Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,180 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

Radio Biafra: Time To Take A Calculated Position - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Radio Biafra: Time To Take A Calculated Position (8140 Views)

FFK On Biafra : Time To Speak Out / Biafra- Time For Nigeria To Right The Wrong / A Calculated Move By PDP For 2019 - Zoning and Recognition! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Radio Biafra: Time To Take A Calculated Position by carnegiefan: 8:01am On Jun 05, 2015
Radio Biafra: Time to take a calculated position

Over the past few weeks, particularly since the defeat of Goodluck Jonathan at the polls, there has been a surge in the number and intensity of voices asking serious questions about the viability and the rationale for the continuity of the Nigerian national experiment. To be fair, most of the questions have been there way before the elections; the questions have been there even before current democratic dispensation in Nigeria, in fact they were summarily termed “The National Question” during the military dictatorships of the 80s under Buhari and Babangida, and 90s under Abacha. Over the years, no serious attempt was made to address or answer it, rather it was morphed, diced and sliced to appear different from what it really is.

The question has never changed, and still remains the same: SHOULD NIGERIA REMAIN ONE NATION?

However instead of facing this question, it was cunningly changed to “which zone or region should take the presidential turn?”. As the years wore on, several dishonest attempts were made pretending to address this question by ways of “National Conference” at one time or the other. Each time, and at every point, the conferences always began with a section of the country shouting down voices from other sections which question the existing political structure of the Nigerian nation. Even attempts at changing the resource control structure of the country failed because the same bullying section basically breathed down the necks of the regions from whose lands the resources are extracted, making true change impossible. The same section has also blocked or stalled the implementation of resolutions reached at last National Conference, apparently in an attempt to wait out the former president, return power to its own region, and send us back to square one again! While this game is going on, Nigeria remain virtually stagnant (we still can't produce or supply ourselves electricity) while other nations raced ahead.

As time went on, it started to look as if the resource owners had accepted the fate of a conquered people, or servile status... until the defeat of Jonathan at the polls by the same sections that made true change impossible in Nigeria. Jonathan might have been weak and semi-competent, but I wager that he is not worse than those before him, or those that finally ousted him, but that debate will not happen here or in this thread. The main point is that he comes from the section of Nigeria that bears the brunt of crude oil exploitation (oil being the chief resource that funds the Nigerian state) , the same section that cried for “resource control” for decades on. Whether true or not, it is difficult to argue against anyone who thinks that Jonathan's loss is egregious, distasteful and unfair, thus fueling unprecedented levels of malcontent in his native Eastern Region of Nigeria.

Had to give this background before coming to the Radio Biafra issue.

For more than a year (since beginning of last year really) I resisted the urge to listen to radio Biafra because I felt that Nigeria deserved a little more chance. But in light of Jonathan's loss (particularly because of whom he lost to), I decided there was nothing else to lose because those who - through unqualified incompetence through the years- had shaped my personal life for decades are about to take over the mantle of leadership to, in my humble opinion, erase all the egalitarian gains made in Nigeria in the last 16 years. I don't need a prophet to tell me what Nigeria will look like after Buhari's 4 years in power (going by his personal history as a Northern Nigerian political actor from 1966/67 days). He is already showing his hands.

So, straight to the chase.

I finally listened to Radio Biafra, and it speaks for me! It speaks to issues close to my heart!

As an Eastern Nigerian/Biafran, Radio Biafra is my voice in a world where voices for justice and fairness are becoming thinner and fewer.

Now, because it is my voice as an Eastern Nigerian (Biafran), it is my responsibility (as is of every Eastern Nigerian or Biafran) to help the station succeed in its stated mission by directing it to saying the right things always, and to avoid saying things that may defeat its stated aims.

Since it is just a radio station, it is only embarking on a verbal ideological and philosophical "crusade". If people buy the idea, it wins, if they don't, it loses. The philosophy that should guide the radio station should be these:

(1) Stop attacking any group: Verbally attacking groups of people makes them defensive, and when people become defensive, they lash out and can undermine your goal. In this agenda, you need the support of EVERYONE, even your enemies.
(a) Include a robust musical strategy because most human beings love GOOD MUSIC. Make good musics laced with liberation messages. Music is unstoppable. Watch and listen to this liberation music below and be sold to the cause even if you don't understand the language or the message, and even if you are the enemy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUemKZdQoxY

(2) Prepare and publish a snap development plan for Eastern Nigeria: Hire good brains from our region and have them prepare a brilliant development plan that can be broken down for ordinary people in villages of Eastern Nigeria. Make it a booklet distributable to millions of people in rural areas. Right now a lot of our people are sitting on the fence because you have not shown them concrete plans, the HOWS, WHENS and WHERES of your message.

