Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

5 Reasons Why PMB Must Look To The Completion Of Ajaokuta Steel Company - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Reasons Why PMB Must Look To The Completion Of Ajaokuta Steel Company (2699 Views)

Babangida Honored By Oba Of Lagos For The Completion Of 3rd Mainland Bridge / FG Allocates 4.3bn For Revival Of Ajaokuta Steel Company / FG Kick-starts Resuscitation Of Ajaokuta Steel Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons Why PMB Must Look To The Completion Of Ajaokuta Steel Company by sunshine1974(m): 6:17am On Jun 04, 2015
Ajaokuta Steel Company Limited is an Iron and Steel Company. It is the Largest in west Africa and probably the largest in Africa. Ajaokuta is a local government in Kogi Central senatorial district in Kogi state.

The 5 reasons why PMB must look into Ajaokuta Steel Company Limited includes but not limited to

1. Capacity to take between 50, 000 to 100, 000 workers. The company and the other companies that will spring up on completion is capable of the above staff strength. This will greatly reduce the level of unemployment in Nigeria.

2. Diversity in our economy. It is no longer news that Nigeria rely solely on oil. If Ajaokuta steel company is completed and set rolling, it is capable of matching up to whatever the oil and gas coughs into the economy or even more.

3. Industrialization is the bedrock of any nation in the new world. Ajaokuta steel company limited is the bedrock of our nations's industrialization. Industrialization is key to the growth of any nation. The only way we can become once again the giant of Africa once again is by getting ajaokuta to work.

4. Ajaokuta steel company has several departments dat people don't even know, I will say without mincing words dat everything can be produced in ajaokuta, I say everything. Anything u can think of ranging from automobiles, weapons, rods, steel, various types of gases, engines of various types. Just name them, the list is endless.

5. I leave number 5 open to u. U are free to add yours.

Mods pls move this to front page pls.

CC: Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why PMB Must Look To The Completion Of Ajaokuta Steel Company by kishimi8(m): 6:23am On Jun 04, 2015
I've already seen a document to that effec .. just be patient
Re: 5 Reasons Why PMB Must Look To The Completion Of Ajaokuta Steel Company by Ezedon(m): 6:25am On Jun 04, 2015
Nice points, today is 4th, we are yet to see an atom of CHANGE except from GMB - PMB
Re: 5 Reasons Why PMB Must Look To The Completion Of Ajaokuta Steel Company by hassan85(m): 6:27am On Jun 04, 2015
Yes I am serving right now in ajaokuta steel company. Alhaji shehu shagari commenced this project b4 GMBs military coupe putted a stop to it. Since 1983 only OBJ has attempted to get it working. Yaradua stopped it again. Well today we expecting House of Reps committee on mining and steels to pay a visit for some study. About its productivity and employability, dt estimate up dia is low. According to the report i Read to be delievered to the 8th national assembly, the steel company has capacity to employ 300 to 500 thousand workers and presently needs just $1.5billion to get to full capacity. From metallugical, civil, mechanical, aviational, water... Engeneering Everything is practicaly available in Ajaokuta. Today Oil price is droping Internationally while Iron and Steel are rising... Well Its number 3 in PMBs agenda according to make Ajaokuta steel a sucess according to 'this day newspaper' on monday 1st june. I pray and hope God gives him the strength to over come international conspiracies and come make it work. GOD bless Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why PMB Must Look To The Completion Of Ajaokuta Steel Company by sunshine1974(m): 6:31am On Jun 04, 2015
U must be joking, dis is a serious matter for nigeria. Ajaokuta is too big and juicy to be ignored.
kishimi8:
I've already seen a document to that effec .. just be patient
Re: 5 Reasons Why PMB Must Look To The Completion Of Ajaokuta Steel Company by sunshine1974(m): 6:36am On Jun 04, 2015
The last time AMCON worth the steel complex to be 6 trillion, u can imagine what dat figure will be if a complete audit is carried out on the company. Nigerians needs to know what exactly they have. Its a pity that most Nigerians don't even know they have something like that. Its a company that has a metallurgical training institute on its own.

