Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,483 members, 7,816,143 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

Shocking Revelations About The Present Economic Situation In Osun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shocking Revelations About The Present Economic Situation In Osun (2625 Views)

Nigeria’s Present Economic Situation Worse Than Biafra Civil War – Aregbesola / See How Nigerians Are Reacting To Revelations About The DG SSS / APC: We Will Soon Release Shocking Revelations About Jonathan’s Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shocking Revelations About The Present Economic Situation In Osun by traction: 5:10pm On Jun 03, 2015
This report brings you insights into the dreary world of workers and business owners and how they are chaffing under the cruel economic conditions, as revealed by recent investigations conducted by The Sun Newspaper in Osun.

“It has really been tough. It has come to a stage where we can no longer feed our families, let alone pay our rents. There is a rumour that people, especially the pensioners, have been dying as there is no money for them to survive. I can no longer do the little PP (private practice) that I have been doing to survive the hard times because people don’t have money for patronage, except when they are at the point of death and there are no such cases now and we don’t pray for that.” - Dr. Daramola Olusegun, Vice President of Resident Doctors Association, LAUTECH.
“Recently, I ordered that those who have not paid their school fees should not be allowed into the school premises and classrooms any more. The following day, my school was empty because only a few have been able to pay. Since I don’t want my school to close down, I started begging the parents to bring their children back to school pending when they will pay.” – Private School Owner.
Dr. Oshola Ahmed said it was lamentable that a high profile professional like him would now depend on his parents and friends for survival. “I can’t even pay my children’s school fees anymore. It is that terrible,” he said.
“People are not buying papers like before because there is no money. What they do mostly now is to come to the newsstands to glance through the headlines.” - Bayo Olaniyi, Newspaper Vendor.
“Some of us can no longer pay our rents. It has become so bad that some of us can no longer buy diapers for our babies. We can no longer cater for our aged parents. Instead, we are even depending on them for survival now.” - Dr. Femi, Department of Surgery.
“People don’t have money to feed their families at home. So, there is no way they can take them out at a time like this. To be frank, it’s no longer business as usual.” - Dupe Ajayi , Manager of an Eatery in Osogbo.
“As I speak with you, I have not yet taken my breakfast and this is already noon and it is not as if I have lost my appetite. But it is because I don’t have anything to eat. So, I have to go on 0-1-0. For long, I have been on 0-0-1 and sometimes I go on 1-0-1 meal every day since I can no longer afford three square meals.” - Dr. Owolabi Adeyinka, General Secretary of Resident Doctors Association LAUTECH.
“People are no longer buying recharge cards like before because there is no money. I used to make close to N7,200 gain on a daily basis before, but now, I make only N300 - Bimpe Omole, Recharge Card seller.
Taiwo Olojo, a motor mechanic, said his regular customers who used to service their vehicles have not been forthcoming. According to him, some of them have resorted to the use of commercial vehicles. “Last week, I was so broke that I had to call on one of my customers to come and service his car so that I could raise some money, but he said that though his car was actually due for service, he didn’t have money to do that now,” he said.
Some private school proprietors and proprietresses who also spoke to Daily Sun on condition of anonymity lamented that most parents owed school fees so much so that they, too, were beginning to find it difficult to pay the salaries of their teaching and non-teaching staff members.
Also, foodstuff sellers in Osogbo lamented that most of their perishable goods such as tomatoes, pepper, okra, mangoes, water melons, cucumbers and carrots in the local markets now rot and waste away due to poor patronage.
http://osun.info/post-17-cash-crunch-shocking-revelations-about-the-present-economic-situation-in-osun.html

Re: Shocking Revelations About The Present Economic Situation In Osun by lovat(m): 5:12pm On Jun 03, 2015
Aregberascal is busy taking selfie with Oduduwa drum

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shocking Revelations About The Present Economic Situation In Osun by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jun 03, 2015
What is aregbe doing with osun money

1 Like

Re: Shocking Revelations About The Present Economic Situation In Osun by drtwist(m): 5:14pm On Jun 03, 2015
I'm sure this is the change APC is talking about.
Packaging and repackaging if lies, evil and tribalism .
Now SYVAL TIMI has been repackage to a saint.
Same as YAKO, OBJ and Ameachi