(3) Be very smart in what you say. If you don't know diplomacy, learn, or better yet hire a Cameroonian! They defeated Nigeria without firing a single shot in Bakassi.

(4)Encourage Seeking of natural alliances: By natural alliances I mean those with similar values and attitudes on life challenges. Since Biafra is a Christian nation, for example, it is very important to ensure that she gets the support of MOST if not ALL Christian nations. There are ways of doing just that. In fact Biafra implemented aspects of it during the civil war albeit belatedly - by the time it had gained traction it was already too late. It is something you do in peace time, not in war time.

(5) Distance from anything that makes your aim seem anti-racist or black consciousness thingy. We are not agitating against colonialism by whites (at least not directly). We are seeking freedom from Hausa/Fulani internal colonialism, chauvinism, Islamic fascism and indolence.

(6) Be affirmative, not negative: Say what good Biafra will do rather than what evil she will fight or stop. They may be the same thing, but saying things affirmatively makes it look different. Sow love amongst Eastern Nigerians by affirming things that make the region the most peaceful in Nigeria. Refuse to be drawn into vain arguments and shout matches with anybody. Practice live and let live.

(7) Finally, be resolute and fearless: Archbishop Desmond Tutu said that the only way an individual can eat an elephant is “piecemeal”, ie little by little over time. Don't seek to do too much too soon. The push for the state of Israel began in the 19th century, almost 50 years before it was actualized.

Biafra 1.0 was a colossal failure: We say NEVER AGAIN. So help us God.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Radio Biafra: Time To Take A Calculated Position by cocoduck: 8:16am On Jun 05, 2015
them go soon devour you
Re: Radio Biafra: Time To Take A Calculated Position by missKiffy(f): 8:16am On Jun 05, 2015
undecided
Re: Radio Biafra: Time To Take A Calculated Position by Rexceedo: 8:19am On Jun 05, 2015
jga
Re: Radio Biafra: Time To Take A Calculated Position by guyX(m): 8:21am On Jun 05, 2015
Light a candle at the highest tower. When we see an we go know say una ready.
Re: Radio Biafra: Time To Take A Calculated Position by PointB: 8:27am On Jun 05, 2015
Good point Op,

I hope the one in charge of Biafran Radio listens.

It it must be done, it must be done well in terms of tactics and strategy.

Biafra is rising again!

4 Likes

Re: Radio Biafra: Time To Take A Calculated Position by carnegiefan: 8:36am On Jun 05, 2015
PointB:
Good point Op,

I hope the one in charge of Biafran Radio listens.

If it must be done, it must be done well in terms of tactics and strategy.

Biafra is rising again!

Exactly bro!

What I worry about is the style of language being used there. It could be better.

But they are certainly onto something too.
Re: Radio Biafra: Time To Take A Calculated Position by Nobody: 8:39am On Jun 05, 2015
Am not a fan of Radio Biafra, I listened once and hate the station. No ideology whatsoever, they are inciting hate instead of consciousness.

5 Likes

Re: Radio Biafra: Time To Take A Calculated Position by jorlons(m): 8:39am On Jun 05, 2015
The only sensible Biafran so far. If your leader does according to your suggestion, Biafra will be a reality faster than you guys can think.
Re: Radio Biafra: Time To Take A Calculated Position by cocoduck: 8:41am On Jun 05, 2015
carnegiefan:

Exactly bro!

What I worry about is the style of language being used there. It could be better.

they need that style so they start think and acting right.
if you are acting right he treats you right with a good languge
Re: Radio Biafra: Time To Take A Calculated Position by PointB: 8:43am On Jun 05, 2015
carnegiefan:

Exactly bro!

I assume the language is just to attract attention - chaos theory!

But now they got our attention, it's time to unfold more agenda and show leadership, unless they believe majority of their audience support their method. If that's the case, it will be difficult to change tact. All politics is local!

1 Like

Re: Radio Biafra: Time To Take A Calculated Position by carnegiefan: 8:44am On Jun 05, 2015
BuddahMonk:
Am not a fan of Radio Biafra, I listened once and hate the station.
No ideology whatsoever, they are inciting hate instead of consciousness.

To say that they have no ideology would not be correct. They are just brash and use the "shock jock" tactics. grin
As for the hate, well, that is why I said that they should be diplomatic, or hire a Cameroonian.
But you have to understand their anger grin

1 Like

Re: Radio Biafra: Time To Take A Calculated Position by udoka2: 8:45am On Jun 05, 2015
i listened and was scared of the language their director and callers use.

Whatever they want to do/achieve should be peaceful.

An ordinary Nigerian irrespective of tribe is not the problem of Nigerians or biafran in this case.

#peace!

1 Like

Re: Radio Biafra: Time To Take A Calculated Position by carnegiefan: 8:46am On Jun 05, 2015
PointB:

I assume the language is just to attract attention - chaos theory!

