Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,790 members, 7,831,554 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

Your Opinion On A Child's Bad Handwriting... - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Your Opinion On A Child's Bad Handwriting... (1134 Views)

Know Your Personality By Your Handwriting / Is Adopting A Child Bad? / Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Opinion On A Child's Bad Handwriting... by amokeme(f): 5:37pm On Jun 01, 2015
Am really curious about this. What could be the cause or who is to "blame"? Is it the child, the primary school (and by this I mean, the teachers who taught us writing) or could it be hereditary?

I remember growing up as a kid my parents especially my dad, were so worried about my writing... They had to hire a home teacher specially for that purpose.. My improvement was really slow. I had to tell him one day that "daddy your writing is not fine too but my mummy is still nice to you" my mum had a good laugh that day. He apologise for being hard on me about it.. And the pressure reduced .
But i really want to know what is responsible for this

Ps- created this same topic before, but I didn't get a lot of opinions. Hope to get that on this section.

Cc- RoyalRoy
Re: Your Opinion On A Child's Bad Handwriting... by Adamsdelrio(m): 5:53pm On Jun 01, 2015
Forcing a child to change his/her handwriting will not help much. Children prefer to change their handwriting in due time by themselves. Most of the children I have seen with bad handwriting are usually very intelligent. Research carried out by some scientists revealed that children with bad handwriting always seem to perform well in school because they always have so much to write and the eagerness to put into writing what is in their heads make them not to write well. Those children that are less intelligent don't have much to put down so they always have time to design their handwriting to make it look good.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Opinion On A Child's Bad Handwriting... by ceeteed(m): 6:00pm On Jun 01, 2015
amokeme:
Am really curious about this. What could be the cause or who is to "blame"? Is it the child, the primary school (and by this I mean, the teachers who taught us writing) or could it be hereditary?

I remember growing up as a kid my parents especially my dad, were so worried about my writing... They had to hire a home teacher specially for that purpose.. My improvement was really slow. I had to tell him one day that "daddy your writing is not fine too but my mummy is still nice to you" my mum had a good laugh that day. He apologise for being hard on me about it.. And the pressure reduced .
But i really want to know what is responsible for this

Ps- created this same topic before, but I didn't get a lot of opinions. Hope to get that on this section.

My research on this topic made me to know that children with scrawly handwriting are really not laggards and are usually well above average.

The reason for this not too beautiful handwriting was as a result of the fact that their brain output is far ahead of the hand activity hence the scrawly nature of the writing.

What to do with such a child is to encourage him to step up his conscious effort at aligning his thinking to tally with his writing so as to be able to produce close enough to ideal writing.

1 Like

Re: Your Opinion On A Child's Bad Handwriting... by Tashaamania(f): 6:00pm On Jun 01, 2015
Theres no cause for bad writing. It improves with time or not and it has no effect whatsoever except in a case where the examiner or whoever is reading the piece finds it difficult to comprehend.
One of the best in my class has the writing that looks like where a fowl digs the ground.. grin

1 Like

Re: Your Opinion On A Child's Bad Handwriting... by netotse(m): 6:02pm On Jun 01, 2015
@OP
Legibility is the key thing, not everyone will be able to write beautifully.(Yes I'm consoling myself grin tongue)
Re: Your Opinion On A Child's Bad Handwriting... by amokeme(f): 6:14pm On Jun 01, 2015
netotse:
@OP
Legibility is the key thing, not everyone will be able to write beautifully.(Yes I'm consoling myself grin tongue)
I understand you smiley

@adamsdelrio- I agree with you.. Forcing a child to change his or her writing doesn't help at all. It didn't help me and I've not heard of any success story as regards that.