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocking Revelations About The Present Economic Situation In Osun by kodded(m): 5:15pm On Jun 03, 2015
grin grin grin grin
Re: Shocking Revelations About The Present Economic Situation In Osun by Dollyak(f): 5:47pm On Jun 03, 2015
Soo sad. Why did they vote for this governor in the first place. The federal government might need to intervene.
Re: Shocking Revelations About The Present Economic Situation In Osun by superstar1(m): 5:50pm On Jun 03, 2015
His Commissioner for Finance finished his government.
Re: Shocking Revelations About The Present Economic Situation In Osun by PointB: 5:53pm On Jun 03, 2015
“As I speak with you, I have not yet taken my breakfast and this is already noon and it is not as if I have lost my appetite. But it is because I don’t have anything to eat. So, I have to go on 0-1-0. For long, I have been on 0-0-1 and sometimes I go on 1-0-1 meal every day since I can no longer afford three square meals.” - Dr. Owolabi Adeyinka, General Secretary of Resident Doctors Association LAUTECH.

A classic caption of the parlous state of Osun!
A sad commentary of a governor who failed to set his priority right!

A sad story of the ineptitude of a sophisticated he-goat, AregbeRascal!

6 Likes

Re: Shocking Revelations About The Present Economic Situation In Osun by gobizzy101: 6:03pm On Jun 03, 2015
Der hav d world's longest talking drum, so no cause 4 control, everytin is under alarm.

1 Like

Re: Shocking Revelations About The Present Economic Situation In Osun by ademoladeji(m): 6:10pm On Jun 03, 2015
#300 only? Haba! Bimpe Omole, why nau?
Re: Shocking Revelations About The Present Economic Situation In Osun by ichidodo: 6:34pm On Jun 03, 2015
Osun is undergoing extreme economic recession...quite soon there will be a massive relocation,dislocation and migration of a large portion of the populace to no man's land,Lagos.
Re: Shocking Revelations About The Present Economic Situation In Osun by POPdecorator: 6:38pm On Jun 03, 2015
I cann't regret my vote for aregbe bcs of his good work soon everything will change

nxt term my vote is APC
Re: Shocking Revelations About The Present Economic Situation In Osun by Jadela(m): 7:00pm On Jun 03, 2015
State of Osun is presently grounded economically. I'm a civil servant in the state. I have only received 57% of my November salary, not even 100%. The remaining salaries remain unpaid. For how long will this continue?

The moderators should please move this thread to the front page. The whole world needs to see this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shocking Revelations About The Present Economic Situation In Osun by emmasege: 7:12pm On Jun 03, 2015
I'm pained by the groaning of my kinsmen. We warned everyone in the last gubernatorial election, particularly the artisans, to vote out this ogboni of a man & let him go to jail for looting our state so dry. His juju & propaganda prevailed over their reasoning. To worsen the matter, the house of assembly are just another arm of his executive government.
Osun, se looto la go ni?, because I can't think of any other oduduwa state tolerating this occultic & heartless bastard.
Re: Shocking Revelations About The Present Economic Situation In Osun by pazienza(m): 7:33pm On Jun 03, 2015
You now see why some people are scared of Nigeria's division. Why they shout one Nigeria to roof top. Only a reduction in ND oil allocation and this is what we have. What will happen when the ND form their own independent country and no more crude oil funds available to the rest of the country?

Can't the myopic ones see the truth. ND oil money allocations mask bad leaders, it makes it easy for them to get away with poor leadership, every Tom dick and Harry can aspire to lead a state in Nigeria, he knows he doesn't have to crack his brains seeking for means to raise funds, he simply seats idle in his office waiting for monthly oil money allocation from the FG. His only Job is to distribute the money to the civil servants and loot the rest with his cronies.

Take away crude oil, you expose the incompetent leaders, only the competent ones who are capable of thinking outside the box, can be able to look for alternative means of raising funds, and by so doing, bring about the diversification of the economy.

Crude oil allocation to Nigeria non oil producing states is like Drug of dependence, Osun is addicted to this Drug, and is now suffering from withdrawal effect because of lack of sufficient crude oil allocation, she is not alone, many Nigerian states are affected too.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Shocking Revelations About The Present Economic Situation In Osun by Johnchuks3: 7:34pm On Jun 03, 2015
National assembly should pass a bill mandating all state governors not to owe more than a month salary. This may prevent future occurrence.
Re: Shocking Revelations About The Present Economic Situation In Osun by ajebuter(f): 7:42pm On Jun 03, 2015
Una never start

Eat your CHANGE now if it will help

E ti ri nkakan
Re: Shocking Revelations About The Present Economic Situation In Osun by Noloss(f): 8:59pm On Jun 03, 2015
Ironu dori agba kodo. Hmmmm, nkan mbe.(Somebody shd pls interpret for me)
Re: Shocking Revelations About The Present Economic Situation In Osun by Sibrah: 9:43pm On Jun 03, 2015
Aregbe thinks his radical approach is cool. He was busy taking mission schools in a bid to pursue his fanatical beliefs.

