Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,681 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

Let's Talk Information Security Right Here! - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Let's Talk Information Security Right Here! (893 Views)

Systems And Information Security E-books And Videos... Alll For A Little Token / Let's Talk Python / What Does It Take To Delve Into Information Security (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let's Talk Information Security Right Here! by nerdylarry(m): 11:38am On Feb 18, 2009
Hello folks!

I've been doing some thinking of late and I've come to realise that although there some really cool threads in this "Programming" unit of Nairaland, I think it is time for us to talk about a part of the computer revolution that will matter most in the next 10 years : IT SECURITY.

Network Administrators, Network Security Professionals, White (Ethical soilers) and Software developers including other related professionals are welcome to discuss current news and trends in the Security sector of our digital global community.

Got any perturbing questions about info security? Any? Feel free guys and just drop it like it'd hot!!!
Re: Let's Talk Information Security Right Here! by nerdylarry(m): 11:41am On Feb 18, 2009
I doff my White Hat to Dual COre, our ever capable moderator and MAster SEun (OGA INCHARGE).

SHUN Sirs!!!
Re: Let's Talk Information Security Right Here! by nerdylarry(m): 11:36am On Feb 20, 2009
[/color][i][/i]Hello one and all!

[color=#006600]
[i][/i]Alot of young kiddies, fresh college students and even high school, have always asked me one very simple question all the time: how much do Security and Network Professionals earn from their jobs. Some even wonder if there are job opportunites for Security professionals!

[/color][i][/i]Well, SANS, a leading IT Security establishment has already answered this question for me. Just follow the link : http://www.sans.org/salary2005/

[color=#006600]
[i][/i]And when you've seen the report, tell me what you'all think, shocked shocked cheesy
Re: Let's Talk Information Security Right Here! by paule: 1:44pm On Feb 20, 2009
I love this thread, for one to be good in IT security one needs to be good in programming, networking and hacking. I think i am good in all
Re: Let's Talk Information Security Right Here! by nitation(m): 2:27pm On Feb 20, 2009
@ paule

Even John the ripper never use the word, GOOD IN ALL. You think say security na mouth! Send us your project and give us the right to evaluate it.

Later
Re: Let's Talk Information Security Right Here! by nerdylarry(m): 5:09pm On Feb 22, 2009
@ Paule YOu're sure right mate! IT Security emcompasses a good amount of computing knowledge for sure. Afterall, systems, applications and networks have got to be PROTECTED.

@Paula Tell me, what languages do you code in? smiley
Re: Let's Talk Information Security Right Here! by nerdylarry(m): 5:22pm On Feb 22, 2009
Wats up folks! Just stumbled on an Online Gaming Websites y'all are gonna love.

www.hackthissite.org

Ever heard of it? Cool, Just get there and test out ur skills, Chou! smiley
Re: Let's Talk Information Security Right Here! by josek: 7:26pm On Feb 23, 2009
Hello programmers, am very much more delighted to be in midst, pls, am an accontant and i love developing software, there is a praticular one i love to do now, it is MUREX SUPPORT. pls how do i start? thanks
Re: Let's Talk Information Security Right Here! by nitation(m): 2:51pm On Feb 25, 2009
@josek

You need to be more specific about the type of software you are developing. Also, weigh your choices and decide on which way to follow.

You may end up choosing from the following:

Java
C#
C
C++
VB.NET
PHP/MYSQL -> the obvious

etc

My 2 cent
Re: Let's Talk Information Security Right Here! by nerdylarry(m): 6:26pm On Feb 25, 2009
I dont claim to know it all guys. What in the world is " MUREX SUPPORT "?

(1) (Reply)

Who Can Help On C++ Programming Information / Including Symbols And Scientific Notation In Jtextfields / What Kind Of App Can I Creat With Javafx?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.