Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,212 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:27 AM

Arsene Wenger's Letter To Arsenal Fans - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Arsene Wenger's Letter To Arsenal Fans (1104 Views)

Chelsea's Open Letter To Arsenal FC After Arsenal Vs Man City Game. / Vincent Enyeama Linked To Arsenal And Sunderland / 60 Arsene Wenger Favourite Quotes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Arsene Wenger's Letter To Arsenal Fans by TONDO: 7:40pm On Sep 01, 2008
Wednesday night was a big game for us and I felt we were well organised, disciplined, focused and basically never really under threat from FC Twente. What was most important was not to make mistakes, be patient and score our goals.

It was a big improvement on Saturday. Fulham were sharper than us in the first half at Craven Cottage and that showed when we were punished from the corner. When you are focused you can stop them scoring like that from the middle of the goal.

What we did against Fulham was just not good enough but I felt the whole team was sharper and physically much better against Twente. They gave us the same problems by man-marking all over the pitch, but we were well-organised and showed good patience.

The response to Saturday was clear. It was togetherness, it was consistency and that is what you want on a night like that. We want to play with the best and to do that means qualifying for the Group Stage. There was so much at stake and it was a big mental test.

Of course we had Cesc Fabregas back in the side and he brings calm and confidence to us and gave us a good balance. Cesc could have stayed on but I took him off because he has just come back from a hamstring injury and we play again on Saturday against Newcastle so recovery time will be very short.

I also took off Samir Nasri because he had a stomach bug during the game and was sick at half-time. He couldn't go on.

Samir scored the first of our four goals and it was good to score a few because we have been struggling a little bit for goals. I was never really worried about that because we can create chances but it is difficult when you start the season with a qualifier and in-between you have an international friendly. At that stage the bodies aren't completely ready to absorb all that and you can have a dip a little bit. I felt that on Saturday.

As far as central midfield is concerned, I felt Denilson had a good game on Wednesday night. We have Aaron Ramsey as well - for me he will be a very good player - and we have Alex Song and we have Abou Diaby. Even Nasri can play central but we have to see.

Thanks for your support.

(1) (Reply)

Nff Rejects Super Eagles Jersey / Messi Vs Kaka / F1 2012: Rules And Regulations Changes, And What They Mean

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.