Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,725 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

Entrepreneurs: Born Or Made Or Lucky ? -lets Discuss - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Entrepreneurs: Born Or Made Or Lucky ? -lets Discuss (15948 Views)

Godwin Emefiele – Financial Guru Or Lucky Mugu - Naira Insider / 7 Habits Of Successful Entrepreneurs. / Are Entrepreneurs Born Or Made? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Entrepreneurs: Born Or Made Or Lucky ? -lets Discuss by Opiosko: 6:33pm On Jun 10, 2015
goofyone:

Some people are really born geniuses. It's a scientific fact.
There is no doubt that some people are inately more gifted than others in different ways(aspects). The problem here is that the op is an atheist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Entrepreneurs: Born Or Made Or Lucky ? -lets Discuss by haroldflexy(m): 7:58pm On Jun 10, 2015
Sup Guys.... I sincerely hate being selfish. Thought i should share this. Check it out. Be the First!! Thank me later!!

Discover how you can begin a legitimate online business that pumps cash to your bank account daily. Here is a onetime chance to lay hands on the best reports that has helped me and my other subscribers earn income online! If you desire to succeed, then tag alone with thousands already enjoying this. Visit here to get started immediately www.infobiznaija.com/harold

If you desire to become wealthy, you must be in business for yourself
– Gary C. Halbert

If you have not heard about it, click the link below to join in now and get more detailed info. Go here www.infobiznaija.com/harold

No Business premises, No Computer Knowledge, No Huge Capital Setup!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Entrepreneurs: Born Or Made Or Lucky ? -lets Discuss by dboss444: 8:55pm On Jun 10, 2015
Reason For Question:
In time past, i have always argued that if i am handed just N1
Million, i will invest and become rich to the likes of Dangote,
Otedola, A. A Rano, Wale Tinubu, Bello Osaghie, Pascal Dozie,
Mike Adenuga but to mention a few. Today, am in that spot
(have the necessary resources) which i have always dreamt to
be in other to rise to the height of Dangote etc. and have
found out its not easy brainstorming or finding that right idea
or been a successful entrepreneur.

Ymodulus I respect u a lot, but I must let us know somthing. The secret of success is individuality (in yourself and in your idea). There is no idea that is the right idea. I have read a lot of motivational books that teaches u on the process to be successful but trust me if u bliv nd pratice everything in that book, you will still remain @ dat level or only move up a little. Modern captalism the economy we pratice is all about greed. To be wealthy u must be greedy. Evry motivational book tells u only one side of the story. Have u read what wicked thomas edison did to tesla?
Have u read what jd rockefeller did to america?
our dangote runz d biggest monopoly in africa
Remember there is a sir attached to richard branson name u knw what that means.
All our role model billionaire r bloody greedy animals.
It's nt bad to be like them but just have it @ d bck of your mind dat you'll hv to be a beast to become filthy rich. Brainstorming nd hardwork,smart work alone can't tk u 2 these billionaires height it's impossible.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Entrepreneurs: Born Or Made Or Lucky ? -lets Discuss by Opiosko: 9:14pm On Jun 10, 2015
dboss444:
Reason For Question:
In time past, i have always argued that if i am handed just N1
Million, i will invest and become rich to the likes of Dangote,
Otedola, A. A Rano, Wale Tinubu, Bello Osaghie, Pascal Dozie,
Mike Adenuga but to mention a few. Today, am in that spot
(have the necessary resources) which i have always dreamt to
be in other to rise to the height of Dangote etc. and have
found out its not easy brainstorming or finding that right idea
or been a successful entrepreneur.

