Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,106 members, 7,818,302 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

Another Advice To PMB Handlers And Supporters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another Advice To PMB Handlers And Supporters (1652 Views)

Dino Melaye Rain Curses and Prayers on Sahara Reporters And supporters. / Nnamdi Kanu's Speech That Won The Hearts Of His Loyal Followers And Supporters / Tribunal Victory: Yahaya Bello Rejoices With Wife And Supporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Advice To PMB Handlers And Supporters by Pangea: 5:14am On Jun 03, 2015
Akin Rotimi Wrote:

Not All That Ask Are Enemies

Our President has faced a barrage of criticisms and accusations in his first few days in office. Ranging from the outrageous to the mundane, he has been accused of discourteously leaving his guests to attend Friday Jumaat prayers on inauguration day; influencing the court to drop corruption charges against his political associate; failing to publicly declare his assets as he promised during campaigns; encouraging wastage of resources by duplicating functions for his first set of appointees; etc. Even our first lady has not been spared as she has been accused of wearing an expensive wrist watch to his inauguration - allegedly a sign of opulence considered inconsistent with his austere reputation. It would even seem that PMB is receiving more "bashing" from some of his most ardent supporters.

What I find interesting is not the accusations but the reactions of some of "my people" in a bid to defend our beloved president. From my humble standpoint, I have seen more emotional and irrational outbursts than helpful engagements of the issues by followers attempting to put up a defense. Some cannot just stomach the fact that our highly revered president is being denigrated by commoners on social media. While I agree that some of these issues are needless distractions coming from familiar quarters, they can't be ignored else they become bigger distractions further into the administration's lifespan. I have come to learn that rumours cannot be wished away, they have to be decisively addressed - on time! For example, there is a claim out there that a suicide bomber chanted "Sai Buhari"!, before detonating a bomb in the Northeast on Tuesday, killing several Nigerians. It has been several hours since this was reported on some online news platforms, and subsequently bandied around by some antagonists on social media, yet we have no refutation from "us". It doesn't have to be reported in traditional media before we reiterate PMB's condemnation of the reprehensible actions of the extremists.

My token advice to the president's media team as they settle down in office is that they have no time to settle down. As someone said on facebook, the Buhari team has auditioned for this job for twelve years and issued the notice of employment for two clear months before resumption, we have no reason not to perform. They have to proactively make available accurate information and allow no vacuum for rumours and half-truths to fester. They should consider every accusation raised against their principal as an opportunity to present facts, clarifications and superior arguments that will reinforce his goodwill with the majority. PMB is not infallible and should not be projected so. When mistakes are made by him or those under his watch, they should speedily admit the errors, decisively separate the principal from the mess and ensure the erring parties are resolutely dealt with in keeping with the law. Making this point reminds me that amongst many of former president Dr. Goodluck Jonathan's public engagement gaffes was patting former Minister of Interior, Mr. Abba Moro on the back inspite of the NIS recruitment scandal that occasioned the death of many young people. Indeed many of the former president's appointees caused more deficits to his public image than good.

Those of us that believe in and determinedly support our president to succeed need the right ammunition to fight the battle for the hearts and minds of Nigerians. We need to be armed with facts and contexts within which we can help frame the narrative about every single action this president and his administration is going to take - many of which may be unpopular, or cause short term inconvenience in order to achieve long term benefits. It is too early to be responding by abusing people. I just read an outburst on the page of a dedicated supporter of PMB in which she was more or less warning a blogger that his misleading post about the president could lead to his being arrested for falsehood. Haba! The prison cells we will need to keep all Nigerians who abused former president Jonathan would take up half of Nigeria's landmass. That is not the way to go.

I reiterate, let us provide timely and accurate updates on the activities of government, and when rumours are spun to distract his focus, let us similarly respond on time, with facts and clarifications, and in a tone that reminds that we are in charge. Let us make use of the most valuable communication resource PMB and his administration has - the love and goodwill of the majority who are willing (at no cost) to disseminate communication messages within their circles of influence. Not everyone that asks questions or challenges actions taken by PMB are his enemies, some simply want to be re-assured that in the corridors and chambers of power, where sycophants abound and truthful counsel is rare, the bearer of their mandate is staying true to the ideals that made them vote for him.
Re: Another Advice To PMB Handlers And Supporters by rooftech: 5:17am On Jun 03, 2015
brother,its too early

1 Like

Re: Another Advice To PMB Handlers And Supporters by worksmart(m): 5:20am On Jun 03, 2015
difficult to read

1 Like

Re: Another Advice To PMB Handlers And Supporters by babyfaceafrica: 5:33am On Jun 03, 2015
Another super story!

