Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,517 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

Obasanjo Where Are The 1000 Snipers? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Where Are The 1000 Snipers? (2033 Views)

Expressdiggers:most Deadly Snipers That Have Ever Lived (pictures Included) / Obj:where Are The Snipers? / Just Thinking, Obasanjo Where Are The 1000 Snipers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Where Are The 1000 Snipers? by Nobody: 8:42am On Jun 02, 2015
Just thinking, Obasanjo where are the 1000 snipers?, By Audu O. Audu
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo on December 11 alleged that the then President, Goodluck Jonathan was currently keeping over 1000 people on his political watch list while also secretly training snipers and other armed personnel as well as acquiring weapons for political purposes.
He stated this in an 18-paged letter to Mr. Jonathan, that the snipers were being trained at the same place the late Head of State, Sani Abacha, trained his own killer squad.
What do you expect the incoming government of Gen. Muhammadu Buhari to handle first?
C) Corruption (39%, 6,725 Votes)
B) Power (28%, 4,886 Votes)
A) Security (21%, 3,579 Votes)
D) Unemployment (11%, 1,806 Votes)
E) Undecided (1%, 176 Votes)
Total Voters: 17,172
President Goodluck Jonathan replied Obasanjo in a 10-page letter and challenged him to produce the names of those on the alleged political watch list and the Government agencies which were watching over them.
President Jonathan, in the letter, noted “since I started my political career as a Deputy Governor, I have never been associated with any form of political violence. There have certainly been cases of political assassinations since the advent of our Fourth Republic, but as you well know, none of them occurred under my leadership.
“Baba, I don’t know where you got that from but you do me grave injustice in not only lending credence to such baseless rumours, but also publicizing it. You mentioned God seventeen times in your letter. Can you as a Christian hold the Bible and say that you truly believe this allegation.”
The question is this; the 2015 election has come and gone, Professor Attahiru Jega has allegedly connived with the All Progressives Congress, APC, to scuttle Dr. Jonathan’s re-election bid; the north mobilized the almajiris to kick Jonathan out; four card readers could not authenticate Jonathan’s voter’s card. The APC insulted and called him clueless, blah blah blah, yet Jonathan, did not deploy the infamous truck of snipers to scuttle the election.
With President Muhamadu Buhari sworn in, can Obasanjo kindly tell Nigerians where he found the over 1000 snipers he claimed were being trained by Goodluck to kill his political opponents?
No one wants to die in the hand of a sniper!
Olusegun Obasanjo and over 50 other army officers were, without fair hearing, jailed by the Abacha Government on trumped up charges of coup plotting.
Nigeria, under Abacha, became a pariah nation after being expelled from the Commonwealth of Nations for executing Ken Saro-Wiwa and other activists who were campaigning for a fairer share of Nigerian oil revenues and against the environmental damage caused to their lands by the drilling and spills of big oil companies.
Lt-General Oladipo Diya, Major-Generals Abdulkareem Adisa and Tajudeen Olanrewaju, and several other officers were on death row awaiting execution for their role in another coup plot no thanks to the conscienceless Abacha.
The acclaimed winner of the June 12 1993 election, late Chief MKO Abiola had been in jail for 4 years, kept incommunicado from the outside world. He later died in prison under controversial circumstances.
The Guardian Newspapers by Alex Ibru, a Minister under the Abacha regime was shut down after it criticised the Government. It was the paper’s continual criticism of Abacha’s regime that led to the near fatal assassination attempt on Ibru’s life.
Senator Bola Tinubu, scared to the bone of Abacha’s snipers fled Nigeria. Alani Akinrinade, Babafemi Ojudu, Gani Faweyinmi, amongst others did not have such a luxury as they were imprisoned for standing up to the Military dictator.
Kayode Fayemi, the former Governor of Ekiti State could not practice physical journalism and he went underground.
Kudirat Abiola was gunned down in daylight by elements who allegedly had Abacha’s backing.
General Abacha was on the verge of transforming himself from a military ruler to civilian President having strong-armed the then 5 political parties in the country into adopting him as their sole presidential candidate.
This terribly wicked design failed as Abacha’s timeline came to an abrupt end via a “heart attack”. The end of a very hated ruler brought joy to the hearts of several Nigerians and that was that.
If Jonathan had trained snipers where Abacha had done his, how is it under Jonathan’s administration the press was not muzzled?
How come Tinubu did not go on exile, how come that there was no political assassination under his watch, how come those who abused him and called him clueless were able to sleep with their two eyes closed?
Obasanjo! Where are the 1000 snipers? Nigerians are asking?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Where Are The 1000 Snipers? by GoodMuyis(m): 8:51am On Jun 02, 2015
Died in Sambisa forest,
Learn to properly arrange your post,