Ymodulus I respect u a lot, but I must let us know somthing. The secret of success is individuality (in yourself and in your idea). There is no idea that is the right idea. I have read a lot of motivational books that teaches u on the process to be successful but trust me if u bliv nd pratice everything in that book, you will still remain @ dat level or only move up a little. Modern captalism the economy we pratice is all about greed. To be wealthy u must be greedy. Evry motivational book tells u only one side of the story. Have u read what wicked thomas edison did to tesla?
Have u read what jd rockefeller did to america?
our dangote runz d biggest monopoly in africa
Remember there is a sir attached to richard branson name u knw what that means.
All our role model billionaire r bloody greedy animals.
It's nt bad to be like them but just have it @ d bck of your mind dat you'll hv to be a beast to become filthy rich. Brainstorming nd hardwork,smart work alone can't tk u 2 these billionaires height it's impossible.
I hate it when people demonis success. Business is a competition and being competitive is not same as being greedy. I bet you will bless your stars if you find yourslf having monopoly of a lucrative business niche tomorrow.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Entrepreneurs: Born Or Made Or Lucky ? -lets Discuss by dboss444: 9:23pm On Jun 10, 2015
@opiosko read what I said, I said it's not a bad thing to be like the billionaires, I'm also working on my ambition to be 1. See u @ d top. Modern capitalism promotes greed that just d truth. Why is china doing very well today the government is not captitalistic nd they watch out for individuals that want to thread that part

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Entrepreneurs: Born Or Made Or Lucky ? -lets Discuss by Opiosko: 9:44pm On Jun 10, 2015
dboss444:
@opiosko read what I said, I said it's not a bad thing to be like the billionaires, I'm also working on my ambition to be 1. See u @ d top. Modern capitalism promotes greed that just d truth. Why is china doing very well today the government is not captitalistic nd they watch out for individuals that want to thread that part
I got ur point. What i wanted to point out is that you don't necessarily have to be greedy to make it big in a capitalist economy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Entrepreneurs: Born Or Made Or Lucky ? -lets Discuss by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jun 10, 2015
This is my take
Some are born and some are made entreprenuership is a spirit some receive from birth the keys to it
But some by training and struggle become it
For instanve igbos are born entreprenues but the yoruba great farmer have now become more enternurally successful than the igbos becos of training, study, learning experience exposure and etc

This is my view and I mean no disrespect to any tribe.

emmyvet:
They are simply made!
It depends on the ability of one to find a solution to a problem and thinking of something new(outside the box).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Entrepreneurs: Born Or Made Or Lucky ? -lets Discuss by Nobody: 1:06am On Jun 11, 2015
Opiosko:
There is no doubt that some people are inately more gifted than others in different ways(aspects). The problem here is that the op is an atheist.
I'm actually fairly an atheist, somewhat. And i don't see it the same way
Re: Entrepreneurs: Born Or Made Or Lucky ? -lets Discuss by Ymodulus: 7:54am On Jun 11, 2015
@Opiosko,

Atheist can vary on views but when it comes to the fact of if there is a God. They are one.

Also nice signature, you have got there. You got me smiling. Don't let Seun see that

1 Like

Re: Entrepreneurs: Born Or Made Or Lucky ? -lets Discuss by Ymodulus: 8:01am On Jun 11, 2015
dboss444:
I tend to agree and not agree on this. However I just don't know how to put my thoughts on this down. As its more of economics than the topic.

Opiosko:
I hate it when people demonis success. Business is a competition and being competitive is not same as being greedy. I bet you will bless your stars if you find yourslf having monopoly of a lucrative business niche tomorrow.

I will agree with you. And if I have to cheap something in like dboss444 said earlier on,

I think if you want to be so rich. You have to just get dirty (I do not mean dirty NY killing people or cultist act like Nigerians belief) I mean trying to seek undue favor or manipulate things in the economy By romancing those in power.

But in all, I don't see it a bad thing. I think its one of those things necessary to get to the top. And we should not term it bad. To be monopolistic

2 Likes

Re: Entrepreneurs: Born Or Made Or Lucky ? -lets Discuss by Marioplus(m): 12:12pm On Jun 11, 2015
goofyone:
Personally, i don't think there's a clear-cut response to this question. Some entrepreneurs are made, some are born and there's got to be a balance of both worlds in some other entrepreneurs. And when we say an entrepreneur is born, we do not mean that he was born with an inscription on his forehead saying "this baby will become a successful entrepreneur". No! Rather, some persons are both with such gift that there'll consistently be a nagging desire in their heart to chase a path of creating solutions and perhaps profiting from these solutions, if they want. Modern capitalism has assured anyone who can solve a dire need of making wealth from his solution. While some insist on collecting this wealth, others, like Salk, give it out for free.

