Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,742 members, 7,809,837 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:44 PM

Buhari: I Felt Like Absconding When I Assumed Office - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: I Felt Like Absconding When I Assumed Office (37754 Views)

I Saw Unbelievable Things When I Assumed Office – President Buhari / Breaking:- Compol Ibrahim Lamorde Assumed Office At Psfu / 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari: I Felt Like Absconding When I Assumed Office by ijebuloaded(m): 3:52pm On Nov 03, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari says he felt like “absconding” after seeing the enormity of the challenges facing the country when he assumed office in May 2015.

He was speaking on Thursday during a parley with participants of the Senior Executive Course 38 of the National Institute for Policy and Strategic Studies (NIPPS) at the state house in Abuja.

He again blamed the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for Nigeria’s economic woes.

Buhari said: “For 16 years and eight consecutive governments of the other party… there was unprecedented revenue realised, the oil projection which can be verified was 2.1 million barrels per day. From 1999-2015 the average cost of each Nigerian barrel of oil was $100 per barrel.

“When we came it fell to less than $30 per barrel and is now between 40 and 50. Actually I felt like absconding because 27 out of 36 states in Nigeria cannot pay salaries and and we know they have no other source than to depend on salaries.

“And I asked any savings? I was told there were no savings. And I asked what have you done on agriculture, power, rails, roads? Nothing. You know more than I do because you move around. I have not been moving around since after elections but you do. How many of the Trunk A (federal) roads are still good enough?

“How much power do we have although there are some elements of sabotage. I was told the money was users to import food and fuel. I didn’t believe the answer and I still don’t believe it. Until now substantial number of people in the east eat garri and groundnut, in the west pounded yam, cassava, vegetables, in the north tuwo which is made from any of the grains, millet, sorghum. They eat it in the night and warm it in the morning and eat it and take fura dinunu in the afternoon. How many of those people can afford foreign food?

“Then they said I should check out the petroleum sector. The legislature dedicated 445,000 barrels per day to the refineries and that is just 60 per cent of our requirements.

“I said OK, what of the 40 per cent? The marketers that are bringing it just present documents, papers are just stamped and monies are taken away. This is the type of things that the Nigerian elites are doing for our own country. When you go back look at your colleagues and encourage them to be truly Nigerians.”

https://www.thecable.ng/buhari-felt-like-absconding-assumed-office

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I Felt Like Absconding When I Assumed Office by INTROVERT(f): 3:55pm On Nov 03, 2016
grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Felt Like Absconding When I Assumed Office by sleazy5(m): 3:58pm On Nov 03, 2016
I felt like absconding when I opened this thread. undecided undecided undecided undecided

249 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Felt Like Absconding When I Assumed Office by omamush(f): 4:01pm On Nov 03, 2016
still blaming the past administration.. don't worry we will make sure u abscond come 2019undecided

336 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Felt Like Absconding When I Assumed Office by IVORY2009(m): 4:01pm On Nov 03, 2016
INTROVERT:
grin
Close ur teeth, young woman!

9 Likes

Re: Buhari: I Felt Like Absconding When I Assumed Office by Agbaletu: 4:02pm On Nov 03, 2016
Ok we have heard you Baba.
I still think that you can still abscond.

137 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Felt Like Absconding When I Assumed Office by plainol(m): 4:04pm On Nov 03, 2016
I now see the reason for this man's incessant travel.

209 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Felt Like Absconding When I Assumed Office by talktonase(m): 4:05pm On Nov 03, 2016
Bubu i understand your plight! You have good intentions but the aides you have surrounded your self with are not having the same train of thought with you coupled with the fact that many Nigerians do not have the patience to endure this policies you have for another 3yrs...We need a miracle in this country!

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Felt Like Absconding When I Assumed Office by PentiumProf: 4:06pm On Nov 03, 2016
Bokoharis revelation shows how clueless and brainless he is

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Felt Like Absconding When I Assumed Office by mazimee(m): 4:07pm On Nov 03, 2016
After contesting for the president for 3 times you felt like absconding. A responsible leader should have prepared himself with that space of time . The Daura born cattle rearer can never manage anything outside his cows.

He should get away already, his presence is suffocating Nigerians

107 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Felt Like Absconding When I Assumed Office by IVORY2009(m): 4:08pm On Nov 03, 2016
This baba Buhari self, na real wa' for am, u mean wen you were campaigning for the number one office, you never did a research on how the economy of Nigeria is, before you accepted the normination frm ur party, no wonder things are the way it is now, and u promised heaven and earth to the people wen campigning.

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Felt Like Absconding When I Assumed Office by RZArecta(m): 4:08pm On Nov 03, 2016
Please just abscond sir, Nigerians are tired of you and your inept govt. What we hear everyday is tales of sorrow "for this Buhari govt" you brought recession two separate times to Nigeria which is a shameful record

94 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Felt Like Absconding When I Assumed Office by psucc(m): 4:09pm On Nov 03, 2016
I don't know who advised you against that.
It would have saved Nigerians the pains they are going through now.

