Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,746 members, 7,862,444 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 04:51 PM

Boko Haram: Buhari To Relocate To Maiduguri To “lead The Fight” - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: Buhari To Relocate To Maiduguri To “lead The Fight” (1147 Views)

Lai Mohammed In Maiduguri To Visit Operational Areas / Saraki In Maiduguri, To Visit IDP Camps (Photos) / PHOTO: Another Man To Trek From Maiduguri To Abuja In Honor Of Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram: Buhari To Relocate To Maiduguri To “lead The Fight” by tola9ja: 11:00pm On Jun 03, 2015
Boko Haram: Buhari To Relocate To Maiduguri To “Lead The Fight”

This was part of the decision the president reached with the the service chiefs during their meeting yesterday at the defence house in Abuja.
Buhari had in his inaugural speech directed that the command centre of the military’s fight against Boko Haram be relocated to Maiduguri, the hotbed of the insurgents, but sources who was privy to the meeting said Buhari’s decision to relocate the command centre was because he has made up his mind to also relocate to the terrorist ravaged city.
The Complex recalls that during his campaign, President Buhari at the Chatham House in London had vowed to “lead from the front” in the fight against Boko Haram if elected in the country’s forthcoming election.
According to our source, Buhari told the military chiefs that he will be in Maiduguri for six months if necessary, to coordinate the fight against the insurgents, but the service chiefs plead with him that six months is too long for the president and the command centre to be in Maiduguri.
The service chiefs tried to pressure the president into abandoning the idea, but he insisted on keeping to his campaign promise of leading the fight from the front, the source said.
After much pressure from the service chiefs, Buhari then agreed to reduce the period he will stay upon his relocation to Maiduguri, but insisted that he must move to Maiduguri at least for a few month.
Our source said the relocation may happen as soon as the president return from Germany where he is expected to attend the it this weekend.
Related
~Omojuwa.com
Re: Boko Haram: Buhari To Relocate To Maiduguri To “lead The Fight” by jemype(m): 11:11pm On Jun 03, 2015
now thats what a leader should look like.[quote author=tola9ja post=34402726][/quote]
Re: Boko Haram: Buhari To Relocate To Maiduguri To “lead The Fight” by nickyvil: 11:12pm On Jun 03, 2015
Wrong idea , bad step and risky task. Please there is no country in the world in the era of democracy will her president move close to where terrorist are.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Buhari To Relocate To Maiduguri To “lead The Fight” by gobizzy101: 11:12pm On Jun 03, 2015
So na how Osinbanjo want take become President be dis.

Tinubu I salute ur spirit

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Buhari To Relocate To Maiduguri To “lead The Fight” by FastShipping: 11:14pm On Jun 03, 2015
nickyvil:
Wrong idea , bad step and risky task. Please there is no country in the world in the era of democracy will her president move close to where terrorist are.

King of Jordan just led a fight against ISIS.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Buhari To Relocate To Maiduguri To “lead The Fight” by tola9ja: 11:16pm On Jun 03, 2015
jemype:
now thats what a leader should look like.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Buhari To Relocate To Maiduguri To “lead The Fight” by Pangea: 11:17pm On Jun 03, 2015
A leader worthy to follow!

Not like some "if I go to maiduguri, boko haram will just kill me" grin

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Buhari To Relocate To Maiduguri To “lead The Fight” by nickyvil: 11:24pm On Jun 03, 2015
FastShipping:

King of Jordan just led a fight against ISIS.

What political system do they practice in Jordan?
What political system do we practice in Nigeria ?

Can you tell me the differences between the system practiced in both countries?
Cheers
Re: Boko Haram: Buhari To Relocate To Maiduguri To “lead The Fight” by FastShipping: 11:26pm On Jun 03, 2015
nickyvil:

What political system do they practice in Jordan?
What political system do we practice in Nigeria ?