It's almost true that most entrepreneurs don't start out to make money. Instead, they want to provide solutions. Expectedly though, this solution makes them money.

So, no doubt, some people are born with that desperate desire to invent in order to satisfy the needs of their neighbors. In that respect at least it can be said that entrepreneurs are born.

Then, there's also something to be said for those who have successfully made themselves into entrepreneurs. Perhaps by accident, perhaps by sheer will. Somehow, they saw an opportunity and latched onto it on their way to becoming as successful as they are today.

Examples? I'd say McLaren, Edison, Tesla, Musk, Gates fall into a class of entrepreneurs who are born, for from very little they always demonstrated a desire to solve problems and provide solutions. This will eventually bring them the giant corporations they created.

Folks like Otedola, Dangote, Oprah, Trump, Akon look to me they saw opportunities and grabbed them becoming successfully eventually. Akon, for example, might be a great singer, but certainly didn't become successful from being one. There are a thousand more people around the world with great voices and awesome lyrics who haven't come across such opportunities as Akon had.
Every human being was loaded with the desire to make the best out of life by GOD just like GOD IS EVER CREATIVE
If you bring that desire into action i.e doing it the way successful people did it
You will definitely become successful not minding the time but if you come across an opportunity
and you do not use it like successful people do, you will never become successful.
Successful people are made not born!!!
No matter your background,
No matter the opportunity,
if there is no "WILL, DETERMINATION AND PERSISTENCE" for SUCCESS cultivated and nurtured by you from "WITHIN"
You will never be successful

1 Like

Re: Entrepreneurs: Born Or Made Or Lucky ? -lets Discuss by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jun 11, 2015
Marioplus:

Every human being was loaded with the desire to make the best out of life by GOD just like GOD IS EVER CREATIVE
If you bring that desire into action i.e doing it the way successful people did it
You will definitely become successful not minding the time but if you come across an opportunity
and you do not use it like successful people do, you will never become successful.
Successful people are made not born!!!
No matter your background,
No matter the opportunity,
if there is no "WILL, DETERMINATION AND PERSISTENCE" for SUCCESS cultivated and nurtured by you from "WITHIN"
You will never be successful
perfect point. but you forgot we are not talking about successful people here, we are talking instead about successful entrepreneurs.
Re: Entrepreneurs: Born Or Made Or Lucky ? -lets Discuss by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jun 11, 2015
very interesting debate....................
but seriously are entrepreneurs made or born?

my own take is entrepreneurs are made, as no matter how talented naturally you are as an entrepreneur without constant desire to improve and develop. you will soon fizzle out due fierce competition in the business word.

1 Like

Re: Entrepreneurs: Born Or Made Or Lucky ? -lets Discuss by Sibrah: 8:15am On Jun 12, 2015
Ymodulus:

I must confess i just fell in love with your reply. Especially the words in bold. However, i have a question, when an entrepreneur follows your outlined narration and such business fails, Dont you think he wasn't destined for it?

Do you think its that easy?
Now lets be little bit pessimistic, what if after working and solving, you still never succeeded?

Business failure is mostly due to mismanagement. The most common one being the issue of gradually depleting the business capital to feed and shelter(SMEs are mostly guilty of this). Business management process has become scientific and evolved enough for entrepreneurs to foresee a wide range, if not all of, a dying business' symptom and re-adjust accordingly. A small business woman who sells provision of N100,000 and knows how to build cost of transportation into cost of goods, separate profit from capital, convert profit into capital consciously, read the market ( delve into fast moving goods around her and/or know what will become less profitable in the nearest future), know what her personal recurrent bill is, will likely grow her business than the woman who only know of adding extra cost for profit and knowing when 'market dey sell and no dey sell' alone. Most businesses follow same management principle but managers aren't conscious of the most businesses moves they make. Business management has become extremely scientific and the main reason entrepreneur fails is that of not knowing where and when to fit their assest, capital, liabilities, wages into. It becomes even harder when it is a very new idea and unprecedented idea, at least to the entrepreneurs.

