Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,281 members, 7,818,951 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Riquelme Resigns From Argentina Side! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Riquelme Resigns From Argentina Side! (1107 Views)

FIFA World Ranking: Belgium To Take Over No. 1 Spot From Argentina / Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach / Nigeria Vs Argentina 2011 Friendly: 4 - 1 (Eagles Thump Argies) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Riquelme Resigns From Argentina Side! by Priscila(f): 6:41pm On Sep 15, 2006
Arg captain Juan Roman Riquelme announced his international retirement on wednesday citing his mother's health and criticism of his WC performance after they lost in Q-finals to Germany.His mother has been hospitalised twice since the WC,he told Argentina independent canal 13.

my own views!
I love this man plus his zeal in mid field and how i wish he could continue since at 28 he is at least younger than many players like Scheva,Giggs and many more who are still hot in the market.
i feel his pain as he is worried he might lose the mother.
Actually its Jose Pekermann to blame for argentina's loss after he replaced Riq with a defender.
Guys what do you say?
Re: Riquelme Resigns From Argentina Side! by Priscila(f): 7:52pm On Sep 15, 2006
Guys!
waiting for your consolations here. I feel pain to some extent such a talent can just deminish like that.
Re: Riquelme Resigns From Argentina Side! by mukina2: 10:50pm On Sep 15, 2006
it wasnt much of a surprise though
the coach refuses to name him as permanent captain
Re: Riquelme Resigns From Argentina Side! by kitaun(m): 12:39am On Sep 16, 2006
Jackal, where are you?
Re: Riquelme Resigns From Argentina Side! by Priscila(f): 1:02pm On Sep 16, 2006
Kit!
what about Jack and jill? say something on Riq or send in condolences
Re: Riquelme Resigns From Argentina Side! by mukina2: 1:18pm On Sep 16, 2006
Priccy what bout jack and jill
Re: Riquelme Resigns From Argentina Side! by Priscila(f): 1:26pm On Sep 16, 2006
Muks
I just meant to say why is Kit asking for jackal?
Re: Riquelme Resigns From Argentina Side! by mukina2: 1:28pm On Sep 16, 2006
i know wink i thot you were asking for me and my hubby grin
Re: Riquelme Resigns From Argentina Side! by kitaun(m): 2:25pm On Sep 16, 2006
@Prisccy

angry angry angry cool

I did ask for him because Riquelme is Jackal's favourite midfielder,so i would like to know what his take is on the issue at hand cool
Re: Riquelme Resigns From Argentina Side! by Priscila(f): 6:59pm On Sep 16, 2006
He only supported Him when Villareal played arsenal just because of hatred. no strings I think.
Re: Riquelme Resigns From Argentina Side! by kitaun(m): 7:31pm On Sep 16, 2006
Not so really because all through the World Cup, he was all Riquelme, even saying that Pirlo was not as fantastic as Riquelme was during the Mundial, so you see where i am coming from, i would love to read Jackal's comments before i post, Cheers
Re: Riquelme Resigns From Argentina Side! by Priscila(f): 7:33pm On Sep 16, 2006
I get you now.
anyway i also like the guy and how he can really make the mid field flow.

(1) (Reply)

Arsene Wenger's Letter To Arsenal Fans / Hulk Gets Smashing Deal With Chelsea / Revealed: How Far Ferdinand Went To Persuade CR7 To Rejoin United

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.