74 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I Felt Like Absconding When I Assumed Office by Adiola(f): 4:09pm On Nov 03, 2016
Mumu president foolish man at74 abscond oloshi terrorist sponsor barawo nonsense u never see anything by DEC u go lean more

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Felt Like Absconding When I Assumed Office by chemicalDisease: 4:10pm On Nov 03, 2016
Am coming and going.

wait!
Re: Buhari: I Felt Like Absconding When I Assumed Office by ificatchmodeh: 4:10pm On Nov 03, 2016
Bubu know fall hand oh..
After all this your contesting..contesting...you see matters you wan gbese..

Ok..o..

Na why we dey recession be this..

Daura and Kyari..carry. Go..

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Felt Like Absconding When I Assumed Office by talktonase(m): 4:11pm On Nov 03, 2016
sleazy5:
I felt like absconding when I opened this thread. undecided undecided undecided undecided
But you didn't and you ended up making a comment...Allow bubu make him drop him own comment in the next 3yrs.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari: I Felt Like Absconding When I Assumed Office by Splinz(m): 4:17pm On Nov 03, 2016
How can you for many years cried and weep to be the President of Nigeria without first understanding the office?

Now it's been confirmed. Zombies voted a dunce into office. SMH

84 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Felt Like Absconding When I Assumed Office by Dreal11247: 4:23pm On Nov 03, 2016
That means Mr President didn't bargain for what he met hence, all promises cancelled.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I Felt Like Absconding When I Assumed Office by mars123(m): 4:25pm On Nov 03, 2016
Buhari at least you have started the fight and if successive governments continue to increase the tempo we will go far. Now, there is hope for the future.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I Felt Like Absconding When I Assumed Office by talktrue1(m): 4:41pm On Nov 03, 2016
But he knew of all these problems and campaigned with it and was voted to right the wrongs.
Why is he sounding as if he just knew of the problem when he got into power?

10 Likes

Re: Buhari: I Felt Like Absconding When I Assumed Office by lovat(m): 4:48pm On Nov 03, 2016
If only this dullardd absconded we won't be in this quagmire

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Felt Like Absconding When I Assumed Office by lovat(m): 4:48pm On Nov 03, 2016
IVORY2009:
This baba Buhari self, na real wa' for am, u mean wen you were campaigning for the number one office, you never did a research on how the economy of Nigeria is, before you accepted the normination frm ur party, no wonder things are the way it is now, and u promised heaven and earth to the people wen campigning.
Buhari was Never ready for governance

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I Felt Like Absconding When I Assumed Office by ItsawrapOutfit: 4:51pm On Nov 03, 2016
It is not too late. We thought you had the roadmap to transforming Nigeria, reason we campaigned and voted for you "Oga Ade" but it is obvious you just wanted to sleep on a bed in Aso rock villa.

Please return my vote abegi, enough harm done already. Naira is becoming useless by the second.

Come 2019, my household and I may be voting for KOWA undecided

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Felt Like Absconding When I Assumed Office by misspicy(f): 4:51pm On Nov 03, 2016
It is not too late,please abscond so Nigerians can have peace of mind and this country to be great again

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I Felt Like Absconding When I Assumed Office by MightyThor(m): 4:52pm On Nov 03, 2016
hum

APC never really had any plans for Governance, they just wanted to grab power.

Even the power grabbing self they were not sure that they will get so easily from GEJ.

Back to Buhari, well you are there now like it or not just deliver what you can and we shall do what we can come 2019.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari: I Felt Like Absconding When I Assumed Office by Donlamzy(m): 4:52pm On Nov 03, 2016
Why not??

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I Felt Like Absconding When I Assumed Office by mmsen: 4:52pm On Nov 03, 2016
Please abscond and return to Futa Djallon.

Thank you.

17 Likes

Re: Buhari: I Felt Like Absconding When I Assumed Office by Nobody: 4:53pm On Nov 03, 2016
u CAN LIE FOR SATAN

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I Felt Like Absconding When I Assumed Office by computer0810(m): 4:53pm On Nov 03, 2016
i believe he knows Obasanjo who comes to visit him and laugh with him used 8years from that 16years of misrule and am sure most ppl did not read the full story or maybe is the ipob that has been wailing as usual..........

10 Likes

Re: Buhari: I Felt Like Absconding When I Assumed Office by BCISLTD: 4:54pm On Nov 03, 2016
This is what happens when you don't have a PR team behind u..he needs someone to guide him when answering questions...

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: I Felt Like Absconding When I Assumed Office by Nobody: 4:54pm On Nov 03, 2016
grin

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Emmanuel Uduaghan Campaigns With Underage Kids / "Why We Wish Our Presidents Dead" - Abimbola Adelakun / Haruna Tambuwal Is Dead! Aminu Tambuwal's Father Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.