#CharityComment
Re: Obasanjo Where Are The 1000 Snipers? by 2cato: 8:55am On Jun 02, 2015
GoodMuyis:
Died in Sambisa forest, Learn to properly arrange your post,
#CharityComment
clown why not address the content first

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Where Are The 1000 Snipers? by KEVIND: 9:03am On Jun 02, 2015
Re: Obasanjo Where Are The 1000 Snipers? by KEVIND: 9:04am On Jun 02, 2015
In a bid to sink the man they said all kinds of Lies against him.History will surely judge.
God help Our President,PMB not to fall for people like OBJ & his antics.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Where Are The 1000 Snipers? by SOUNDKING: 9:15am On Jun 02, 2015
Op,make a research and know the characteristics of a man that is morally bankrupt. He can make any baseless accusation.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Where Are The 1000 Snipers? by Nobody: 9:25am On Jun 02, 2015
after all this I have the feelings obasanjo will make heaven.
Re: Obasanjo Where Are The 1000 Snipers? by Orunto: 9:40am On Jun 02, 2015
When GEJ goes, 1000 snipers scampered. Biafra is revering in Sedition and Treason, they are not unconnected with any type of Rebellion. They are all offshoots of corruption. When PMB handles corruption seriously and firmly, biafra, bokoharam, 1000snipers etc will disappear forever.
Re: Obasanjo Where Are The 1000 Snipers? by Nobody: 9:59am On Jun 02, 2015
Whoever takes Obasanjo serious is senile and could also be capable of bleeping his daughters in law

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Where Are The 1000 Snipers? by PedroJP(m): 10:24am On Jun 02, 2015
He labelled that against an innocent man to deceive many. Though that line of thought only emerged as it is his pattern and belief. Somebody should tell me how many plane crashes happened under Obj's rule.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Where Are The 1000 Snipers? by zimoni(f): 10:52am On Jun 02, 2015
Good question.

Ogbeni Obasanjo, where are the 1,000 snipers and how many people have they assassinated?

All the lies just to oust power from President Jonathan, well they've gotten it now. We are watching how the movie shall end.

Alaabaa.
Re: Obasanjo Where Are The 1000 Snipers? by collinshrf: 11:02am On Jun 02, 2015
can we stop making this people relevant..in his home town he is ignored why can't we do the same........
Re: Obasanjo Where Are The 1000 Snipers? by Nobody: 11:04am On Jun 02, 2015
If not that Okupe and Abati were not so good for their job roles, the lies of Obj and APC should have been long exposed.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Where Are The 1000 Snipers? by warripekin(m): 11:05am On Jun 02, 2015
If u want to kill a dog, give it a bad name. I pity Nigeria when the likes of obasanjo are our prefared leaders.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Where Are The 1000 Snipers? by Nobody: 11:07am On Jun 02, 2015
barcanista:
If not that Okupe and Abati were not so good for their job roles, the lies of Obj and APC should have been long exposed.
you are inflating your importance. You think your copy and paste job on nairaland can be compared to theirs?

@OP

Direct the question to the clueless one. OBJ is not the one training the snipers.
Re: Obasanjo Where Are The 1000 Snipers? by sammyj: 11:09am On Jun 02, 2015
And who are the Ijaw people shouting song of war before the election? grin
Re: Obasanjo Where Are The 1000 Snipers? by Nobody: 11:10am On Jun 02, 2015
Obasanjo should swear an affidavit that there was 1000 snipers and petition same to President Buhari, whom he navigated to Aso Rock if he is so sure of his claim
Re: Obasanjo Where Are The 1000 Snipers? by Ymodulus: 11:11am On Jun 02, 2015
NormalCodes:
Whoever takes Obasanjo serious is senile and could also be capable of bleeping his daughters in law

You making unfounded claims and allegation. For your info I think the 1000 snipers is connected to Biafra, and their recent uprising
Re: Obasanjo Where Are The 1000 Snipers? by ojimbo(m): 11:12am On Jun 02, 2015
even Mbaka said GEJ wanted to kill him, i wonder why GEJ have not kill him since then
Re: Obasanjo Where Are The 1000 Snipers? by Nobody: 11:43am On Jun 02, 2015
OBJ, IBBJ, BUhari are from the 1960s generation.
There were there in 1970s
In 1980s and 1990s there were not missing in action.

in 2000s and 2010s, they are still ruling Nigeria.

