Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,278 members, 7,839,381 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

Radio Biafra: Time To Take A Calculated Position - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Radio Biafra: Time To Take A Calculated Position (8170 Views)

FFK On Biafra : Time To Speak Out / Biafra- Time For Nigeria To Right The Wrong / A Calculated Move By PDP For 2019 - Zoning and Recognition! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Radio Biafra: Time To Take A Calculated Position by carnegiefan: 8:45pm On Jun 05, 2015
Chiwude:
Biko nwanne. I advice you channel this write up to Nnamdi KANU and other like minds ASAP. I agree that more content needs to be incorporated into the radio station. If the hate speeches can be reduced to a nearest minimum and diplomacy used as the new tactics ala BBC style, the radio station will go a long way in winning the hearts of our undecided brothers and also our enemies.
However, if need be the services of professionals can hired to plan the programming schedule of the station. Peace.

Dalu nwanne
We shall all continue to be responsible otherwise we shall blame ourselves later.
That radio station has HUGE potentials. grin
Re: Radio Biafra: Time To Take A Calculated Position by carnegiefan: 8:48pm On Jun 05, 2015
chrisbaba1:
Unanimously agree to go back to your zone to develop yourselves will be a better option... All your hate speech called ideology will only fuel anger reacted upon which in itself will be criminal. Truth is no one in Nigeria wants to remain especially with you because you guys always bring strife and animosity. I pray biafra is given soon.

Thanks for your prayers bro. We need it! cheesy cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Radio Biafra: Time To Take A Calculated Position by lawrsmith(m): 8:49pm On Jun 05, 2015
carnegiefan:
At this point, let me say that I could have simply written a private email to the director of Radio Biafra. But I reasoned that it would be better to share the idea with a broader audience of our people because then it would somehow get to the director.
Whatever is worth doing is worth doing well.
pls what is the frequency of this station
Re: Radio Biafra: Time To Take A Calculated Position by carnegiefan: 8:53pm On Jun 05, 2015
lawrsmith:

That is the problem my brother. I searched and searched and searched (just kiddin' grin ). I actually tried watching it online but my computer fought me every step of the way... maybe someone didn't want me to watch it. grin
But I persevered until I watched it on radiobiafra.co
I'm sure others here can give you a physical radio channel.
Re: Radio Biafra: Time To Take A Calculated Position by carnegiefan: 8:54pm On Jun 05, 2015
I'll pick some points from the OP to discuss more...

Point # 1 is pretty much self explanatory.

Point# 2 needs more elaboration.

The development plan I envisage is one that is non-existent in the current Nigerian vision for our region.

It is NOT economic; it is political structuring.

Without a functional political structure, the new nation cannot meet the dreams of her founding.
The frustration of being a Nigerian is fueled mostly by political chaos and disenfranchisement that is Nigeria.
For example, imagine that a federal police force is saddled with enforcement of street fighting, building codes, parking laws, environmental violations, criminal conduct at all levels, infrastructural asset protection and recovery, corruption, and in fact ALL crimes or violations in Nigeria. Any wonder the chaos is choking!

I know that it may seem like jumping the gun to talk about these, but how then would a neutral party see what you plan to do differently if allowed to secede?
But if you have this plan and talk about it freely, suddenly even those who vow war to stop our seceding would suddenly realize that we share no common vision with them, and maybe just let us go.
There are things that I know that can NEVER be allowed in Nigeria because it would upstage a power structure which was foisted on us after Biafra's defeat. But those are exactly what we need to target to lay them bare to the whole world and dare Nigeria to implement them.

Example, fair access to education: Fair access means that a child who scored 200 in a national standardized test, must not be denied access to education just to accommodate another child who scored 5.

1 Like

Re: Radio Biafra: Time To Take A Calculated Position by BiafranPrince: 8:59pm On Jun 05, 2015
lawrsmith:

What's ur location?

