Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

Governor Ambode Meets With Civil Servants (pic) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Ambode Meets With Civil Servants (pic) (21793 Views)

Osinbajo Meets With Civil Servants In Abuja (Photos) / President Buhari Meets With Ministers And Governors In Aso Rock (Photos) / Ambode Meets The CEO Of Yamaha Motors In Lagos (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Ambode Meets With Civil Servants (pic) by elohorayodele: 12:30pm On Jun 03, 2015
Chukwutobi:
Nigerians sha
NA ladies fill the front seats

some wan try their luck nah

1 Like

Re: Governor Ambode Meets With Civil Servants (pic) by nice4igbo: 12:33pm On Jun 03, 2015
eko oni banjo buhari change we come when you tell federal goverment to do something concerning badagry express way so that this country we look like a country from boder side enterinh lagos is like wast bin
Femolacaster:
Eko o ni baje o!

Re: Governor Ambode Meets With Civil Servants (pic) by darejem4real: 12:34pm On Jun 03, 2015
Good
Re: Governor Ambode Meets With Civil Servants (pic) by olumalcolm(m): 12:35pm On Jun 03, 2015
anonimi:
How many months salary is the state owing to its workers and pensioners

I hope he has a plan to regularly RECRUIT teachers, doctors, nurses, lab. technicians etc to ensure these facilities are adequately staffed for TAX PAYERS in Lagos state.
. Go and check d list LAGOS STATE ain't owing. Ese " thank you"

2 Likes

Re: Governor Ambode Meets With Civil Servants (pic) by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jun 03, 2015
Lagos is not owing staff salaries...

anonimi:

I hope he has a plan to regularly RECRUIT teachers, doctors, nurses, lab. technicians etc to ensure these facilities are adequately staffed for TAX PAYERS in Lagos state.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Ambode Meets With Civil Servants (pic) by NovusHomo(m): 12:54pm On Jun 03, 2015
Mynd44:
The guy was in a suit and tie in the morning. In the afternoon/evening, he is in native....

I wonder what he will wear to mama Tosin's peppersoup joint later tongue

He will dress like GEJ, but without the cluelessness.
Re: Governor Ambode Meets With Civil Servants (pic) by NovusHomo(m): 12:58pm On Jun 03, 2015
SWAGGAVILLAGE:
the location looks porshe

No, it looks "posh". "Porsche" is a German car brand.

1 Like

Re: Governor Ambode Meets With Civil Servants (pic) by EPOMA(m): 1:07pm On Jun 03, 2015
Ymodulus:

It also baffles me, how people compare Fashola to Akpabio. When it is clear that these two are clearly of different league. Fashola is an achiever, but I can't say for Akpabio.

Too sad Akpabio stole Akwa Ibom's Money

I maintain my stand Akpabio is a big thief. how can you be building road at 2.4 billion nair and i celebrate you

2 Likes

Re: Governor Ambode Meets With Civil Servants (pic) by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jun 03, 2015
anonimi:

How do we know that PARTICULAR hall was not built by:

- Jakande or
- Marwa

just to name two previous governors of Lagos state!

Or even the Late Michael Otedola!

1 Like

Re: Governor Ambode Meets With Civil Servants (pic) by anonimi: 1:18pm On Jun 03, 2015
EPOMA:
I maintain my stand Akpabio is a big thief. how can you be building road at 2.4 billion nair and i celebrate you

Do you know which of the 36 state governors, former & continuing is not a thief? =>

This should probably rank among the biggest FRAUDULENT SCAM in the nation's history sad

* Four years ago, with plenty fanfare, our gomina (governor) waka go Toronto for inspect and buy aloku scrap metal trains =>

Fashola visited Toronto earlier this year to inspect the TTC trains.

The Lagos deal would be the first of its kind for the TTC. Decommissioned cars are usually sold for scrap metal and can fetch up to $1,500 dollar each. While Ross declined to discuss specific figures, he says the sticker price for Lagos is "significantly more" than scrap prices, putting the potential profits to the TTC in the millions of dollars. shocked

It is not unusual for technology from western nations to end up in poorer countries. Marketplaces in Africa and Asia are flooded with North American clothes, computers, and even cars, but the purchase of larger technology like trains is rarer.

The cars will have to be significantly refurbished to fit existing infrastructure in Lagos, and some Nigerian media reports have lamented that the government appears to have settled on "tokundo," or used, trains instead of brand new vehicles.

Although half the cars are more than 30 years old, Ross is adamant they are perfectly safe and are only being decommissioned for capacity reasons. But he also admitted the TTC is not required to make sure the cars meet any safety standards before selling them.

"Once sold, it's up to the new operator to ensure they are in good working order," he said. "They do need to be maintained much more frequently than the new trains, simply because of their age. At some point they will run out their useful life."

Murtaza Haider, director of the Institute of Housing and Mobility at Ryerson University, said the age of the cars is definitely a cause for concern.

