Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,065 members, 7,810,973 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:48 PM

IG Arase Considers Reopening Of Bola Ige's Murder Case - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IG Arase Considers Reopening Of Bola Ige's Murder Case (1584 Views)

Bola Ige’s Murder: We Were Paid Huge Money In Abuja – Suspects / Police IG, Arase, Moves To Remove Lamorde As EFCC Chairman - Premium Times / Buhari Sets To SACK Service Chiefs, Retains Police IG Arase - NewTelegraphonline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

IG Arase Considers Reopening Of Bola Ige's Murder Case by CaptainJason: 12:57am On Jun 02, 2015
Fourteen years after the gruesome murder of a former Minister of Justice and Attorney General of the Federation, Chief Bola Ige (SAN), the Inspector-General of Police, Mr. Solomon Arase, on Monday, said the case could be reopened.

Solomon, who spoke on Monday during a programme, “View from the top,” on Channels Television, said that the investigation into the murder failed because it was not based on proper intelligence.

It will be recalled that the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party in Osun State and a former Chairman, Senate Committee on Appropriation, Chief Iyiola Omisore, the immediate past Minister of Police Affairs, Mr. Jelili Adesiyan, and the current National Secretary of the PDP, Prof. Wale Oladipo, were arrested and charged for the murder.

They were, however, discharged by the courts after a series of trials.

Arase, who was a member of the special homicide unit that investigated the case, said the investigation was also marred by the political atmosphere at the time.

Arase said the suspects were made to undergo lie detector tests.

He said, “Some people were charged to court but just as I said before, our investigation was not intelligence-led. So, we tended to situate it within the political complexion of Osun State at that time. And you will also remember that there were a lot of distractions when that investigation started.

“So, it looked as if the attention of the police was diverted from the original cause of the event. I remember we also brought in the FBI (Federal Bureau of Investigation) and we wanted to ascertain if the people that we had in custody were the real people.

“So, we administered the polygraph examination but it did not work out. The polygraph test showed that they were not the perpetrators. The scientific aid we were trying to get was not in tandem with the circumstantial evidence that we had gathered. And when you have such issues, the suspect is given the benefit of the doubt. So, they walked away.”

Arase, who was also the Deputy Inspector General of Police in charge of Intelligence before he was promoted last month, said the case had not been closed.

The police boss said if new evidence emerged, the case would be revived.

He said, “Murder cases don’t have statutes of limitation. Cases can always be reopened as it is done in other countries. Once there is fresh evidence to suggest that the probability of involvement or the criminal responsibility of one of the suspects in that matter is higher, it can always be reopened. You hardly close a criminal investigation that way.”

Arase said it was his plan to implement police reforms and also increase the standard of living of junior police officers.

The police boss urged his men to be more professional and continue to operate on the assumption that suspects are innocent until allegations against them were proven otherwise. He, therefore, ordered his men to stop the habit of arresting suspects before gathering evidence.

He said for things to improve in the police, the best university graduates must also join the security agency.

He said, “We must ensure that those who are brought into the force are intelligent enough and can be easily trained. When your manpower is wrong ab initio, you get everything wrong. So, we have to look at our recruitment policy. We should be able to attract the best people into the force.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/iges-murder-case-can-be-reopened-ig/

2 Likes

Re: IG Arase Considers Reopening Of Bola Ige's Murder Case by mrcasanova1(m): 1:12am On Jun 02, 2015
Bola Ige's manhood lives on... I am already missing PEJ badly tongue sad

2 Likes

Re: IG Arase Considers Reopening Of Bola Ige's Murder Case by Justpassingby45(m): 1:27am On Jun 02, 2015
That is good. And i hope is will also fellow by the case of other gruesomelly murder by police, and government officials, doto their acts or there untturance. We know them.
Re: IG Arase Considers Reopening Of Bola Ige's Murder Case by Rawani: 1:32am On Jun 02, 2015
Justice delayed is often said to have been denied, however the families of the victim will definitely gain some closure and feel a sense of justice if Ige's murderers are brought to book, especially considering the gruesome nature of the crime.

CaptainJason:

It will be recalled that the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party in Osun State and a former Chairman, Senate Committee on Appropriation, Chief Iyiola Omisore, the immediate past Minister of Police Affairs, Mr. Jelili Adesiyan, and the current National Secretary of the PDP, Prof. Wale Oladipo, were arrested and charged for the murder.

Take a look at the characters and the party involved and it's no longer surprising why the case was abandoned for 14 years. The era of willfully subverting the delivery of justice for political expediency (Kashamu et al.) is over. Never again, change is here.

2 Likes

Re: IG Arase Considers Reopening Of Bola Ige's Murder Case by oshyno(m): 1:46am On Jun 02, 2015
Somebody wants to tame somebody's influence. I said it that these Fulani people can't be trusted.

3 Likes

Re: IG Arase Considers Reopening Of Bola Ige's Murder Case by CyberWolf: 1:53am On Jun 02, 2015
Good...I see OBJ, Omisore and co going down..Let's keep watching..

5 Likes

Re: IG Arase Considers Reopening Of Bola Ige's Murder Case by Nobody: 4:29am On Jun 02, 2015
CyberWolf:

Omisore has been discharged and acquitted by a federal high court.

What this means is that he can never be called again to answer for this charge.

Obasanjo and Tinubu are prime suspects and will soon be docked.

3 Likes

Re: IG Arase Considers Reopening Of Bola Ige's Murder Case by Nobody: 4:30am On Jun 02, 2015
oshyno:
Somebody wants to tame somebody's influence. I said it that these Fulani people can't be trusted.

