WITH OBJECT]
1 (devote something to) Give all or most of one’s time or resources to (a person or activity):
I wanted to devote more time to my family
she devoted herself to fundraising

Definition of BELONG in English:
verb

[NO OBJECT]
1. (belong to) Be the property of:
the vehicle did not belong to him

2. [WITH ADVERBIAL OF PLACE] (Of a thing) be rightly placed in a specified position:
he put the rifle back in the locker where it belonged
such statements do not belong in a modern student textbook.

Explain how Buhari is a property of or is 'placed' in Nigeria. ('Placed' in the right context as elucidated above)

6 Likes

Re: Dissecting The Blunder In Buhari I Belong To Everybody Speech-ifeduba by ElekeNtioba: 12:27pm On Jun 01, 2015
OP pls ignore these cretins. The majority of them are from a tribe known to hate the pple they feel inferior to.

As for ur post; Yes, he shouldnt have said it since the constitution is already clear on the subject. But i think he added dat to answer critics who believe his vitory was bought and paid for by the bigwigs and corrupt elite of the society. It's intended to reassure the populace as to his sincerity. Whether he will stand by his words is another issue entirely but i dont think he's entirely out of place. It's a good confidence-building strategy.

Keep the analysis coming, dont let these cowardly douchebags deter you.

1 Like

Re: Dissecting The Blunder In Buhari I Belong To Everybody Speech-ifeduba by genearts(m): 12:28pm On Jun 01, 2015
This e.diot again.....

5 Likes

Re: Dissecting The Blunder In Buhari I Belong To Everybody Speech-ifeduba by Shortyy(f): 12:28pm On Jun 01, 2015
*snoring
Re: Dissecting The Blunder In Buhari I Belong To Everybody Speech-ifeduba by QuotaSystem: 12:32pm On Jun 01, 2015
Dp
Re: Dissecting The Blunder In Buhari I Belong To Everybody Speech-ifeduba by ElekeNtioba: 12:37pm On Jun 01, 2015
doctokwus:

whats up with moaning over the picture. Is that ur idea of avoiding the issue he raised??
Re: Dissecting The Blunder In Buhari I Belong To Everybody Speech-ifeduba by doctokwus: 12:42pm On Jun 01, 2015
ElekeNtioba:

whats up with moaning over the picture. Is that ur idea of avoiding the issue he raised??
Which issue did he raise?When he raises a sensible issue it would be thrashed out,not when he continues to make a fool of himself in the name of analysis.

6 Likes

Re: Dissecting The Blunder In Buhari I Belong To Everybody Speech-ifeduba by ElekeNtioba: 12:44pm On Jun 01, 2015
Idrismusty97:
The Biafra Defence minister still put up his sponge bob picture at the end of this horseshît article. The guy who thinks he knows more than a five star military general that had commanded troops and infantries...Stop forming analyst and go get yourself a job!

ur tin god was marched out of office like a primary school pupil just because his deputy wasnt around. That says a lot abt his accomplishments.

Why dont u try coming up with a rebuttal to his post lets see the extent of ur intelligence.

1 Like

Re: Dissecting The Blunder In Buhari I Belong To Everybody Speech-ifeduba by Beremx(f): 12:55pm On Jun 01, 2015
Are you now the Igbo version of Musiwa who puts up his picture after creating a useless topic?

5 Likes

Re: Dissecting The Blunder In Buhari I Belong To Everybody Speech-ifeduba by WildChild00(m): 1:03pm On Jun 01, 2015
doctokwus:

Which issue did he raise?When he raises a sensible issue it would be thrashed out,not when he continues to make a fool of himself in the name of analysis.

Christopher Okwudili take time.
Re: Dissecting The Blunder In Buhari I Belong To Everybody Speech-ifeduba by Onajevwe(m): 1:06pm On Jun 01, 2015
I see nothing wrong with what Buhari said, nothing at all.
Re: Dissecting The Blunder In Buhari I Belong To Everybody Speech-ifeduba by ElekeNtioba: 1:12pm On Jun 01, 2015
doctokwus:

how can you see it when ur mind is blinded by bigotry.