Mods pls do help move this to front page.

Lalasticlala
Ishilove
Seun

Plsssss
Re: 5 Reasons Why PMB Must Look To The Completion Of Ajaokuta Steel Company by kishimi8(m): 6:36am On Jun 04, 2015
sunshine1974:
U must be joking, dis is a serious matter for nigeria. Ajaokuta is too big and juicy to be ignored.

read my comment again , but slowly this time
Re: 5 Reasons Why PMB Must Look To The Completion Of Ajaokuta Steel Company by jemype(m): 6:36am On Jun 04, 2015
consider ajaokuta topic dead and buried except u wish him early death from international community.
Re: 5 Reasons Why PMB Must Look To The Completion Of Ajaokuta Steel Company by sunshine1974(m): 6:38am On Jun 04, 2015
But why na?
jemype:
consider ajaokuta topic dead and buried except u wish him early death from international community.
Re: 5 Reasons Why PMB Must Look To The Completion Of Ajaokuta Steel Company by sunshine1974(m): 6:40am On Jun 04, 2015
I have read ur comment over again and slowly just as u said. But unable to pick anything from it. Can u pls enlighten me?
kishimi8:

read my comment again , but slowly this time
Re: 5 Reasons Why PMB Must Look To The Completion Of Ajaokuta Steel Company by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 6:42am On Jun 04, 2015
sunshine1974:
The last time AMCON worth the steel complex to be 6 trillion, u can imagine what dat figure will be if a complete audit is carried out on the company. Nigerians needs to know what exactly they have. Its a pity that most Nigerians don't even know they have something like that. Its a company that has a metallurgical training institute on its own.

Mods pls do help move this to front page.

Lalasticlala
Ishilove
Seun

Plsssss

Do you live in Ajaokuta steel City, because I do?
Re: 5 Reasons Why PMB Must Look To The Completion Of Ajaokuta Steel Company by sunshine1974(m): 6:43am On Jun 04, 2015
It's just the conspiracy of America, they think with the Russians involved over time they will use the place as dere military base in Africa so they led the Nigerian government into deception making it look like a failed project. But I honestly believe that if PMB want to do something he will do it without any fear of victimization from the American govt.
jemype:
Re: 5 Reasons Why PMB Must Look To The Completion Of Ajaokuta Steel Company by jemype(m): 6:44am On Jun 04, 2015
RUSSIA
sunshine1974:
But why na?
Re: 5 Reasons Why PMB Must Look To The Completion Of Ajaokuta Steel Company by sunshine1974(m): 6:45am On Jun 04, 2015
Ajaokuta steel company is not just an ordinary steel company like the other ones u just quoted. It is too massive with various departments.
0GBUEFI:
I'l suggest that the mill be sold to private investors. There are many steel mills in Ogun state owned by both local and foreign enterpreneurs
Re: 5 Reasons Why PMB Must Look To The Completion Of Ajaokuta Steel Company by sunshine1974(m): 6:46am On Jun 04, 2015
I grew up in ajaokuta so I know a lot about the place.
IdisuleOurOwn:

Do you live in Ajaokuta steel City, because I do?
Re: 5 Reasons Why PMB Must Look To The Completion Of Ajaokuta Steel Company by jemype(m): 6:48am On Jun 04, 2015
if pmb does it then I will know that he really means well for nigeria. but I think it was a way USA used in doing checks and balances on nigeria so we dont start producing weapons of mass destruction.
sunshine1974:
It's just the conspiracy of America, they think with the Russians involved over time they will use the place as dere military base in Africa so they led the Nigerian government into deception making it look like a failed project. But I honestly believe that if PMB want to do something he will do it without any fear of victimization from the American govt.
Re: 5 Reasons Why PMB Must Look To The Completion Of Ajaokuta Steel Company by sunshine1974(m): 6:49am On Jun 04, 2015
Yes, but it originally isn't a weapon manufacturing company na. Its just an iron and steel company. We promise we will not produce weapons.
jemype:
if pmb does it then I will know that he really means well for nigeria. but I think it was a way USA used in doing checks and balances on nigeria so we dont start producing weapons of mass destruction.
Re: 5 Reasons Why PMB Must Look To The Completion Of Ajaokuta Steel Company by pimppimp(m): 7:00am On Jun 04, 2015
Ajaokuta iron and steel rolling mills is the bedrock of industrialisation. One of my professor do say "show me a Nation that owns Iron and Steel and I will show you the Nation that rules the world". If Ajaokuta steel company can be revitalised, then Nigeria would be enlisted as a Great manufacturing nation and would increase the GDP of the Nation's economy.
I would end by saying that "true progress in any field is a relay race and not a single event"
God grant Nigeria leaders wisdom
God bless Nigeria
Re: 5 Reasons Why PMB Must Look To The Completion Of Ajaokuta Steel Company by jemype(m): 7:02am On Jun 04, 2015
yes it isnt a weapon company but u know evil minds can start producing it secretly. most of these countries produce it secretl. thats what america is scared of. but if checks and balances are made effectively im optimistic it will work as that must have been discussed on one of the trips to overseas by political stalwart friends of the president.
sunshine1974:
Yes, but it originally isn't a weapon manufacturing company na. Its just an iron and steel company. We promise we will not produce weapons.
Re: 5 Reasons Why PMB Must Look To The Completion Of Ajaokuta Steel Company by sunshine1974(m): 7:12am On Jun 04, 2015
Thank u my broda
pimppimp:
Ajaokuta iron and steel rolling mills is the bedrock of industrialisation. One of my professor do say "show me a Nation that owns Iron and Steel and I will show you the Nation that rules the world". If Ajaokuta steel company can be revitalised, then Nigeria would be enlisted as a Great manufacturing nation and would increase the GDP of the Nation's economy.
I would end by saying that "true progress in any field is a relay race and not a single event"
God grant Nigeria leaders wisdom
God bless Nigeria
Re: 5 Reasons Why PMB Must Look To The Completion Of Ajaokuta Steel Company by sunshine1974(m): 7:16am On Jun 04, 2015
The question is "is the president interested in iron and steel?" let's not forget that it was he dat took power from shagari. Shagari probably wld ve completed it. If u ask me? I think it's time the president completed the project because people still blame the failure on buhari. This is d golden opportunity to make things right.
jemype:
yes it isnt a weapon company but u know evil minds can start producing it secretly. most of these countries produce it secretl. thats what america is scared of. but if checks and balances are made effectively im optimistic it will work as that must have been discussed on one of the trips to overseas by political stalwart friends of the president.
Re: 5 Reasons Why PMB Must Look To The Completion Of Ajaokuta Steel Company by sunshine1974(m): 7:34am On Jun 04, 2015
Are d moderators of nairaland too afraid of Americans moving this piece to front page? Ishilove, lalasticlala plsssssssss move this to front page I beg u, I want Nigerians to discuss this issue.
Re: 5 Reasons Why PMB Must Look To The Completion Of Ajaokuta Steel Company by realjoker(m): 7:43am On Jun 04, 2015
A
Re: 5 Reasons Why PMB Must Look To The Completion Of Ajaokuta Steel Company by sunshine1974(m): 7:44am On Jun 04, 2015
U are just like ur moniker clown!!!
realjoker:
A
Re: 5 Reasons Why PMB Must Look To The Completion Of Ajaokuta Steel Company by donbigboy(m): 7:57am On Jun 04, 2015
sunshine1974:
Ajaokuta Steel Company Limited is an Iron and Steel Company. It is the Largest in west Africa and probably the largest in Africa. Ajaokuta is a local government in Kogi Central senatorial district in Kogi state.

The 5 reasons why PMB must look into Ajaokuta Steel Company Limited includes but not limited to

1. Capacity to take between 50, 000 to 100, 000 workers. The company and the other companies that will spring up on completion is capable of the above staff strength. This will greatly reduce the level of unemployment in Nigeria.

2. Diversity in our economy. It is no longer news that Nigeria rely solely on oil. If Ajaokuta steel company is completed and set rolling, it is capable of matching up to whatever the oil and gas coughs into the economy or even more.

