Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,612 members, 7,813,004 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:28 AM

Ask Me Anything On Drugs And Supplements - Health (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ask Me Anything On Drugs And Supplements (166224 Views)

The Best Food And Supplements For HIV / Your Health, Nutrition And Supplements / Governor Ganduje Destroys Illegal Drugs And Expired Food Items. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (40) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask Me Anything On Drugs And Supplements by Nobody: 6:53pm On Dec 14, 2015
Stesibelle17:

So I can continue with the pill?
yea but take flagyl or promethazine or deworm urself to counteract d stomach upset effect
Re: Ask Me Anything On Drugs And Supplements by Stesibelle17(f): 6:55pm On Dec 14, 2015
ikihealthplus:
yea but take flagyl or promethazine or deworm urself to counteract d stomach upset effect

Ok. Thanks a lot.
I stopped taking it for a week now. If I want to start, should I take for the 7days I missed?
Re: Ask Me Anything On Drugs And Supplements by juxhullo(m): 8:54pm On Dec 14, 2015
Stesibelle17:

Ok. Thanks a lot.
I stopped taking it for a week now. If I want to start, should I take for the 7days I missed?

d sterility effect would av compromised because of d doses u missed. So, make use of other means of contraception eg diaphragm, condom in intercourse. The adverse u had could be because of d long term use of our contraceptives. Implants or most appropriate injection offer better long term sterility effect, see ur doctor n discuss better.
If u want to restart ur pill, I will advise dat let dis cycle run out, then start on d 5th day of menstruation as u would normally. I m sure u re not going to take 7pills at once. Promethazine or metronidazole should do for bloating.

datz d lil could do as a pharmacist at 3rd trimester##i salute my ogas....more power sirs

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Anything On Drugs And Supplements by Nobody: 10:12pm On Dec 14, 2015
juxhullo:

d sterility effect would av compromised because of d doses u missed. So, make use of other means of contraception eg diaphragm, condom in intercourse. The adverse u had could be because of d long term use of our contraceptives. Implants or most appropriate injection offer better long term sterility effect, see ur doctor n discuss better.
If u want to restart ur pill, I will advise dat let dis cycle run out, then start on d 5th day of menstruation as u would normally. I m sure u re not going to take 7pills at once. Promethazine or metronidazole should do for bloating.

datz d lil could do as a pharmacist at 3rd trimester##i salute my ogas....more power sirs
nice one,,,ur welcome
Re: Ask Me Anything On Drugs And Supplements by heavenet(m): 7:36pm On Dec 15, 2015
ikihealthplus:
well clinically speaking,,I don't believe it's belu-belu(lol),,probably u have an upper respiratory tract infection,,,for your catarrh,,go to the pharmacy and ask for xyzal(levocetrizine) and read d leaflet 4 dosage,,,for d sore throat,,,take lozenges(dequadin) and septrin/erythromycin,,,if u don't observe progress after 3days,,pls visit ur doctor
You are probably allergic to some allergens. Just to rule out infection, do a medical test of your sputum.
Re: Ask Me Anything On Drugs And Supplements by Nobody: 7:32pm On Dec 16, 2015
heavenet:

You are probably allergic to some allergens. Just to rule out infection, do a medical test of your sputum.
ok sir
Re: Ask Me Anything On Drugs And Supplements by SamAfoo: 10:33pm On Dec 16, 2015
What is the side effects of long time useage of diclofenac sodium 100mg and tramadol 100mg? Though this was prescribed to me by an orthopedic surgeon at general hospital for lower back/sciatic nerves pain. I have been having this pain for a year now.
Re: Ask Me Anything On Drugs And Supplements by steady986(m): 1:34am On Dec 17, 2015
Can anyone here tell me if there are any pills I can take to gain weight? Maybe supplements with some extra calories, or protein supplements. I kinda need to put in some weight, looking a little skinny.
Re: Ask Me Anything On Drugs And Supplements by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 17, 2015
SamAfoo:
What is the side effects of long time useage of diclofenac sodium 100mg and tramadol 100mg? Though this was prescribed to me by an orthopedic surgeon at general hospital for lower back/sciatic nerves pain. I have been having this pain for a year now.
how long precisely have u been using those drugs?are u sure ur complying to d prescription dosage?,,,i suggest u go to d doctor for review of prescription coz if ure using it carelessly,,,u might have peptic ulcer
Re: Ask Me Anything On Drugs And Supplements by Nobody: 12:34pm On Dec 17, 2015
steady986:
Can anyone here tell me if there are any pills I can take to gain weight? Maybe supplements with some extra calories, or protein supplements. I kinda need to put in some weight, looking a little skinny.
try WATE-ON or dexaforte,,,but WATE-ON is much better

