Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,650 members, 7,955,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:08 AM

Ghen Ghen!!: Aig Warns Rivers Cp On Corruption, Crime!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ghen Ghen!!: Aig Warns Rivers Cp On Corruption, Crime!!! (708 Views)

Anxiety On Biafra: Aig Warns Policemen Over Detention Of Suspects Beyond 24hrs / Anxiety On Biafra: AIG Warns Police Over Detention Beyond 24HRS / Amaechi Pressurising Me To Free Hardened Criminals – Rivers CP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghen Ghen!!: Aig Warns Rivers Cp On Corruption, Crime!!! by theV0ice: 9:15pm On Jun 04, 2015
The Assistant Inspector General of Police, Zone 6, Calabar, Mr. Tunde Ogunsakin, has charged the Rivers State Police Commissioner, Mr. Dan Bature, and three others in the zone to curb the spate of crime in their various states.

Ogunsakin, who gave this charge during an address to the affected CPs at the headquarters of the zone in Calabar, urged the four police commissioners to adopt immediate strategies to combat kidnapping, cultism and post-election violence.

A statement, made available to The PUNCH on Thursday via an electronic mail, quoted Ogunsakin as warning against the insistence by officers and men of the Nigeria Police on the collection of money for bail, even as he emphasised that bail was free in all cases.

The other three CPs are Gabriel Achong (Akwa Ibom State); Henry Fadairo (Cross River State) and Maigari Dikko (Ebonyi State).

Ogunsakin singled out Rivers as the state that had become “increasingly notorious” for crimes like kidnapping and cultism, calling on the state police commissioner to act convincingly by showing special crime fighting abilities to put the situation under control.

The AIG Zone 6 explained that the situation in Rivers had prompted the Inspector General of Police, Mr. Solomon Arase, to make constant calls to him (Ogunsakin) to express his (Arase) dissatisfaction.

Ogunsakin also alleged that some aides to the newly elected council chairmen in the state were being threatened with death while some of them had been killed, insisting that the CP in the state must bring the situation under control.

The AIG added, “Regrettably, there has been increase in the rate of crime and this calls for immediate strategies to be specifically devised by all of you in your respective states with a view to finding lasting solutions.

“From my observation, kidnapping and cultism are crimes that have been on the rise in the Zone; particularly, Rivers State command is becoming increasingly notorious for this.

“Also, some aides of the newly appointed Local Government Chairmen are being threatened with death and some of them have been killed. In this light, the Commissioner of Police, Rivers State, must act convincingly by way of showing special crime fighting abilities to overwhelm and put the situation under control.

“This situation has made the Inspector General of Police to make constant phone calls to me as he is not in any way impressed.”

He urged the police commands in the zone to intensify their stop and search efforts geared towards the recovery of arms, ammunition, explosives and other incriminating items that were stocked for the purpose of perpetrating violence during the electioneering period.
ADVERTISEMENT

The AIG expressed the need for the commands to increase the raiding of black spots and criminal hideouts while reports should be made to his office.

He said, “All the arms lost by our policemen before and during the electioneering period must be recovered forthwith. DPOs and Heads of Formations to wake up. I am closely monitoring the performance of every DPO and Heads of Formations in your respective commands.

“No officer should allow his domain to be made a hideout for criminals. They must be seen to dominate their jurisdictions and exude convincing crime prevention and detection skills. There may be need for me to carry out inter-state transfers within Zone 6 Command to change officers that are not performing up to my expectation.

“I have an allergy for corruption and will therefore deal decisively with officers who indulge in corrupt practices. You must warn all your officers and men to eschew any sharp and corrupt acts that will drag the image of the Nigeria Police Force into disrepute.

“My X Squad team has commenced monitoring within the zone and the names of all officers and men found wanting in their conduct are being compiled for appropriate disciplinary actions. I must emphasise that bail remains free for all cases.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/aig-warns-rivers-cp-others-on-crime-rate/
Re: Ghen Ghen!!: Aig Warns Rivers Cp On Corruption, Crime!!! by bakila: 9:21pm On Jun 04, 2015
We hope to get to the boldest one day
Re: Ghen Ghen!!: Aig Warns Rivers Cp On Corruption, Crime!!! by theV0ice: 9:34pm On Jun 04, 2015
I always knew that the curious way Ogunsakin was asked to leave Rivers state on the eve of April 11 elections, after resuming 24 hrs earlier, will not go down well with him. It was humiliating to say the least and he might wish to get even some day. He sure knows those behind the fiasco. Also the destruction, violence and killings that followed will make him more determined to torchlight the matter.

Whatever they do, Rivers state must be allowed to enjoy peace. Nothing less

1 Like

Re: Ghen Ghen!!: Aig Warns Rivers Cp On Corruption, Crime!!! by Josegun(m): 9:41pm On Jun 04, 2015
Lets go there

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: Senator Bukola Saraki Elected Unopposed-ait / BREAKING: Tinubu’s Wife Snubs Saraki At Swearing-in Of Pro-lawan Senators / Mob Set 2 Armed Robber Ablaze At Onitsha (graphic Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.