Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,654 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:32 PM

BREAKING: Buhari, Osinbajo Take 50% Pay Cut - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Buhari, Osinbajo Take 50% Pay Cut (1951 Views)

Photo Of President Buhari & Osinbajo Smiling Before His Departure To London / Senate ready for 50% pay cut / More Photos Of Buhari,Osinbajo And Saraki At Independence Day Celebration 2day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Buhari, Osinbajo Take 50% Pay Cut by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jul 10, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari will only receive 50% of the salary paid to his predecessor, Goodluck Jonathan, the presidency announced Friday.
The president’s decision to take a pay cut was conveyed to the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation on Thursday by the Permanent Secretary of the State House, Nebolisa Emodi.
“I write to forward the completed IPPIS registration form of Mr. President and to draw your kind attention to Mr. President’s directive that only 50% of his salary be paid to him,” the permanent secretary, Mr. Emodi, was quoted as saying in the letter with reference number PRES/81/SGF/17.
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has similarly given up half of his official remuneration, Aso Rock confirmed in a statement signed by a presidential spokesperson, Garba Shehu.
The current annual remuneration of the President of Nigeria as published by the Revenue Mobilisation Allocation and Fiscal Commission is N14, 058,820.00

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/186465-breaking-buhari-osinbajo-take-50-pay-cut.html

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Osinbajo Take 50% Pay Cut by INTROVERT(f): 8:06pm On Jul 10, 2015
Ok
Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Osinbajo Take 50% Pay Cut by HungerBAD: 8:07pm On Jul 10, 2015
Hallelujah hallelujah hallelujah.

Buhari has again done what no leader, ever has done before. Just imagine Goodluck Jonathan telling his husband *Patience* that he wants to cut his pay. The beating that crazy woman will give him.

Buhari is exactly what Nigeria politics need, a leader that is there to serve. Buhari does not just talk the talk, he walks the walk.

Kudos to Nigeria's Political messiah.

14 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Osinbajo Take 50% Pay Cut by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jul 10, 2015
H
Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Osinbajo Take 50% Pay Cut by fatdon2(m): 8:10pm On Jul 10, 2015
We want action not salary pay cut.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Osinbajo Take 50% Pay Cut by fulanimafia: 8:10pm On Jul 10, 2015
Anybody that claims to not see, hear, smell the CHANGE in Nigeria is just an unrepentant hater.

Now tell me how anyone will have the guts to loot under this man.

9 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Osinbajo Take 50% Pay Cut by NeduLuiZ(m): 8:11pm On Jul 10, 2015
Patriotism cool
Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Osinbajo Take 50% Pay Cut by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jul 10, 2015
Sai Baba
Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Osinbajo Take 50% Pay Cut by tpiander: 8:12pm On Jul 10, 2015
wetin Osinbajo wan take una money do.

seems his dad was very rich.

although, owo kin poju sha.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Osinbajo Take 50% Pay Cut by Swaggzkid: 8:12pm On Jul 10, 2015
Make I go read mentions
Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Osinbajo Take 50% Pay Cut by Emekamex(m): 8:15pm On Jul 10, 2015
Wetin concern me

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Osinbajo Take 50% Pay Cut by Fairgodwin(m): 8:15pm On Jul 10, 2015
All these pay cut doesn't affect all their major allowances, I suppose.
Just their basic salary, which is not even much in the first place. I want the pay cut to include all their allowances and basic salary, and then I'd be truly glad and see them as 'progressives.'

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Osinbajo Take 50% Pay Cut by ChimaAdeoye: 8:15pm On Jul 10, 2015
If they will take 100% of their salary but not be corrupt, Nigeira will be better for it.
The sad truth is that Nigerian President and other politicians as governors don't depend on salaries. many of them have no clue how much their salary is. because they have serious 'egunje' being collected from various sources and people needing their signature to win contracts or get anything at all done. Oil companies and other big business people must settle them.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Osinbajo Take 50% Pay Cut by tobillionaire(m): 8:17pm On Jul 10, 2015
Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Osinbajo Take 50% Pay Cut by doctokwus: 8:17pm On Jul 10, 2015
Why do these kinds of 'heartbreaking' news from the PMB presidency come late in the night?
Many wailing wailers of the past govt of locusts would not find good sleep this night,particularly when they didn't hear of any suicide bomb blast throughout the day.
Whom God has ordained to revamp a nation,all devilish forces cannot undo.
PMB,good, honest Nigerians are behind u and praying for you,for your success is everyone's gain.
Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Osinbajo Take 50% Pay Cut by petkoffDrake(m): 8:18pm On Jul 10, 2015
chai! there is....
Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Osinbajo Take 50% Pay Cut by papparatzzi2013: 8:19pm On Jul 10, 2015
I love my President.