I shudder in shame.
Re: Obasanjo Where Are The 1000 Snipers? by Nobody: 11:46am On Jun 02, 2015
Ymodulus:

You making unfounded claims and allegation. For your info I think the 1000 snipers is connected to Biafra, and their recent uprising

Biafrans are not Jihardists.
We are a peace loving people.
Re: Obasanjo Where Are The 1000 Snipers? by doublewisdom: 11:49am On Jun 02, 2015
Obasanjo is a sadist. He’s never happy except he’s tormenting somebody’s life. Even his own children are not spared.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Where Are The 1000 Snipers? by Ymodulus: 12:03pm On Jun 02, 2015
noblezone:

Biafrans are not Jihardists.
We are a peace loving people.
With the whole threat and words of violence been aired by that Kalu of Biafra Radio?
Re: Obasanjo Where Are The 1000 Snipers? by leftyansh: 12:09pm On Jun 02, 2015
grin
Re: Obasanjo Where Are The 1000 Snipers? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jun 02, 2015
Ymodulus:

But didn't Obasanjo in his Open-hate letter to Jonah say Jonah was doing exercise with his 1000 snipers, infact he even alleged that Jonah was the one training them himself.
Ok but didn't OBJ climb his daughter in-law?
If you say OBJ no climb his daughter in-law, it means I go begin dey suspect you oo wink wink wink wink
Re: Obasanjo Where Are The 1000 Snipers? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jun 02, 2015
doublewisdom:
Obasanjo is a sadist. He’s never happy except he’s tormenting somebody’s life. Even his own children are not spared.

Hahahahah, Jesus Christ my lord.
This is wicked, bobo!
Re: Obasanjo Where Are The 1000 Snipers? by Ymodulus: 12:36pm On Jun 02, 2015
NormalCodes:

But didn't Obasanjo in his Open-hate letter to Jonah say Jonah was doing exercise with his 1000 snipers, infact he even alleged that Jonah was the one training them himself.
Ok but didn't OBJ climb his daughter in-law?
If you say OBJ no climb his daughter in-law, it means I go begin dey suspect you oo wink wink wink wink

I dont discuss rumors, i deal with facts. To the best of our knowledge OBJ never dealt slept with his daugther in-law.
Re: Obasanjo Where Are The 1000 Snipers? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jun 02, 2015
Ymodulus:

I dont discuss rumors, i deal with facts. To the best of our knowledge OBJ never dealt slept with his daugther in-law.

Ok you have turned spokesman for Baba by distorting what happened?

I sight you broh, nice job
Re: Obasanjo Where Are The 1000 Snipers? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jun 02, 2015
Ymodulus:

With the whole threat and words of violence been aired by that Kalu of Biafra Radio?

How much treat do you hear from the herdsmen and the Jiharidists?

So many of us are against Kanu and his threats.

I repeat , we are not barbarians.
Re: Obasanjo Where Are The 1000 Snipers? by tuk2ato(m): 2:14pm On Jun 02, 2015
Am a Yoruba man and to be frank, OBJ is a deluded and self-righteous person. He had problem with Yar'adua when he wanted to be ruling by proxy. The '1000 snipers' story is a blatant lie, and there were more political assassination during his time. He that must come to equity must come with clean hands.
Re: Obasanjo Where Are The 1000 Snipers? by phemmyutd(m): 2:45pm On Jun 02, 2015
noblezone:

How much treat do you hear from the herdsmen and the Jiharidists?

So many of us are against Kanu and his threats.

I repeat , we are not barbarians.

you are making a good point bro. But yet you agreed that he made some threat right??
Re: Obasanjo Where Are The 1000 Snipers? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jun 02, 2015
phemmyutd:

you are making a good point bro. But yet you agreed that he made some threat right??

Of course I agree and majority of us Biafrans are not in support of it.

However, I am saying that those who are the real danger to us are not making any threats:
they just attack and kill.

(1) (Reply)

Ndigbo Group Writes Buhari, Seeks Probe Of Anyim’s Alleged Fraudulent Deals / Legal Thinking: Why The Law Is Not On Saraki’s Side By Lawyer Idahosa Anthony / Buhari Gave The Movement Of Biafra Hope At UN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.