Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,087 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

50% Pay Cut In Kwara - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 50% Pay Cut In Kwara (1950 Views)

Senate ready for 50% pay cut / Buhari will not force Ministers, aides to take pay cut –Presidency / BREAKING: Buhari, Osinbajo Take 50% Pay Cut (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

50% Pay Cut In Kwara by mu2sa2: 6:02am On Jun 05, 2015
Civil servants and pensioners in Kwara state are in for a rough time as the state govt slashes salaries by a whopping 50%. This unpopular decision is likely to be effected in MDAs with the yet unpaid May salaries, but has been implemented for local govt workers since April 2015. Rumours going round have it that Bukola Saraki (who's the de facto governor of the state) is using the state's meagre resources to campaign for Senate presidency.
Re: 50% Pay Cut In Kwara by laidian(m): 6:03am On Jun 05, 2015
If this is true, it's arrant nonsense, when the state and local govts political staffs didn't to cut their salaries by 50%. Anyway, the labour will melt the govt.

1 Like

Re: 50% Pay Cut In Kwara by buzquet(m): 6:39am On Jun 05, 2015
I hope thr political leaders (sarakis n co)has slashed thr own too? Charity must begin frm home
Re: 50% Pay Cut In Kwara by TI1919(m): 6:51am On Jun 05, 2015
grin
Re: 50% Pay Cut In Kwara by boladez(m): 7:12am On Jun 05, 2015
I find it distasteful when people sit in the corner of their rooms and cook up stories. How can a government slash salaries by 50% to pursue senate presidency! of a past governor......how stupid can a sitting governor be to do that?

Poster, where is the source? when did beer parlour discussion become a news item?

I am tired of the failings of Nigerian elites who are supposed to be educated and have sound minds

1 Like

Re: 50% Pay Cut In Kwara by mu2sa2: 7:38am On Jun 05, 2015
boladez:
I find it distasteful when people sit in the corner of their rooms and cook up stories. How can a government slash salaries by 50% to pursue senate presidency! of a past governor......how stupid can a sitting governor be to do that?

Poster, where is the source? when did beer parlour discussion become a news item?

I am tired of the failings of Nigerian elites whopping are supposed to be educated and have sound minds
You're not in the state that's why u r spewing thrash. The local govt staff and pensioners who hav been short-changed for 2 months and state civil servants who hav not been paid even the 50% for May know better
Re: 50% Pay Cut In Kwara by Nobody: 7:55am On Jun 05, 2015
mu2sa2:
Civil servants and pensioners in Kwara state are in for a rough time as the state govt slashes salaries by a whopping 50%. This unpopular decision is likely to be effected in MDAs with the yet unpaid May salaries, but has been implemented for local govt workers since April 2015. Rumours going round have it that Bukola Saraki (who's the de facto governor of the state) is using the state's meagre resources to campaign for Senate presidency.

Despite the poor salary in Kwara , some agencies are being owed 3 months ....... Make Bukola collect Senate President so matter go settle for Kwara , if not, civil servants go hear am till this year go end , Kwara money shall be used to pacify his lost .... d guy go don spend like craze for his senate president ambition.
Re: 50% Pay Cut In Kwara by Nobody: 7:59am On Jun 05, 2015
boladez:

I am tired of the failings of Nigerian elites who are supposed to be educated and have sound minds
Oga who is the sitting Governor , Bukola Saraki is the Governor of Kwara state .... Fatai is merely a Manager........ This ain't beer parlour , it is happening.

1 Like

Re: 50% Pay Cut In Kwara by iamrealdeji(m): 8:23am On Jun 05, 2015
It's probably true because anything Saraki says Is the order of the day,Governor Fatai serves only one person,he doesn't belong to everybody and he belongs to somebody. Saraki is so unpatriotic that he's one of the causes of Kwara state not been able to generate it's own fund,Saraki has sold a lot of government properties,ministries have turned to something else,they,re no more productive,he has sold lands of ministries,so I can't be surprised,its what he can do. They call him Leader in Kwara state,some call him governor general,Fatai is governor,Saraki is governor general
Re: 50% Pay Cut In Kwara by sebali: 10:46am On Jun 05, 2015
Instead of cutting down their huge salaries dey are cutting 4rm d meagre pay of civil servant.
I blame dem not, d fault is from labour unions who wont protest bt wud be willing 2 protest if a governor is abt 2 be impeached
Re: 50% Pay Cut In Kwara by boladez(m): 12:13pm On Jun 05, 2015
Lushcream:
Oga who is the sitting Governor , Bukola Saraki is the Governor of Kwara state .... Fatai is merely a Manager........ This ain't beer parlour , it is happening.

Thank you , There MUST be an official reason for the reduction is salaries ? is it unavailability of cash or a pay cut?

We are all quite aware the Federal government revenues are dwindling and some states have not paid salaries for months but that does not amount to pay cut.