Tashaamania:
Theres no cause for bad writing. It improves with time or not and it has no effect whatsoever except in a case where the examiner or whoever is reading the piece finds it difficult to comprehend.
One of the best in my class has the writing that looks like where a fowl digs the ground.. grin
mine didn't improve, it just got clearer with time. And some examiner can be discouraged by bad writing. It was really challenging when I was in JSS.
Re: Your Opinion On A Child's Bad Handwriting... by SAMBARRY: 7:00pm On Jun 01, 2015
Gbam that is it
Adamsdelrio:
Forcing a child to change his/her handwriting will not help much. Children prefer to change their handwriting in due time by themselves. Most of the children I have seen with bad handwriting are usually very intelligent. Research carried out by some scientists revealed that children with bad handwriting always seem to perform well in school because they always have so much to write and the eagerness to put into writing what is in their heads make them not to write well. Those children that are less intelligent don't have much to put down so they always have time to design their handwriting to make it look good.
Re: Your Opinion On A Child's Bad Handwriting... by phlamesG: 7:00pm On Jun 01, 2015
Tashaamania:
muah nice dp wink
Re: Your Opinion On A Child's Bad Handwriting... by Ewuro4: 7:03pm On Jun 01, 2015
netotse:
@OP

I believe so too. As long as the teacher understands his writing then no cause for alarm. All the university papers & final projects are typed anyway.

My father used to criticize my brother's handwriting back in the days, when he came down here and his doctor handed him his prescription paper that he could barely read , then he knew kaki no be leather.

My daughter writes exactly like my brother and she calls it 'handwriting' undecided I always had to ask her to read her work out loud to me. I studied handwriting to be able to read some of her papers now.
Re: Your Opinion On A Child's Bad Handwriting... by dapyd1(m): 7:09pm On Jun 01, 2015
Re: Your Opinion On A Child's Bad Handwriting... by TheRealAdonye(m): 7:20pm On Jun 01, 2015
Teachers dey try sha..

That's all.
Re: Your Opinion On A Child's Bad Handwriting... by greatgod2012(f): 8:27pm On Jun 01, 2015
I have learnt something today.........that it is not advisable to discourage bad handwriting, that it gets clearer with time.
I have done this severally but now i promise to stop and allow nature to take its course.

@op, thanks for this wonderful thread!
Re: Your Opinion On A Child's Bad Handwriting... by blank(f): 6:45am On Jun 02, 2015
I disagree that bad handwriting is a pointer to intelligence. I think it has more to do with personality. someone who is naturally measured, calm and precise will have lovely printed writing whilst someone with jaga jaga personality will have same type of handwriting.

My brother's handwriting is terrible even though he is a calm personality because we did all his handwriting homework for him. It took too much time for him to finish so we always did it for him. Now, he is taking handwriting classes. lol.

2 Likes

Re: Your Opinion On A Child's Bad Handwriting... by yetseyi(f): 8:54am On Jun 02, 2015
Good or bad handwriting has almost no connection with the level of intelligence.

Bad handwriting starts from childhood. The child may correct it as he or she grows older but we should be aware that there are some things that influences handwriting.

Some children are not just patient enough to write legibly.
Some are not properly taught how to write well on time. I know there used to be 2D note book and the children are taught from a young age how to write legibly in capitals and small letters.

Most times as they grow older they tend to correct it themselves. But there really is no connection with level of intelligence and bad handwriting, Intelligent people can have good or bad writing.

1 Like

Re: Your Opinion On A Child's Bad Handwriting... by Leonidas1: 9:00am On Jun 02, 2015
make him write everyday he comes back from school
Re: Your Opinion On A Child's Bad Handwriting... by kennyman20(m): 11:38am On Jun 02, 2015
Its something natural i guess... Had a friend back in the days.. His parents are both teachers and he told me how both of his parents tried their best to work on his handwriting but still yet, its still one of the worst handwritings have ever seen in my life.. And this my friend is one of the most intelligent person have ever come across.

Look at the case of doctors.. Intelligent but worst handwritings.. What do we say about that? Didnt that tells u its natural..

We're available to handle your quality,cheap and glow in the dark customised wristband for any of ur event.. Call us or whatsapp or email us.. 08108009824.... Kehindeadebayo4@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Mother-in-law below the wife? / Family Wahala / I Hope Science Doesn't Fail Me. At Least Not Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.