5 Likes

Re: Another Advice To PMB Handlers And Supporters by Degis(m): 5:52am On Jun 03, 2015
Pangea:
Akin Rotimi Wrote:

Not All That Ask Are Enemies

Our President has faced a barrage of criticisms and accusations in his first few days in office. Ranging from the outrageous to the mundane, he has been accused of discourteously leaving his guests to attend Friday Jumaat prayers on inauguration day; influencing the court to drop corruption charges against his political associate; failing to publicly declare his assets as he promised during campaigns; encouraging wastage of resources by duplicating functions for his first set of appointees; etc. Even our first lady has not been spared as she has been accused of wearing an expensive wrist watch to his inauguration - allegedly a sign of opulence considered inconsistent with his austere reputation. It would even seem that PMB is receiving more "bashing" from some of his most ardent supporters.

What I find interesting is not the accusations but the reactions of some of "my people" in a bid to defend our beloved president. From my humble standpoint, I have seen more emotional and irrational outbursts than helpful engagements of the issues by followers attempting to put up a defense. Some cannot just stomach the fact that our highly revered president is being denigrated by commoners on social media. While I agree that some of these issues are needless distractions coming from familiar quarters, they can't be ignored else they become bigger distractions further into the administration's lifespan. I have come to learn that rumours cannot be wished away, they have to be decisively addressed - on time! For example, there is a claim out there that a suicide bomber chanted "Sai Buhari"!, before detonating a bomb in the Northeast on Tuesday, killing several Nigerians. It has been several hours since this was reported on some online news platforms, and subsequently bandied around by some antagonists on social media, yet we have no refutation from "us". It doesn't have to be reported in traditional media before we reiterate PMB's condemnation of the reprehensible actions of the extremists.

My token advice to the president's media team as they settle down in office is that they have no time to settle down. As someone said on facebook, the Buhari team has auditioned for this job for twelve years and issued the notice of employment for two clear months before resumption, we have no reason not to perform. They have to proactively make available accurate information and allow no vacuum for rumours and half-truths to fester. They should consider every accusation raised against their principal as an opportunity to present facts, clarifications and superior arguments that will reinforce his goodwill with the majority. PMB is not infallible and should not be projected so. When mistakes are made by him or those under his watch, they should speedily admit the errors, decisively separate the principal from the mess and ensure the erring parties are resolutely dealt with in keeping with the law. Making this point reminds me that amongst many of former president Dr. Goodluck Jonathan's public engagement gaffes was patting former Minister of Interior, Mr. Abba Moro on the back inspite of the NIS recruitment scandal that occasioned the death of many young people. Indeed many of the former president's appointees caused more deficits to his public image than good.

Those of us that believe in and determinedly support our president to succeed need the right ammunition to fight the battle for the hearts and minds of Nigerians. We need to be armed with facts and contexts within which we can help frame the narrative about every single action this president and his administration is going to take - many of which may be unpopular, or cause short term inconvenience in order to achieve long term benefits. It is too early to be responding by abusing people. I just read an outburst on the page of a dedicated supporter of PMB in which she was more or less warning a blogger that his misleading post about the president could lead to his being arrested for falsehood. Haba! The prison cells we will need to keep all Nigerians who abused former president Jonathan would take up half of Nigeria's landmass. That is not the way to go.

I reiterate, let us provide timely and accurate updates on the activities of government, and when rumours are spun to distract his focus, let us similarly respond on time, with facts and clarifications, and in a tone that reminds that we are in charge. Let us make use of the most valuable communication resource PMB and his administration has - the love and goodwill of the majority who are willing (at no cost) to disseminate communication messages within their circles of influence. Not everyone that asks questions or challenges actions taken by PMB are his enemies, some simply want to be re-assured that in the corridors and chambers of power, where sycophants abound and truthful counsel is rare, the bearer of their mandate is staying true to the ideals that made them vote for him.

