Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,820 members, 7,831,671 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

Please don't die in silence!!! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please don't die in silence!!! (933 Views)

6 Ekiti Doctors Die In Accident (graphic pix) / A Young Nigerian With Possible HIV Cure Die In Isreal / Two Male Staff Of Home Best Hotel Die In Their Sleep In Imo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please don't die in silence!!! by takoi: 7:42pm On Jun 01, 2015
I have seen wonderful people die from this AIDS virus due to their silence of shame.
Most of them acquired this virus from no fault of theirs.
Please don't die in silence. The Nigerian government gives out antiretroviral drugs for free.
Re: Please don't die in silence!!! by henryexe: 9:57am On Jun 02, 2015
Few weeks ago I took a HIV test, it turned out negative. I asked my fiancee to also take the test. We don't stay in the same state so there was no way we could go together. Fews days later she said she took it that she's negative too but the Doctor didn't allow her go with the result. I was surprised because I took mine in a govt clinic and went home with my result. She said she took it in a Teaching hospital. So please is this how it is done in Teaching hospitals? I think she's not being honest
Re: Please don't die in silence!!! by Virus777: 10:52am On Jun 02, 2015
henryexe:
Few weeks ago I took a HIV test, it turned out negative. I asked my fiancee to also take the test. We don't stay in the same state so there was no way we could go together. Fews days later she said she took it that she's negative too but the Doctor didn't allow her go with the result. I was surprised because I took mine in a govt clinic and went home with my result. She said she took it in a Teaching hospital. So please is this how it is done in Teaching hospitals? I think she's not being honest

There is more to this than meets the eye. She is obviously hiding something. Either she didn't go for the test, cos some people are so afraid of undergoing the test. Or she went for the test and the result was positive. I've never heard of a hospital that will withhold an HIV test result.
Before you ever sleep with her again make sure you take her to a hospital and let the test be carried out and get the result same day. Trust no one.
Re: Please don't die in silence!!! by takoi: 11:43am On Jun 02, 2015
henryexe:

Your result is your property even in teaching hospitals. No doctor will withhold it from you.
Re: Please don't die in silence!!! by ogeorge11(m): 1:15pm On Jun 02, 2015
Very important advice. Because having HIV doesn't mean it's the end of the road.
Re: Please don't die in silence!!! by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jun 02, 2015
henryexe:
Yeah, it's possible. .. when you do free HIV test at some teaching hospitals, they don't give you the result.. They will simply tell you positive/negative. . If positive, they will register you for counselling sessions etccc.... If you want to get a written result, you must pay... she most probably did the free test..

You should know your gf enough to either trust what she says or not.. or simply tell her to go do it again at another hospital. .
Re: Please don't die in silence!!! by henryexe: 1:52pm On Jun 02, 2015
I trust her at least until recently. She sent me a snapshot of the receipt she used in paying for the test 5 hundred naira. Said its d only proof she has to show me that she actually did the test.

(1) (Reply)

Come In And Help A Brother Pls / US Govt Finally Admits Marijuana Kills Cancer Cells / 10 Important Things To Know About Lassa Fever And How To Prevent It.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.