My point is that how can people come up with the story line that the pay has been slashed to fund Saraki's senate presidency bid....its such a lazy shameful rumour. When I first saw the post, I called a relation who is a director in one of the ministries, he confirmed that they were making partial payments owing to the dwindling FG revenue sharing and low IGR. That is a more intelligent position.

1 Like

Re: 50% Pay Cut In Kwara by boladez(m): 12:21pm On Jun 05, 2015
mu2sa2:
You're not in the state that's why u r spewing thrash. The local govt staff and pensioners who hav been short-changed for 2 months and state civil servants who hav not been paid even the 50% for May know better

Spewing thrash is a phrase I see every day on Nairaland from many who don't even understand the meaning. Just hear a word it sounds nice and throw it around without any originality. The same Low intellectual capacity makes you hear word in a beer palour and take it as truth without asking questions or exercising the God given grey matter you should have but lack. If you can slightly upgrade your thought process you will realise its better for a man who can see to stay afar than a blind man to stay close. I dont have to be In Kwara to know what is going on there ...all I need is to raise the game and ask questions in the right places.

Does your half or quarter wit tell you that there is a reason for the non payment other than using the money to pursue Saraki's Senate presidency?

Are you aware Kwara state is low on IGR?
Are you aware FGN share revenues are dwindling?
Are you aware KWSG is servicing loans?

why allow your beer parlour talk to spill into the streets? It does not make sense .....to those who have sense. Only saw dust brain like you will believe that there has been a pay cut for such flimsy and unintelligent reasons

1 Like

Re: 50% Pay Cut In Kwara by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jun 05, 2015
boladez:

Thank you , There MUST be an official reason for the reduction is salaries ? is it unavailability of cash or a pay cut?

We are all quite aware the Federal government revenues are dwindling and some states have not paid salaries for months but that does not amount to pay cut.

My point is that how can people come up with the story line that the pay has been slashed to fund Saraki's senate presidency bid....its such a lazy shameful rumour. When I first saw the post, I called a relation who is a director in one of the ministries, he confirmed that they were making partial payments owing to the dwindling FG revenue sharing and low IGR. That is a more intelligent position.

Ur director friend position is the simple truth ........ Kwara state government rely heavily on Federal allocation and The IGR is quite minute with regards to the expenses of the state ........

Nonetheless, Bukola Saraki for Senate President.
Re: 50% Pay Cut In Kwara by zimoni(f): 3:55pm On Jun 05, 2015
50% is better.

The useless governor of my state(Osun State, the goat changed the name to State of Osun) is owing seven month salaries.

The allocation isn't sufficient to pay salaries yet the goat keep collecting the money from FG every month.

AregbeUseless has really messed up Osun State.

Now, I hate the goat.

He can go to hell.

Nansense.

2 Likes

Re: 50% Pay Cut In Kwara by mu2sa2: 5:49pm On Jun 05, 2015
boladez:

Spewing thrash is a phrase I see every day on Nairaland from many who don't even understand the meaning. Just hear a word it sounds nice and throw it around without any originality. The same Low intellectual capacity makes you hear word in a beer palour and take it as truth without asking questions or exercising the God given grey matter you should have but lack. If you can slightly upgrade your thought process you will realise its better for a man who can see to stay afar than a blind man to stay close. I dont have to be In Kwara to know what is going on there ...all I need is to raise the game and ask questions in the right places.

Does your half or quarter wit tell you that there is a reason for the non payment other than using the money to pursue Saraki's Senate presidency?

Are you aware Kwara state is low on IGR?
Are you aware FGN share revenues are dwindling?
Are you aware KWSG is servicing loans?

why allow your beer parlour talk to spill into the streets? It does not make sense .....to those who have sense. Only saw dust brain like you will believe that there has been a pay cut for such flimsy and unintelligent reasons
Spewing trash again. The fact remains that Kwara state govt has slashed lg pension by 50% and civil servants hav not even been paid the 50%!
Re: 50% Pay Cut In Kwara by boladez(m): 6:32pm On Jun 05, 2015
mu2sa2:
Spewing trash again. The fact remains that Kwara state govt has slashed lg pension by 50% and civil servants hav not even been paid the 50%!

Is that all you can mutter? ....no match ......I move on...too low IQ and too much of an intellectual drone to hold discuss...
Re: 50% Pay Cut In Kwara by mu2sa2: 9:20am On Jun 06, 2015
boladez:

Is that all you can mutter? ....no match ......I move on...too low IQ and too much of an intellectual drone to hold discuss...
Bye-bye.

(1) (Reply)

Don’t Impeach Aregbesola Because Of Jonathan’s Recklessness – Asiwaju Foundation / Nigerian Army Chief Kenneth ‪‎Minimah‬ Orders Release of183 ‪bokoharam‬ Suspects / Why Osun State Is Now In A Big Shirt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.