Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,779 members, 7,810,033 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:04 PM

Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY (34035 Views)

Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. / Help! My Mechanic Is Calling Price For Me On Catalyst / My Mechanic Has Done It Again! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY by robedu: 10:09am On Jun 02, 2015
I drive toyota avensis 2007.

And my mechanic is making life a living hell for me, when the car has issue, most times i cannot be repaired once, he will repair the first, bring it and the same thing will happen and he will do it again, sometimes it takes up to 3 to 4 times to get one issue resolved.

The one that happen now is so annoying, last week the car accelerator at some point will not move fast even if you press with all your power and finally it will stop. and then i will start it again.

My Mechanic came to pick it up, fix it and bring it for me on Sunday and on Monday the same thing happen.

Will i ever be able to get a good mechanic to help me out on a low budget. i am so tired, im even crying

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY by missKiffy(f): 10:23am On Jun 02, 2015
Change mechanic nah

57 Likes

Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY by abatically(m): 10:52am On Jun 02, 2015
If u want ur car to be fixed on lower budget then u need to endorse the act of DIY. I'm not saying u should turn to a mechanic, but u should at least have basic knowledge on how ur car works. U can't just drop ur car with a mechanic and he brings it back to u without u knowing what was wrong with it, what he fixed or changed. Also get urself a scanner, there are cheap ones that are less than 10k. Get the codes and start troubleshooting from there.

U said ur car is giving problems. What did the mechanic tell u was wrong with the car? How do I expect people to help with limited information?

38 Likes

Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY by mayor2013: 11:52am On Jun 02, 2015
[quote author=robedu post=34341470]I drive toyota avensis 2007.

And my mechanic is making life a living hell for me, when the car has issue, most times i cannot be repaired once, he will repair the first, bring it and the same thing will happen and he will do it again, sometimes it takes up to 3 to 4 times to get one issue resolved.

The one that happen now is so annoying, last week the car accelerator at some point will not move fast even if you press with all your power and finally it will stop. and then i will start it again

My Mechanic came to pick it up, fix it and bring it for me on Sunday and on Monday the same thing happen.

[quote]

You wana have a 2007 toyota avensis, a can bus system fixed cheap. Kazeem would be glad to help. You called for what you are having. "Cheap =kazeem". May I further ask what the problem of your car is

Will i ever be able to get a good mechanic to help me out on a low budget. i am so tired, im even crying
Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY by Whizpeter(m): 12:45pm On Jun 02, 2015
Scan ya car and send the codes here, maybe gazzuzz would help

1 Like

Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY by edward1984(m): 2:09pm On Jun 02, 2015
robedu:

The one that happen now is so annoying, last week the car accelerator at some point will not move fast even if you press with all your power and finally it will stop. and then i will start it again.

Mr Robedu.. This is not a problem to cry over.. it's simple ,, the first thing that comes into any logic person is to change mechanic.. Try someone else.. and good luck

10 Likes

Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:48pm On Jun 02, 2015
Good work does not come cheap.

3 Likes

Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY by divinelove(m): 4:01pm On Jun 02, 2015
robedu:

u r d problem and nt ur mechanic. you have refused to change mechanic and to sit down and start learning A to Z of hw ur car works undecided you call a mechanic to pick ur car and repair and bring back when he is done God forbid who does dt nw . d mechanic is jst using u as his office and ve not started with u self. he would start selling ur car parts very soon and creating problems in ur car to always ve u calling on him.

sorry but u r in for a hell if u dnt change immediately cool

at every time i ve 3 or more mechanics dt way i can sack anyone anytime once i see u r incompetent as d Boss grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY by edward1984(m): 4:09pm On Jun 02, 2015
divinelove:

u r d problem and nt ur mechanic. you have refused to change mechanic and to sit down and start learning A to Z of hw ur car works undecided you call a mechanic to pick ur car and repair and bring back when he is done God forbid who does dt nw . d mechanic is jst using u as his office and ve not started with u self. he would start selling ur car parts very soon and creating problems in ur car to always ve u calling on him.

sorry but u r in for a hell if u dnt change immediately cool

at every time i ve 3 or more mechanics dt way i can sack anyone anytime once i see u r incompetent as d Boss grin

True talk

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY by Coldplay007(f): 9:43pm On Jun 02, 2015
You are busy forming chairman and asking mechanic to come and pick your car to repair for you...
So why are you crying? No be u dey form dangote? grin
You just start! That mechanic has opened a shop in your pocket grin cheesy

My rule is never to leave my car with a mechanic alone... I must be there while you are touching my car..

