Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Dstv Mobile Stil Working? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Dstv Mobile Stil Working? (7231 Views)

Dstv Mobile / Is Airtel 1GB Weekend Plan Stil Working? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dstv Mobile Stil Working? by user32(m): 4:15pm On Jun 03, 2015
Is dstv mobile service stil
working For DVB-H enabled
handsets eg nokia 5330,nokia n96.

2 Likes

Re: Dstv Mobile Stil Working? by user32(m): 7:12pm On Jun 03, 2015
help
Re: Dstv Mobile Stil Working? by funkyrash(m): 7:51pm On Jun 03, 2015
Don't think so
Re: Dstv Mobile Stil Working? by user32(m): 9:25pm On Jun 03, 2015
k
Re: Dstv Mobile Stil Working? by youngfellow: 9:47pm On Jun 03, 2015
2013,2014 it was workin cause a friend of mine was using it(n96 dstv mobile) as his small fone den, i cnt tel if it works nw.
Re: Dstv Mobile Stil Working? by user32(m): 1:18pm On Jun 04, 2015
thx
Re: Dstv Mobile Stil Working? by jazz04(m): 6:35pm On Jun 04, 2015
boss!!! which of the phone you dey use?? I get nokia n96..... it stopped working just before the last African nations cup started !!!! I really miss the service sad and also which state are you in? I am in Lagos. another guy in Ibadan says his own still works.. I don't know how true it is....
Re: Dstv Mobile Stil Working? by jazz04(m): 9:33pm On Jun 05, 2015
where this guy's
Re: Dstv Mobile Stil Working? by user32(m): 5:09pm On Jun 08, 2015
i stay at abj
Re: Dstv Mobile Stil Working? by jazz04(m): 9:27pm On Jun 08, 2015
user32:
i stay at abj

have you tried to complain to mtn? was it working in Abuja before? which phone do u use exactly...
Re: Dstv Mobile Stil Working? by user32(m): 4:00pm On Jun 12, 2015
jazz04:

have you tried to complain to mtn? was it working in Abuja before? which phone do u use exactly...

nokia 5330
Re: Dstv Mobile Stil Working? by jazz04(m): 11:52pm On Jun 12, 2015
user32:

nokia 5330
When did it stop]
Re: Dstv Mobile Stil Working? by user32(m): 8:23am On Jun 17, 2015
over 2 month now
Re: Dstv Mobile Stil Working? by jazz04(m): 12:30pm On Jun 17, 2015
user32:
over 2 month now
wow..... what can we do about it
Re: Dstv Mobile Stil Working? by Seizure: 5:07pm On Jun 17, 2015
it's nolonger working. I called mtn customer care about it sometime last year and was told to buy a drifter instead, d dstv mobile stuff nolonger works.
Re: Dstv Mobile Stil Working? by user32(m): 6:44pm On Aug 24, 2015
Any one to Confirm
Re: Dstv Mobile Stil Working? by jazz04(m): 1:47am On Aug 25, 2015
user32:
Any one to Confirm
Confirm what?
Re: Dstv Mobile Stil Working? by user32(m): 8:43pm On Aug 25, 2015
Is dstv mobile service stil working For DVB-H enabled handsets eg nokia 5330,nokia n96.
jazz04:
Confirm what?
Is dstv mobile service stil working For DVB-H enabled handsets eg nokia 5330,nokia n96.
Re: Dstv Mobile Stil Working? by icconium(m): 12:24am On Aug 26, 2015
Dstv on fones have been discontinued even the websites for mobile have been shut down both for 9ja and south Africa. The only option left is drifta and walka. My question is this why is only DSTV that takes advantage of technologies and they now rip us off our hard earned cash and our government dey sit-down-look. The spectrum and technology is still there why can't other operators lead or follow suit. When startimes launched their mobile technology i was glad thinking it would be dvbh alas it was something else. All fones that have that technology as all wasting away thats why user32 want that technology back, i and many others want it back local operators(Startimes, consat, actv etc) should realise that Nigerians are mobile we cannot carry our dish and decoder on our heads. We need mobile entertainment news, sports, live telecast e.t.c. Pls someone should take action. Thanks. We are waiting.

7 Likes

Re: Dstv Mobile Stil Working? by jazz04(m): 12:07pm On Aug 26, 2015
icconium:
Dstv on fones have been discontinued even the websites for mobile have been shut down both for 9ja and south Africa. The only option left is drifta and walka. My question is this why is only DSTV that takes advantage of technologies and they now rip us off our hard earned cash and our government dey sit-down-look. The spectrum and technology is still there why can't other operators lead or follow suit. When startimes launched their mobile technology i was glad thinking it would be dvbh alas it was something else. All fones that have that technology as all wasting away thats why user32 want that technology back, i and many others want it back local operators(Startimes, consat, actv etc) should realise that Nigerians are mobile we cannot carry our dish and decoder on our heads. We need mobile entertainment news, sports, live telecast e.t.c. Pls someone should take action. Thanks. We are waiting.