You could also download the mobile app

Go to radiobiafra.co or ipob.org to download the app.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Radio Biafra: Time To Take A Calculated Position by carnegiefan: 9:07pm On Jun 05, 2015
The other point I want to highlight is that the reason Nigeria can NEVER progress is the same reason that a septuagenarian from the civil war is chosen again to lead Nigeria, "defeating" a younger Nigerian with a more progressive and egalitarian vision.

After Buhari's turn, it may again fall into the laps of another civil war actor from outside of Eastern Nigeria.
The goal remains the same - KEEP THE CIVIL WAR LOOT.

Radio Biafra gets this point correct. So kudos to them!
Re: Radio Biafra: Time To Take A Calculated Position by BiafranPrince: 9:08pm On Jun 05, 2015
Carnegian, guy, if you have spoken one on one with any member of directorate of state of IPOB, you will know they have solid plans.
These things are said on the radio programs itself.

Listening to Director, u would immediately point to the fact that Nigeria isn't hard to fix, but the people who are holding the entity down won't let it, including the external forces.
But then I like the part of building Biafra for 75years, he mentions it with enough conviction, and I can feel passion for doing things right.
Majority of IPob head are based outside the country, u see people who want to come build their nation, the passion is there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Radio Biafra: Time To Take A Calculated Position by carnegiefan: 9:11pm On Jun 05, 2015
BiafranPrince:
Carnegian, guy, if you have spoken one on one with any member of directorate of state of IPOB, you will know they have solid plans.
These things are said on the radio programs itself.

Listening to Director, u would immediately point to the fact that Nigeria isn't hard to fix, but the people who are holding the entity down won't let it, including the external forces.
But then I like the part of building Biafra for 75years, he mentions it with enough conviction, and I can feel passion for doing things right.
Majority of IPob head are based outside the country, u see people who want to come build their nation, the passion is there.

Thanks for the info bro. How else would those of us outside IPOB know these things except he talks about them?
I guess I need to listen more. cheesy
Re: Radio Biafra: Time To Take A Calculated Position by BiafranPrince: 9:37pm On Jun 05, 2015
carnegiefan:

Thanks for the info bro. How else would those of us outside IPOB know these things except he talks about them?
I guess I need to listen more. cheesy

You sure do, and kindly join any IPOB family near you.
These guys are well read, well-traveled and well-educated.
One thing about IPOB is the weapon which is truth and honesty.
Re: Radio Biafra: Time To Take A Calculated Position by rafindo(m): 11:21pm On Jun 05, 2015
PointB:
Good point Op,

I hope the one in charge of Biafran Radio listens.

It it must be done, it must be done well in terms of tactics and strategy.

Biafra is rising again!
dear point,
I am very sorry to announce to u DAT u need more medication due to high blood pressure and delusive mindset that Nigeria will divide after the election. well I hope u find the courage to accept we are one united country. if u still hesitate on DAT then ,I will advice u to visit a dibia for clarification.
get a life and find how to change the east to a better society where u don't need Noah our turn syndrome.
Re: Radio Biafra: Time To Take A Calculated Position by rafindo(m): 11:40pm On Jun 05, 2015
carnegiefan:
At this point, let me say that I could have simply written a private email to the director of Radio Biafra. But I reasoned that it would be better to share the idea with a broader audience of our people because then it would somehow get to the director.
Whatever is worth doing is worth doing well.
a beautiful well thought idea that is absolutely nonsense. I pity ur type who now toe this line of self destruct.I can promise u one thing that u are going to be disappointed becos Nigeria is going to be one.instead of propagating ideas that will make an Aba man be Chairman of Onitsha or nnewi or even ebonyi man been the governor of anambra u busy figho to make the outside of the cup clean whereas the inside is dirty.

