Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,335 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

NIMASA Pays Tompolo N1.5bn Monthly – Ex-chairman - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NIMASA Pays Tompolo N1.5bn Monthly – Ex-chairman (42887 Views)

'All Former Air Force Chiefs Diverted N558.2million Monthly'-Ex-NAF Finance Dir. / Sam Inokoba Is Dead (Ex-Chairman PDP In Bayelsa State) / Tompolo Denies Receiving N1.5bn Monthly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NIMASA Pays Tompolo N1.5bn Monthly – Ex-chairman by philips70(m): 7:08am On Jun 03, 2015
One of the reasons they hurriedly relieved Lamido Sanusi. The canary was becoming too much for them.

7 Likes

Re: NIMASA Pays Tompolo N1.5bn Monthly – Ex-chairman by aieromon(m): 7:08am On Jun 03, 2015
Wow. This is what happens when you leave a goat in charge of a barn full of yams. No matter the size of the harvest, yams will still go missing.

I just cannot fathom why the former Prez will hand over security of the nation's pipelines to unrecognised security operatives.

God,please give our new Prez the strength and wisdom to sanitise the petroleum sector.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIMASA Pays Tompolo N1.5bn Monthly – Ex-chairman by Nobody: 7:14am On Jun 03, 2015
Before nko? Is It not their oyel money? Besides he is working for it.We need to know how many barrels were missing before Tompolo started securing the waterways. Mentioning the amount also without the scope of work is childish. What are the area of dimensions of the waterways? How many people are involved in the job?

2 Likes

Re: NIMASA Pays Tompolo N1.5bn Monthly – Ex-chairman by philips70(m): 7:15am On Jun 03, 2015
chukwudi44:
Before nko? Is It not their oyel money? Besides he is working for it.We need to know how many barrels were missing before Tompolo started securing the waterways. Mentioning the amount also without the scope of work is childish. What are the area of dimensions of the waterways? How many people are involved in the job?

You are a criminal.

32 Likes

Re: NIMASA Pays Tompolo N1.5bn Monthly – Ex-chairman by searider(m): 7:17am On Jun 03, 2015
For what now?
Re: NIMASA Pays Tompolo N1.5bn Monthly – Ex-chairman by Realdeals(m): 7:18am On Jun 03, 2015
Lobatan
Re: NIMASA Pays Tompolo N1.5bn Monthly – Ex-chairman by Nobody: 7:18am On Jun 03, 2015
Buhari might just go ahead and revoke the contract and we start losing N 20billion monthly. For those fanning the embers of war,do note that the Nigerian economy and army cannot at the moment cope with insurgency in both the north east and Niger delta simultaneously.

Buhari in the first few days has not proven to be any better than GEJ.boko haram have even increased attacks since he came on board. We don't need niger delta I insurgency now

2 Likes

Re: NIMASA Pays Tompolo N1.5bn Monthly – Ex-chairman by Nobody: 7:18am On Jun 03, 2015
Na shekau make dem give money before Smh

1 Like

Re: NIMASA Pays Tompolo N1.5bn Monthly – Ex-chairman by myklangelo(m): 7:20am On Jun 03, 2015
This is unf**king believable. For me to believe his is to stretch my imagination to the moon.

The 1st Igbo language blog is out, it is fun and insightful. Visit, comment, share and criticize.www.odeniigbo..com
Re: NIMASA Pays Tompolo N1.5bn Monthly – Ex-chairman by Nobody: 7:20am On Jun 03, 2015
PassingShot:
I am very interested in what Barcanista, Dearpreye, Mogidi (more like Shigidi), SeverusSnape (more like Severe headache), and their fellow Lower Niger Republicans will say on this thread.

Waiting .......
why u no mention my name... cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NIMASA Pays Tompolo N1.5bn Monthly – Ex-chairman by EplFanSite: 7:20am On Jun 03, 2015
Interesting Facts You Don’t Know About Sepp Blatter

Sepp Blatter yesterday announced that he will be stepping down as FIFA president after 17 years as president of the world soccer ruling body. Blatter who was re-elected few days back amidst allegations of corruption with several of FIFA’s top figures indicted, shocked the football community with the news.

But who is this man? here are some interesting facts you don’t know about Sepp Blatter.

Read @ http://www.afaat.com/2015/06/facts-about-sepp-blatter/
Re: NIMASA Pays Tompolo N1.5bn Monthly – Ex-chairman by slap1(m): 7:21am On Jun 03, 2015
And they say crime does not pay...

5 Likes

Re: NIMASA Pays Tompolo N1.5bn Monthly – Ex-chairman by PassingShot(m): 7:22am On Jun 03, 2015
IzonOwei:
why u no mention my name... cool
I forgot that you follow join bro. Sorry.