Thank God i voted out cluelessness.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Osinbajo Take 50% Pay Cut by aresa: 8:20pm On Jul 10, 2015
fatdon2:
We want action not salary pay cut.

Maybe not your kind of action, but this is more than action and leading by example.

Even 1 kobo saved here could be put to good use elsewhere to better your life.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Osinbajo Take 50% Pay Cut by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jul 10, 2015
Lol. Tomorrow now. They will debunked it. So am gonna wait till after 48hrs. B4 I will believe this

Besides they don't hope on monthly salary. Other means dey na
Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Osinbajo Take 50% Pay Cut by tinuolababy(f): 8:22pm On Jul 10, 2015
Good. Oya Senators and honourables what r u waiting for
Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Osinbajo Take 50% Pay Cut by OJUcrook: 8:22pm On Jul 10, 2015
When are the ibos finally going back to Biafra?
Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Osinbajo Take 50% Pay Cut by anonimi: 8:23pm On Jul 10, 2015
fulanimafia:
Anybody that claims to not see, hear, smell the CHANGE in Nigeria is just an unrepentant hater.

Now tell me how anyone will have the guts to loot under this man.

Have you SEEN, heard or smelt his "public" asset declaration
Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Osinbajo Take 50% Pay Cut by CallPolice: 8:26pm On Jul 10, 2015
No mind the born fool

aresa:

Maybe not your kind of action, but this is more than action and leading by example.

Even 1 kobo saved here could be put to good use elsewhere to better your life.
Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Osinbajo Take 50% Pay Cut by owobokiri(m): 8:31pm On Jul 10, 2015
Will he keep the unbeleivable estacodes? It is obvious that Buharis image makers stepped up their game to another notch within the last 48 hours. . . What next? Buhari to be trekking to work while a dozen private jets are kept humming at the presidential wing of the Abuja airport.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Osinbajo Take 50% Pay Cut by redsconsult(m): 8:33pm On Jul 10, 2015
change
Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Osinbajo Take 50% Pay Cut by Dannyset(m): 8:37pm On Jul 10, 2015
These are the people Nigeria need now. Thank God we got them.
Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Osinbajo Take 50% Pay Cut by Ofunaofu: 8:40pm On Jul 10, 2015
Goodnews to change agents, Bad news to the TANoids
Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Osinbajo Take 50% Pay Cut by fulanimafia: 8:41pm On Jul 10, 2015
anonimi:

Have you SEEN, heard or smelt his "public" asset declaration

Keep quiet and stop derailing the thread.
Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Osinbajo Take 50% Pay Cut by Udmaster(m): 8:44pm On Jul 10, 2015
Mtcheew
Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Osinbajo Take 50% Pay Cut by anonimi: 8:47pm On Jul 10, 2015
fulanimafia:
Keep quiet and stop derailing the thread.

Talk to & listen to yourself.

I can understand you don't want the SCAM by Brainless Bubu to be exposed grin grin
Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Osinbajo Take 50% Pay Cut by raumdeuter: 8:47pm On Jul 10, 2015
Change is a gradual process

Thank you Nigerians for voting out Retardeen
Re: BREAKING: Buhari, Osinbajo Take 50% Pay Cut by anonimi: 8:48pm On Jul 10, 2015
owobokiri:
Will he keep the unbeleivable estacodes? It is obvious that Buharis image makers stepped up their game to another notch within the last 48 hours. . . What next? Buhari to be trekking to work while a dozen private jets are kept humming at the presidential wing of the Abuja airport.

The hallmark of confirmed SCAMMERS serenading their 200 million mumu victims cheesy cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

If Presidential Election Is To Be Re-conducted Today Will You Still Vote PMB? / Eid Prayer Attack: See What Happened To The 8 Men Who Stoned Saraki (see Photos) / It’s Common Knowledge Inec’s Card Readers Malfunctioned – Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.