Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,487 members, 7,850,688 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:20 AM

Declare Me Winner, Kashamu’s Rival Tells Tribunal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Declare Me Winner, Kashamu’s Rival Tells Tribunal (756 Views)

Ize-iyamu Tells Tribunal To Declare Him Winner Of Edo Governorship Election / Edo 2016; Declare Me Winner, Ize-iyamu Tells Tribunal / No Election In Some Parts Of Rivers,army Tells Tribunal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Declare Me Winner, Kashamu’s Rival Tells Tribunal by westerm(m): 8:49am On Jun 04, 2015
APPARENTLY emboldened by the travails of Prince Buruji Kashamu, the Senator-elect, Ogun East Senatorial District who is facing extradition battle, his main rival, Prince Dapo Abiodun has intensified effort to get his (Buruji’s) election upturned at the State Election Petition Tribunal, sitting in Abeokuta.

Prince Dapo Abiodun Abiodun, who contested the March 28, 2015 election on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC) argued that the people voted for him but that the Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP) allegedly manipulated the process.

The APC candidate who assembled a team of lawyers led by some Senior Advocates of Nigeria (SAN) including Mallam Yusuf Ali, Ricky Tarfa and Abubakar Muhammed, launched the suit with a 285-page petition that contains exhibits from local and international sources.

The petitioner presented his case on two legs, against Kashamu’s actual qualification for the election and alleged irregularities and fraudulent manipulation of the electoral process in favour of the declared winner.

Apart from Kashamu, the petitioner also joined both the PDP and the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) as co-respondents.

On page 76 of the petition, under sub-title, “Particulars of Non Qualification”, the petitioner highlighted specific details of the alleged facts in issue that disqualified the Senator-elect from contesting the election.

Specifically, the petitioner contended that having been duly indicted by a Grand Jury in the United States of America (USA) Federal Circuit for trafficking heroine with an ARREST WARRANT being issued and still standing, the first respondent must travel to USA and clear his name before he could be deemed qualified to contest any election in Nigeria.

According to the petitioner, following Kahamu’s indictment by USA court, he was arrested in the United Kingdom (UK) but was released after five years on technical grounds.

“The United States of America Government has opposed various applications and desperate moves of the first respondent to quash the subsisting indictment and have invited the first respondent severally to answer to the indictment,” the petitioner averred.

The petitioner swore that the indictment of the first respondent by the US court and the warrant of arrest issued against him has been in the public domain for sometime as it has been subject of discuss in several seminars and publications.
Apart from challenging the qualification of Prince Kashamu to contest the election, Abiodun also averred wide spread irregularities and manipulation of the electoral process, the resolution of which should earned him the mandate.

The petitioner further contended that careful analysis of the allegation of malpractices

1 Like

Re: Declare Me Winner, Kashamu’s Rival Tells Tribunal by VickJames(m): 9:05am On Jun 04, 2015
He should be extradited first before coming out. He won you fair and square. He shouldn't jump the gun!
Re: Declare Me Winner, Kashamu’s Rival Tells Tribunal by papoose999(m): 9:08am On Jun 04, 2015
Re: Declare Me Winner, Kashamu’s Rival Tells Tribunal by nickxtra(m): 11:12am On Jun 04, 2015
Let him go to U.S first oga and see if he would be convicted

(1) (Reply)

Pres. Buhari Directs State Governors To Decongest Prisons / Caption This Photo. / Why Do Igbos On Nairaland Fight So Much?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.