Sensible article. However, like they say karma doesn't recognize remedial actions of voodoo and spirited defense, because it must surely happen. When your lying and concocting machine of propaganda was spewing out its venom, we appealed that it should not be part of your trademark but you refused. Now, it is your turn, deal with it. Enjoy your time in the sun

11 Likes

Re: Another Advice To PMB Handlers And Supporters by Pangea: 6:29am On Jun 03, 2015
rooftech:
brother,its too early

What is too early?
The pieces is just an advice !
Re: Another Advice To PMB Handlers And Supporters by Nobody: 6:52am On Jun 03, 2015
Degis:

Sensible article. However, like they say karma doesn't recognize remedial actions of voodoo and spirited defense, because it must surely happen. When your lying and concocting machine of propaganda was spewing out its venom, we appealed that it should not be part of your trademark but you refused. Now, it is your turn, deal with it. Enjoy your time in the sun

As in; orbiting the sun or landing on the sun? grin

1 Like

Re: Another Advice To PMB Handlers And Supporters by Nobody: 6:55am On Jun 03, 2015
Nobody gave jonathan a chance

4 Likes

Re: Another Advice To PMB Handlers And Supporters by PassingShot(m): 6:59am On Jun 03, 2015
Degis:

Keep the attack coming. But remember that at the end of the four year term, it is the overall achievement Nigerians will be interested in. Not these distractions of TANoids/PDP.

When all is said and done, sensible Nigerians will look at:
1. Provision of power - how they met it and how they've improved it.
2. Corruption - on the high side or greatly reduced.
3. NNPC/refineries - do we still import our fuel or refine locally.
4. Unemployment rate compared to what they met
5. infrastructural development
6. Insecurity - Boko Haram
Re: Another Advice To PMB Handlers And Supporters by Pangea: 7:08am On Jun 03, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Nobody gave jonathan a chance

It was very difficult giving him any chance when he himself never gave Nigerians chance to achieve their maximum potential !
He was busy extolling corruption, remember, stealing is not corruption and the theory of the goat and the yam?
Who does that?
Millions and billions kept on missing while he was busy eating with more than a billion naira yearly.
While Nigerian children were dying of malnutrition
He made worse the conditions he found on ground
Believe me
If PMB toes the same line
What happened to Jonathan will be a child's play.
But I trust the able General
Re: Another Advice To PMB Handlers And Supporters by Nobody: 7:13am On Jun 03, 2015
Pangea:

It was very difficult giving him any chance when he himself never gave Nigerians chance to achieve their maximum potential !
He was busy extolling corruption, remember, stealing is not corruption and the theory of the goat and the yam?
Who does that?
He made worse the conditions he found on ground
Believe me
If PMB toes the same line
What happened to Jonathan will be a child's play.
But I trust the able General
Let's not deceive ourselves
If tomorrow, d pmb fvcks up
And naija is clamouring for "change"
Will d northern man vote a southerner against his own broda
Dat is ma problem wif d system
D "change" chanting may be real in d south, buh d north I doubt if dey will vote for a southerner even if Buhari fails woefully

3 Likes

Re: Another Advice To PMB Handlers And Supporters by Nobody: 7:19am On Jun 03, 2015
people just write whatever nonsense that crosses their mind just for the sake of writing. For crying out loud, buhari hasn't spend one month in office yet, so I don't just understand what these distractions from every quarter are all about.

• You want buhari to solve energy crisis in one week

• You want buhari to tackle or end boko haram menacing evils in one week

• You want buhari to appoint all his ministers in one week.

• You want buhari to kill corruption in one week

• You want to see buhari's magic and miracles all in one week, though I have never seen or heard where buhari called himself the messiah

Nigerians should take a chill pill Jare, buhari have to access the damage(s) that was done by the past administration before he can put his work into action.

1 Like

Re: Another Advice To PMB Handlers And Supporters by Vince77(m): 7:19am On Jun 03, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

Let's not deceive ourselves
If tomorrow, d pmb fvcks up
And naija is clamouring for "change"
Will d northern man vote a southerner against his own broda
Dat is ma problem wif d system
D "change" chanting may be real in d south, buh d north I doubt if dey will vote for a southerner even if Buhari fails woefully
exactly my thoughts too. The north doesnt want anyone else. Only A Northerner. Even tho he is not doing anything
Re: Another Advice To PMB Handlers And Supporters by Degis(m): 7:21am On Jun 03, 2015
PassingShot:

Keep the attack coming. But remember that at the end of the four year term, it is the overall achievement Nigerians will be interested in. Not these distractions of TANoids/PDP.