But now they got our attention, it's time to unfold more agenda and show leadership, unless they believe majority of their audience support their method. If that's the case, it will be difficult to change tact. All politics is local!

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Radio Biafra: Time To Take A Calculated Position by cocoduck: 8:47am On Jun 05, 2015
carnegiefan:

To say that they have no ideology would not be correct. They are just brash and use the "shock jock" tactics. grin
As for the hate, well, that is why I said that they should be diplomatic, or hire a Cameroonian.
But you have to understand their anger grin
that is not true, they are very ideological, the zoo is an aberration how can somebody say he is from niger delta for example

5 Likes

Re: Radio Biafra: Time To Take A Calculated Position by pazienza(m): 8:47am On Jun 05, 2015
I agree with your points 100% especially the sixth point Nnanna need to work on that Asap.

2 Likes

Re: Radio Biafra: Time To Take A Calculated Position by huptin(m): 8:48am On Jun 05, 2015
Packing your loads and relocating to your region will be ten times more effective than all these online noise making.

6 Likes

Re: Radio Biafra: Time To Take A Calculated Position by Kx: 8:56am On Jun 05, 2015
Radio Biafra is making some serious sense, touching some serious hot spots so to speak.
Niger Delta is an aberration. It was never there in time immemorial.
Some old map shows some part of the current Gulf of Guinea as Bight of Biafra; that means Biafra has always been known to exist and that it predates Nigeria of 1914.
Britain nor try at all.
How can you just come to a place and you change "a people's name" and give them a new name for your convenience without caring about their ideological, cultural, language and ancestral divides?

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/64296/Bight-of-Biafra

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Radio Biafra: Time To Take A Calculated Position by PointB: 8:58am On Jun 05, 2015
Kx:
Radio Biafra is making some serious sense, touching some serious hot spots so to speak.
Niger Delta is an aberration. It was never there in time immemorial.
Some old map shows some part of the current Gulf of Guinea as Bight of Biafra; that means Biafra has always been known to exist and that it predates Nigeria of 1914.
Britain nor try at all.
How can you just come to a place and you change "a people's name" and give them a new name for your convenience without caring about their ideological, cultural, language and ancestral divides?

That is something we should all try to correct, by supporting the idea and movement - Biafra and helping to shape it for better!
Re: Radio Biafra: Time To Take A Calculated Position by rman: 9:17am On Jun 05, 2015
The reference to Biafra as a Christian nation is unnecessary. It is okay to build alliances but no modern nation that hopes to thrive should be built on any form of religiosity.

Religion throw up a lot of sentiments and is devoid of logic. Africa and Nigeria is where it is today because of religion cum ethnic bias.

Biafra must be a deviation from the norm hence you end up back at square one in the new country.

@OP, you are a breath of fresh air and seems to know how to go about issues. You should be part of the struggle. Majority of posters on nairaland in support of Biafra lack your depth. Kudos!

2 Likes

Re: Radio Biafra: Time To Take A Calculated Position by BiafranPrince: 9:18am On Jun 05, 2015
If you are not a member of IPOB, you will not know for the mean time the plans and agendas, when time is right, you will see the ideologies laid bare, and you will know that IPOB is the real deal.

For now, he is waking up dozing spirits, and people are really waking up.
When the A.M transmitter starts working, Nigeria will be in chaos, because a lot more things have been outlined after then.
But the most important thing is to preach and sensitize people, freedom fighting in a dark entity like Africa is not rice and salad game, u need to make people think brave at each opportunity.
If you don't get ready, Nigeria will give u hell treatment when the serious agigation starts soon.
Radio Biafra is preparing minds, cowards are never needed for freedom fighting and if u hate the truth, you can't succeed with such project.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Radio Biafra: Time To Take A Calculated Position by ikeyman00(m): 9:23am On Jun 05, 2015
@@@

useless thread

all hail Biafra

by the way we dnt need u to listen to radio baifra

u can always tune to your pentecostal channel to hear your pastor asking u if u wana be rich since 199000dc

we dnt need u! for heaven sake

3 Likes

Re: Radio Biafra: Time To Take A Calculated Position by PedroJP(m): 10:31am On Jun 05, 2015
OP, in ur mind, u think Biafra starts and end with Radio Biafra. Wake up.
Ever asked how Biafrans in all corners of the World had a unique outing on 30th May ?

Was it Radio Biafra that connected them all and provided the Biafran vest ?

Relax, it's a step at a time. Radio Biafra only wants to make u never to consider anything one Nigeria. It wants to make u see a million reasons why mention of one Nigeria should get u angered, hence, ur support even to ur last drop of blood shud it go that one. We are being held from making an explode in this zoo shell named by one lady.