Are u in Lagos? If Yes call Gazzuzz..
Are U in UK? If yes, call Siena grin grin

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY by hoodboy(m): 12:49am On Jun 03, 2015
@coldplay007 I actually wouldn't recommend gazzuzz to anybody, dude is quite petty. I had contacted him about my car, drove all the way from Surulere to Ogba, he told me my engine would need to be replaced I heeded his counsel asked him to get me costing On getting to His place today with plans of dropping off my car to return tomorrow for us to go get an Engine, dude started catching feelings, telling me "I should go look for a roadside mechanic who I will fgollow to the market to buy parts" for crying out load we are talking of Engine replacement why shouldn't I be involved in the procurement process, even if I'm coming as a silent observer. Gazzuzz bluntly told me I should go back with my vehicle, just because I

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY by hoodboy(m): 12:53am On Jun 03, 2015
@coldplay007 I actually wouldn't recommend Gazzuzz to anybody, dude is quite petty. I had contacted him about my car, drove all the way from Surulere to Ogba on Saturday, he told me my engine would need to be replaced I heeded his counsel asked him to get me costing. On getting to His place today with plans of dropping off my car to return tomorrow for us to go get an Engine, dude started catching feelings, telling me "I should go look for a roadside mechanic who I will follow to the market to buy parts" for crying out loud we are talking of Engine replacement why shouldn't I be involved in the procurement process, even if I'm coming as a silent observer. Gazzuzz bluntly told me I should go back with my vehicle, just because I asked to go pick up my Engine with him. Saying I was disappointed is a huge understatement. Nonetheless I'm glad it happened at this point, not when I have invested my scarce resources and he starts to bring up shitty attitude. Same way I trusted my car to Qualityovenbake on Nairaland and he did a messed up job, coupled with the fact that he was way behind schedule.

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY by justi4jesu(f): 7:10am On Jun 03, 2015
robedu:

Always be there with the mechanic when he fixes your car, those mechanics are hardly and never honest. They cause more problems for you instead of solving any. Better still, change your mechanic asap.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:41am On Jun 03, 2015
hoodboy:
@coldplay007 I actually wouldn't recommend Gazzuzz to anybody, dude is quite petty. I had contacted him about my car, drove all the way from Surulere to Ogba on Saturday, he told me my engine would need to be replaced I heeded his counsel asked him to get me costing. On getting to His place today with plans of dropping off my car to return tomorrow for us to go get an Engine, dude started catching feelings, telling me "I should go look for a roadside mechanic who I will follow to the market to buy parts" for crying out loud we are talking of Engine replacement why shouldn't I be involved in the procurement process, even if I'm coming as a silent observer. Gazzuzz bluntly told me I should go back with my vehicle, just because I asked to go pick up my Engine with him. Saying I was disappointed is a huge understatement. Nonetheless I'm glad it happened at this point, not when I have invested my scarce resources and he starts to bring up shitty attitude. Same way I trusted my car to Qualityovenbake on Nairaland and he did a messed up job, coupled with the fact that he was way behind schedule.

Guilty as charged (but you missed out on a lot of details) there are 2 sides to every story.

Open a thread and stop derailing.

4 Likes

Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY by mayor2013: 8:24am On Jun 03, 2015
hoodboy:

I believe there are 2 sides to this

1) go to the market yourself without the help of gazzuzz and buy the engine yourself since you wanna be involved

2 ) Gazzuzz helps with the buying of the engine and he fully takes responsible for whatever happens since he is buying with all the experience he has on the field

As for number 1 would you want a situation where you go a bad engine believing its ok only for it to be installed and it happens to be a bad one. If the later comes into play are you gonna pay for a second installment if you are billed cos we talkn about man power here and technicality

1 Like

Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY by Amono: 8:46am On Jun 03, 2015
hoodboy:
@coldplay007 I actually wouldn't recommend gazzuzz to anybody, dude is quite petty. I had contacted him about my car, drove all the way from Surulere to Ogba, he told me my engine would need to be replaced I heeded his counsel asked him to get me costing On getting to His place today with plans of dropping off my car to return tomorrow for us to go get an Engine, dude started catching feelings, telling me "I should go look for a roadside mechanic who I will fgollow to the market to buy parts" for crying out load we are talking of Engine replacement why shouldn't I be involved in the procurement process, even if I'm coming as a silent observer. Gazzuzz bluntly told me I should go back with my vehicle, just because I

I

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY by hoodboy(m): 8:59am On Jun 03, 2015
mayor2013:

I believe there are 2 sides to this

1) go to the market yourself without the help of gazzuzz and buy the engine yourself since you wanna be involved

2 ) Gazzuzz helps with the buying of the engine and he fully takes responsible for whatever happens since he is buying with all the experience he has on the field

As for number 1 would you want a situation where you go a bad engine believing its ok only for it to be installed and it happens to be a bad one. If the later comes into play are you gonna pay for a second installment if you are billed cos we talkn about man power here and technicality

@mayor, why will I go by myself to get the Engine, He had giving me a cost for his workmanship which i didn't even challenge or try to Haggle. Was it wrong for me to assume we were going to go get the Engine togeteher, Is it not even advisable to do so. The annoying thing is immediately I told him this, he just told me to leave with my vehicle, saying he wasn't a road side mechanic that i'll be following to get parts. Even when I tried to even reconsider my position (not like i was vehement about it sef) He kept cuting calls and not picking.