It is not an attack if it is true. What I am saying in plain language is never lie to portray the opposition or the Leaders in bad light. It always comes back to bite. When I remember all the lies APC and PDP put out during the campaigns, I shuddered because whatever you sow, you must definitely reap

3 Likes

Re: Another Advice To PMB Handlers And Supporters by Nobody: 7:23am On Jun 03, 2015
Vince77:
exactly my thoughts too. The north doesnt want anyone else. Only A Northerner. Even tho he is not doing anything
Only wen dat condition, where d northerners will vote base on merit and not "born to rule" mentality, den I will believe d "change"
Buh d southerners don't know dis, an average northerner won't vote against his own brother

4 Likes

Re: Another Advice To PMB Handlers And Supporters by PassingShot(m): 7:23am On Jun 03, 2015
Degis:

It is not an attack if it is true. What I am saying in plain language is never lie to portray the opposition or the Leaders in bad light. It always comes back to bite. When I remember all the lies APC and PDP put out during the campaigns, I shuddered because whatever you sow, you must definitely reap
PDP didn't lose because of those things you called "lies". They lost because of their performance in the areas I listed in my first post.
Re: Another Advice To PMB Handlers And Supporters by Vince77(m): 7:26am On Jun 03, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

Only wen dat condition, where d northerners will vote base on merit and not "born to rule" mentality, den I will believe d "change"
Buh d southerners don't know dis, an average northerner won't vote against his own brother
true talk.
Re: Another Advice To PMB Handlers And Supporters by Nobody: 7:32am On Jun 03, 2015
Vince77:
so what's the difference between the north and the southsouth + southeast. Everyone knows the former president was a gigantic failure but they(southeasterners and southsouth) still voted him because he is their own.. So spare us the hypocritical cries/fears.

The only people in Nigeria who vote somebody base on his performance and integrity are the yoruba clan. All of you(abo.kis, ibos, south-south tribes) are the same, you usually vote with sentiments and on the line of ethnic chauvinism
Re: Another Advice To PMB Handlers And Supporters by Nobody: 7:35am On Jun 03, 2015
We shall soon find out that it was Tunde Idiagbon, not Buhari, that was the no-nonsense disciplinarian.

1 Like

Re: Another Advice To PMB Handlers And Supporters by Degis(m): 7:37am On Jun 03, 2015
PassingShot:

PDP didn't lose because of those things you called "lies". They lost because of their performance in the areas I listed in my first post.

Truly, I agree with you on the fact that they didn't lose on those lies but you will also realize that they lost because they were never supposed to have won in the first place. When a party decides to ride in arrogance and flagrant abuse of power and lack of internal democracy, they deserve to lose.

I don't shed a tear for them but I want you to realize that Nigerians have become far more sophisticated than ever before and as such Buhari should be ready for the warts and all that come with acquiring power

1 Like

Re: Another Advice To PMB Handlers And Supporters by CyberWolf: 7:40am On Jun 03, 2015
Pangea:

What is too early?
The pieces is just an advice !
are you not the scum that created a thread threatening nairalanders here just past few days? You guys are in for a shock..it's too early to cry wolf..
Re: Another Advice To PMB Handlers And Supporters by CyberWolf: 7:41am On Jun 03, 2015
grin you guys never start self..the writer doesn't know that rushing to make a statement is very dangerous grin ..If after making a statement and found out you've lied to the public when the truth backed with verifiable evidence starts pouring in, what are you gonna do? grin for you to make a statement, you have to research and ascertain the through nature of things and before you finish doing this, the damage has been done already. The koko be say na una start am, so don't cry yet because Nigerians never even start, PDP never even start, all this ones na just few Nigerians on social media and you are already whining grin ...So just relax and enjoy the show cos shittt just got real cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Advice To PMB Handlers And Supporters by PassingShot(m): 7:58am On Jun 03, 2015
Degis:

Truly, I agree with you on the fact that they didn't lose on those lies but you will also realize that they lost because they were never supposed to have won in the first place. When a party decides to ride in arrogance and flagrant abuse of power and lack of internal democracy, they deserve to lose.

I don't shed a tear for them but I want you to realize that Nigerians have become far more sophisticated than ever before and as such Buhari should be ready for the warts and all that come with acquiring power
True that. Buhari will prove to be more democratic than most of us ever thought.

The way he carried himself (largely ignoring his detractors) during the campaign surprised me.