2 Likes

Re: Radio Biafra: Time To Take A Calculated Position by carnegiefan: 12:57am On Jun 06, 2015
rafindo:
a beautiful well thought idea that is absolutely nonsense. I pity ur type who now toe this line of self destruct.I can promise u one thing that u are going to be disappointed becos Nigeria is going to be one.instead of propagating ideas that will make an Aba man be Chairman of Onitsha or nnewi or even ebonyi man been the governor of anambra u busy figho to make the outside of the cup clean whereas the inside is dirty.
My brother we don't need your pity; we just need your common sense. Abeg no vex.
Every reasonable attempt to make these happen in Nigeria has failed, sometimes with devastating consequences. Where should I begin? Is it from the carpet crossing incident in 1952, or the "North for Northerners" preached and practiced by Ahmadu Bello.
My brother our problem is Nigeria, and it can never be solved until Nigeria either disintegrates or seriously restructures.
I'm sad to I say this because Nigeria could have simply restructured and decentralized power like other sane federalist countries where federating units have their own constitutions, supreme courts, police, and even militia.
But that will NEVER EVER EVER happen in Nigeria.
We all suffer from that Nigerian disease that permeates ALL parts of Nigeria, a disease that was buried under the foundation of the Nigerian nation.
That disease can never be cured without touching the foundation.
Re: Radio Biafra: Time To Take A Calculated Position by Nobody: 1:10am On Jun 06, 2015
BuddahMonk:
Am not a fan of Radio Biafra, I listened once and hate the station.
No ideology whatsoever, they are inciting hate instead of consciousness.

I heard about it, listened once and I was shocked.

Mr Kalu would make lots of enemies:he does not speak the mind of igbos. He was on a shouting mood. Kept on using derogatory words against Hausa/Fulani, Yorubas, black people, whites, buhari, Jonathan and even Igbos.

I thought he was extreme. He would never win anything with such. He won't get much friends and support.

3 Likes

Re: Radio Biafra: Time To Take A Calculated Position by carnegiefan: 1:13am On Jun 06, 2015
gbosaa:

I heard about it, listened once and I was shocked.

Mr Kalu would make lots of enemies:he does not speak the mind of igbos. He was on a shouting mood. Kept on using derogatory words against Hausa/Fulani, Yorubas, black people, whites, buhari, Jonathan and even Igbos.

I thought he was extreme. He would never win anything with such. He won't get much friends and support.

That is my concern too.
You need understanding even from your enemies...
Re: Radio Biafra: Time To Take A Calculated Position by codedslayer: 2:45am On Jun 06, 2015
I dont know how someone will wake up and start cursing Yoruba, Hausa, Obama, Okorocha and any of his perceived enemies. He should atleast pity his kinsmen in other region, the people he is cursing are not dumb and now listening to that radio. I hope he will be on ground to command his so called armies when the shit hit the fan.

3 Likes

Re: Radio Biafra: Time To Take A Calculated Position by Nobody: 3:32am On Jun 06, 2015
remember that the NIGER DELTA REPUBLIC is not part of Biafra.
we are independent!

2 Likes

Re: Radio Biafra: Time To Take A Calculated Position by BiafranPrince: 3:55am On Jun 06, 2015
If u can't stand the hate speeches, stay away, you are doing as if the Hausa Fulani loves you in return.

Or is it the back stabbers that care about u.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Radio Biafra: Time To Take A Calculated Position by Nobody: 5:44am On Jun 06, 2015
BiafranPrince:
If u can't stand the hate speeches, stay away, you are doing as if the Hausa Fulani loves you in return.

Or is it the back stabbers that care about u.
. That isn't a tangible reason for the hate speeches. Winning your enemies to your side is the game plan and not otherwise.

2 Likes

Re: Radio Biafra: Time To Take A Calculated Position by chosen04(f): 6:15am On Jun 06, 2015
carnegiefan:

That is my concern too.
You need understanding even from your enemies...
Are you kidding me? Any reasonable person that needs the understanding of his enemies needs to have his brain re-examined. Its best that enemies are spoken and addressed exactly as who they are