Can you tell me the differences between the system practiced in both countries?
Cheers

I don't give a damn whether we practice democracy or they practice monarchical system of government. A leader is a leader regardless of system of government. So find a place to sit down.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Buhari To Relocate To Maiduguri To “lead The Fight” by ComradeAbu(m): 11:26pm On Jun 03, 2015
I want to hear talks from critics because any positive step is always seen as negative.
E don b for BH by the time una see PMB inside Khaki as Commander in chief.
I wish President Buhari all the best in this world.
Solidarity to my President and his vice
Re: Boko Haram: Buhari To Relocate To Maiduguri To “lead The Fight” by nickyvil: 11:34pm On Jun 03, 2015
FastShipping:

I don't give a damn whether we practice democracy or they practice monarchical system of government. A leader is a leader regardless of system of government. So find a place to sit down.

If you can't differentiate btw this two political differences then I'm sorry you need go research very well,... We practice a democracy like the United States and any other democracy country, there is freedom of speech and movement, the military don't have much power like the civilian, we have the chief of army staff navy and co, it's their duty to follow the president instruction and if they fail to delivered they will be sanction and replaced by more active one.,, why can't Obama move down to where terrorist are . In my opinion until proven I still think is a bad idea for our president to move down there.
Re: Boko Haram: Buhari To Relocate To Maiduguri To “lead The Fight” by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jun 03, 2015
FastShipping:

Please did u see the king of Jordan in a battle field
Re: Boko Haram: Buhari To Relocate To Maiduguri To “lead The Fight” by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jun 03, 2015
Re: Boko Haram: Buhari To Relocate To Maiduguri To “lead The Fight” by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jun 03, 2015
So na dis Osinabajo wan become president
Re: Boko Haram: Buhari To Relocate To Maiduguri To “lead The Fight” by FastShipping: 11:42pm On Jun 03, 2015
chuna1985:

Please did u see the king of Jordan in a battle field

Were those pictures of his I put up there taken in a kitchen or dance floor?
Re: Boko Haram: Buhari To Relocate To Maiduguri To “lead The Fight” by utytill(m): 12:30am On Jun 04, 2015
who u wan decieve?any how na padi padi matter.
Re: Boko Haram: Buhari To Relocate To Maiduguri To “lead The Fight” by Kolade354(m): 1:02am On Jun 04, 2015
nickyvil:

If you can't differentiate btw this two political differences then I'm sorry you need go research very well,... We practice a democracy like the United States and any other democracy country, there is freedom of speech and movement, the military don't have much power like the civilian, we have the chief of army staff navy and co, it's their duty to follow the president instruction and if they fail to delivered they will be sanction and replaced by more active one.,, why can't Obama move down to where terrorist are . In my opinion until proven I still think is a bad idea for our president to move down there.
Pple lyk you will Hold one fvking Ideology........Life is simple but pple like you complicate everything if he want to go to maidugri let him go..........Life is full of shiit and Injustice so dnt start any analysis
Re: Boko Haram: Buhari To Relocate To Maiduguri To “lead The Fight” by searchcorp(m): 1:09am On Jun 04, 2015
Reminds me of Douglas Macarthur who at the age of 70 personally supervised the landing at inchon.
Re: Boko Haram: Buhari To Relocate To Maiduguri To “lead The Fight” by nickyvil: 2:11am On Jun 04, 2015
Kolade354:
Pple lyk you will Hold one fvking Ideology........Life is simple but pple like you complicate everything if he want to go to maidugri let him go..........Life is full of shiit and Injustice so dnt start any analysis

Pls give your advice I'm not referring any of my post to you. Pls if u can't hold matured conversation don't quote me.
Re: Boko Haram: Buhari To Relocate To Maiduguri To “lead The Fight” by arbitter: 2:51am On Jun 04, 2015
FastShipping:

You do know that story about the King of Jordan was fake right? Just like this stupid story is fake

(1) (Reply)

Meet The President's Official Photographer -bayo Omoboriowo / Some Unlawful Acts Often Done By The Nigerian Police Toward The Citizens / Nigerian Athletes Win Big At Special Olympics World Games,Los Angeles,Us(Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.