1 Like

Re: Shocking Revelations About The Present Economic Situation In Osun by Agwoden(m): 9:45pm On Jun 03, 2015
Osun? Una never see anything. People that entered a one chance bus 4yrs ago and had the chance to drop at the bus stop few months ago but refused? By the time that crook of a governor gets them to the park, they will always run from any place they see a broom.
Re: Shocking Revelations About The Present Economic Situation In Osun by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jun 03, 2015
how much will they sell osun state?

Seems like we wil open a bid for other states to bid on and take over osun since they cant pay salary's without oil money

1 Like

Re: Shocking Revelations About The Present Economic Situation In Osun by OdenigboAroli(m): 9:58pm On Jun 03, 2015
Didn't They say Osun IGR is bigger than that of Anambra,Imo and Abia put together? Wey the owo kudi ego?

1 Like

Re: Shocking Revelations About The Present Economic Situation In Osun by BlackTechnology: 9:58pm On Jun 03, 2015
pazienza:
You now see why some people are scared of Nigeria's division. Why they shout one Nigeria to roof top. Only a reduction in ND oil allocation and this is what we have. What will happen when the ND form their own independent country and no more crude oil funds available to the rest of the country?

Can't the myopic ones see the truth. ND oil money allocations mask bad leaders, it makes it easy for them to get away with poor leadership, every Tom dick and Harry can aspire to lead a state in Nigeria, he knows he doesn't have to crack his brains seeking for means to raise funds, he simply seats idle in his office waiting for monthly oil money allocation from the FG. His only Job is to distribute the money to the civil servants and loot the rest with his cronies.

Take away crude oil, you expose the incompetent leaders, only the competent ones who are capable of thinking outside the box, can be able to look for alternative means of raising funds, and by so doing, bring about the diversification of the economy.

Crude oil allocation to Nigeria non oil producing states is like Drug of dependence, Osun is addicted to this Drug, and is now suffering from withdrawal effect because of lack of sufficient crude oil allocation, she is not alone, many Nigerian states are affected too.

that's why they hate the word Biafra grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shocking Revelations About The Present Economic Situation In Osun by Hammefeez: 9:59pm On Jun 03, 2015
Last time i checked, it was 18 states that is unable to pay salaries though some are more than others but, i think it will be okay if we can have funny economic situation of other states as well, either funny or not.
Re: Shocking Revelations About The Present Economic Situation In Osun by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jun 03, 2015
eliment:
What is aregbe doing with osun money

are you not enjoying this village world record grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Shocking Revelations About The Present Economic Situation In Osun by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jun 03, 2015
[size=16pt]aregbe abeg beat out food from your wonder drum,[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Shocking Revelations About The Present Economic Situation In Osun by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jun 03, 2015
[size=28pt]superstar1 this yigboooos don finish your supreme leader Ogbeni[/size] cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Shocking Revelations About The Present Economic Situation In Osun by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jun 03, 2015
Politics and tribalism aside this is wickedness. Can't Aregbesola combine two months allocation to pay for one month? This people 're really suffering. I don't believe allocations receive since December cannot pay for at least 3 months wages.If he knows he has no idea to reverse the situation, he better resign

1 Like

Re: Shocking Revelations About The Present Economic Situation In Osun by MzJackBaueress(f): 10:26pm On Jun 03, 2015
Aregbesola,you no try o!
Re: Shocking Revelations About The Present Economic Situation In Osun by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jun 03, 2015
He mortgaged his state through borrowing excessively, the bond they raised was bought by Anambra when Peter Obi was governor
chukwudi44:
Politics and tribalism aside this is wickedness. Can't Aregbesola combine two months allocation to pay for one month? This people 're really suffering. I don't believe allocations receive since December cannot pay for at least 3 months wages.If he knows he has no idea to reverse the situation, he better resign

1 Like

Re: Shocking Revelations About The Present Economic Situation In Osun by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jun 03, 2015
Of what use is CHANGE to the HUNGRY? Of what significance is change to the famished? This is pure wickedness!

Enjoy your change!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Nephew Is Complaining About The Constant Supply Of Electricity! / #tyrantbuhary Gone Bad For The Wailers / IPOB Thanks Buhari For A Job Well Done

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.