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Anything On Drugs And Supplements by juxhullo(m): 11:28am On Dec 18, 2015
steady986:
why do u need think u should on weight? Good food intake, rest and lifestyle changes will help u get d best out of yourself. supplement are not basically needed if ur eat well. If u r d type dat don't eat wholesome food enough or u don't av appetite u may then need some top ups. vit bco, cypri gold nd Trevor is a nice supplement too. eat wholesomely take fruits n u r good to go!
Re: Ask Me Anything On Drugs And Supplements by udysweet(f): 11:51am On Dec 18, 2015
Wch work does trevor do exactly? I was tinking it among other things,helps to manage weight,as in for dos who wants to reduce? How come it helps add again?

juxhullo:

why do u need think u should on weight? Good food intake, rest and lifestyle changes will help u get d best out of yourself. supplement are not basically needed if ur eat well. If u r d type dat don't eat wholesome food enough or u don't av appetite u may then need some top ups. vit bco, cypri gold nd Trevor is a nice supplement too. eat wholesomely take fruits n u r good to go!
Re: Ask Me Anything On Drugs And Supplements by heavenet(m): 5:45pm On Dec 18, 2015
ANTIOXIDANTS
Antioxidants are man-made or natural substances that may prevent or delay some types of cell damage. Antioxidants are found in many foods, including fruits and vegetables. They are also available as dietary supplements. Examples of antioxidants include

Beta-carotene
Lutein
Lycopene
Selenium
Vitamin A
Vitamin C
Vitamin E
Vegetables and fruits are rich sources of antioxidants. There is good evidence that eating a diet with lots of vegetables and fruits is healthy and lowers risks of certain diseases. But it isn't clear whether this is because of the antioxidants, something else in the foods, or other factors.

Abnormal high-dose supplements of antioxidants may be linked to health risks in some cases. For example, high doses of beta-carotene may increase the risk of lung cancer in smokers. High doses of vitamin E may increase risks of prostate cancer and one type of stroke. Antioxidant supplements may also interact with some medicines. To minimize risk, tell you of your health care providers about any antioxidants you use.

NIH: National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health
Got any question on that? Go ahead and ask? passionately committed to answering.
Re: Ask Me Anything On Drugs And Supplements by juxhullo(m): 7:01pm On Dec 18, 2015
udysweet:
Wch work does trevor do exactly? I was tinking it among other things,helps to manage weight,as in for dos who wants to reduce? How come it helps add again?
it is reasonably good reservoir of essential vit and minerals which balances up ur system basic needs. u dig? I am not obliged to market Trevor bt I friends who do. thanks
Re: Ask Me Anything On Drugs And Supplements by heavenet(m): 7:51pm On Dec 18, 2015
Trevor is rich in antioxidants, multivitamins, minerals; both macro and micro. It also contains proprietary blends that include those used for weight loss, memory enhancement, proper internal organ functions among others.
Re: Ask Me Anything On Drugs And Supplements by deeprof123: 10:04am On Dec 19, 2015
heavenet:
Trevor is rich in antioxidants, multivitamins, minerals; both macro and micro. It also contains proprietary blends that include those used for weight loss, memory enhancement, proper internal organ functions among others.

Am a young married man in his mid thirties but having a poor sex life....

i work tirelessly during the day to fend for my family but cannot really meet the sex demand of my wife.

i dont do drugs due to side effect and neither do i take alcohol.

can you prescribe a safe supplement that can make have erection after release and with no side efffect.

i also know i have pile...any permanent cure through supplement or any orthodox drugs.
Re: Ask Me Anything On Drugs And Supplements by Nobody: 5:49pm On Dec 21, 2015
deeprof123:

Am a young married man in his mid thirties but having a poor sex life....

i work tirelessly during the day to fend for my family but cannot really meet the sex demand of my wife.

i dont do drugs due to side effect and neither do i take alcohol.

can you prescribe a safe supplement that can make have erection after release and with no side efffect.

i also know i have pile...any permanent cure through supplement or any orthodox drugs.
sorry for the late reply,,u need to take a break from ur work,,,stress kills sex urge,,,get a week rest and eat fruits and vegetables,,,vigrx supplement for men could improve ur sex life with no side effect,,,as for ur pile,,what kind of work do u indulge in? Hope u don't lift heavy objects? If u do,,pls stop,,drink plenty water and eat fruits too,,go to a pharmacy shop and get anusol suppository,,insert it into ur anus,,it melts within few minutes,,if d pile is severe,,u need surgical operation to remove it,,,cheers
Re: Ask Me Anything On Drugs And Supplements by Ojim07(m): 6:49pm On Dec 21, 2015
where can I find a lecithin supplementl?
Re: Ask Me Anything On Drugs And Supplements by Nobody: 8:09pm On Dec 21, 2015
ikihealthplus:
sorry for the late reply,,u need to take a break from ur work,,,stress kills sex urge,,,get a week rest and eat fruits and vegetables,,,vigrx supplement for men could improve ur sex life with no side effect,,,as for ur pile,,what kind of work do u indulge in? Hope u don't lift heavy objects? If u do,,pls stop,,drink plenty water and eat fruits too,,go to a pharmacy shop and get anusol suppository,,insert it into ur anus,,it melts within few minutes,,if d pile is severe,,u need surgical operation to remove it,,,cheers
can dis fruits b substituted in terms of juice or multivitamins
Re: Ask Me Anything On Drugs And Supplements by Nobody: 8:30pm On Dec 21, 2015
gommex:
can dis fruits b substituted in terms of juice or multivitamins
multivitamins are ok,,,but fruits is just perfect
Re: Ask Me Anything On Drugs And Supplements by Nobody: 8:31pm On Dec 21, 2015
Ojim07:
where can I find a lecithin supplementl?
go to any health store and ask
Re: Ask Me Anything On Drugs And Supplements by Sogen2(f): 12:20am On Dec 22, 2015
There's a supplement called LYCOSET syrup, Please what exactly is it used for?
Re: Ask Me Anything On Drugs And Supplements by id911(m): 12:22am On Dec 22, 2015
@ heavenet. Sometimes ago I was supposed to donate blood to my sister since we have same blood group, genotype, etc but after test the doc said the results showed I can't donate blood cos my PVC is low @ about 39%. I started taking Omega-H3 since last week since it contains lots of iron for production of red blood cells to increase my PVC. But i've been experiencing severe headache since then. It was becoming unbearable I had to stop the drug yesterday and the headache subsided.

