Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,774 members, 7,862,538 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 07:06 PM

Tips on achieveing your dream goals - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Tips on achieveing your dream goals (643 Views)

You Too Can Raise A Capital To Start Your Dream Business. / Over 0.5 Goals Punters Calling / Tips On Starting A Small Scale Supermarket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tips on achieveing your dream goals by jasogbe(m): 12:39pm On Feb 17, 2009
Can you confidently say the year 2009 will be your best year ever? Do you think you can achieve all you desire for yourself this year? Do you believe the new year will bring you the success you deserve?

Lots and lots of questions.

If you ask me, I'll confidently tell you that everyone can achieve all they desire if they know what to do and how to go about it. I've compiled a few tips that will help you achieve all your fondest new year dreams.

1. Determine your goals for the year.

A lot of people go through life without determining what they actually want from it. They just work hard, live by the day and hope everything goes on fine.

That's a surefire way to fail! You have to determine what you actually want in life and in this instance, what you want to achieve by the time the year ends in eleven months time. I don't know what your goals are but you have to determine it.

2. Write them down.

This will sound ridiculous to a lot of people but it actually works. Write down your goals for the year and look at it everyday. You can paste it on your bedroom wall, dressing mirror or what have you. You can put it in your wallet and replace it everytime it gets old an dirty.

3. Work towards your goal.

How you'll work towards your goal will be determined by the nature of your goal. If your goal is to pass your examinations, you'll need to study dilligently for it. If you want to start a business, you'll need to learn how the kind of business you want to go into is done. Make sure you do something everyday that leads you to your goal.

4. Don't spend your time; invest it.

"Use" your time doing things that will help you achieve your goals. The sheer amount of time we waste doing irrelevant things is simple outrageous.

Before you do anything, ask yourself if it will help you achieve your goals. If it will not, do something that will. There is always a book to read, a seminar to attend, a business to start and so on. Cut your TV habits, sleeping habits, and other time wasting habits. Your time is precious so use it wisely.

5. Be persistent.

This is very important. A setback during the year should not be allowed to derail you. Being afraid of failure is a sure way to actually fail. There is no shame in failure. It's not being able to get up and bounce back that is shameful. Instead of giving up, learn from your mistakes and move on. Remember experience is the best teacher.

I strongly believe these tips will help you achieve what you want for yourself this year. They are short but power packed. I'll be using them as well and I hope to exchange ideas with you as the year rolls on.

Feel free to drop your comments. I'll see you next week.

I wish you all the best.

(1) (Reply)

The Final Transition To E-business / Do You Have Any Practical Knowledge Of Vehicle Insurance? / How Do I Get Back My Money?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.