Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,222 members, 7,815,276 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

Top 12 Nigerian Companies To Work In - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Top 12 Nigerian Companies To Work In (4903 Views)

Best 100 Companies To Work For In Nigeria - By Jobberman / List Of Companies To Send Unsolicited Application / Top 5 Nigerian Construction Companies To Work For. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 12 Nigerian Companies To Work In by LaurelP(m): 4:07pm On Jun 03, 2015
The Nigerian industries have experienced a tremendous year of growth; we have seen significant increase in market capitalization, earnings per year and ROI. Invariably this growth had improved the trust index rating between employers and employees. The list cut across different industries and while some are quoted, some are privately owned institutions and some even non-profit. The information provided are not absolute and there are more Nigerian firms with good financial result and structured organizations. While most Nigerian firms still lack the ambience of top firms like Google, Delphi and crazy work ethic like McKinsey and Roland Berger, the effort put into development shows the prospects and a better future. Based on fairness, career growth, trust audit, accessibility to the management, conducive environment among other standard measure, these companies have been carefully picked based on our opinion at CiteWire and from input based on our survey.

By our standards, virtually all of the listed firms here provide a form of health insurance, retirement plans, vacation and sick leave, flexible cafeteria plans.

First Hydrocarbon Nigeria (Oil and gas)

This is an institution that provides workers a safe and career growth environment. With stakeholders Afren Energy (AFR: London stock exchange) 40% and GTB / FCMB taking the remaining 60%, the access to capital and a good management is not far-fetched. With a quiet and effective culture/work mode, working in First Hydrocarbon is an experience with top-notch professionals with direct access to members of the management

FITC Financial Institutions Training Center (Financial)

This is a non-profit financial organization that aids in the building of individuals on the financial sector be it. Portfolio managers, investors, traders and many economists all benefits from this organization as it only not provide a good leap point for one’s carrier but an opportunity to network with individuals who become leaders of different industries in few years to come. With adequate training, virtual library, adequate resources and access to mentors and professionals, this is a good point to set off a fast tracked career. Nominated for a Great Place to Work award based on fairness and respect for employees in 2012 based on the Forbes Cluster average

Oando (Oil and Gas)

Headed by a great industrial architect Wale Tinubu, Oando has seen its share price value steadily bouncing back on the stock watch. Analysts believed the plunge in the stock index that went leeward is going to rise again and that has been their story in the last financial year. With their recent cooking domestic gas product and the acquisition of the OML license for exploration in Ogun state, their profit is forecasted to be heading northwards. Working condition in Oando is great as they provide learning environment, travel opportunities and institutional-like environment for their employees.

Nestle Nigeria (food)

Nestle Nigeria currently marked their crossing N1000 per share in the stock evaluation. A work around this process could be put at the uptight and conservative energy in the management board of the institution. With more revenue injected in the system in place of the regular profit sharing, stock owners have had reasons to rejoice this year. Entry level salary is beyond the average Nigerian entry level salary figure with other reasonable perks of working in a confectionery.

Flour Mills of Nigeria (Foods)

Flour Mills of Nigeria has enjoyed a quality management and a good staff training/management system. Working at Flour Mills has been known to have fantastic benefits on the long run. Employees are usually encouraged to take professional exams with developing their career, making them more relevant in their chosen provision. With access to different food packages at the end of the month, staff are usually encouraged to give more to the organization.

Ariosh Nigeria Limited (oil and gas)

Ariosh is one firm you don’t want to miss when considering a conducive environment to work. A leader in the provider of engineering, procurement and construction management for the Oil and gas firms. They put a prime on a safe, healthy working environment that measures up to international standards. The “commitment to produce superior profits” is their platform for future growth and employee satisfaction is usually observed to achieve this aim. With bonuses and profit sharing among stakeholders and workers, access to monetary facilities and travel grants for continuous education and option to return to the organization after graduate studies

Guaranty trust Bank (Banking)

GTB has steadily been climbing high in the financial sector. Leading the retail banking and credit services, most recent graduates interested in the banking sector find GTB a good bootstrap for their career. With provision of adequate staff packages, allowances and career guidance, car loan, training school, it is a top choice for current banking and finance graduates. While the leverage for these facilities may be more hours of work, the career benefits usually pays off on the long run. Even though there is need for fine-tuning for their annual promotion process, the management of the bank can be commended for having one of the most flexible online payment system in the banking industry

WAMCO Nigeria (food)

WAMCO Nigeria with affiliation to Friesland foods has been a top choice in the dairy industry. The benefits of working with WAMCO includes but not limited to access to several facilities, opportunity to develop your own personal sales profile by individual effort without being in the sales department. With a Turnover increase of 5.9 per cent from N104.98 billion in 2011 to N111.12 billion in 2012, there is funding for expansion and more opportunities for the staff to work in desired sections of the industry. The company is also a partner in the Government’s Agriculture Transformation Agenda (ATA), another opportunity to increase the local raw milk production.

Lagos Business School, LBS

The Lagos Business School is an academic institution like no other in Africa. Providing Business school course round the year, its an environment to meet the top most players in the business/financial sector. This is networking at every possible opportunity. Located in a serene environment with first class architectural pieces, the environment provides opportunities to participate in events that aid the promotion of companies, internship with firms, finance clubs, enterprise development units and charity.