1 Like

Re: Entrepreneurs: Born Or Made Or Lucky ? -lets Discuss by 9janinja(m): 7:43am On Jun 20, 2015
Palazopro:

I believe the environment u find urself coupled with the circumstances in which u are in will bring out the ruggedness in you. In other words, entrepreneurs are made. Take the Ibo's for instance, u see them learning a trade and then establishing their own businesses.

dats y i luv dem,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,n others will say dey luv money
Re: Entrepreneurs: Born Or Made Or Lucky ? -lets Discuss by Cwhyte(m): 8:08am On Jun 20, 2015
Well, i agree that entrepreneurs are born (u will hear of very young kids starting up business so early in life, they might not be very successfully rich probably because of their niche but they are entrepreneurs anyways)

Well, i also agree that entrepreneurs are made. You can configure yourself to be whatever you wish. You just have to keep studying, hard working and focus.

But I cannot take away the fact that all these born and made entrepreneurs are lucky. Successful business minded people take risks and opportunity.
Re: Entrepreneurs: Born Or Made Or Lucky ? -lets Discuss by 400billionman: 9:52pm On Jun 20, 2015
Ymodulus:
Introduction
There is always a divide as to the question _ Are entrepreneurs Born or Made. However many response ae in support of the divide that Entrepreneurs are born, not made – that what leads someone to become a successful entrepreneur has more to do with their personality and innate qualities than anything learned through formal education.

Entrepreneurs Born
The biographies of several successful entrepreneurs _ as Richard Branson, Alan Sugar and Theo Paphitis, all of whom left school at 16 to make their own way in the world of business, add to the impression that entrepreneurs are born not made. The idea that certain entrepreneurial traits – such as being able to spot opportunities, think differently and take risks – may be inherent has even led to a whole new area of genetic research. Other stories to support the notion of entrepreneurs been born includes - Story of the Walmart, Jae Yong etc.

My View:
My view on this has largely been affected due to my Atheistic Believe that nothing is inherent/genetic; That we are products of who we work to be _ Everything we are, We struggle and Work for. However, recently i am beginning to drop this ideology, to the other side of the divide that entrepreneurs are born and not made.

Reason For Question:
[size=18]In time past, i have always argued that if i am handed just N1 Million, i will invest and become rich to the likes of Dangote, Otedola, A. A Rano, Wale Tinubu, Bello Osaghie, Pascal Dozie, Mike Adenuga but to mention a few. Today, am in that spot (have the necessary resources) which i have always dreamt to be in other to rise to the height of Dangote etc. and have found out its not easy brainstorming or finding that right idea or been a successful entrepreneur.[/size]

All these got me thinking, are successful entrepreneurs born or made or lucky?

Note: i don't believe in luck. But couldn't help chipping this in

Cc:

Lmao...
Re: Entrepreneurs: Born Or Made Or Lucky ? -lets Discuss by 400billionman: 10:08pm On Jun 20, 2015
GBAworld:
Entrepreneur are Made. I've been to a lot of convention and seminars and also met a lot of successful people. Most of them are there at the event with their children. So what do you expect to become those children when they grow up? "Not all of them will make it either" And listening to there stories , you will know they are not born as Entrepreneur, most people get sick and tired of what life is doing to them and right there , at a point in life they began to do extraordinary things. Most of them that look like they are born as Entrepreneur are not but only had an opportunity to grow with Entrepreneur mindset based on their parents personalities and exposure to life. You have to position yourself right in life to throughly experience success. So, Entrepreneur are made.

Before you can find yourself on the land of paradise,''Land that is filled with milk ,prosperity and honey'' you will have to first past through the jungle, dessert and encounter some wide animals,'' your experience, challenges, failure and breakdown''. Then by the time you get to the other side, you will be bold, have a thick skin and proud of yourself. One way all the other every Entrepreneur pass through all this, but the spirit is never to Quit.