"We should be ensuring that there is some service life left in these vehicles and we're not going to be playing havoc with the lives of those who would ride these vehicles," Haider said. "There's metal fatigue, and that metal fatigue could result in dangerous conditions. I would be paying a close watch on this for the next ten years to see how many accidents do happen in Lagos."

More from: https://nowtoronto.com/news/next-stop-nigeria/

* In January 2013, i.e. some two years after the Toronto visit, our excellent governor said the trains will be ready by June, i.e. five months after the unsolicited statement, based on his inspection & assessment of work done so far at the time =>

Lagos light rail’ll be ready in June – Fashola
JANUARY 9, 2013

The Lagos State Governor Babatunde Fashola on Tuesday said the first phase of the state Blue Light Rail project would be completed by June this year(2013).

He expressed confidence that Lagosians would start enjoying the services of the lrail project immediately.

The first phase would run from Marina and terminated at Okokomaiko area in Ojo Local Government.

Fashola spoke during an inspection of ongoing projects in the state which took him and his cabinet members to Orile-Iganmu, Alimosho and Ejigbo areas among others to assess the level of works being done by contractors.

The governor, who inaugurated the trackwork of the blue light rail at Alaba Suru, Coker-Agunda Local Council Development Area, said the level of work on the road and those of the National Theatre and Alaba-Mile 2 rail stations, would ensure early completion

He said, “In order to finish the project, the contractor did not go on vacation during the festive period. This will ensure that the project is delivered on time for the use of Lagosians.

More from: http://www.punchng.com/news/lagos-light-railll-be-ready-in-june-fashola/

* Last year, our fine-boy-no-pimples Misita Gomina confessed he had already spent a whopping sum of N160 billion on the light rail that was supposed to be in use since June 2013. Depending on the exchange rate he used that could be $1 billion to $1.2 billion spent shocked

How We Spent N160bn World Bank Loan on Light Rail Project
11 Sep 2014
He, therefore, explained that the state government already “has in place, strategies to repay the loan. The federal government was in the know of the state’s decision to take the bond and it approved it.”

He added that the truth “is that what they do not also say is that no state in Nigeria can borrow money outside, from any multilateral agencies without the approval of the federal government.

“What they did not say is that they approved it. No state can raise money by bond the way we have done without the federal government’s approval. Both SEC and NSE are all federal regulatory agencies through which we must pass. If they said okay, it means there must be something good about the debt.

More from: http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/lagos-how-we-spent-n160bn-world-bank-loan-on-light-rail-project/188736/

As of today, we nor see train, even sef all the billion, billion $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ don disappear enter Toronto. We prayer be sey make dem nor turn around small time sey na bad business like the N8 billion Sunborn floating hotel angry angry

In fact their candidate, Ambode now dey tell us sey na to restructure the financing and delivery will be in 18 months time. Laakulilai, we don suffer finish in the hands of these scam masters and smooth operators => embarassed

Why I reached out to Igbo voters –Ambode, Lagos APC governorship candidate
APRIL 4, 2015
When is the light rail going to be delivered, the project seems to be going on for years?

I just said it, it’s being funded by Lagos State and the Federal Government support is not there. But I believe strongly that we will create a financial restructuring that will allow us to deliver that light rail within the next 18 months.

More from: http://www.punchng.com/feature/hotseat/why-i-reached-out-to-igbo-voters-ambode-lagos-apc-governorship-candidate/

Una wey sabi financial management small go know sey the man just dey tell us sey money don finish dem must BORROW plenty $$$$$$$$$$$ loan again to have any hope whatsoever of using the trains in 18 months lohun lohun far away longest time!
Can anyone reconcile the fact that the federal government approved LASG's World Bank loan for this project yet the new tenant at Alausa house dey spin us long tales of no federal support.
He must think we are all baby pikins wey mama fit tell FAKE tory angry

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Governor Ambode Meets With Civil Servants (pic) by Lovexme(m): 1:29pm On Jun 03, 2015
Chukwutobi:
Nigerians sha
NA ladies fill the front seats

It seem like there are more females than males in the civil service.
Re: Governor Ambode Meets With Civil Servants (pic) by Oriafo123: 1:39pm On Jun 03, 2015
anonimi:

get informed Lagos is not owing any salary.

1 Like

Re: Governor Ambode Meets With Civil Servants (pic) by frisky2good(m): 1:40pm On Jun 03, 2015
Polo and jeans with suede loafers and kangol.

Mynd44:
The guy was in a suit and tie in the morning. In the afternoon/evening, he is in native....

Re: Governor Ambode Meets With Civil Servants (pic) by anonimi: 1:41pm On Jun 03, 2015
Oriafo123:
get informed Lagos is not owing any salary.