I left my house as early as 6am, if not for anything, you'd consider the stress. Granted, he told me he was under the weather, but his actions are still inexcusable. Not like I'm ever going to seek his help again, but I hope he changes. This same dude I had patronised on Sunday by paying for a scan, just to establish an initial relationship.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY by justi4jesu(f): 9:04am On Jun 03, 2015
doroboss:

If I'm reading correctly your complain is that your job was rejected?

Would have made sense if Gazzuzz collected your your hard earned cash and did a poor job, or bought you a bad engine but rejecting a job seems to be you did something wrong.

As the poster above said, no business man wants to make a loss.

Try to Understand him clearly, he wants to go with the mechanic to get the Engine, I don't see anything wrong. It is the proper thing to do. I would do same if i were in his shoes, atleast to know what I'm paying for and know it is genuine. So when it faults, I know where to go.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY by abatically(m): 9:06am On Jun 03, 2015
DECOtech:

I'm really tryn to understand what you stand to gain by narrating only a fraction about the dealings between you and Gazzuzz.

Pls do us a favour by being transparent in ur story.

The story is transparent enough. Some mechanics don't allow customers go with them to buy an engine which is understandable. Gazzuzz admitted that. Some customers can be very funny when they follow a mechanic to buy parts, they always have this thing behind their mind that they are being cheated which could be embarrassing. Afterall, u can't take ur car to Honda place or automedics and tell them u want to go with them to get parts. Just pay the fare and let them do their job, if u are not OK with that then take ur car elsewhere, simple.

I personally do not follow my mechanic to buy parts, either I give him money to get it for me or I go get it myself.

13 Likes

Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY by abatically(m): 9:13am On Jun 03, 2015
justi4jesu:

Try to Understand him clearly, he wants to go with the mechanic to get the Engine, I don't see anything wrong. It is the proper thing to do. I would do same if i were in his shoes, atleast to know what I'm paying for and know it is genuine. So when it faults, I know where to go.

U are right. But when u take ur car places like automedics or Honda place, do u also follow them to get parts? It is a simple policy, if someone says u can't follow them to get parts, there are 2 choices. Either u accept, or u disagree and take ur car elsewhere. It doesn't mean the mechanic is a bad person.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY by hoodboy(m): 9:14am On Jun 03, 2015
@abatically, even when I had tried to reconsider my position, he just shut me out and wasn't ready to listen. Note, I wasn't even insisting on following him, he just turned me back immediately I mentioned it. Even when I said fine no problem, he was not even ready to budge, that kain shakara on money I'm going to spend, haba

16 Likes

Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY by mayor2013: 9:18am On Jun 03, 2015
justi4jesu:

What's your profession? Is that how you allow your clients to follow you about to get materials needed for a job. No professional does that. Even here @ Bosch PTY no 1 does that. If you wnat to follow its better you go all by yourself. Why can't you put on your overhaul as well to say you want to work with him in fixing the said part(s) as well undecided

4 Likes

Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY by DuchessLily(f): 9:35am On Jun 03, 2015
hoodboy:
Gazzuzz petty?? I don't believe u bro .
U must have said or done something really annoying to Gazzuzz..

Hope u haven't missed ur chance with him, cos in Lagos u can't get an auto mechanic as experienced and honest As Gazzuzz

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY by justi4jesu(f): 9:36am On Jun 03, 2015
abatically:

U are right. But when u take ur car places like automedics or Honda place, do u also follow them to get parts? It is a simple policy, if someone says u can't follow them to get parts, there are 2 choices. Either u accept, or u disagree and take ur car elsewhere. It doesn't mean the mechanic is a bad person.

If you have been a victim of fake car parts then you would understand the mechanics we have in Nigeria, I'm not saying the mechanic he wants to use won't get him a good engine but some person's don't want to take that chance.

3 Likes

Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY by abatically(m): 9:36am On Jun 03, 2015
hoodboy:
@abatically, even when I had tried to reconsider my position, he just shut me out and wasn't ready to listen. Note, I wasn't even insisting on following him, he just turned me back immediately I mentioned it. Even when I said fine no problem, he was not even ready to budge, that kain shakara on money I'm going to spend, haba

Trust me I understand u and I would feel the same if I was in ur shoes. I am not here to defend anyone, just know that no professional would allow a client to go with him to get the materials he needs for a job... no professional does that these days. Maybe gazzuzz was in a bad mood that day, or maybe that's just how he is.. that I do not know. Let's just move on... hope u have fixed ur car.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY by Nobody: 9:37am On Jun 03, 2015
robedu:

change d mechanic sir
Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY by abatically(m): 9:42am On Jun 03, 2015
DuchessLily:
Gazzuzz petty?? I don't believe u bro .
U must have said or done something really annoying to Gazzuzz..

Hope u haven't missed ur chance with him, cos in Lagos u can't get an auto mechanic as experienced and honest As Gazzuzz

At the bolted, tell me that's a hyperbole.

16 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lady Teaches Ladies How To Change Car Tyres Better Than Men. / Car Accident At Mushin, Lagos (pictures) / 8 Things You Didn’t Know About Lexus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.