Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,120 members, 7,821,837 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries (38411 Views)

Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Dressed In Woman's Attire And Got People Talking / What Lara Oweye-Wise, AIT Newscaster Does Before She Enters The Newsroom (Pics) / Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries by TheBawse(m): 8:03pm On Jun 04, 2015
Abbott:
Subsequently, he will borrow billions from bank, prolly considered low risk and may end up not paying back...another nonperforming loan, fades away into nothingness.

For where? Banks know him na, who wan risk e head for oligbese na him come sabi.
Yeye High Chief
Re: Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries by arisetayo(m): 8:03pm On Jun 04, 2015
I thought its was only bauchi that AIT and raypower worker's salary has not been paid,but surprisingly to hear that even in Benin,they have not been paid too.Its well.
Re: Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jun 04, 2015
roselynbas:
This is what you get when there are no enforced laws concerning workers rights in Nigeria. Our judicial system is almost wacked if not won't the workers have sued him out of business by now. He still claims he will pay part, why not pay all?

They have done the job, pay them their salaries. The bible says a labourer deserves his wages.

NLC is non- existent as far as I am concerned otherwise they would have been the first point of call for this issue.

I hope there will be a change ahead.
Brilliant. Hopefully, a pro-bono lawyer will take up the case of the workers and institute a class-action lawsuit on their behalf.

Its time for such insensitivity on the part of the management to stop.
Re: Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries by kodlins(f): 8:08pm On Jun 04, 2015
Benin and riot...
Re: Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries by grandstar(m): 8:09pm On Jun 04, 2015
This is an abomination if its true. Upon all the monies made from PDP adverts and slanderous stories. A rotten does not produce fine fruit.
Re: Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries by mkoabiola: 8:15pm On Jun 04, 2015
Ds station don tire me
Infact ,most of d news casters are owing dier landlord,
A popluar newscaster(name withheld) told me last month dat he is owing hs landlord

2 Likes

Re: Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jun 04, 2015
AIT! Heartless beings without no human sympathy.

1 Like

Re: Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries by jamex93(m): 8:21pm On Jun 04, 2015
bakila:

You sure say Ahmadu Ali and Jerry Gana pay am at all at all?

hahahahahahah

na for AIT news headline we for first see am if tor say dem no pay
Re: Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries by morbeta(m): 8:24pm On Jun 04, 2015
Dopkesi is a chronic drug addit and a heavy gambler. Thats the dark side of man who was slendering the person of PMB. Some of us also have his files. Anuofia!!!
Re: Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries by femeritus: 8:24pm On Jun 04, 2015
I live in PH and for some days now I have not received AIT signal. I thought it was my TV initially but in the morning I drove past the gate of AIT and discovered it was barricaded. Now I see what the problem is.

Some business owners are just wicked. They spend money recklessly while owing the people who make the money for them.
I can't imagine not getting my pay for just a few days after the month has ended let alone for months.

If they are not fit to run the business, then they should pack up. I just pity the poor workers who will be jobless, who are already fed up but have no other place to go, suffering but smiling. Let your kingdom come.

1 Like

Re: Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries by RHP(m): 8:25pm On Jun 04, 2015
Why did the workers wait till after a year to protest?
Re: Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries by molas02: 8:27pm On Jun 04, 2015
phemmyutd:
upon all Wike and PDP campaign money!!! Heartless Man/Management
Y dt names, b diplomatic, apc did nt campaign on AIT abi
Re: Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries by petitejolie(f): 8:31pm On Jun 04, 2015
Ah shocked ND u people still work dere while d so called directors share d money among themselves and make mistakes wen reading news because of dier selfishness
Re: Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries by captianfreeman(m): 8:32pm On Jun 04, 2015
Haba !!! In spite of the billions of naira collected from the PDP to brocast those vexful documentaries. ?

There is God o.!
Re: Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries by Ghost01(m): 8:39pm On Jun 04, 2015
And the same owner of AIT/Raypower was busy organising parties for GEJ with millions of naira, when his workers were working without pay. What happened to the millions the station(s) made from airing the hate adverts and documentaries against PMB and BAT?

1 Like

Re: Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries by otiigba1(m): 8:43pm On Jun 04, 2015
13 month? Its their fault for not leaving the job after one month of not getting paid.
Re: Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries by Ologunjude(m): 8:43pm On Jun 04, 2015
My ait is showing o. Or they have paid the salaries?

1 Like

Re: Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries by Openatyn(m): 8:52pm On Jun 04, 2015
Dokpesi na Aregbe snr broda o, 17 month unpaid salary 7month in Osun
Re: Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jun 04, 2015
What about the money they collected from the previous goverment for smearing Buhari with lies?
Re: Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries by Openatyn(m): 8:54pm On Jun 04, 2015
Him done contribute billions for jona otueka failed election. Lolz
Re: Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries by Lucasbalo(m): 8:55pm On Jun 04, 2015
I thought I have heard it all about all these 419ers in Nigeria calling themselves Billionaires. How in hell do you owe your employes 12 months salary. And this is the same guy that will be flaunting their ill gotten wealth obscenely . What a worthless human debris.

