Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,084 members, 7,814,750 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

Why Thanking God Is Ridiculous - - Imoh Ezekiel - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Thanking God Is Ridiculous - - Imoh Ezekiel (1037 Views)

SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals / A Nairaland Is Thanking God For Not Making Him A Woman Wrapper / Types Of Christians We Have In Nigeria(part 1) -imoh David (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Thanking God Is Ridiculous - - Imoh Ezekiel by ebamma(m): 11:12pm On Jun 04, 2015
The day I was totally convinced that there is a close proximity between religious beliefs and mental illness was when a girl I was attempting to play bedroom soccer with said:
the reason she knows that God loves her so much and is so powerful was when she had a fatal accident and everyone (including her twin sister, her aunt and the driver) died. But she was the only one who survived.

When I asked her why an omnipotent God would save her and allow her twin sister and others die in the auto-crash, she defended: “because God loves me and I have a destiny.” When I asked “So you mean your twin sister did not have destiny and was not loved by the same God who saved you?” She kept silent and kept a squeeze face that read anger against me, like saying “this guy is offending me.”

Immediately, I heard this nonsense, everything that was erect on my body dropped and I abandoned every ambition of playing the intended bedroom soccer and instead was battling on how to control myself from killing a mosquito on her face. I simply told her to leave to avoid any circumstance that will get either of us a doctor or a lawyer.

Inala Willie narrates how some people on board a bus were robbed on the highway and raped by armed robbers and afterwards the same people began saying they should thank sky-daddy because they were raped and robbed but not killed like some other people. Thus, God is faithful! There is something wrong with people with this sort of mentality.

You see, while you thank some sky-daddy that you were raped and not killed, another will thank sky-daddy after hearing your tale that they traveled daily and nothing happens to them at all. Thus indirectly spiting at you and irking their alter-ego. Is that sky genie fair to both of you? If you are a religitard, there is nothing wrong about that.

You see, something is adversely wrong with the reasoning of religious folks. If you say there exist some omnipotent being, who is also merciful and omniscience but a rape and robbery happened under his watch and yet you say “thank you” to him or it, are you not encouraging him to be incompetent?

How many of you praise your government from failing to provide security to you or other citizens? The Nigerian religitard in particular shocks me more. Do you say to the government “thank you for protecting me because there is no boko haram attack in my vicinity” just because you hear of boko haram attacks in places far away from you? Don’t you all lambaste and get infuriated at the government when you hear the news of bomb blasts?

If you can lambaste and get infuriated at a mortal and less powerful, clueless, weak authority from failing to do their job well, why then do you praise an omnipotent, merciful, omniscient and perfect government who can do all things but refuses to do one simple task of protecting the innocent?

You see why there is something wrong about the religious mind? You expect a mortal authority of your state to be up to task in the protection of its citizens but when it comes to the failure of your sky-daddy, you instead say “in all things give thanks”, does it not tell that all is well with your mind set?

If you get enraged that your mortal government cannot combat insurgency and revolt against it, why then do you think it is okay to praise an alpha, perfect authority, which according to you, can do ALL things and is perfectly GOOD, but ceases to be of help in a situation that demands intervention?

And your answer to this is:

“Do not question”

You think something is not wrong with your head?

Of course you think not; it is me whom you consider as the one whose head needs correction. The craziest part is that some of them say that if you do not praise sky-daddy that you’ll infuriate and hurt his feelings. How comical!

An omnipotent character, which is omniscient, merciful and everything good but cannot stop a robbery and a rape crime from taking place but will in turn get enraged because the rape and robbery victim does not give thanks to him.