Oya nak me tory. How you see am? cool

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIMASA Pays Tompolo N1.5bn Monthly – Ex-chairman by DaGC(m): 7:22am On Jun 03, 2015
I think what should be taken into consideration here is whether there was an improvement compared to before the country. Some of you lots make noise forgetting that the navy do not know the routes of most creeks in the Niger Delta. That was why it was hard for them to stop the militancy actions back then making the government to negotiate considering how much Nigeria was losing daily. Sure, it seems N1.5B is big but people also seem to forget that the contract encompasses security and surveillance in over 4states, so think of the resources required.

And to the re.tards who are always quick to say some of these people dont help any Niger Deltans should also know that there are over 4000 fighters under Tompolo alone, thats employment for 4,000 people, plus these contracts also require other Niger delta labour. Not even gonna talk of the companies owned by other prominent Niger Deltans.

That the empowerment didn't get to you, doesn't mean they don't empower people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NIMASA Pays Tompolo N1.5bn Monthly – Ex-chairman by Xano(m): 7:27am On Jun 03, 2015
This amount is extreme. These 'security' payments are extreme and uncalled for. You were the Chairman, but kept quiet. Now you are no longer Chairman, its time to talk. Interesting.

4 Likes

Re: NIMASA Pays Tompolo N1.5bn Monthly – Ex-chairman by rabimlomo: 7:27am On Jun 03, 2015
chukwudi44:
Buhari might just go ahead and revoke the contract and we start losing N 20billion monthly. For those fanning the embers of war,do note that the Nigerian economy and army cannot at the moment cope with insurgency in both the north east and Niger delta simultaneously.

Buhari in the first few days has not proven to be any better than GEJ.boko haram have even increased attacks since he came on board. We don't need niger delta I insurgency now

No body is fanning any ember of war. Stop this bogotry and realise we are all in this together, north, south, s/w, s,e N/D. Everyone is included. If they collect that amount for trivial reasons, then they should be stopped. We should condemn acts of inhumanity in whatever form and by whoever. Tow wrongs does not make a right.

20 Likes

Re: NIMASA Pays Tompolo N1.5bn Monthly – Ex-chairman by hrykanu231(m): 7:27am On Jun 03, 2015
abuayman:
In a typical Niger-Deltan voice;
"Na Our Oyel".

Na our oyel, but na only dis ones wey be bad guys the chop am. Graduates for here no go chop too?
Dem no go give our mama dem small make den chop too?
Water never dey to drink, because oil dey untop oyibo say na oyel spillage.
Dem no go build school from the money small give us, sha dem say them they fit for we people.
We no see difference between dem, thief people for abuja and that wicked oyibo man we dey rig. Simple, let them invest in the region

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIMASA Pays Tompolo N1.5bn Monthly – Ex-chairman by Nobody: 7:28am On Jun 03, 2015
Oboy ehh see money....

But this is isnt fair with the militant leaders...I think this tompolo and his gang of militants need to rest and leave the niger delta struggle alone... angry...its obvious they care about there tommy more than the majority of niger deltans....1.5billion naira to protect the water ways when of recent sea piracy almost cost the lives of my dad and uncle while embarking on a journey to the village... angry....this is not fair...these guys dont even create welfare programmes for the poor and unemployed in the oil rich zone with all the monies theyv been paid..

Let the payments be stopped and the money given to responsible indigenes to join hands with the navy to protect the waters so that they navigable..

What arrant rubbish from tompolo...

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIMASA Pays Tompolo N1.5bn Monthly – Ex-chairman by philips70(m): 7:29am On Jun 03, 2015
chukwudi44:

As daft as you are, calculate 400000 barrels x $100 daily and come back here. When was the last time you had a balance of N100000 in your account?

13 Likes

Re: NIMASA Pays Tompolo N1.5bn Monthly – Ex-chairman by Nobody: 7:30am On Jun 03, 2015
PassingShot:

I forgot that you follow join bro. Sorry.

Oya nak me tory. How you see am? cool
grin....i don drop my comment already...I dey vex scatter here...

5 Likes

Re: NIMASA Pays Tompolo N1.5bn Monthly – Ex-chairman by masotemi: 7:31am On Jun 03, 2015
Flets:
A critical review of the Nigerian situation reveals that Nigeria is at a dead end.

Stopping that contract has dire implications that could crumble the Nigerian economy in a matter of weeks.

Its morally wrong to pay out such funds just like amnesty in a perfect society but almost justified in the Nigerian context its absence could lead to the loss of everything.

Nigeria must adopt true federalism through regional governance to progress. Anything short of that is mere anarchy.

Shallow minds will say, take away the contract and take the war to them. We cannot war and produce crude oil (generate revenue, allocations, Salaries) at the same time. We have to choose one.

Tompolo is not an institution, but an individual! If he dies tomorrow, what become of the contract. Responsible government all over the world build institutions not individuals. We need to re-focus and begin to put all our military and para military institutions in proper perspective for better service delivery....