Viva Biafra

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Radio Biafra: Time To Take A Calculated Position by besttrader: 10:35am On Jun 05, 2015
?
Re: Radio Biafra: Time To Take A Calculated Position by carnegiefan: 7:53pm On Jun 05, 2015
BiafranPrince:
If you are not a member of IPOB, you will not know for the mean time the plans and agendas, when time is right, you will see the ideologies laid bare, and you will know that IPOB is the real deal.

For now, he is waking up dozing spirits, and people are really waking up.
When the A.M transmitter starts working, Nigeria will be in chaos, because a lot more things have been outlined after then.
But the most important thing is to preach and sensitize people, freedom fighting in a dark entity like Africa is not rice and salad game, u need to make people think brave at each opportunity.
If you don't get ready, Nigeria will give u hell treatment when the serious agigation starts soon.
Radio Biafra is preparing minds, cowards are never needed for freedom fighting and if u hate the truth, you can't succeed with such project.

I am not a member of IPOB but the radio speaks for all of us. That is my point! And because it speaks for all of us, we must help guide it to speaking the right things.
As per your point about the IPOB strategy being watertight and super, the truth is that there is really no way of knowing whether that is the case. There is a difference between propaganda and strategy. Propaganda can be part of a strategy, but strategy can never reasonable be built on propaganda alone.
Most of us are victims of propaganda which was abandoned when time came to actually succeed. It all failed and we are all paying for that failure.
As for the last bold points, I'd say that brawn is not bravery. Caution is not cowardice (a very wise Igbo saying).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Radio Biafra: Time To Take A Calculated Position by carnegiefan: 8:01pm On Jun 05, 2015
ikeyman00:
@@@

useless thread

all hail Biafra

by the way we dnt need u to listen to radio baifra

u can always tune to your pentecostal channel to hear your pastor asking u if u wana be rich since 199000dc

we dnt need u! for heaven sake

I had to listen to the radio. It would be irresponsible of me (or of any other Eastern Nigerian) not to listen and hear what is being said on our behalf. So, to that extent, I have no choice.
The last bold says a lot to support my apprehension about the childish mindset that needs to be exorcised from those speaking on our behalf.
The struggle you are embarking on is MAMMOTHAN.
Those who you think are friends are the enemy, and those you think are enemies are actually friends.
May God help us all.
Re: Radio Biafra: Time To Take A Calculated Position by carnegiefan: 8:06pm On Jun 05, 2015
rman:
The reference to Biafra as a Christian nation is unnecessary. It is okay to build alliances but no modern nation hopes to thrive should be built on any form of religiosity.

Religion throw up a lot of sentiments and is devoid of logic. Africa and Nigeria is where it is today because of religion cum ethnic bias.

Biafra must be a deviation from the hence you end up back at square one in the new country.

@OP, you are a breath of fresh air and seems to know how to go about issues. You should be part of the struggle. Majority of posters on nairaland in support of Biafra lack your depth. Kudos!

Point taken.

Thanks.
Re: Radio Biafra: Time To Take A Calculated Position by carnegiefan: 8:13pm On Jun 05, 2015
At this point, let me say that I could have simply written a private email to the director of Radio Biafra. But I reasoned that it would be better to share the idea with a broader audience of our people because then it would somehow get to the director.
Whatever is worth doing is worth doing well.
Re: Radio Biafra: Time To Take A Calculated Position by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jun 05, 2015
Unanimously agree to go back to your zone to develop yourselves will be a better option... All your hate speech called ideology will only fuel anger reacted upon which in itself will be criminal. Truth is no one in Nigeria wants to remain especially with you because you guys always bring strife and animosity. I pray biafra is given soon.

5 Likes

Re: Radio Biafra: Time To Take A Calculated Position by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jun 05, 2015
Oh my God! I love this article.
Re: Radio Biafra: Time To Take A Calculated Position by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jun 05, 2015
carnegiefan:
At this point, let me say that I could have simply written a private email to the director of Radio Biafra. But I reasoned that it would be better to share the idea with a broader audience of our people because then it would somehow get to the director.
Re: Radio Biafra: Time To Take A Calculated Position by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jun 05, 2015
carnegiefan:
Biko nwanne. I advice you channel this write up to Nnamdi KANU and other like minds ASAP. I agree that more content needs to be incorporated into the radio station. If the hate speeches can be reduced to a nearest minimum and diplomacy used as the new tactics ala BBC style, the radio station will go a long way in winning the hearts of our undecided brothers and also our enemies.
However, if need be the services of professionals can hired to plan the programming schedule of the station. Peace.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

These Pictures Of Nigerian Money From 1958 Till Date Will Definitely Turn Your H / Registered Voters Hit 84.27m — INEC / Borno Idps Protest Shortage Of Food In Camps(video,photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.