You have acquired experience...
Re: Entrepreneurs: Born Or Made Or Lucky ? -lets Discuss by Tmany(m): 9:16am On Jun 21, 2015
They are Made but there is that factor of LUCK there.
Re: Entrepreneurs: Born Or Made Or Lucky ? -lets Discuss by ay4real1: 9:29am On Jun 21, 2015
Do you need a bosting for your business? Get 80 million Nigeria phone numbers and 2 million email address @ a very affordable price ....call 07069693906 , Bbm 557F80E0
Re: Entrepreneurs: Born Or Made Or Lucky ? -lets Discuss by xfile: 9:50am On Jun 21, 2015
Every one is an entrepreneur and entrepreneurship is all about taking risk.
Now my reasons..
1: LIFE in itself is a risk. For example, back then In 2008 , I was involved in a ghastly motor accident on my way back from school. Precisely along lagos ibadan express road. But I am still , till tommorow ever Greatfull to God that i am alive to to tell this story.
Now, if a pastor or herbalist had told me before the journey that I would b involved in such, I would have either done any of both
A: postponed the journey
B: or take the risk and travel notwithstanding...
But an ENTERPRENEUR would take the risk irrespective of the challenges ahead.

Now the SUMMARY
A BORN ENTERPRENEUR is a business man UNCONCIOUSLY, because he sees it as a way of life . Either because he was born into such family or it was either a natural calling.
A MADE ENTERPRENEUR is a CONCIOUS business man who is so scared about financial insecurity in the future. And now decides to create both defensive and offensive mechanism to escape such irrespective of the fact that there is a very slim chance if winning.

2 Likes

Re: Entrepreneurs: Born Or Made Or Lucky ? -lets Discuss by 400billionman: 9:53am On Jun 21, 2015
Tmany:
They are Made but there is that factor of LUCK there.

To answer the poster's question, entrepreneurs are born, some are made and others lucky. In addition, the richest entrepreneurs are born.

For the lucky ones, they soon lose their fortune if they do not acquire sound business experience while being lucky.

Now, what baffles the poster about the N1m wish is, how can I convert my N1m into N1bn via rapid business growth? Or how do I combine the factors of capital, labour and market demand to become a billionaire ?

My answer is, check out most billionaires, they don't do only one type of business. The business which gives them their breakthrough is often not their fist venture. Eg. Dangote, Richard Branson, Adenuga

I am four years in business now, I am doing my 4th start up. And all my businesses earn something either daily, weekly, monthly or annually. That means, I will never lack cash. The key is being insatiable and feeling you have never started. Finally, i will advice, " Set new goals everyday "..

3 Likes

Re: Entrepreneurs: Born Or Made Or Lucky ? -lets Discuss by vaniesexy: 6:39pm On Jun 21, 2015
The simple truth remains that: If you think it's a scam,i still get If you think it's too good to be true,i still get paid If you join this now, we both get paid And if you don't, I still get paid. If I were you,i would choose a choice that favours me. Wish you all the best, join my team in helping hand HV a strategy DAT will make of us successful, watapp me 08161679285
Re: Entrepreneurs: Born Or Made Or Lucky ? -lets Discuss by A7(m): 11:56pm On Jul 04, 2015
Ymodulus

Do you buy from amazon.com? Would you help me purchase a $3.54 book there
?

I have a relative diagnosed with bladder cancer, though discharged from the hospital(been to about 5 diff hospitals) he still live with a foley catheter and that's heartbreaking.

I read a testimony of a woman who beat stage 4 cancer, did some internet digging and found her wikipedia profile, and a website to her name solely for her publications on children books, she's a writer. This makes me think she is not a scammer. Even more interesting is she wrote a whole book on how she goes about fighting and winning the unfortunate illness.

That book is on Amazon.com, I wanna read it, we want it.

Unfortunately, at this moment I don't have any account for e-transaction, that's the reason I call on you hoping you might act as that medium making it possible for us to have that book.

Looking forward to your response/consideration. Stay blessed.
Re: Entrepreneurs: Born Or Made Or Lucky ? -lets Discuss by Ymodulus: 2:54am On Jul 05, 2015
A7:
Ymodulus

Do you buy from amazon.com? Would you help me purchase a $3.54 book there
?