I raised three issues.
You have addressed only one.
Any chance for you or others like you to address the two outstanding issues
Re: Governor Ambode Meets With Civil Servants (pic) by anonimi: 1:42pm On Jun 03, 2015
Mynd44:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2108383_ambode_jpegf3d9e2187120804fb9995e3c58753962
Re: Governor Ambode Meets With Civil Servants (pic) by ocelot2006(m): 1:42pm On Jun 03, 2015
EPOMA:

See beef. Sorry oh, Akpabio remains the BEST GOVERNOR IN NIGERIA. 'hate that? Then jump off 3rd Mainland Bridge.

1 Like

Re: Governor Ambode Meets With Civil Servants (pic) by anonimi: 1:44pm On Jun 03, 2015
omololu2020:
he will wear singlet n boxer

why tongue tongue
Re: Governor Ambode Meets With Civil Servants (pic) by M4gunners: 1:46pm On Jun 03, 2015
Some people eh.so how much is this hall compare to that World class Stadium built by Akpabio? Stadium that cost more than 300millions.

1 Like

Re: Governor Ambode Meets With Civil Servants (pic) by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jun 03, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Fashola na learner where akpabio dhe talk
You can only deceive people who haven't been to akwa ibom before with your ridiculous comment.
clown
Re: Governor Ambode Meets With Civil Servants (pic) by Dupsy387(f): 1:58pm On Jun 03, 2015
wow! nce 1
Re: Governor Ambode Meets With Civil Servants (pic) by akpanakwaibom: 2:13pm On Jun 03, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
Imagine this kind of facility put in Place By the Great Fashola! And yet, some people will be comparing him with that Election rigger and Rogue called Akpabio! Smh!
that is city hall bro,and it has been in existence even before BRF became governor,no one should compare Brf with Akpabio ,the two are good governors please lets appreciate them for they were thanks,i love GODSWILL AkPABIO

1 Like

Re: Governor Ambode Meets With Civil Servants (pic) by Orikinla(m): 2:23pm On Jun 03, 2015
[size=18pt]HEAPS OF REFUSE ARE NOW DECORATING THE STREETS OF LAGOS.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Governor Ambode Meets With Civil Servants (pic) by ibedun: 2:28pm On Jun 03, 2015
anonimi:

I hope he has a plan to regularly RECRUIT teachers, doctors, nurses, lab. technicians etc to ensure these facilities are adequately staffed for indegenous in Lagos state.
Re: Governor Ambode Meets With Civil Servants (pic) by MrBully: 3:13pm On Jun 03, 2015
Useless thread from a useless individual grin Fat faced Ambode met with civil servants. Kini big deal?

1 Like

Re: Governor Ambode Meets With Civil Servants (pic) by dennywise: 3:19pm On Jun 03, 2015
Dont compare AKPABIO AND FASHOLA.AKPABIO IS FAR BETTER.

1 Like

Re: Governor Ambode Meets With Civil Servants (pic) by Whizzdom(m): 4:15pm On Jun 03, 2015
That him Deputy Na heavy duty .... She is like matter, She has weight & occupy space grin

1 Like

Re: Governor Ambode Meets With Civil Servants (pic) by udyheart01(m): 5:29pm On Jun 03, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
Imagine this kind of facility put in Place By the Great Fashola! And yet, some people will be comparing him with that Election rigger and Rogue called Akpabio! Smh!
What Facility Are You Talking About? Coz Am Just Seeing A Hall That Can't In Any Where Be Compared To Any Of Akpabio's Infrastructures

1 Like

Re: Governor Ambode Meets With Civil Servants (pic) by rildwanullahi(m): 5:42pm On Jun 03, 2015
Firefire:

I presume none ?
don't presume it's none
Re: Governor Ambode Meets With Civil Servants (pic) by OteDOLLAR(m): 6:59pm On Jun 03, 2015
anonimi:

Lagos may av a very bad debt profile, bt they are not one of d onigbeses
Re: Governor Ambode Meets With Civil Servants (pic) by anonimi: 7:04pm On Jun 03, 2015
OteDOLLAR:

Lagos may av a very bad debt profile, bt they are not one of d onigbeses

Is gbese no longer debt
Re: Governor Ambode Meets With Civil Servants (pic) by mestrophil(m): 9:52pm On Jun 03, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
. Please don't compare fash with Godswill akpabio.. you need to visit and see....dont be deceive... come and see Ibom Hall, Our New Four Point. Le-Meridian...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Ambode Meets With Civil Servants (pic) by 83lagosroad(m): 11:36pm On Jun 03, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

It clearly shows ure from another planet cos in no way can you compre fashola with akpabio.be it education, road, sports, culture and tourism. Pls tell me were fashola got a pass. Awon ole jatijati

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Adesina - We Never Respond To Fayose Because We See What He Does As Comic Relief / INEC Collation Officer Shot In Benue / Jonathan: We Didn’t Completely Plug The Loopholes In Fight Against Corruption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.