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Radio Biafra: Time To Take A Calculated Position by chosen04(f): 6:20am On Jun 06, 2015
Chiwude:
. That isn't a tangible reason for the hate speeches. Winning your enemies to your side is the game plan and not otherwise.
.......Why does an average black man see telling someone the truth has a hate speech? I can now understand why my dad advised me to always tell the people the truth no matter if they call it hate speech or not. What matters most is am I saying the truth?.... #Eziokwubundu
Re: Radio Biafra: Time To Take A Calculated Position by chosen04(f): 6:25am On Jun 06, 2015
I will rather say the truth without compromising a word and get hated by the world than compromise the truth in the name of applying diplomacy and get loved by the world. At least i would have fulfilled the age long mantra of our ancestors that "Truth is Life"........ Know the truth, say the truth and saying of the truth will set u free

1 Like

Re: Radio Biafra: Time To Take A Calculated Position by guy1234: 7:12am On Jun 06, 2015
I guess u guys are all young men who don't have their own families. Most of the successful igbos are actually outside d igboland, either withing this our country Naija or those hustling outside the country.

Igbos live in peace in other parts of the country, and they are the most travelled tribe within the country's borders. Have land and thriving businesses everywhere in naija.

Have u asked what would happen to these your numerous kinsmen if u actually act along with ur hate induced rants ?

Our aim should be to learn to live peaceably with others regardless of the situation we meet ourselves . war pays no one. Israel and Palestine has never been on peace, and will never be in peace, don't let that be the Nigerian-Biafran story too.

1 Like

Re: Radio Biafra: Time To Take A Calculated Position by carnegiefan: 7:21am On Jun 06, 2015
chosen04:
Are you kidding me? Any reasonable person that needs the understanding of his enemies needs to have his brain re-examined. Its best that enemies are spoken and addressed exactly as who they are

But my sister understanding is not capitulation. Why is this hard for you to get?
When your enemy understands you, he will tend to respect you even if he disagrees with you. The respect is what will eventually make him cave in to your demands.
But simply annoying him may make him just belligerent even if unreasonably. Why take such hard path when all it may take (not saying it always is, but may very well be!) is a little diplomacy.

The most powerful nations of the world still use diplomacy, because it is a weapon. cool

I'm not outright condemning the "shock jock" tactics, provided it is part of a well thought out broader strategy.
Re: Radio Biafra: Time To Take A Calculated Position by chosen04(f): 7:45am On Jun 06, 2015
carnegiefan:

When your enemy understands you, he will tend to respect you even if he disagrees with you. The respect is what will eventually make him cave in to your demands.
Sorry, what is your definition of an enemy? Hope you are not confusing an enemy with people you may just have a mere or serious difference in ideology, belief or principle with?.....Or would you have rather pleaded with God to try and understand the Devil after he sinned and became an enemy of creation? FYI, never seek the understanding of your enemies. Hit him with the truth. If he does not fail for the truth then he will only stab you after listening to your diplomatic and sweeting to the hear words. (Examples of these abound everywhere)
Re: Radio Biafra: Time To Take A Calculated Position by chosen04(f): 7:57am On Jun 06, 2015
carnegiefan:

The most powerful nations of the world still use diplomacy, because it is a weapon. cool

...Nwanne, countries that dont have the #Truth is Life mantra in their way of life may apply diplomatic language in their daily dealings and it will work but NOT for us that our ancestors have benqueted (sic) #EZIOKWUBUNDU on us and who are trying to go back to the ways of the almighty Chukwu Abiama (who is truth himself).... .What works for others will not work for us because............ (The country we are fighting for her restoration is God's kingdom on earth). Wish you get my drift
Re: Radio Biafra: Time To Take A Calculated Position by carnegiefan: 8:01am On Jun 06, 2015
chosen04:
...Nwanne, countries that dont have the #Truth is Life mantra in their way of life may apply diplomatic language in their daily dealings and it will work but NOT for us that our ancestors have benqueted (sic) #EZIOKWUBUNDU on us and who are trying to go back to the ways of the almighty Chukwu Abiama (who is truth himself).... .What works for others will not work for us because............ (The country we are fighting for her restoration is God's kingdom on earth). Wish you get my drift

I never said they should lie.
Is there no room for "smart talk" and diplomacy in your truth dictionary? Diplomacy based on lies can NEVER go far.
Or rather, diplomacy based on lies is very expensive, and is very mistaken.