Tinubu and Obasanjo should get their legal team ready.

3 Likes

Re: IG Arase Considers Reopening Of Bola Ige's Murder Case by Pavore9: 4:34am On Jun 02, 2015
Justice must be served.

2 Likes

Re: IG Arase Considers Reopening Of Bola Ige's Murder Case by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 6:14am On Jun 02, 2015
Iyiola Omisore, Abdeljalil and Oladipo are prime suspects.

1 Like

Re: IG Arase Considers Reopening Of Bola Ige's Murder Case by Emyemyberry(m): 6:29am On Jun 02, 2015
Ibori my role model,barcanista my guy.

2 Likes

Re: IG Arase Considers Reopening Of Bola Ige's Murder Case by Nobody: 6:50am On Jun 02, 2015
Mr IG no need to do this.
Abeg who fit get me the guy phone number, I need to reassure him that his job is secured for atleast the next 12 months. PMB won't sack him now
Re: IG Arase Considers Reopening Of Bola Ige's Murder Case by RockMaxi: 7:09am On Jun 02, 2015

grin grin IG. Arase please don't raise my BP unnecessarily. If you re-open that case and succesfully bring the perpetrators to book and behind the bar, all those trekkings for GEJ and PMB will be a child's play compared to the trekking I will do for you o. cool
Re: IG Arase Considers Reopening Of Bola Ige's Murder Case by seunlayi(m): 7:22am On Jun 02, 2015
I hope so

1 Like

Re: IG Arase Considers Reopening Of Bola Ige's Murder Case by Nobody: 7:23am On Jun 02, 2015
CyberWolf:

Remove Omisore and add Oyinlola and Tinubu
Re: IG Arase Considers Reopening Of Bola Ige's Murder Case by olawalepopoola: 7:48am On Jun 02, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

Not Supreme court

1 Like

Re: IG Arase Considers Reopening Of Bola Ige's Murder Case by sosanova: 7:49am On Jun 02, 2015
Obasanjo will not like this..Fowl Nyansh wan open

1 Like

Re: IG Arase Considers Reopening Of Bola Ige's Murder Case by olawalepopoola: 7:59am On Jun 02, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

Tinubu has never been indicted in the case. Ask the PDP from 1999, who fear the existence of Cicero of Esa-Oke! PDP should be interrogated! Leave BHT (Bola Hammed Tinubu) out

1 Like

Re: IG Arase Considers Reopening Of Bola Ige's Murder Case by Nobody: 8:01am On Jun 02, 2015
olawalepopoola:

Not Supreme court

Supreme court is not a criminal court.
Re: IG Arase Considers Reopening Of Bola Ige's Murder Case by Kolade354(m): 8:08am On Jun 02, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

Supreme court is not a criminal court.

Omisore has a hand in the death of Bola Ige...........If you think if this case shld be re-open omisore wnt be involved den i will say u need to do mental re-evaluation by defending that thug call omisore wen it is so obvious he murder Bola ige.
Re: IG Arase Considers Reopening Of Bola Ige's Murder Case by Nobody: 8:10am On Jun 02, 2015
Kolade354:
Omisore has a hand in the death of Bola Ige...........If you think if this case shld be re-open omisore wnt be involved den i will say u need to do mental re-evaluation by defending that thug call omisore wen it is so obvious he murder Bola ige.

Take it up with the judge who discharged and acquitted him.

Why did Osun state Justice ministry not appeal the case ruling ?

Well, because Oyinloloa, Tinubu and Obasanjo where actually behind the murder.

1 Like

Re: IG Arase Considers Reopening Of Bola Ige's Murder Case by oshyno(m): 8:20am On Jun 02, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

Tinubu and Obasanjo should get their legal team ready.

Funsho Williams will be next. the malam is just starting. U think " I belong to nobody" was just ordinary statement.

1 Like

Re: IG Arase Considers Reopening Of Bola Ige's Murder Case by Kolade354(m): 8:21am On Jun 02, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

Take it up with the judge who discharged and acquitted him.

Why did Osun state Justice ministry not appeal the case ruling ?

Well, because Oyinloloa, Tinubu and Obasanjo where actually behind the murder.
I wont argue with you again..........Before Bola Ige was murder omisore disrespcet baba Bola Ige by removing his cap at Ooni of Ife Palace.........Every Osun Indigene knwz Omisore has a hand in Uncle Ige Death...........omisore and obasanjo are prime suspect.
Re: IG Arase Considers Reopening Of Bola Ige's Murder Case by chesterlee(m): 8:41am On Jun 02, 2015
OBJ should get his legal team ready...

There's a new sheriff in town!!!! His name..................ARASE!!!!

1 Like

Re: IG Arase Considers Reopening Of Bola Ige's Murder Case by igbsam(m): 8:50am On Jun 02, 2015
Good Move. I would really love this

fp material
Re: IG Arase Considers Reopening Of Bola Ige's Murder Case by ahaz: 8:57am On Jun 02, 2015
Rawani:
Justice delayed is often said to have been denied, however the families of the victim will definitely gain some closure and feel a sense of justice if Ige's murderers are brought to book, especially considering the gruesome nature of the crime.

Take a look at the characters and the party involved and it's no longer surprising why the case was abandoned for 14 years. The era of willfully subverting the delivery of justice for political expediency (Kashamu et al.) is over. Never again, change is here.
yes d same way they killed funsho William, marshal Harry and co

(1) (Reply)

New JAMB Eligibility Policy: Part Of The APC "Change"? / Breaking!! Economic Disaster, Banks Limit ATM POS To $300 Daily!! / We Can’t Jam Radio Biafra’s Frequency — Police.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.