There are few phones with dvbh antenna... The ones that are are very old phones......
And multi choice has other mobile TV platforms too.... My N96 is still lying there useless... But have you confirmed from other states like ibadan and port Harcourt? Whether it's still working there?
Re: Dstv Mobile Stil Working? by user32(m): 6:18am On Sep 10, 2015
icconium:
I hope something will be done soon. I miss my dstv mobile
Re: Dstv Mobile Stil Working? by jazz04(m): 11:35am On Nov 05, 2015
Someone in awka just confirmed it's still working.. ..
Re: Dstv Mobile Stil Working? by amuana: 7:00pm On Nov 25, 2015
jazz04:
Someone in awka just confirmed it's still working..

Is it true? Because my two phones N96 and 5330 stop working in March. I called DStv office and they told me their contract with Nokia is no longer, so they dont support their phones again. That is why they have even remove the drifta application for symbian and the other Nokia phones in their websites under device support.

The problem might come from Nokia not MTN and DStv.
Re: Dstv Mobile Stil Working? by jazz04(m): 6:56am On Nov 26, 2015
amuana:

Is it true? Because my two phones N96 and 5330 stop working in March. I called DStv office and they told me their contract with Nokia is no longer, so they dont support their phones again. That is why they have even remove the drifta application for symbian and the other Nokia phones in their websites under device support.

The problem might come from Nokia not MTN and DStv.
Which way forward? We should write Nokia?
Re: Dstv Mobile Stil Working? by amuana: 4:46pm On Nov 27, 2015
jazz04:
Which way forward? We should write Nokia?

Yes,

Because they have closed that contract with MULTICHOICE.
And you that in Africa, they are the only company who provide mobile tv services. And because the contract is no longer, you cannot get mobile tv services from other companies, that is why Nokia phones with DVB H inbuilt and SU-33W dont work again.

So we should draw NOKIA attention to sign a new contract with MULTICHOICE.
Re: Dstv Mobile Stil Working? by jazz04(m): 9:41pm On Nov 27, 2015
Re: Dstv Mobile Stil Working? by jazz04(m): 9:43pm On Nov 27, 2015
amuana:

Yes,

Because they have closed that contract with MULTICHOICE.
And you that in Africa, they are the only company who provide mobile tv services. And because the contract is no longer, you cannot get mobile tv services from other companies, that is why Nokia phones with DVB H inbuilt and SU-33W dont work again.

So we should draw NOKIA attention to sign a new contract with MULTICHOICE.

Oh boy. Seems we are doomed

Dunno why android phones won't have this feature. Even local TV stations I don't mind
Re: Dstv Mobile Stil Working? by amuana: 3:40am On Feb 23, 2016
jazz04:

Oh boy. Seems we are doomed

Dunno why android phones won't have this feature. Even local TV stations I don't mind

But MTN Ghana said, they are working on it to restore that service. They have consulted their technical team on that issue.

I dont know how sure they are.
Re: Dstv Mobile Stil Working? by jazz04(m): 3:36pm On Mar 01, 2016
amuana:

But MTN Ghana said, they are working on it to restore that service. They have consulted their technical team on that issue.

I dont know how sure they are.

Ghana6? What's our business with Ghana? As far as I'm concerned, the dvbh is gone. Most phones with the antenna are all outdated and not supported by their manufacturers any longer.
Re: Dstv Mobile Stil Working? by amuana: 12:35am On Apr 03, 2016
jazz04:

Ghana6? What's our business with Ghana? As far as I'm concerned, the dvbh is gone. Most phones with the antenna are all outdated and not supported by their manufacturers any longer.

DVB H is not gone because drifta itself and Walker are all DVB H enabled and they are working 100% .
So the technology is much alive . It not gone so lets wait for MTN and see. They said they are in contact with DMTV for the restoration of that dstv mobile service. Lets wait
Re: Dstv Mobile Stil Working? by jazz04(m): 4:35pm On Apr 03, 2016
amuana:

DVB H is not gone because drifta itself and Walker are all DVB H enabled and they are working 100% .
So the technology is much alive . It not gone so lets wait for MTN and see. They said they are in contact with DMTV for the restoration of that dstv mobile service. Lets wait

Where did you get this info from plz?
Re: Dstv Mobile Stil Working? by amuana: 7:44pm On Apr 03, 2016
jazz04:

Where did you get this info from plz?

I got that information from MTN office when I went there last 2 weeks before the holidays and they told me to exercise patience. They said:
"once the Walker and the Drifta are working, the DVB H technology is still alive . So the DVB H inbuilt phones should work. Nokia symbian is dead, that is why the phones can't get tv channels because they have close that contract with MULTICHOICE and our technical team is in contact them for restoration. thanks.

Thats what they told me.

(1) (2) (Reply)

As From Today, I Say Bye Bye To Tecno And Infinix Phones / Emergency Line 911 Works In Nigeria / How To Stop MTN From Deducting Your Yafunyafun Bonus When You Have Data

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.