Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,515 members, 7,836,971 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

5 Reasons Why PMB Must Look To The Completion Of Ajaokuta Steel Company - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Reasons Why PMB Must Look To The Completion Of Ajaokuta Steel Company (2728 Views)

Babangida Honored By Oba Of Lagos For The Completion Of 3rd Mainland Bridge / FG Allocates 4.3bn For Revival Of Ajaokuta Steel Company / FG Kick-starts Resuscitation Of Ajaokuta Steel Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Why PMB Must Look To The Completion Of Ajaokuta Steel Company by jemype(m): 9:17am On Jun 04, 2015
you are right there. but the intellects he is moving with at the moment and d momentum is higher than it was in d 80s. he stopped many oda things back then but im optimistic right now because the relationship this time wit the international community is amazing.
sunshine1974:
The question is "is the president interested in iron and steel?" let's not forget that it was he dat took power from shagari. Shagari probably wld ve completed it. If u ask me? I think it's time the president completed the project because people still blame the failure on buhari. This is d golden opportunity to make things right.
Re: 5 Reasons Why PMB Must Look To The Completion Of Ajaokuta Steel Company by sunshine1974(m): 11:32am On Jun 04, 2015
I just hope something is done.
jemype:
you are right there. but the intellects he is moving with at the moment and d momentum is higher than it was in d 80s. he stopped many oda things back then but im optimistic right now because the relationship this time wit the international community is amazing.
Re: 5 Reasons Why PMB Must Look To The Completion Of Ajaokuta Steel Company by kishimi8(m): 12:41pm On Jun 04, 2015
sunshine1974:
I have read ur comment over again and slowly just as u said. But unable to pick anything from it. Can u pls enlighten me?
I've read a new policy document by the new government , that addresses the ajaokuta problem .. so ecpecct it to be done . and be patient
Re: 5 Reasons Why PMB Must Look To The Completion Of Ajaokuta Steel Company by sunshine1974(m): 1:49pm On Jun 04, 2015
Nice one my broda, thank God u are serving dere atleast u have seen for urself.
hassan85:
Yes I am serving right now in ajaokuta steel company. Alhaji shehu shagari commenced this project b4 GMBs military coupe putted a stop to it. Since 1983 only OBJ has attempted to get it working. Yaradua stopped it again. Well today we expecting House of Reps committee on mining and steels to pay a visit for some study. About its productivity and employability, dt estimate up dia is low. According to the report i Read to be delievered to the 8th national assembly, the steel company has capacity to employ 300 to 500 thousand workers and presently needs just $1.5billion to get to full capacity. From metallugical, civil, mechanical, aviational, water... Engeneering Everything is practicaly available in Ajaokuta. Today Oil price is droping Internationally while Iron and Steel are rising... Well Its number 3 in PMBs agenda according to make Ajaokuta steel a sucess according to 'this day newspaper' on monday 1st june. I pray and hope God gives him the strength to over come international conspiracies and come make it work. GOD bless Nigeria
Re: 5 Reasons Why PMB Must Look To The Completion Of Ajaokuta Steel Company by ferhyntorlah(f): 2:36pm On Jun 04, 2015
kishimi8:
I've already seen a document to that effec .. just be patient

Insider. I hail you oh.
Re: 5 Reasons Why PMB Must Look To The Completion Of Ajaokuta Steel Company by kishimi8(m): 2:39pm On Jun 04, 2015
ferhyntorlah:

Insider. I hail you oh.

not an insider .. just someone that knows someone that also knows someone somewhere.
but you can believe me , even without source ..
Re: 5 Reasons Why PMB Must Look To The Completion Of Ajaokuta Steel Company by ferhyntorlah(f): 2:41pm On Jun 04, 2015
sunshine1974:
My broda it was the indians that looted the place not the Russians. Russians are one of the best and honest people to do business with.

Indians again? Hian.
Re: 5 Reasons Why PMB Must Look To The Completion Of Ajaokuta Steel Company by TonySpike: 2:44pm On Jun 04, 2015
It is the steel industry in South Africa that makes that country a colossus in Africa, even overshadowing Nigeria. If Ajaokuta is completed, I bet Nigeria will shoot into prominence in less that three years. With the production of steel, cost of construction for buildings and infrastructures will plummet and many CBDs will emerge in different Nigerian cities. I hope the government acts on this industry as soon as possible...
Re: 5 Reasons Why PMB Must Look To The Completion Of Ajaokuta Steel Company by ferhyntorlah(f): 3:13pm On Jun 04, 2015
kishimi8:

not an insider .. just someone that knows someone that also knows someone somewhere.
but you can believe me , even without source ..

All join. At least you know them insider peeps unlike majority of us who don't.