Seplat Nigeria (Oil and Gas)

Currently operating in the Niger Delta area of Nigeria, their vision to build and sustain a world class company, the management is pulling all stops to achieve this. With 45% participating interest in 3 oil blocks. With full support from the members of staff which have been acquired with juicy packages from different oil and gas firms, they have been able to grow from 18000 barrels a day in 2010 to about 60000 barrels a day . Promoting the philosophy of shared value between the staff and their hosting communities, the volunteer rate, bonuses and several allowances provided for the staff members is continuously rewarded in the growth of the company.

Sahara Energy (Oil and Gas)

A privately owned energy sector player dedicated to the oil and gas business, (exploration and production), aviation supply, infrastructure service provisioning, logistics and shipping. Providing Career mobility, operations are based in Nigeria, Ghana, Cote d’ivoire, Geneva, Singapore among others. International opportunities include short term assignments from 3months to long term. There’s reward based on structured performance index to retain great people. These include paid holidays, car and pension schemes, performance related bonuses. The approach is to identify each individuals skill gaps and ensure appropriate measures to fill the gaps.

Wole Olanipekun & Co (Law)

The Law sector has a lot of firm doing very well but we have chosen Wole Olanipekun among others at the moment. The firm has a good number of SANs, number of partners per employee, employee training programs, remuneration, size of practice etc. Their peer review rating is very encouraging and it’s a fantastic place for a good law career. Other firms in this class include Banwo & Ighodalo, The Law Union, Templars outside the big names.

http://www.citewire.com

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 12 Nigerian Companies To Work In by dustydee: 4:09pm On Jun 03, 2015
Nah! If you have Nestle there, what about Total and a host of other companies?
Re: Top 12 Nigerian Companies To Work In by heneversleep: 4:27pm On Jun 03, 2015
Still pained I missed on Ariosh cry...Better one to come thou. kiss
Re: Top 12 Nigerian Companies To Work In by kreal: 4:28pm On Jun 03, 2015
Pls remove Ariosh frm dat list...a brother of mine has worked wit Dem before...its one of d worst company in Nigeria. Its a one man company made up of family associates. If u AR nt being hypocrite u cnt get promotion.
Re: Top 12 Nigerian Companies To Work In by Escalze(m): 4:35pm On Jun 03, 2015
You didn't mention my company....why...

SHORO NIYEN grin

1 Like

Re: Top 12 Nigerian Companies To Work In by heneversleep: 4:37pm On Jun 03, 2015
kreal:
Pls remove Ariosh frm dat list...a brother of mine has worked wit Dem before...its one of d worst company in Nigeria. Its a one man company made up of family associates. If u AR nt being hypocrite u cnt get promotion.
One thing I also do know of Ariosh is being favourable only to Unilorin grads in their recruitment.
Re: Top 12 Nigerian Companies To Work In by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jun 03, 2015
You're right about "Sahara Energy" though I worked with "Sahara Aviation"!! Its a great place to forge a career.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 12 Nigerian Companies To Work In by Beckybeky(f): 5:09pm On Jun 03, 2015
What can I say?
Re: Top 12 Nigerian Companies To Work In by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jun 03, 2015
wheres

lnlg
diamond bank
GE
Re: Top 12 Nigerian Companies To Work In by nastyesco(m): 7:12pm On Jun 03, 2015
Quite a number of firms that are better than those listed...is this list supposed to be for indigenous firms or both indigenous and multinational firms operating in Nigeria. If its the latter...all the firms here don't even make the First ten list

1 Like

Re: Top 12 Nigerian Companies To Work In by KingsJohnson(m): 7:24pm On Jun 03, 2015
Fellow nairalanders, pls help me wit dis
www.nairaland.com/234801/new-business-idea-no-fund#34271793
Re: Top 12 Nigerian Companies To Work In by Adesiji77: 10:04pm On Jun 03, 2015
This is the first time that I am hearing about this "Ariosh Nigeria Limited"....never heard about it until now.
Re: Top 12 Nigerian Companies To Work In by Souljaboi1: 3:11am On Sep 01, 2015
heneversleep:
One thing I also do know of Ariosh is being favourable only to Unilorin grads in their recruitment.

OAU grads are also recruited as well.

Adesiji77:
This is the first time that I am hearing about this "Ariosh Nigeria Limited"....never heard about it until now.

Didn't hear about them until early this year. I've been to their office in VI and I must say I'm impressed.

kreal:

I cannot validate your claim, but what I know is that they do a lot of training for their GT and they tend to reward their staffs' efforts generously. grin
Re: Top 12 Nigerian Companies To Work In by easzyone: 10:05pm On Oct 06, 2021
Please who knows how much first hydrocarbon Nigeria pays?
Re: Top 12 Nigerian Companies To Work In by causewahala: 10:17pm On Oct 06, 2021
Person wey never reach another man farm. . . .

In all, be proficient in what you do and jobs will audition for you, not the other way round.

(1) (Reply)

Diamond Bank Recruiting / Nnpc Recruitment Website Has Moved / Starling Bank Test Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.