Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,060 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

The Truth About Airtel's Fast Deduction Of Internet Data - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Truth About Airtel's Fast Deduction Of Internet Data (7013 Views)

Man Awarded N530,000 Against MTN By Federal High Court For Callertunez Deduction / Six Facts You Should Know About Airtel 6gb For N500 & 2gb For N200 Plan / All You Need To Know About Airtel Freebasics.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Truth About Airtel's Fast Deduction Of Internet Data by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jun 04, 2015
A lot of people complain about how airtel zap data like no man's business... I've got to understand how the system works...

When you purchase an Airtel data plan and you use it mildly, like for chatting, visiting sites online and any other minor downloads, your data cap will be deducted normally but if you download files of large sizes, they'll notice and take advantage of it, thereby reducing the data twice as much as the normal rate...

This happens mostly when the user is on 3G network or 4G...

Try using airtel to surf the net on 2G and your data balance will be deducted normally....

But who uses 2G nowadays sef undecided

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Truth About Airtel's Fast Deduction Of Internet Data by Dabss(m): 4:06pm On Jun 04, 2015
Sorry ma, but your post makes zero sense.

20 Likes

Re: The Truth About Airtel's Fast Deduction Of Internet Data by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jun 04, 2015
Dabss:
Sorry ma, but your post makes zero sense.

Actually it does... Only people with sense can understand smiley

16 Likes

Re: The Truth About Airtel's Fast Deduction Of Internet Data by parrotibaba(m): 4:20pm On Jun 04, 2015
To make it more conspicuous for u op ,d airtel bb plan zaps times 3 when used in an android phone while it bills normally when used in a bb phone ,d airtel android plan double bills from 6am to 10pm n bills normally from 10pm to 6am

3 Likes

Re: The Truth About Airtel's Fast Deduction Of Internet Data by ITbomb(m): 4:32pm On Jun 04, 2015
Why are you guys still going for the wicked bb plan when there is a better android plan.
Re: The Truth About Airtel's Fast Deduction Of Internet Data by Dabss(m): 4:49pm On Jun 04, 2015
MizzLoba:

No it doesn't. Instead of using egde, Why not just buy the data plan for non BlackBerry phones?

7 Likes

Re: The Truth About Airtel's Fast Deduction Of Internet Data by kene05(m): 5:08pm On Jun 04, 2015
MizzLoba:
A lot of people complain about how airtel zap data like no man's business... I've got to understand how the system works...

When you purchase an Airtel data plan and you use it mildly, like for chatting, visiting sites online and any other minor downloads, your data cap will be deducted normally but if you download files of large sizes, they'll notice and take advantage of it, thereby reducing the data twice as much as the normal rate...

Try using airtel to surf the net on 2G and your data balance will be deducted normally....

Fallacy, my phone 3g is locked from China, and for the past 6 months i have been using edge on airtel, i can categorically tell u airtel double bill on bb subscription, only Android 2gb for 2,000 that is slightly fair, normal billing night and double billing day..
Re: The Truth About Airtel's Fast Deduction Of Internet Data by kene05(m): 5:10pm On Jun 04, 2015
parrotibaba:
To make it more conspicuous for u op ,d airtel bb plan zaps times 3 when used in an android phone while it bills normally when used in a bb phone ,d airtel android plan double bills from 6am to 10pm n bills normally from 10pm to 6am
Your head dey dere broda
Re: The Truth About Airtel's Fast Deduction Of Internet Data by esquire042(m): 5:57pm On Jun 04, 2015
ITbomb:
Why are you guys still going for the wicked bb plan when there is a better android plan.

even the android plane the data cap is not normal
I have norting to do with airtel anymore. join me Glo with pride

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About Airtel's Fast Deduction Of Internet Data by ruffp: 6:25pm On Jun 04, 2015
esquire042:

even the android plane the data cap is not normal I have norting to do with airtel anymore. join me Glo with pride
Wat kind of subscription/bundle do u use on Glo?
Re: The Truth About Airtel's Fast Deduction Of Internet Data by ruffp: 6:25pm On Jun 04, 2015
esquire042:

even the android plane the data cap is not normal I have norting to do with airtel anymore. join me Glo with pride
Wat kind of subscription do u use on Glo?
Re: The Truth About Airtel's Fast Deduction Of Internet Data by Mobi47(m): 7:40pm On Jun 04, 2015
I want to break my airtel sim. Will b switching to glo and eti. Aitrel has really dealt with me.
Re: The Truth About Airtel's Fast Deduction Of Internet Data by boman2014: 8:19pm On Jun 04, 2015
MizzLoba:

ONE BOTTLE OF MALTINA FOR YOU

Re: The Truth About Airtel's Fast Deduction Of Internet Data by rattlesnake(m): 8:40pm On Jun 04, 2015
MizzLoba:

ode
Re: The Truth About Airtel's Fast Deduction Of Internet Data by xtervaganza(m): 8:53pm On Jun 04, 2015
MizzLoba:

to be pretty honest woth you; you're very very wrong
Re: The Truth About Airtel's Fast Deduction Of Internet Data by Chyjoey(m): 9:00pm On Jun 04, 2015
who still uses 'airthieves' anyway??
Re: The Truth About Airtel's Fast Deduction Of Internet Data by beinstein(m): 10:43pm On Jun 04, 2015
MizzLoba:

Bell→end
Re: The Truth About Airtel's Fast Deduction Of Internet Data by donhils: 12:10am On Jun 05, 2015
MizzLoba:

How could you even think of these things you just said? I'm almost ashamed for you.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Airtel's Fast Deduction Of Internet Data by Ruq: 1:53am On Jun 05, 2015
MizzLoba:

For real, he was right. Even if you put it at the slowest of networks 2G is 1G, 3 is 1.5, 4G, is 2g and 9G is 3.5G if you have a data counter you will discover better. This happens especially on the bb plans and the stupid promos they advertise.
I guess it is only when you buy the real data bundles that's when they give you the complete one.
Airtel is just a big cheat that's why I switched to etisalat faster and accurate. There is no point deceiving us that you're a giving us 2G when in theory it's just 1, it makes no sense and its a bad marketing strategy. Fuckin Indians

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Airtel's Fast Deduction Of Internet Data by Warlord3000(m): 3:15am On Jun 05, 2015
G forbid I spend my money on that bb subscription on airtel ever again...
When my answer is just down here cheesy
www.naijawarlord.com/2014/12/easiest-way-to-use-glo-bis-subscription.html?m=1
Re: The Truth About Airtel's Fast Deduction Of Internet Data by Kazrem(m): 4:07am On Jun 05, 2015
Ordinarily, the faster or swifter your browsing the zapper your data. Try use other network with 3 or 4G and see.
MizzLoba:

Re: The Truth About Airtel's Fast Deduction Of Internet Data by teewhydope(m): 4:17am On Jun 05, 2015
MizzLoba:

grin grin cool
Re: The Truth About Airtel's Fast Deduction Of Internet Data by vanchi(m): 8:19am On Jun 06, 2015
This is why some men think all women are stupid... Why would you say network technology affects data billing. Airtel explicitly adds a disclaimer that the billing experience differs if using a non BlackBerry device. Do you expect them to do the maths for you?
And the android days plan also has it's clause for daytime and night billing.
Re: The Truth About Airtel's Fast Deduction Of Internet Data by Agbi4(m): 8:47am On Jun 06, 2015
MizzLoba:

You're very wrong.
Re: The Truth About Airtel's Fast Deduction Of Internet Data by kedunaija(m): 10:15am On Jun 11, 2015
I have checked the list of the various data plans but I think airtel is about the cheapest.. You can check out the full prices
kedunaija.com/airtel-blackberry-data-plans-and-subscription-codes/
Re: The Truth About Airtel's Fast Deduction Of Internet Data by beckyomas(f): 11:00am On Jun 11, 2015
It's okay guys, no need to crucify her. She is wrong though but you guys have succeeded in chasing her.
Just tell her she's wrong, correct her and move on, no need for the harsh words.
Back to topic: I use glo so I really haven't experienced this with airtel.

(1) (Reply)

A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me / Any Glo Blackberry User Here? Problem With It Last 2 Days / Bye Low Battery Forever ! A Phone That Is Also A Power Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.