3. Industrialization is the bedrock of any nation in the new world. Ajaokuta steel company limited is the bedrock of our nations's industrialization. Industrialization is key to the growth of any nation. The only way we can become once again the giant of Africa once again is by getting ajaokuta to work.

4. Ajaokuta steel company has several departments dat people don't even know, I will say without mincing words dat everything can be produced in ajaokuta, I say everything. Anything u can think of ranging from automobiles, weapons, rods, steel, various types of gases, engines of various types. Just name them, the list is endless.

5. I leave number 5 open to u. U are free to add yours.

Mods pls move this to front page pls.

CC: Lalasticlala

Ajaokuta Steel is an Industrial Complex, too massive and strategic to be left in the hand of private investor!

But Truth be Told, if Ajaokuta was suited in the core northern state of Nigeria, perhaps by now, the story would have been different!

Nigerians always like to play politics with everything.

Too bad.
Re: 5 Reasons Why PMB Must Look To The Completion Of Ajaokuta Steel Company by omenka(m): 7:59am On Jun 04, 2015
The revival of that company is key to the realisation of our dreams of industrial revolution in this country. Its benefits are simply inexhaustible. I hope Buhari does something in this direction.

These once read something about the Russian businessmen to whom it was concessioned looting the place. Think it became an object of a diplomatic spat between both countries, but in the end, our government, being as weak as it was, had to step back. Only God know what has been going on since then.
Re: 5 Reasons Why PMB Must Look To The Completion Of Ajaokuta Steel Company by sunshine1974(m): 8:06am On Jun 04, 2015
Thank u my broda, politics has taken over everything. If it were to be situated in the core north, it wld ve bin a different story today. Moreover the mad men kogi have bin having as governors contributed too. They will never fight nor raise dere voice on this matter, later dey will be complaining dat d state is poor, why won't it be poor? When dey are loosing billions of naira to tax dat is if the place was fully operational.
donbigboy:

Ajaokuta Steel is an Industrial Complex, too massive and strategic to be left in the hand of private investor!

But Truth be Told, if Ajaokuta was suited in the core northern state of Nigeria, perhaps by now, the story would have been different!

Nigerians always like to play politics with everything.

Too bad.

Re: 5 Reasons Why PMB Must Look To The Completion Of Ajaokuta Steel Company by sunshine1974(m): 8:08am On Jun 04, 2015
My broda it was the indians that looted the place not the Russians. Russians are one of the best and honest people to do business with.
omenka:
The revival of that company is key to the realisation of our dreams of industrial revolution in this country. Its benefits are simply inexhaustible. I hope Buhari does something in this direction.

These once read something about the Russian businessmen to whom it was concessioned looting the place. Think it became an object of a diplomatic spat between both countries, but in the end, our government, being as weak as it was, had to step back. Only God know what has been going on since then.
Re: 5 Reasons Why PMB Must Look To The Completion Of Ajaokuta Steel Company by Nobody: 8:09am On Jun 04, 2015
Ajaokuta was used to settle the Russians that supplied Nigeria with weapons during the civil just like exploitation of Niger Delta Region was used in settling the Brits (Shell) that provided the personnels that fought the war for Nigeria.

Have you ask yourself why Shell is untouchable in Nigeria and why Russians only have the key to the pandora box of Ajaokuta Steel in Nigeria.

Ajaokota na settlement, besides how can you have steel company with erratic and epileptic power supply? Do you know what it means means to blast steel furnaces, where do we have the power for intensive heating and cooling of steel components.

Hahaaha, one day you guys will start nuclear program without providing the necessary facilities.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why PMB Must Look To The Completion Of Ajaokuta Steel Company by realjoker(m): 8:11am On Jun 04, 2015
sunshine1974:
U are just like ur moniker clown!!!
bro. Wetin be your own

(1) (2) (Reply)

Igbo Industrialist And Wife Murdered In Katsina / Before It's Too Late, Gowon Must Apologize To Ojukwu And The Igbo's / Picture Of The Man Who Masterminded Paris Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.