Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,238 members, 7,815,321 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

Choice Of Synthetic Oil. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Choice Of Synthetic Oil. (4736 Views)

When To Choose Synthetic Lubricant / Do you use a semi-synthetic/full synthetic oil and how much is it? / I Wanna Buy Mobil 1 5W-20 Synthetic Oil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Choice Of Synthetic Oil. by leadknight123(m): 12:48pm On Jun 05, 2015
A lot companies have good reputation with their products but when it comes to engine oil, what company would you rather choose. Mobil, Castrol, royal purple, valvoline, few of our own here in nigeria. oando, total, conoil? I have used royal purple and I can say they have good performance. Add yours and let's know the best.
Re: Choice Of Synthetic Oil. by nurey(m): 8:44pm On Jun 05, 2015
MRS full synthetic 5W40 used it twice and no sludge or knocking sound in engine. Priced at #6600 to #7500 for 5litres depending on location, don't confuse it with the 10W40 sold at #6400.
Re: Choice Of Synthetic Oil. by leadknight123(m): 9:20pm On Jun 05, 2015
nurey:
MRS full synthetic 5W40 used it twice and no sludge or knocking sound in engine. Priced at #6600 to #7500 for 5litres depending on location, don't confuse it with the 10W40 sold at #6400.
I think its safe to say almost all these fully synthetic engine oil perform well, except for the fact that they are made by different companies.
Re: Choice Of Synthetic Oil. by Nobody: 11:23am On Jun 06, 2015
Hm, synthetic oils. Beyong longevity, its cons usually outweigh its pros not least of which is deleterious effects on seals and high level of oil burn.
Re: Choice Of Synthetic Oil. by dhemmyhardy(m): 1:34pm On Jun 06, 2015
Do you Need fully Synthetic Oil......5w 20, 5w 30 5w 40
Or any other type of Engine oil you can contact me at my
Signature

Dhemmyhardy
Re: Choice Of Synthetic Oil. by auhanson(m): 7:59pm On Jun 06, 2015
leadknight123:
I think its safe to say almost all these fully synthetic engine oil perform well, except for the fact that they are made by different companies.

My bros, the mobil1, 0W40 sold in Nigeria is questionable, in that it doesn't last that long and do forms sludge

1 Like

Re: Choice Of Synthetic Oil. by abunafiu(m): 11:17pm On Jun 07, 2015
auhanson:

My bros, the mobil1, 0W40 sold in Nigeria is questionable, in that it doesn't last that long and do forms sludge
I agree with you on this sir.
I have used the 5w40 version of forte oil SYNTH1000. I am not impressed. I was unable to get 5k miles.
EOD 2003 model.

kindly recomend a better deal. God bless u.
Re: Choice Of Synthetic Oil. by jum33: 3:03pm On Jun 08, 2015
Try Lubex synthetic oil ,I used and i noticed a significant difference in my engine performance .u can order from it on konga .
Re: Choice Of Synthetic Oil. by igbsam(m): 9:14pm On Jun 08, 2015
I use sea horse for my Honda EOD. works for me.
Re: Choice Of Synthetic Oil. by Segzie8180: 9:55am On Jun 09, 2015
leadknight123:
A lot companies have good reputation with their products but when it comes to engine oil, what company would you rather choose. Mobil, Castrol, royal purple, valvoline, few of our own here in nigeria. oando, total, conoil? I have used royal purple and I can say they have good performance. Add yours and let's know the best.

They are all good oil but the quality of each of them lies in their strengths which the capability to withstand the engine pressure without losing it's form quickly. By pressure I mean performance in cold and hot temperature of the engine. You can compare these features of different oil by asking for the data sheet from the producers to check the technical data of each oil like the flash point, pour point, viscosity index and total base number.
Lubex has it because I saw it when oil was introduced to me and I requested to have copy.
Re: Choice Of Synthetic Oil. by Mojibola(m): 9:15pm On Jul 07, 2015
leadknight123:

Yes, I reckon royal purple is quite good. With synthetic and metal treatment properties, it's very good.

One can actually afford to drive the engine with oil shortage.