How you doing by the way?
Re: 5 Reasons Why PMB Must Look To The Completion Of Ajaokuta Steel Company by kishimi8(m): 4:21pm On Jun 04, 2015
ferhyntorlah:

All join. At least you know them insider peeps unlike majority of us who don't.

How you doing by the way?

just chugging along like every Nigerian in these trying time..
my only prayer is sabotage does not kill all da plans from the peeps in power
Re: 5 Reasons Why PMB Must Look To The Completion Of Ajaokuta Steel Company by ferhyntorlah(f): 4:35pm On Jun 04, 2015
kishimi8:

Saboteurs will see fire if they try it.
Re: 5 Reasons Why PMB Must Look To The Completion Of Ajaokuta Steel Company by porshuch: 4:38pm On Jun 04, 2015
supported!!! Materials and Metallurgical graduates get ready for work.
Re: 5 Reasons Why PMB Must Look To The Completion Of Ajaokuta Steel Company by sunshine1974(m): 3:32am On Jun 05, 2015
Sure the place is a land of opportunities
porshuch:
supported!!! Materials and Metallurgical graduates get ready for work.
Re: 5 Reasons Why PMB Must Look To The Completion Of Ajaokuta Steel Company by sunshine1974(m): 3:34am On Jun 05, 2015
Guy can I ve a link to it? So I can read too. I'm really interested in the success of ajaokuta.
kishimi8:

I've read a new policy document by the new government , that addresses the ajaokuta problem .. so ecpecct it to be done . and be patient
Re: 5 Reasons Why PMB Must Look To The Completion Of Ajaokuta Steel Company by sunshine1974(m): 3:36am On Jun 05, 2015
Whoever even nurses such an idea na amadioha go fire dat person b4 him even actualize d plan. We don't need bad people in high places in dis country. This is a new Nigeria
ferhyntorlah:

Saboteurs will see fire if they try it.
Re: 5 Reasons Why PMB Must Look To The Completion Of Ajaokuta Steel Company by sunshine1974(m): 3:37am On Jun 05, 2015
God pass dem.
kishimi8:

Re: 5 Reasons Why PMB Must Look To The Completion Of Ajaokuta Steel Company by sunshine1974(m): 3:40am On Jun 05, 2015
Just imagine south Africa being the land of opportunities in Africa. Africans die every day hustling to go to South Africa. I dream of a day coming that people from oda countries too will be hustling to make it to Nigeria
TonySpike:
It is the steel industry in South Africa that makes that country a colossus in Africa, even overshadowing Nigeria. If Ajaokuta is completed, I bet Nigeria will shoot into prominence in less that three years. With the production of steel, cost of construction for buildings and infrastructures will plummet and many CBDs will emerge in different Nigerian cities. I hope the government acts on this industry as soon as possible...
Re: 5 Reasons Why PMB Must Look To The Completion Of Ajaokuta Steel Company by sunshine1974(m): 3:41am On Jun 05, 2015
Yes fucking crazy ass indians with a company named "Global infrastructure"
ferhyntorlah:

Indians again? Hian.
Re: 5 Reasons Why PMB Must Look To The Completion Of Ajaokuta Steel Company by sunshine1974(m): 12:20am On Jun 08, 2015
Dat is why ajaokuta steel company has its own power generating plant Oga. Everything was planned from d onset from design phase. Power wldnt ve bin a problem as ajaokuta generates it's own power
BuddahMonk:
Ajaokuta was used to settle the Russians that supplied Nigeria with weapons during the civil just like exploitation of Niger Delta Region was used in settling the Brits (Shell) that provided the personnels that fought the war for Nigeria.

Have you ask yourself why Shell is untouchable in Nigeria and why Russians only have the key to the pandora box of Ajaokuta Steel in Nigeria.

Ajaokota na settlement, besides how can you have steel company with erratic and epileptic power supply? Do you know what it means means to blast steel furnaces, where do we have the power for intensive heating and cooling of steel components.

Hahaaha, one day you guys will start nuclear program without providing the necessary facilities.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why PMB Must Look To The Completion Of Ajaokuta Steel Company by dustmalik: 3:02am On Jun 08, 2015
If i recall correctly, the revival of Ajaokuta steel company is among the numerous promises Buhari made. if you check the comprehensive list posted by Vanguard, you should find it there.

As an Ebira man, i'd love to see it brought back to life, and utilized to its full potentials. the promises such an industry holds is endless. Like the OP mentioned, it would also help in creating a whole lot of jobs.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Plea To Oyo State Governor: 6 Months Salary / The Vice President's Daughter Kiki Osibanjo Beautiful In New Photo / Obasanjo Will Die For Condemning Biafra Agitation – Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.