Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,202 members, 7,811,543 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:14 PM

Difference Between Indigene And Citizen? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Difference Between Indigene And Citizen? (10687 Views)

Okorocha Reacts To The Murder Of Bridget Agbaheme, Imo Indigene In Kano / Riot In Aba, Between Ngwa Indigene And Traders / Again, El-rufai Appoints Non-indigene As Head Of Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Difference Between Indigene And Citizen? by icemania: 3:35am On Jun 02, 2015
Hello guys, I recently applied for a post graduate degree course in Kaduna. State university and I was denied admission because I wasn't an indigene of the state, it got me thinking, what qualifies to be an indigene? I was born in Kaduna, I schooled in Kaduna, I work an live in kaduna. I think this so called indigenship should. Be scrapped from our constitution, cos first foremost I am a Nigerian and should. Not. Be denied opportunities simply because am not from a particular state.
Re: Difference Between Indigene And Citizen? by tpiadotcom: 3:42am On Jun 02, 2015
if they have limited spots available that means you want to edge out indigenes of the state as if there are no other universities in Nigeria or beyond which offer post graduate degrees.
Re: Difference Between Indigene And Citizen? by thernee: 4:00am On Jun 02, 2015
Re: Difference Between Indigene And Citizen? by delishpot: 4:24am On Jun 02, 2015
Well, to be an indegine one or both your parents have to be descended from there. Its not enough to be born there. You should know this by Now na. I have seen many people born and raised in lets say Lagos but have Local govt certs showing they are indegines of an eastern or northen state. So you should know by now that in naija where you are born does not mean that is where you or your parents have accepted to be their ancestry. So endure when your state turn reach, I am sure Kaduna peoples application will be rejected too.
Re: Difference Between Indigene And Citizen? by MightySparrow: 5:44am On Jun 02, 2015
Do you have agbo ile there. Somebody pls explain that to the OP.
Re: Difference Between Indigene And Citizen? by Lilyomi(f): 5:52am On Jun 02, 2015
Well sorry o.

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING!!! Jubril: Nnamdi Kanu Releases Fresh 'forensic Evidence'(photos) / NAFDAC In Rotting State, Petitioners Say, Alleging Fraud And Waste / Murtala Mohammed's 77th Posthumous Birthday Is Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.