Quote me.
Re: Choice Of Synthetic Oil. by shamecurls(m): 11:51pm On Jul 07, 2015
Mobil1 all the way....
Re: Choice Of Synthetic Oil. by Shalomc(f): 10:48am On May 06, 2018
nurey:
Sir is the MRS synthetic still available? Where can I get it? How do I differentiate between the original and imitations? Or do you have contrary views about it now?
Re: Choice Of Synthetic Oil. by nurey(m): 12:46pm On May 10, 2018
Shalomc:

Sir is the MRS synthetic still available? Where can I get it? How do I differentiate between the original and imitations? Or do you have contrary views about it now?

I have been using the 5W40 4yrs plus now, no issue. it is now sold 13k for the 5L keg. you will see full synthetic and 5W40 boldly written on it
Re: Choice Of Synthetic Oil. by Shalomc(f): 1:02pm On May 10, 2018
nurey:

I have been using the 5W40 4yrs plus now, no issue. it is now sold 13k for the 5L keg. you will see full synthetic and 5W40 boldly written on it
Thanks. Good to hear. What is the service interval for the 5W40?
Re: Choice Of Synthetic Oil. by nurey(m): 1:19pm On May 10, 2018
Shalomc:

Thanks. Good to hear. What is the service interval for the 5W40?

I use it on my 2000 sienna, 6months or 8000km which ever comes first, and no sludge or engine issues since 2014.

check your owners manual for recommended oil change interval
Re: Choice Of Synthetic Oil. by Shalomc(f): 1:26pm On May 10, 2018
nurey:

I use it on my 2000 sienna, 6months or 8000km which ever comes first, and no sludge or engine issues since 2014.

check your owners manual for recommended oil change interval
15000km or annually.
Re: Choice Of Synthetic Oil. by AutoElectNG: 1:56pm On May 10, 2018
Shalomc:

15000km or annually.

Which vehicle?
Re: Choice Of Synthetic Oil. by nurey(m): 2:15pm On May 10, 2018
Shalomc:

15000km or annually.

I won't advice you running MRS for that long, or any engine oil bought in Nigeria for that long that is 1 service per year. What vehicle and year is that?
Re: Choice Of Synthetic Oil. by Shalomc(f): 2:18pm On May 10, 2018
nurey:

I won't advice you running MRS for that long, or any engine oil bought in Nigeria for that long that is 1 service per year. What vehicle and year is that?
Mercedes Benz W203.
Re: Choice Of Synthetic Oil. by nurey(m): 2:38pm On May 10, 2018
Shalomc:

Mercedes Benz W203.

if it's a low mileage tokunbo, try Mobil extended performance should be able to do 10,000km/a year,

don't use that MRS more than 6months or 8k km because it isn't tested and trusted for higher use.

My unbiased advice is to look for any good 5Wxx synthetic oil and run it for 8k km or 6months to help your engine help it self

1 Like

Re: Choice Of Synthetic Oil. by AutoElectNG: 2:38pm On May 10, 2018
Shalomc:

Mercedes Benz W203.

Mobil 1 Extended Performance or Mannol Energy Combi 'LL 5w30

I can supply either.

Both are guaranteed to do that oil change interval
Re: Choice Of Synthetic Oil. by AutoElectNG: 2:39pm On May 10, 2018
Shalomc:

Mercedes Benz W203.

Which variant in particular?
Re: Choice Of Synthetic Oil. by weyreypey: 10:44pm On Jun 14, 2018
AutoElectNG:

Mobil 1 Extended Performance or Mannol Energy Combi 'LL 5w30

I can supply either.

Both are guaranteed to do that oil change interval
Do you have Liquimoly super leicthlauf 10W-40
Re: Choice Of Synthetic Oil. by AutoElectNG: 10:54pm On Jun 14, 2018
weyreypey:

Do you have Liquimoly super leicthlauf 10W-40

No, I don't.

(1) (Reply)

9 Reasons To Shop For Car Insurance Every 6 Months / 10 Best Used Cars/suvs With Good Fuel Economy / My Budget Is 800-900k And I Need These Cars Pls Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.