Pls can you prescribe substitute drugs or supplement with no side effects for me? Pls also help me confirm if there's any side effects and verify the potency of "Re-vive" It's a herbal supplement from KEDI Healthcare. Thank you
Re: Ask Me Anything On Drugs And Supplements by Ojim07(m): 9:11am On Dec 22, 2015
ikihealthplus:
go to any health store and ask
...Thank you sir
Re: Ask Me Anything On Drugs And Supplements by Ojim07(m): 9:16am On Dec 22, 2015
good day... Plz I need a very good supplement formula name that is highly concentrated in Magnesium....Thank You
Re: Ask Me Anything On Drugs And Supplements by Nobody: 1:22pm On Dec 22, 2015
Sogen2:
There's a supplement called LYCOSET syrup, Please what exactly is it used for?
it contains vitamins and minerals for formation of healthy blood cells and immune system
Re: Ask Me Anything On Drugs And Supplements by Sogen2(f): 1:44pm On Dec 22, 2015
ikihealthplus:
it contains vitamins and minerals for formation of healthy blood cells and immune system

Tnx 4 d reply. A doc prescribed lycoset with VIZOFER capsules. Do they serve different functions? I'm scared of overdose.
Re: Ask Me Anything On Drugs And Supplements by Nobody: 2:07pm On Dec 22, 2015
Sogen2:

Tnx 4 d reply. A doc prescribed lycoset with VIZOFER capsules. Do they serve different functions? I'm scared of overdose.
vizofer would give u iron,,folic acid and vitamins,,just follow according to instructions on dosage,,,ull b safe,,
Re: Ask Me Anything On Drugs And Supplements by Sogen2(f): 3:15pm On Dec 22, 2015
ikihealthplus:
vizofer would give u iron,,folic acid and vitamins,,just follow according to instructions on dosage,,,ull b safe,,

Tnx so much, beta to be safe than sorry. :-)
Re: Ask Me Anything On Drugs And Supplements by heavenet(m): 1:54pm On Dec 24, 2015
id911:
@ heavenet. Sometimes ago I was supposed to donate blood to my sister since we have same blood group, genotype, etc but after test the doc said the results showed I can't donate blood cos my PVC is low @ about 39%. I started taking Omega-H3 since last week since it contains lots of iron for production of red blood cells to increase my PVC. But i've been experiencing severe headache since then. It was becoming unbearable I had to stop the drug yesterday and the headache subsided.

Pls can you prescribe substitute drugs or supplement with no side effects for me? Pls also help me confirm if there's any side effects and verify the potency of "Re-vive" It's a herbal supplement from KEDI Healthcare. Thank you
Hello. Good you stopped the supplement giving you headache. There are other common ones like astyfer, ferroglobin, Hb rich, mim among others.
Revive is manufactured by Fidson a recognised pharmaceutical industry and only marketed by Kedi. It contains about 3 herbs known to improve men's libido. It is registered by NAFDAC. It is safe and probably effective. I have not recommended it. Thanks. Hope that answered your question?

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Anything On Drugs And Supplements by id911(m): 5:53pm On Dec 24, 2015
heavenet:
Hello. Good you stopped the supplement giving you headache. There are other common ones like astyfer, ferroglobin, Hb rich, mim among others.
Revive is manufactured by Fidson a recognised pharmaceutical industry and only marketed by Kedi. It contains about 3 herbs known to improve men's libido. It is registered by NAFDAC. It is safe and probably effective. I have not recommended it. Thanks. Hope that answered your question?

Yeah! Thanks a lot Sir
Re: Ask Me Anything On Drugs And Supplements by Nobody: 6:06am On Dec 25, 2015
MERRY CHRISTMAS FAMILy smiley

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (40) (Reply)

Things That Can Affect A Man's Sperm / Help-hepatitis / Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.