I have a relative diagnosed with bladder cancer, though discharged from the hospital(been to about 5 diff hospitals) he still live with a foley catheter and that's heartbreaking.

I read a testimony of a woman who beat stage 4 cancer, did some internet digging and found her wikipedia profile, and a website to her name solely for her publications on children books, she's a writer. This makes me think she is not a scammer. Even more interesting is she wrote a whole book on how she goes about fighting and winning the unfortunate illness.

That book is on Amazon.com, I wanna read it, we want it.

Unfortunately, at this moment I don't have any account for e-transaction, that's the reason I call on you hoping you might act as that medium making it possible for us to have that book.

Looking forward to your response/consideration. Stay blessed.

Please contact Justi4Jesuit
Re: Entrepreneurs: Born Or Made Or Lucky ? -lets Discuss by A7(m): 12:09pm On Jul 05, 2015
Ymodulus:

Please contact Justi4Jesuit
Do you have his email, bbm, whatsapp or something?
https://www.nairaland.com/Justi4Jesuit is giving 404 error
Re: Entrepreneurs: Born Or Made Or Lucky ? -lets Discuss by A7(m): 5:48pm On Jul 05, 2015
Ymodulus

Justi4jesuit contact please.
Re: Entrepreneurs: Born Or Made Or Lucky ? -lets Discuss by A7(m): 2:16pm On Jul 06, 2015
I forgot to add, the book is in pdf format and just 823kb.

So, there is no shipping wahala. The routine will just be buying and downloading.

Please reconsider dude.
Re: Entrepreneurs: Born Or Made Or Lucky ? -lets Discuss by Ymodulus: 6:48pm On Jul 06, 2015
A7:
Ymodulus

Justi4jesuit contact please.
Justi4jesu
Re: Entrepreneurs: Born Or Made Or Lucky ? -lets Discuss by 812clothings(m): 11:59pm On Jul 06, 2015
Entrepreneur(s) being born or made?nobody has a clear answer(s) to this because anybody supporting any has his/her own reasons from perspective which may might differ from others'.

Someone who was born into a family of entrepreneurs and was put through,his family MADE/BORN him/her an entrepreneur.(Both verbs are suitable)

Someone who grew up and became an entrepreneur due to ENVIRONMENT or CIRCUMSTANCE(S) is made an entrepreneur because the bolded words effected him/her one way or the other.
This is an argument which will/might not end.
Re: Entrepreneurs: Born Or Made Or Lucky ? -lets Discuss by A7(m): 7:55pm On Jul 07, 2015
Ymodulus:
Justi4jesu
Thanks. Will contact him right away.
Re: Entrepreneurs: Born Or Made Or Lucky ? -lets Discuss by golddeejay(m): 10:49am On Jul 23, 2015
Enterpreneurs are made and not born. That been said, i beleive some people have the natural traits of good enterpreneurs like boldness, smelling oppurtunities etc. Just like some people have the gift of teaching. It doesnt mean these qualities that make a successful enterpreneur cannot be learn, we may be be surprised that most of dis big enterpreneur lack this qualities initially, but they are forced to learn (by their enviroments or situations).

Some became enterpreneurs very young, giving us the impression that they are born that way. But when you look at their backgrounds, upbringings and other factors, then u understand how and why they master that the art at a tender age. Some entrepreneurs try something ones and they hit gold, some try several times before one comes out good. I wont call it luck, that is just life.

I see a young boy (or selling) selling stuffs maybe due to poverty. The boy may not realise that situation or life is teaching him something. That boy is learning the art of selling which is one of the 'criteria' (cant recollect the right word nw) even without him knowing. Wat dat one need is knowledge, boldness, determination to apply and be creative with what life is teaching him.

All of our actions, talking, reading, playing computer games, walking even me typing was learnt one way or the other. That is why it is easier to become an enterpreneur by the following the actions, models, principles etc of the successful ones through reading abt them, personal mentoring etc

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is It Wise To Start A Business With Loan / CBN To Unveil Naira-Yuan Swap Deal Operational Framework Next Week / Is Easy Taxi Shutting Down in Abuja, Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.