You had d choice of leaving the thread and not read the 'poo analysis' bt u chose to make an entirely nonsensical comment.

1 Like

Re: Dissecting The Blunder In Buhari I Belong To Everybody Speech-ifeduba by doctokwus: 1:16pm On Jun 01, 2015
Onajevwe:
I see nothing wrong with what Buhari said, nothing at all.
I wonder y d guy refuses to have sense.Buhari is likely to err along d way,that's when u sit down, make a thorough research and do a detailed post pointing out d flaws.
Not this stupidity of picking out mundane items in his summarized speech when d broader details and detailed mode of implementing them are yet to be fully made known.

1 Like

Re: Dissecting The Blunder In Buhari I Belong To Everybody Speech-ifeduba by SHARIAREPORTERS: 1:20pm On Jun 01, 2015
I belong to everybody(nigerians) and am for nobody(tinubu) Tinubu just lost an investment May kun of hart attack Lol
Re: Dissecting The Blunder In Buhari I Belong To Everybody Speech-ifeduba by MugabeRobert: 1:31pm On Jun 01, 2015
This down syndrome attention seeking toad. Barcanista wannabe.

3 Likes

Re: Dissecting The Blunder In Buhari I Belong To Everybody Speech-ifeduba by Pangea: 1:39pm On Jun 01, 2015
[s]
ifedubatoochukw:
President Buhari on the 29th of May 2015 during his swearing in ceremony uttered this controversial speech that have continued to generate a lot of issues and debates from various quarters as a political Analyst we shall closely study the implication of the said speech and what it portrays for the people of Nigeria ..

Implications

“ I do solemnly swear/affirm that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to the Federal Republic of Nigeria; that as President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, I will discharge my duties to the best of my ability, faithfully and in accordance with the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and the law, and always in the interest of the sovereignty, integrity, solidarity, well-being and prosperity of the Federal Republic of Nigeria; that I will strive to preserve the Fundamental Objectives and Directive Principles of State Policy contained in the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria; that I will not allow my personal interest to influence my official conduct or my official decisions; that I will to the best of my ability preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria; that I will abide by the Code of Conduct contained in the Fifth Schedule to the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria; that in all circumstances, I will do right to all manner of people, according to law, without fear or favour, affection or ill-will; that I will not directly or indirectly communicate or reveal to any person any matter which shall be brought under my consideration or shall become known to me as President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, except as may be required for the due discharge of my duties as President;AND THAT I WILL DEVOTE MYSELF TO THE SERVICE AND WELL -BEING OF THE PEOPLE OF NIGERIA. So help me God.

[/s]

We understood the man clearly
We don't need your kindergarten twisting of words to explain the message that was succinctly expressed.
Thank you
P.s
Are you the hungry looking man in the picture?
Re: Dissecting The Blunder In Buhari I Belong To Everybody Speech-ifeduba by heneversleep: 1:40pm On Jun 01, 2015
OP, why are you making a mountain out of a mole hill. PMB statement was for the good and betterment of all Nigerians, I see nothing worth analysing, you even went as far as quoting a section of the constitution, for what please? Will you keep quoting and criticizing every one of his statements just because you want to play opposition? Playing oppostion is healthy for our politics in order to checkmates their governance and keeping them on their toes but not with this one you are doing bikoo.
Re: Dissecting The Blunder In Buhari I Belong To Everybody Speech-ifeduba by garrix8: 1:41pm On Jun 01, 2015
Who is this tadpole that calls himself a Political Analyst?

Your write up is idiotic to say the least. Your IQ is far less than that of a deranged maggot.

