Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,528 members, 7,819,903 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

Help! My Mechanic Is Calling Price For Me On Catalyst - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help! My Mechanic Is Calling Price For Me On Catalyst (1585 Views)

Gear Box: My Mechanic Wants To Kill Me. A Desperate Call For HELP!!! / Can You Refer A Good Mechanic Is Lagos To Inspect A Car? / My Mechanic Colonized My Benz. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My Mechanic Is Calling Price For Me On Catalyst by blossom92: 12:00pm On Mar 01, 2017
Please my fellow nairalanders, how much is catalyst for Avalon 2006 model?

And again, when am pressing the accelator it doesn't catch easily, even if the car is on high speed the speedometer will be showing zero

What could be the cause?
Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Calling Price For Me On Catalyst by ikbnice(m): 12:28pm On Mar 01, 2017
I think autojosh may have an answer or two
Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Calling Price For Me On Catalyst by blossom92: 12:58pm On Mar 01, 2017
ikbnice:
I think autojosh may have an answer or two
Is he a nairalander here? Please I need your response
Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Calling Price For Me On Catalyst by nurey(m): 1:03pm On Mar 01, 2017
blossom92:

And again, when am pressing the accelator it doesn't catch easily, even if the car is on high speed the speedometer will be showing zero

What could be the cause?

you need a professional mechanic and a scan to decipher the virus your car is battling with. You see all those christmas light showing on your dash board yet you drive the car like that, go and fix your car before it does the unthinkable unexpected on the express.
Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Calling Price For Me On Catalyst by hysteriabox(m): 1:48pm On Mar 01, 2017
blossom92:

What could be the cause?

Hard luck. Get a good mech.
My opinion is the fuel economy down to like 30-40%? If yes, change the plugs and service the FIS. That should handle the lack of/slow acceleration. If the economy is still bad, then scan to check ur O2 sensor, catalytic converter etc.
The speedometer must have broken from the sensor attached to the gear box. Scanning is your best bet
Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Calling Price For Me On Catalyst by Autopartz: 2:23pm On Mar 01, 2017
blossom92:

What could be the cause?

You can visit www.autopartz.com for the Catalytic Converter / Catalyst price, and select Toyota (Make) Avalon (Model) and 2006 (Year) in the 'Specify Vehicle' area.
Then type Catalytic Converter / Catalyst in the search box and click on 'Search by Component'.

A list of registered Toyota Avalon 2006 Catalytic Converter / Catalyst dealers would be displayed.

Click on them to get their contact details for the average price of the Catalyst.

However, AutoPartz now supply highest grade Catalyst directly to your doorstep (backed with warranty).

If interested, send requests to 08097772886 (WhatsApp)
Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Calling Price For Me On Catalyst by erico2k2(m): 4:04pm On Mar 01, 2017
blossom92:

What could be the cause?
I will tell you what i always tell everyone on here, Go and scan your car and come back with teh codes, a scanner is cheap these days.
Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Calling Price For Me On Catalyst by sultaan(m): 7:22pm On Mar 01, 2017
Our people are very ignorant they do the wrong thing first then try to fix it the wrong way
Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Calling Price For Me On Catalyst by blossom92: 7:54pm On Mar 01, 2017
erico2k2:

I will tell you what i always tell everyone on here, Go and scan your car and come back with teh codes, a scanner is cheap these days.
How much does scanner cost?
Re: Help! My Mechanic Is Calling Price For Me On Catalyst by erico2k2(m): 9:30pm On Mar 01, 2017
blossom92:

How much does scanner cost?
Some Are 10k

(1) (Reply)

I Need Help On My Nissan Tiida 2007 / Buy Nigerian-used And/or (tokunbo) Cars With Confidence - By Autoelectng! / How Long Does R134 Refrigerant Last

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.