Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,231 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

What Is The Name Of This Creature ? Is It A Baby Snake? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / What Is The Name Of This Creature ? Is It A Baby Snake? (2147 Views)

Woman Finds Strange Snake-like Creature In Her Garden / What's The Name Of This Creature / A Leopard-Like Creature Killed In A Public School In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Name Of This Creature ? Is It A Baby Snake? by asumo12: 2:39pm On Jun 01, 2015
Found this fascinating little creature on the floor in my little farm! It was having no success getting any grip on the cemented floor, and was just writhing on the spot.

My wife immediately identified it as a "pooran" and said that they are quite common in rainy season. As ever, my camera batteries let me down (damn: these ones are supposed to hold their charge when not used) so I had to use the phone. It would not keep still, but I still managed a look with the 2x lens.

--- no legs at all that I could see

--- it has eyes, which can be seen catching the flash, unlike any c/m-pede I ever saw.

What did u think? Agree with me that it is a young snake? Is it possible to identify (err... just brown) at this age?

image was before/After killing!

cc Sijo01

Re: What Is The Name Of This Creature ? Is It A Baby Snake? by winetapper: 2:40pm On Jun 01, 2015
lets call it Lizzy Baby grin
Re: What Is The Name Of This Creature ? Is It A Baby Snake? by Nairalander01: 2:41pm On Jun 01, 2015
that's a worm
Re: What Is The Name Of This Creature ? Is It A Baby Snake? by Truth24(m): 2:42pm On Jun 01, 2015
Nairalander01:
that's a worm
A big one at that..lol
Re: What Is The Name Of This Creature ? Is It A Baby Snake? by asumo12: 2:45pm On Jun 01, 2015
no sire is not a warm! after striking it with shovel was still alive till i use a stone!!!

Nairalander01:
that's a worm

i disagree strongly i have a video of "it" will upload if possible!
Re: What Is The Name Of This Creature ? Is It A Baby Snake? by Begonia(m): 3:17pm On Jun 01, 2015
Isn't that an earthworm?

You could have just sprinkled salt on it.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Creature ? Is It A Baby Snake? by Nairalander01: 4:15pm On Jun 01, 2015
asumo12:
no sire is not a warm! after striking it with shovel was still alive till i use a stone!!!

i disagree strongly i have a video of "it" will upload if possible!

This is an excerpt from an article on wikipedia. Note that earth warms can vary in size.

Earth warm

An earthworm is a tube-shaped, segmented worm
found in the phylum Annelida. They are commonly
found living in soil, feeding on live and dead organic
matter. Its digestive system runs through the length of
its body. It conducts respiration through its skin. An
earthworm has a double transport system composed of
coelomic fluid that moves within the fluid-filled coelom
and a simple, closed blood circulatory system. It has a
central and a peripheral nervous system. The central
nervous system consists of two ganglia above the
mouth, one on either side, connected to a nerve cord
running back along its length to motor neurons and
sensory cells in each segment. Large numbers of
chemoreceptors are concentrated near its mouth.
Circumferential and longitudinal muscles on the
periphery of each segment enable the worm to move.
Similar sets of muscles line the gut, and their actions
move the digesting food toward the worm's anus.
An earthworm is a tube-shaped, segmented worm
found in the phylum Annelida. They are commonly
found living in soil, feeding on live and dead organic
matter. Its digestive system runs through the length of
its body. It conducts respiration through its skin. An
earthworm has a double transport system composed of
coelomic fluid that moves within the fluid-filled coelom
and a simple, closed blood circulatory system. It has a
central and a peripheral nervous system. The central
nervous system consists of two ganglia above the
mouth, one on either side, connected to a nerve cord
running back along its length to motor neurons and
sensory cells in each segment. Large numbers of
chemoreceptors are concentrated near its mouth.
Circumferential and longitudinal muscles on the
periphery of each segment enable the worm to move.
Similar sets of muscles line the gut, and their actions
move the digesting food toward the worm's anus.

Re: What Is The Name Of This Creature ? Is It A Baby Snake? by Nairalander01: 4:28pm On Jun 01, 2015
winetapper:
lets call it Lizzy Baby grin
funny you, too much of Nkoli nwa nsukka

(1) (Reply)

Total Life Changes....08034308587 / How Can I Make My Doe(she Goat) Stay Or Come Home Often, Any Helpful Tips Pls? / Hybrid Pineapple Seedlings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.