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NIMASA Pays Tompolo N1.5bn Monthly – Ex-chairman by segalex: 7:32am On Jun 03, 2015
can you imagine such absurdity! why not use the money to benefit of the entire populace in the Niger delta instead of giving it to a few people?
I learnt there are places in the region with no good roads and portable water yet gej kept diverting money meant for the people to the purse of few.
it's even bad these people aren't ready to give back to the people, I can't understand why asari would go and establish a university in Benin republic when he could have used thesame university to reduce unemployment among his people if it was established in Niger delta.
I pray that God will give buhari the wisdom to handle this such that the common men will benefit more rather than a few individuals

4 Likes

Re: NIMASA Pays Tompolo N1.5bn Monthly – Ex-chairman by Nobody: 7:32am On Jun 03, 2015
The children of anger and hate should desist from mentioning me to comment on threads. I'll make my contributions whenever I feel compelled to do so. I won't pander to you folks!

I'm ever committed to truth, transparency and fairness. Thank you!

Topic: This was one particular area I almost went mad with former President GEJ. Why give out such surveillance contracts to a militant when we have the Navy and all other forces capable of defending our pipelines. I never approved of it, though he may have his own reasons for so doing. I was never in support of it.

This, and other programs are simply crumbs doled out to our people. True federalism is what we truly desire.

I have never supported enriching some corrupt militants against making robust plans and programs that will benefit the entire region.

Meanwhile, I will soon own my own OIL WELL! I'm supposed to own at least ONE! !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NIMASA Pays Tompolo N1.5bn Monthly – Ex-chairman by focus7: 7:32am On Jun 03, 2015
This multibillion naira contracts to hooligans is one of the biggest fraud I consider committed by Jonathan.

3 Likes

Re: NIMASA Pays Tompolo N1.5bn Monthly – Ex-chairman by philips70(m): 7:33am On Jun 03, 2015
IzonOwei:
Oboy ehh see money....

But this is isnt fair with the militant leaders...I think this tompolo and his gang of militants need to rest and leave the niger delta struggle alone... angry...its obvious they care about there tommy more than the majority of niger deltans....1.5billion naira to protect the water ways when of recent sea piracy almost cost the lives of my dad and uncle while embarking on a journey to the village... angry....this is not fair...these guys dont even create welfare programmes for the poor and unemployed in the oil rich zone with all the monies theyv been paid..

Let the payments be stopped and the money given to responsible indigenes to join hands with the navy to protect the waters so that they navigable..

May God replenish your wisdom. We from the Niger Delta need to see these guys for who they really are. Take a boat from Warri waterside to Okrenkoko and Odidi and wonder what Tompolo has been doing with the billions. The people are still suffering mercilessly.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NIMASA Pays Tompolo N1.5bn Monthly – Ex-chairman by Pascal181: 7:33am On Jun 03, 2015
1.5bn naira 4 fomer rebels?, dis is totally unaceptable. That money can generate decent employment 4 thousands of unemployed youths. No wonder d nothern elders re seeking 4 armnesty 4 their armies (boko haram)

2 Likes

Re: NIMASA Pays Tompolo N1.5bn Monthly – Ex-chairman by superstar1(m): 7:33am On Jun 03, 2015
Sincerely why are you all blaming Tompolo?

He simply saw an ATM in GEJ, the Mandela of Otuoke,, and he maximised his opportunity. If I was in his shoes too, I could have demanded for 5bn per month payment.

6 Likes

Re: NIMASA Pays Tompolo N1.5bn Monthly – Ex-chairman by Nobody: 7:35am On Jun 03, 2015
philips70:

You are a criminal.

You are a terrorist ode!!!
Re: NIMASA Pays Tompolo N1.5bn Monthly – Ex-chairman by Nobody: 7:36am On Jun 03, 2015
IzonOwei:
Oboy ehh see money....

Fully aligned with!

1 Like

Re: NIMASA Pays Tompolo N1.5bn Monthly – Ex-chairman by ceaserian(m): 7:36am On Jun 03, 2015
hmmmm naija eleda ginger my way… eleda nourish my days… let my enemies enter railway… carry me go where my own blessings

1 Like

Re: NIMASA Pays Tompolo N1.5bn Monthly – Ex-chairman by Maxymilla(m): 7:37am On Jun 03, 2015
Hmmmm.....suumtin amazed me about dis post...where re d TANoids I hardly saw any comment frm dem on dis post. Its just sadenning dat dey knw quite vividly well dat d past administration brought d economy of our dear nation to its kneel, yet for stand on d truth dey go about wit lies nd propagangan wen d wind of change had blown....if truth nids b told....Jonathan's administration had really brought d economy of Nigeria to its lowest ebb....so sadenning...

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Precious Chikwendu Fani-Kayode Expecting Triplets (Maternity Photos) / Ministerial List: Fresh Nomination Crisis In South-west Apc-tribune / Deji Adeleke Denies Osun 2018 ‘Governorship Ambition’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.