Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

The New Nokia 105: The $20 Mobile You Only Need To Charge Once A MONTH - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The New Nokia 105: The $20 Mobile You Only Need To Charge Once A MONTH (2416 Views)

Check Out The Price Of The New Nokia 3310 / Picture Of The New Nokia 3310 / The Phone You Only Have To Charge Once A WEEK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The New Nokia 105: The $20 Mobile You Only Need To Charge Once A MONTH by psalmry(m): 9:04am On Jun 05, 2015
If you’re fed up with charging your smartphone every night – not to mention trawling through hundreds of features just to make a call – then you’re in luck.
Nokia has launched a simple $20 (approx 4k) mobile phone that can last for 35 days on a single charge.
It is aimed at emerging markets where electricity is rare, but could also be sold as a back-up phone. shocked
'The new Nokia 105 builds on the success of its predecessor, the award-winning Nokia 105, and adds several improvements to enable you to achieve more,' the firm said.
On top of the enhanced audio for even better voice clarity, you can now talk longer; the new Nokia 105 supports up to 15-hours talk time.
So you can talk, and talk, and talk with your friends and family.
With an extended phonebook capacity, the new Nokia 105 can store up to 2,000 contacts.
It will also be available in a dual sim version.

I bet this phone was made for we we Nigerians, as in *rareElectricity, *largeMarket, plus we buy anything Phone...
Me already thinking how to get one cos this 9ja power issue is outta dis planet....
At least if all dem android & apple phones be getting drained, baddest backup dey, once in a month charge is more than cool....
Nokia Battery Be Saving Lives Since 1601BC grin

Source:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3109681/The-20-mobile-need-charge-MONTH-Microsoft-unveils-backup-Nokia-105-handset.html

Re: The New Nokia 105: The $20 Mobile You Only Need To Charge Once A MONTH by Youngpo413: 9:13am On Jun 05, 2015
Nokia still dey?

1 Like

Re: The New Nokia 105: The $20 Mobile You Only Need To Charge Once A MONTH by psalmry(m): 9:16am On Jun 05, 2015
Dem stil dey o, we al knw d@ wen it comes to battery life, they are Undisputed Champ's
Re: The New Nokia 105: The $20 Mobile You Only Need To Charge Once A MONTH by meshachdbuzz(m): 9:48am On Jun 05, 2015
change is coming I don't need it #APC#
Re: The New Nokia 105: The $20 Mobile You Only Need To Charge Once A MONTH by EnterPRO: 10:13am On Jun 05, 2015
once a month? seriously?
wonder what the battery capacity is.
Re: The New Nokia 105: The $20 Mobile You Only Need To Charge Once A MONTH by Krak(m): 10:56am On Jun 05, 2015
This phone is one of the worst phones I have ever used. It is not worth using, even for free.
Re: The New Nokia 105: The $20 Mobile You Only Need To Charge Once A MONTH by Ezerbullet(m): 12:09pm On Jun 05, 2015
They should make such phones for smartphones
Re: The New Nokia 105: The $20 Mobile You Only Need To Charge Once A MONTH by tahoe(m): 1:24pm On Jun 05, 2015
Hope say no be trailer battery e dey use
Re: The New Nokia 105: The $20 Mobile You Only Need To Charge Once A MONTH by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jun 05, 2015
How can the talk time be 15hrs and its expected to last a whole month on a single charge, it doesn't add up.

4 Likes

Re: The New Nokia 105: The $20 Mobile You Only Need To Charge Once A MONTH by IWillSucceed: 3:00pm On Jun 05, 2015
OP YOUR JUDGEMENT REGARDING THIS PHONE IS TOTALLY INCORRECT. 32 DAYS STANDBY TIME IS TOTALLY DIFFERENT FROM 3 DAYS USAGE TIME.

THERE IS NO PHONE EXISTING THAT CAN STAY UP TO 7 DAYS DAYS OF "ACTIVE" USE WITHOUT CHARGE LET ALONE 32 DAYS.

MANY PHONES CAN STAY EVEN UP TO 40 DAYS STANDBY AND THAT MEANS WITHOUT BEING USED AT ALL.
Re: The New Nokia 105: The $20 Mobile You Only Need To Charge Once A MONTH by egopersonified(f): 6:00pm On Jun 05, 2015
15 hours talk time for a whole month, as in 30 mins each day for 30 days, or am I missing something?
Re: The New Nokia 105: The $20 Mobile You Only Need To Charge Once A MONTH by Rubis(m): 6:22pm On Jun 05, 2015
Krak:
This phone is one of the worst phones I have ever used. It is not worth using, even for free.

Kindly share your experience here because I intend buying it.
Re: The New Nokia 105: The $20 Mobile You Only Need To Charge Once A MONTH by Walexz02(m): 10:37am On Jun 06, 2015
Krak:
Tell us something bro
Re: The New Nokia 105: The $20 Mobile You Only Need To Charge Once A MONTH by Walexz02(m): 10:38am On Jun 06, 2015
Microsoft can lie ehn! One month ko! One year ni!
Re: The New Nokia 105: The $20 Mobile You Only Need To Charge Once A MONTH by Krak(m): 7:59am On Jun 07, 2015
Rubis:

Kindly share your experience here because I intend buying it.

The earpiece is so low that you cannot even hear anything.

The battery is the normal BL 5C battery found on most low-end nokia phone.

The phone is so light that it feels as if it is made of foam.

The phone I bought stopped working after about 2 months. Every single person I know that bought this phone has been complaining about it.

The keypad is so wack that after a few days of use you have to press the keypad twice.

It is nothing but an overhyped substandard Nokia phone. I cannot believe that Nokia can make such a ridiculous phone.

No wonder its sold for just 2,500 Naira.

(1) (Reply)

Can You Remember This? (PHOTO) #throwbackthursday / What To Expect In Upcoming Nokia C1 Android Device + Leaked Images / Boxes Filled With Iphones Fall Out Of Truck

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.