*Spits on the thread*
Re: Dissecting The Blunder In Buhari I Belong To Everybody Speech-ifeduba by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:57pm On Jun 01, 2015
The politics section is losing its "glory." I'm disturbed. I hardly comment these days.
Re: Dissecting The Blunder In Buhari I Belong To Everybody Speech-ifeduba by phyllosilicate(m): 2:00pm On Jun 01, 2015
See your Big H.EAD grin grin grin
Re: Dissecting The Blunder In Buhari I Belong To Everybody Speech-ifeduba by AWONEYAN(m): 2:01pm On Jun 01, 2015
Who is dis self seeking slowpoke sef?
Who made you a political analyst? Your analysis is blinded by your tribalistic view,
Simple statement that is self explanatory, you are trying to make useless analysis of it.
Why don't you analyse statements like "how much did Nwobodo stole by Gej, or I don't give a damn or America will know....or you just develop this your passion to be a political analyst on friday May 29th after PMB was sworn in....the fact that you even put your picture indicates you want a cheap popularity.
Pls go get a job dude
Re: Dissecting The Blunder In Buhari I Belong To Everybody Speech-ifeduba by solid3(m): 2:04pm On Jun 01, 2015
You are a wonda fool Biafra agitator. Keep it up, you may just be invited to Channels TV one day.
Re: Dissecting The Blunder In Buhari I Belong To Everybody Speech-ifeduba by omicron(m): 2:18pm On Jun 01, 2015
Stopped reading after the 4th paragraph, when it became clear OP lacks comprehension of English.

What PMB said simply means he does not belong to anybody [in particular] but belongs to everybody [in general]. It is a form of oxymoron, much like saying a "loud silence". (And you ask, 'how can silence be loud').

The figurative meaning of his statement is also deeper than its literal meaning. It is this figurative meaning that will serve as warning to someone like Tinubu, while bringing hope and joy to the everyday Nigerian.

The OP's arguments are respected, but they are also collectively an exercise in futility.

A childish interpretation of a wise saying.
Re: Dissecting The Blunder In Buhari I Belong To Everybody Speech-ifeduba by aresa: 2:21pm On Jun 01, 2015
How hard is it to figure out the phrase I don't belong to just one person, I belong to every Nigerian?.

Such is expected from ignorant, bitter, angry and annoying villagers anyways... It's their portion in life...
Re: Dissecting The Blunder In Buhari I Belong To Everybody Speech-ifeduba by solid3(m): 2:23pm On Jun 01, 2015
ifedubatoochukw:

Implications

Young man, your analysis is misleading. Anyone who have a full understanding of the position PMB now occupies would appreciate that assertive statement.

This has been before the swearing in buttressed by PMB's rejection of list for ministerial nominee from governors.

Do you remember when OBJ would always call Aso Rock to instruct Late President Musa Yar'adua? Simply because OBJ played a key role in his ascension to that position. In this case Bola Tinubu and the likes of Atiku and some others who are political big wigs.

As a political analyst you self acclaimed, what do you understand by the term defacto President?

BTW, that shirt u putting on seem like one of those N700 shirt sold in Onitsha New Market.

Pls in ur next write up and signature photo, try appear in a white shirt, red tie and maybe a black suit if you can afford it. wink
Re: Dissecting The Blunder In Buhari I Belong To Everybody Speech-ifeduba by SLIDEwaxie(m): 2:32pm On Jun 01, 2015
political analyst abi wetin u pride urself....I be confirm dunce.

you said the guy was not right to say "I belong to everybody" because he belong to "all Nigerians"...

I dnt get it, are you not just saying the same thing?

the guy said he belongs to all Nigerians and you're still writing rubbish and slapping ur eye sore pix everywhere!!!!

lol...

this guy...if u need job as a political attack dog, u don dey spoil your CV with this senseless write ups. but sha, if we take style look at e-rats from PDP angle, starting from their forefather, beaf, to their father, sincer9gerian, and their sons, mogidi, barcaniata, seven up abi wetin be his name, truck pusher and one with botanical name wey resemble oesophagus, u go see say na people without sense. them be like programmed robot
their argument dey fall on the rock...e no dey germinate at all. senseless all over.

and see you, una don start...

no wahala...na gift

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ibadan Again: Police Uncover Fake Currency Factory In Ibadan / Wike Is On Rhythm fm port harcourt. / 2016 Edo Guber: I’ll Anoint Next Governor, Says Lucky Igbinedion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.