In the OP I shared a video clip of "Cry freedom" just to show how powerful the music there is. But was the music enough to grant SA freedom?
No of course.
It still took the presence of about 40,000 Cuban troops in Angola to end apartheid. A lot of people still think that SA was freed by propaganda and throwing stones at the police. International diplomacy is what brought in the Cubans. It was what ultimately scared apartheid into submission.

Lets be real sister.
Re: Radio Biafra: Time To Take A Calculated Position by chosen04(f): 8:01am On Jun 06, 2015
guy1234:
I guess u guys are all young men who don't have their own families. Most of the successful igbos are actually outside d igboland, either withing this our country Naija or those hustling outside the country.

Igbos live in peace in other parts of the country, and they are the most travelled tribe within the country's borders. Have land and thriving businesses everywhere in naija.

Have u asked what would happen to these your numerous kinsmen if u actually act along with ur hate induced rants ?

Our aim should be to learn to live peaceably with others regardless of the situation we meet ourselves . war pays no one. Israel and Palestine has never been on peace, and will never be in peace, don't let that be the Nigerian-Biafran story too.
Sorry, we have tried to live peacefully with them but they keep killing us. If they draw the cartoon of Prophet Mohammed in Denmark, they will kill us here in niGERia. If Israel attacks Palestine, they will kill us......And you want that statuo quo to remain? You must be heartless for even suggesting that line of thought
Re: Radio Biafra: Time To Take A Calculated Position by carnegiefan: 8:10am On Jun 06, 2015
guy1234:

Have you ever wondered why Igbo are the most killed of the major tribes in Nigeria?
Just chew on that for sec and then come back.
Our lives are certainly worth more than money bro.
Re: Radio Biafra: Time To Take A Calculated Position by chosen04(f): 8:17am On Jun 06, 2015
carnegiefan:

I never said they should lie.
Is there no room for "smart talk" and diplomacy in your truth dictionary? Diplomacy based on lies can NEVER go far.
Or rather, diplomacy based on lies is very expensive, and is very mistaken.

Lets be real sister.
But it is you who is not being REAL here. Btw, what is your definition of "SMART TALK?" And can you give 2 classic examples of how to apply this your "smart talk" WITHOUT lieing? Thanks... I guess one of it will be to continue to subtly encourage and discourage the attendance of Yoruba people founded pentecostal churches at same time rather than categorically telling true Biafrans to quit because they are axis of deceit and invitation to the practice of heroic worship?
Re: Radio Biafra: Time To Take A Calculated Position by carnegiefan: 8:23am On Jun 06, 2015
chosen04:
But it is you who is not being REAL here. Btw, what is your definition of "SMART TALK?" And can you give 2 classic examples of how to apply this your "smart talk" WITHOUT lieing? Thanks... I guess one of it will be to continue to subtly encourage and discourage the attendance of Yoruba people founded pentecostal churches at same time rather than categorically telling true Biafrans to quit because they are axis of deceit and invitation to the practice of heroic worship?

Smart talk is another name for diplomacy. grin

It is the lingo that every country of the world respect.
When you speak only brashly and people listen internationally, even those who could have stepped up to help will be turned away.
In the SA example, again, some WHITE people actually played LEADING ROLES in the fight against apartheid.
I won't mind some of these local enemies championing our course for us. It is very possible if you use the right language.
Re: Radio Biafra: Time To Take A Calculated Position by Blueeyedboi(m): 9:26am On Jun 06, 2015
I've listened to him en to be honest he sounds very harsh en raw...but he's a freedom fighter not a diplomat or politician..freedom fighters all over the world have never been known to paint words...so I go with him on that..I only want him to be open to alternative opinions en be able to acknowledge a superior arguement when he percieves one..God bless Biafra.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

No Ban On Public Protest - IGP Says / Nigeria’s $16.5bn Trapped N U.S., Switzerland, Dubai, Others / LASG Meets With Entertainment Captains Over Noise Pollution At Christmastime.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.