1 Like

Re: Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries by notoriousbabe: 9:07pm On Jun 04, 2015
He is busy opening everything around the country,not minding the staff welfare,na microphone dem go chop?what happened from the money made during political campaigns?Foolish man.
Re: Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries by notoriousbabe: 9:09pm On Jun 04, 2015
morbeta:
Dopkesi is a chronic drug addit and a heavy gambler. Thats the dark side of man who was slendering the person of PMB. Some of us also have his files. Anuofia!!!
pls photocopy his files for us
Re: Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 9:18pm On Jun 04, 2015
[quote author=xavier0327 post=34427168]I work in AIT abuja and salaries have not been paid for 11months...port Harcourt staff up to 8months unpaid salaries!!! Seriously looking for another job! God will help us.[/quote/] The mercy n favor of God shall be with you n u shall see a beta job ijn
if u believe shout ............
Re: Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 9:20pm On Jun 04, 2015
xavier0327:
I work in AIT abuja and salaries have not been paid for 11months...port Harcourt staff up to 8months unpaid salaries!!! Seriously looking for another job! God will help us.
] The mercy n favor of God shall be with you n u shall see a beta job ijn
if u believe shout ............
Re: Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries by marv1: 9:36pm On Jun 04, 2015
xavier0327:
I work in AIT abuja and salaries have not been paid for 11months...port Harcourt staff up to 8months unpaid salaries!!! Seriously looking for another job! God will help us.
That ait/ray power is a 419 organisation is an understatement. Dokpesi doesnt seem to have any element of conscience and integrity. No wonder ait has been crawling living on past glory. Instead of facing his business and paying staff salary, he is fighting politicians that have more than enough resourses to fight him back. Shameless man. Wayo man.
Re: Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries by marv1: 9:51pm On Jun 04, 2015
xavier0327:
Good and well meaning nigerians we need to start #ait/raypowerpayyourstaff on twitter. To teach this gambler Raymond dokpesi some lessons. How can u be owing staff 11, 13 , 15 months salary. This should be locked up. I tell u this is the begining of his downfall. He has made more enermies for himself mixing politics with business. We shall see how he is going to survive this. #ait/raypowerpayyourstaff . #ait/raypowerpayyourstaff . #ait/raypowerpayyourstaff . #ait/raypowerpayyourstaff .
Re: Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries by joowealth(m): 9:54pm On Jun 04, 2015
It is a pity that the man is denigrating his brand little by little, because of a mosel of 'APU'
Re: Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries by PStacks(m): 10:00pm On Jun 04, 2015
This RÀymond DÓkpesi is higly irresponsible..

Is Ít not this same AIT people donated money fo® sometimes ago.

Same AIT the worked for GEJ and worked against PMB.

Same AIT Tinubu has taken to court and claims upto 1.5 billion in damages,

Is the same AIT the staff are protesting. Shame on AIT..

If television don finish fo® this life and na only AIT remain, I will just switch the Tv to a blanck screen and be staring at it.

A Blanck screen is far better than AIT

1 Like

Re: Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jun 04, 2015
Time to CHANGE networks.
Re: Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries by Xfemt(m): 10:20pm On Jun 04, 2015
metronaija:

Scores of workers of Daar Communications Plc, operator of African Independent Television (AIT) and Raypower FM Radio, on Wednesday shut down all broadcasting activities at the Benin studio in protest over unpaid salaries.

The protesting workers were said to have blocked the main entrance to the station located along the Benin/Lagos bypass.

A detachment of anti-riot policemen were however called by the management of the station to forestall any break down of law.

It was gathered that the protesting workers put at 50 of AIT and Ray Power, were owed salaries salaries spanning between 12 and 17 months.

One of the protesting workers who did not want his name in print for personal reasons, said newly employed staff of AIT were being owed 12 months while old staff were yet to be paid salaries between 13 months and staff of the Raypower FM, the Radio arm of the broadcast outfit were owed 17 months.

“The stations generate millions of naira on a daily basis, so there is no reason why we should not be paid our salaries. They have no excuse not to pay us our money. It is share wickedness and man’s inhumanity to his fellow man. We have families to care for and children to pay their school fees. Many of our children have stopped going to school. But their own attend schools abroad.

“Look at where our station is located, in another village so far away from Benin City. You have to chatter a taxi carb for not less than N500.00 to get there if you miss the staff bus. And not even every cab driver will agree to go there because of the wrong location of the station, yet, they expect us to be there everyday, whether you have anything to do or not,” the source told

Chairman of the organization, Raymond Dokpesi (Jnr) was said to have spoken to the protesters on phone. He allegedly appealed for calm, assuring them that the management will within one week do everything possible to pay parts of the salary arrears.

He however allegedly threatened to pay-off any of the staff that decided to resign from the establishment.

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/06/workers-shut-down-ait-raypower-over-17.html

why ona de lie I live in Benin and along the by pass close to the AIT complex... y re u spoiling d name of AIT

If it to promote ur dirty web site den u ve failed
Re: Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries by FASH23(m): 10:28pm On Jun 04, 2015
lafex:
What did Dokpesi use the campaign money he collected from Jonathan for if he can't pay his workers salary?
dokpesi talk say na free him do am 4 jona o o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

#BBNaija 2018: 6 Housemates Evicted Already / BBNaija: Mercy Buys Immunity, Escapes Eviction Till Semi Finals / #bbnaija: Fans Spoil Kim Oprah With Gifts During Meet And Greet (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.