Time shall tell.
Re: Another Advice To PMB Handlers And Supporters by Pangea: 8:07am On Jun 03, 2015
Thank God that those in government have acknowledged the importance of social media and I know they have learnt a lot as regards the last dispensation.
They will never take the opinion of genuine change seekers for granted
With that fact alone.
They will get it right
They may stumble at the initial,
Ultimately they should get it right in the long run.
And Nigeria will be better for it.
Re: Another Advice To PMB Handlers And Supporters by Iroh88(m): 8:14am On Jun 03, 2015
PassingShot:

They are just overly emotional. Imagine the kind of useless threads that flood this board these days. Just makes it so hard for one to have a reasonable conversation. Loads of "personal" threads and very few from recognised sources.

I've learnt to ignore most of them and egg yall to do the same.
Re: Another Advice To PMB Handlers And Supporters by PassingShot(m): 8:17am On Jun 03, 2015
Iroh88:
They are just overly emotional. Imagine the kind of useless threads that flood this board these days. Just makes it so hard for one to have a reasonable conversation. Loads of "personal" threads and very few from recognised sources.

I've learnt to ignore most of them and egg yall to do the same.
Ignoring non-issue threads as much as possible is the best way to keep one's sanity.

I don't blame the mods who push such threads to the FP since they have to generate traffic. And we all know that it's controversial topics that bring traffic. It's the painful and absurd reality.
Re: Another Advice To PMB Handlers And Supporters by Nobody: 8:18am On Jun 03, 2015
The APC approach is what will used against Buhari.

Liar Mohammed and El Rufai used to spew the most bogus lies against the GEJ administration.

They knew that their gullible supporters will lap any lie they issue and that damage control was left to GEJ's media team.

The GEJ administration overrated the intelligence of the average Nigerian assuming that they will see El Rufai's hate filled rants and Liar Mohammed's blatant lies as opposition propaganda further assuming that their credibility will work against the duo but alas Nigerians are dull misinformed people.

Buhari's media team will not be able to do better than that of Jonathan since the APC has instituted rumours and mockery in our politics.

It is Tit for farking tat
Re: Another Advice To PMB Handlers And Supporters by TheSonOfMark(m): 8:22am On Jun 03, 2015
worksmart:
difficult to read
That's exactly why you should have repeated junior high school.smiley

1 Like

Re: Another Advice To PMB Handlers And Supporters by Nobody: 8:30am On Jun 03, 2015
TheSonOfMark:
That's exactly why you should have repeated junior high school.smiley

This is why we have an illiterate as President in the 21st century.

Plebiscide has been committed on our Democracy and Nation by ignorant Niggaz ike that fool you quoted.
Re: Another Advice To PMB Handlers And Supporters by TheSonOfMark(m): 8:40am On Jun 03, 2015
Buhari's supporters are complaining just 6 days later. Quite ironic.smiley

The temper of the average Nigerian seems pensive like the volcanic Mountain Etna in it's seemingly dormant phase. Wait till the ongoing shenanigans by PMB and his Northern cohorts linger for too long acting as a pressurizer- the catalyst.

When they erupt, the result would be pyroclastic with civil unrest.

Like the end result of the solidified magma from the volcanic eruption, the civil unrest would birth a new Nigeria premised or templated on the collective decisions of every region...OR A DIVIDED COUNTRY.

Something tells me the later would be better for us. Actually I know it would.wink
Re: Another Advice To PMB Handlers And Supporters by Firefire(m): 8:49am On Jun 03, 2015
Respect beget respect.

APC everywhere and on Nairaland should be ready to either apologise for all the evil words against Jonathan or be ready to face same as we progress.

Nothing more, we shall play by the rules already set by APC against the government in power.
Re: Another Advice To PMB Handlers And Supporters by joeyfire(m): 8:52am On Jun 03, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

This is why we have an illiterate as President in the 21st century.

Plebiscide has been committed on our Democracy and Nation by ignorant Niggaz ike that fool you quoted.

The negro was voted in and nobody saw his waec certificate. Not even mention of his crime of perjury. Yet nigerians think they are smart ppl. Smh

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos: What I Saw In PH Inner-Hoods Last Week: Wike Is Working / Nigeria Might Still Break Up Under Buhari-pointblanknews / SEE The Full List Of Saraki’s Loyalists Ready To Fight For Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.