5 Likes

Re: Why Thanking God Is Ridiculous - - Imoh Ezekiel by Oluwasaeon(m): 11:23pm On Jun 04, 2015
Re: Why Thanking God Is Ridiculous - - Imoh Ezekiel by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jun 04, 2015
All I can deduce from this post is that you don't believe in God.
Well I'll like you to read up this article and provide me with your answers and opinions of how these phenomenons came to being. If they were not carefully mapped out and designed by an omnipotent being.
www.everystudent.com/features/isthere.html
Re: Why Thanking God Is Ridiculous - - Imoh Ezekiel by dalaman: 11:34pm On Jun 04, 2015
Expect them to tell you that we have free will and that God doesn't want to interfere with our free will. Some will just tell you that God's ways are not the same with ours, all kinds of excuses will be giving to adsorb God of his supposed responsibilities.
Re: Why Thanking God Is Ridiculous - - Imoh Ezekiel by ITbomb(m): 11:49pm On Jun 04, 2015
Thank god I didn't finish reading the long story
Re: Why Thanking God Is Ridiculous - - Imoh Ezekiel by Nobody: 7:35am On Jun 05, 2015
Got imoh Ezekiel in my FIFA team... The guy is really good. grin grin grin
Re: Why Thanking God Is Ridiculous - - Imoh Ezekiel by wordcat(m): 9:22am On Jun 05, 2015
The proponents of God Idea makes it a win-win situation for God
Re: Why Thanking God Is Ridiculous - - Imoh Ezekiel by lastmessenger: 11:12am On Jun 05, 2015
Blaming God for the wickedness of man. Next topic
Re: Why Thanking God Is Ridiculous - - Imoh Ezekiel by dalaman: 12:18pm On Jun 05, 2015
lastmessenger:
Blaming God for the wickedness of man.

Isn't God supposed to protect his own against evil men?
Re: Why Thanking God Is Ridiculous - - Imoh Ezekiel by frank317: 12:29pm On Jun 05, 2015
ITbomb:
Thank god I didn't finish reading the long story

Of course these are kind of things your God is good at... He might quickly come to you aid for simple things as finding your keys, stopping ur head ache and helping u not read the long post... But when it comes to boko boys, Isis and earthquakes he is no where to be found.

1 Like

Re: Why Thanking God Is Ridiculous - - Imoh Ezekiel by lastmessenger: 12:53pm On Jun 05, 2015
And when God does that the policemen will go home and be sleeping.
dalaman:

Isn't God supposed to protect his own against evil men?
Re: Why Thanking God Is Ridiculous - - Imoh Ezekiel by dalaman: 1:22pm On Jun 05, 2015
lastmessenger:
And when God does that the policemen will go home and be sleeping.

Is that a bad thing?

1 Like

Re: Why Thanking God Is Ridiculous - - Imoh Ezekiel by lastmessenger: 1:51pm On Jun 05, 2015
Is being lazy and careless a bad thing?
dalaman:

Is that a bad thing?
Re: Why Thanking God Is Ridiculous - - Imoh Ezekiel by dalaman: 2:03pm On Jun 05, 2015
lastmessenger:
Is being lazy and careless a bad thing?

How does God protecting humans equate to being lazy and careless. Didn't he promise to protect and guide his own?
Re: Why Thanking God Is Ridiculous - - Imoh Ezekiel by lastmessenger: 5:09pm On Jun 05, 2015
Thats why he gave you the wisdom to form the police,army and the rest.if the police and the other armed forces fail to do their work,how is that Gods fault?
dalaman:

How does God protecting humans equate to being lazy and careless. Didn't he promise to protect and guide his own?
Re: Why Thanking God Is Ridiculous - - Imoh Ezekiel by dalaman: 5:25pm On Jun 05, 2015
lastmessenger:
Thats why he gave you the wisdom to form the police,army and the rest.if the police and the other armed forces fail to do their work,how is that Gods fault?

Where in the bible did God say that it is the duty of the police and army to provide you protection? God himself promised to protect his own. It is written in the bible that even though I pass through the valley of the shadow of death I shall feasr no evil for thou are with me, thy staff will protect me and on and on it goes.

Here are a few verses that talk about God personally protecting believers.

Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

Psalm 121:7-8 The LORD will keep you from all evil; he will keep your life. 8 The LORD will keep your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forevermore.

2Timothy 4:18 The Lord will rescue me from every evil deed and bring me safely into his heavenly kingdom. To him be the glory forever and ever. Amen.

1John 5:18 We know that everyone who has been born of God does not keep on sinning, but he who was born of God protects him, and the evil one does not touch him.

Psalm 138:7 Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life; you stretch out your hand against the wrath of my enemies, and your right hand delivers me.

If you know any verse in the bible that tells you that the police or army will offer better protection than God then please bring it on lets see it. Until then I believe that you really do not believe in what the bible actually says about God protecting those that believe in him.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Religious Fanatics / Reggae And Islam / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 30/11/15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.